PDA

View Full Version : boardwalk area-counter service breakfast??

TFrauts
01-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Hi there!! I was just wondering if anyone can recommenda couple of places that offer great breakfast, in return for a counter service credit! We are staying at the boardwalk, so something in that area would be preffered! It would be fine if it was at another hotel within walking/boating distance!!
THanks, Tiffany

playdead88
01-22-2008, 06:11 AM
the boardwalk bakery - it is wonderful - im not sure about the snack credit we have never used the dining plan but im sure someone will be along who knows - all i do know is that bakery is awesome - we ate there every a.m. when we stayed there:cloud9:

Donald A
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
The bakery is good, but really that's about it for counter service breakfast. You also have to rely on a table outside or a seat on the Boardwalk as I do not remember any tables inside. The Boardwalk, in my opinion, lacks good counter service in a cafe (with seating) like setting. I think there needs to be more of that at the resorts.

robemcdo
01-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Advice:

Use the snack option at the boardwalk bakery...A wonderful array of goodies all of which count as a Snack. A decent size Chocolate Croissant or cinnamon roll which will surely tide you over until lunch.

wendy*darling
01-22-2008, 10:22 PM
The Boardwalk Bakery is indeed just about "it" for that area.
The do have breakfast sandwiches which will for for a CS credit, and pastries for a Snack credit.
If you are staying there and get a refillable mug- the Bakery does refills for you mug.

Also- inside the Boardwalk on the lobby level there is a bar area- the Bellvue Lounge- that has continental breakfast items available, plus mug refills. The will have pieces of fruit, pastries and beverages. And you can use your snack credits if you like. There are tables and chairs in there and out on the balcony.

Spoodles (also at the Boardwalk) offers a great sit-down breakfast, if you are ever in the mood for that.

ElenitaB
01-22-2008, 11:53 PM
We've always enjoyed the breakfast offerings at the Boardwalk Bakery, which go beyond pastries to include breakfast sandwiches and such. Spoodles has a great breakfast as well (and if you're DVC members, there's a discount as well).

Across the way at the Beach Club, another TS breakfast (a character breakfast) is offered at Cape May.

Jared
01-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm not adding anything new to the conversation, but BoardWalk Bakery is definitely your best option for a quick breakfast in that area. You can spend a counter service credit for a breakfast sandwich or panini, or use a snack credit for delicious pastries.

:tasty:

TFrauts
01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
I am going as a family/friend of a dvc'er....if my room key says 'member' do i get the discount anyways??

THanks