PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend Help

wifey5794
01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I need some advice from those who have been. We were just at the World for 8 days in Dec. My DS (10) and DD (8) love Star Wars. I was thinking about taking a quick trip with them (DH is going to pass on this trip) June 19-23. First - is it really worth it? And second - we usually stay at GF but I was looking into a resort that has boat access (besides bus) to Hollywood Studios thinking it may be easier to get around. Money isn't really the issue. I want to suprise them. I just don't want to get there and find they are disappointed.

Any help would be appreciated!

elmjimmlm
01-22-2008, 12:06 AM
We were there last year...As soon as we checked in, we went straight to the park and watched the parade...For my boys that was the best thing that has ever happened to them...Then we walked thru that park and there were characters signing autographs and posing for pictures...They had a photo taken with the Sand Troopers..:trooper:.We could have packed up and went back home after that and they would have been happy...Just to see the look of your "fan" seeing :darth: in person is great...Darth Maul is their favorite and they got to see him...The only thing that upset them was the Training that was going on in front of Star Tours...They stood in line 5 times that week to be picked to train with Darth...It never happened...I am just glad to know that they are keeping this and when we go back, they can try again...:yoda:

Mackflava99
01-22-2008, 12:09 AM
YEs its totally worth it-
We had a tremendous time, ALl i can say is get there early, be aware of the calendar of events for the day- make sure you see the parade,
and enjoy yourself- its tremendous

MOJoe
01-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Star Wars Weekends are incredibly fun. Your children are the perfect age, and if they are the least bit interested in Star Wars, then this is a must do event - at least once.
Also, staying in the Boardwalk area is very convenient. I highly recommend it. Walking or taking a slow boat ride to your hotel beats the bus anytime. So do it! You will have fun!

dra_rosie_k
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Absolutely take your boys! In addition to the things already mentioned, there are lots of characters to meet and from which to get autographs. The photo of my nephew with Darth Maul was priceless :thumbsup:

If you stay at the Beach Club or Yacht Club the pool is amazing too. Stormalong Bay is perhaps the best resort pool in WDW. Then you can take the boat back and chill a bit if you like.

Jeff
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I agree - very much worth it.
Make sure you are there at Park opening. There are Storm Troopers on the roofs of the gates and the "Imperial March" music is playing.

Meeting the characters was so cool. I felt as though I actually met Darth Vadar - geeky I know; but so cool.

My then 14 yr. old daughter and her best friend were actually speechless when meeting "Anikin". That memory is worth the visit in itself.

KylesMom
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Absolutely worth it. From the time DS was 2, we've seen these silly ear-to-ear grins whenever he's around the SW characters during these wonderful weekends. In fact, DS (almost 10) is very disappointed that we're going in July since he'll miss his beloved Star Wars characters (and merchandise). Although they seem to be "missing" something with the absence of Who Wants to be a Millionaire - SW Edition, it still is a fabulous time. Get there early, and just be prepared for some possible long character meet-and-greet lines.

I suggest that you make a few ADRs at DHS while you are there - perhaps Sci-Fi, MM and/or HBD. These weekends bring in the crowds, and we've found it's wonderful to have ADRs in the park. The amount of people we've seen turned away at Mama Melrose and Sci-Fi is an attraction within itself.

Have a GREAT time! :mickey: