PDA

View Full Version : Is my 18 yr old to old for bibidi bobidi boutique?

3beauties
01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello everybody,
I'm new to intercot,this is my first post and i hope i put it in the right place!
my question is would my 18 yr old daughter be horrified if i surprised her with a visit to bbb, or would she enjoy it? i want to do something different for her on our trip next month, this is what i came up with , what do you think?

Donald's Girl
01-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I would think she really is too old for it. Why not schedule her at one of the spas? I have nieces that age and they love massages and spa treatments!
Maybe someone else has some better ideas.

BouncingTigger
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree that she is too old for it. I'm 21 and still love princesses, but I would be way too embarrassed to wear a princess get-up all day around the parks. I think my mortification would have been even worse when I was 18 because I was so eager to prove I was "really" an adult! She might like some princess-y mouse ears, though!

I agree that a spa treatment would be nice. I've loved facials for years. Body treatments are also nice and a massage is also an option. Personally, I'm not a big fan of massages because I'm not old or achy enough to feel that much different when it's over - but that's just me!

Also, if any of the Pleasure Island clubs let people under 21 in, that might be cool. I would've loved that at that age - but I wouldn't have wanted my mom to tag along! If she has a friend or older sibling going on the trip, let them have some fun. (Give them the standard safety talk: carry a cell phone, stay together, watch your drink/never accept a drink from a stranger, etc. - but I think Disney is a pretty safe place!)

disneydeb
01-21-2008, 11:19 PM
How about a mother -daughter mani & pedi at a spa then tea at the Grand Flo together.:thumbsup:

PirateLover
01-22-2008, 08:32 AM
It's hard to say without knowing your daughter, but I'm going to agree with the others. As much as we are all princesses at heart, BBB seems a bit more for the toddler to tween set. I myself am 21. If your daughter is still into glitter and things like that she could always get her hair done at Main St. Barber Shop after a morning spa treatment at the Grand Floridian. I just can't see an 18 year old who isn't employed by Disney being gaga over wearing a princess gown/tiara around the park all day long. Also the prices at BBB are a bit extreme if you aren't 100% sure the recipient isn't going to enjoy it...

Hayden's Dad
01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I have to disagree a little with the previous posters. I don't think you should surprise her with it, but if you talked to her and she seemed to want to then I say go for it. My DW went there and got her hair and makeup and nails done when we went in Novemeber and she loved it, the Fairy God Mothers in training loved having her, she go so much attention for the next two days while she still had it in her hair. You could just do her hair and nails which is the cheaper package you could even both get your hair done and that would make things even more special. I say if she is into it then go for it. Where else can you have the opportunity to be pampered on by a real fairy godmother in training? :mickey: Have Fun

Dragongirlx
01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
I would say you are never too old for the bibidi bobbidy boutique - I would love to go myself (I am 31). However I have no kids and I don't think they do packages just for adults otherwise my twin sister and I wold be there in a shot

Tygger7
01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
So let me get everyone's thoughts on this: My 15 year old DD wants to go to BBB in the worst way. Do they have costumes/packages for teens?

Hayden's Dad
01-22-2008, 11:11 AM
However I have no kids and I don't think they do packages just for adults otherwise my twin sister and I wold be there in a shot

Sure they do. They just don't have dresses in your size there, but like I said before my DW (31) sorry hunny :blush: did last November and had a ball, and if you treatit right she got hers to last two full days and washed it out on the third morning. Go for it.

faline
01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
If this is something your 18 year wants to do, go for it but I certainly wouldn't make it a surprise!

baby minnie's mommy
01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree about not making it a surprise - that way you won't be disappointed or feel bad if she's not thrilled about it. Or at least talk to her about it, and if she thinks it's cool then secretly make an appointment.

BTW - Would they do a mother and daughter together, like in chairs next to each other? I want to take DD, maybe next year. She'll probably get it done by herself (because I want to watch:D), but in case she wants me to join in I'd like to know if it's possible to do it that way.

mickey&missy
01-22-2008, 01:29 PM
I think it really depends on your daughter. If she's still in that easily embarassed teenage thing then she'll probably hate it. I was going to do it with DD on her birthday (she's turning 7)next trip but decided that I'd rather watch her get all princessed up. She went halloween 06 and it was a ton of fun!

I agree with the others that for a girl her age a spa treatment maybe a better bet. The Grand Floridian is only a monorail ride away and the spa is supposed to be great!

BTW, :welcome: to intercot!!!

Disneyatic
01-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I think it would be fun! It would also be fun if you both got the package at the same time. I am sure that they could sit you next to each other so you could interact, especially if you are willing to wait a bit for the seats to open up! We saw quiet a few older girls and adults with their hair done from BBB during our last trip.
They have a few different hairstyles and only one of them has a tiara, one has a long hair extension with some mickey themed strands and another has a wild colored hair piece.

MickeyMousse
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Too old. Instead, buy her a tiara to wear from World of Disney.:princess:

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
:cloud9: Anyone can do this...I read one CM post about a 92 year old woman going for her birthday.

adoptionislove
01-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Where is the BBB?

Beast_fanatic
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Where is the BBB?

There are 2 locations - one in World of Disney at Downtown Disney, and one in the castle in the Magic Kingdom (park admission is required for that one).

mizzoumouse
01-22-2008, 09:33 PM
I have to say, when we were there in November/December, we saw some grown girls all done up from the BBB while we were at dinner at 1900 Park Fare. And while it is a Cinderella character meal, It was kind of weird. I know everyone is a kid at DW, but they were 18 - 25 years old, and having their fake hair and stuff one, it was just a little strange. Just my honest opinion. Others may feel differently. I would say go with the spa!!! Eithe way, have a great time!!! :mickey:

PirateLover
01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey don't get me wrong, I'm willing to embrace my inner princess at WDW too. I wore the paper crown they gave me for my birthday all day long and relished the attention I got. And I did see groups of girls that had been to BBB that seemed to be 15/16. They had makup, hair, tiara and sash. However I think it's entirely different to do something for kicks with your girlfriend or your child than to do it alone. The later teen years are an odd age for girls. As a previous poster mentioned, you are walking that line between wanting to be a grown up yet still being a child. If you do decide to go with BBB, as other posters have recommended, I would NOT make it a surprise. She may love the idea in the end, but she might not either.

divinedi
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
I agree with a lot of the posters, ASK her first. My 18 year old daughter is sitting next to me reading this, and she is a confident young lady, and told me that she would feel a little strange doing something like this which we both feel is generally meant for the younger set. I am sure that there are some 18 years old that would like it, but it is an individual thing.

Ask her, and if she's into it, by all means go for it!