PDA

View Full Version : Question about September '08

BMan62
01-22-2008, 08:40 AM
I am kind of stuck with a timing question for this September...

DW and I have made preliminary reservations, through MJ, for a trip at the end of September this year (23rd - 30th) but see that the Food & Wine Festival starts the weekend that we would be there (Sept. 26 - Nov. 9.) This also means that if the 'free dining' is offered this year, it would end during our stay and we would not be able to take full advantage of it, if at all. We've done the F&WF before and are really not that interested in doing it again, along with the fact that this brings more visitors to the parks.

Due to the nature of DW's job, we would have to move our dates back two weeks - she has a job where she loses a 'special weekend' pay rate for her entire two week pay period if she misses one day in that period.

My question is: do we take the chances, in moving the trip back to the 9th - 16th and risk a more active period of the hurricane season, or keep the dates we already planned on and just deal with the heavier crowds?

Personally, I like having the lower crowd levels.

faline
01-22-2008, 08:51 AM
While Epcot does get more crowded during the Food & Wine festival, I'm not sure that it has a significant impact on the crowd levels overall. If, however, free dining is offered and you want to take advantage of that, you might need to move dates depending on what, if anything, Disney offers.

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
My opinion, I'd go for the earlier vacation. Especially if you do not care about missing the F&W. We typically go during the second and third weeks of September and love that time. We have never had any trouble with hurricane season. It is a bit rainy in September but we've found over the years that ir doesn't matter when in September. We did go one year for two weeks, one week being the week before F&W festival and the other the first week of F&W, I can say that we noticed a marked increase in the crowds due to F&W. We also can do without the F&W festival so we would go the earlier week. Just our opinion of course but we found the parks to be much busier after F&W started.

I personally rather have the crowds lighter and be able to enjoy the shorter lines. Whenever you go have a great trip!!!