PDA

View Full Version : DDE + party of 6

tomorrowschild
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi All,
I have a question in regards to the DDE.

We have debated about getting this card in the past, and now that our family has grown, we feel that it may be worth it.

We have annual passes so will get it for that price.

My first question is are they starting to charge the automatic tip on parties of 6? (and do they count a high chair baby as a person in this count?)

Then going along with this question. Would the DDE be worth it for us (5 adults eating)? (We have Chef Mickeys breakfast, Boma dinner, Cape May dinner, Ohana dinner)
What do you think?

logcabin81428
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi - I'm pretty sure the gratuity is added to any party over 8. . . not sure about party of 6.

However, if you pay $65 for the DDE (the FL passholder rate), then you will recoup your investment if you will spend at least $325 in meals at the restaurants you just listed. The discount is 20% and also applies to all beverages! You should definitely recoup the price of the DDE with 5 adults on the ticket!

I recoup the price with just ONE meal when my kids/grandkids come to visit, then use it all the rest of the year since I can visit often. It cannot be used for "special" events like Candlelight Processional (at Christmas) or Food and Wine Festival special dinners, etc.

Get the DDE and enjoy!! (We do) :blush:

gardenia
01-21-2008, 06:50 PM
As of January 1, 2008 they charge an 18% gratuity for parties of ANY size, at all table service restaurants including buffets, if you are using DDE.

You still save 20% on the original total. For 5 adults that would be a savings of $20-$30 per meal or more, so after just a few meals the DDE has paid for itself. The only way it's not a good deal is 1) if you are only eating once or twice or 2) if you normally don't tip at all!

wendy*darling
01-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Beginning in 2008, the automatic 18% gratuity applies to ALL party sizes now.

But remember- it is still 18% of your bill. If the baby does not order food, it wouldn't matter if he/she was counted in the head count or not.

FYI: The AP rate is $65, the FL resident rate is $85.

DizneyRox
01-22-2008, 08:10 AM
My first question is are they starting to charge the automatic tip on parties of 6? (and do they count a high chair baby as a person in this count?)
Yes, like others have said, party size does not matter. Who counts towards some arbitrary number doesn't matter.

Then going along with this question. Would the DDE be worth it for us (5 adults eating)? (We have Chef Mickeys breakfast, Boma dinner, Cape May dinner, Ohana dinner)
What do you think?
We found that for just the two of us, it's worth it, never mind a party of 5 or 6, or whatever. Now that the tip included, we'll have to run the numbers again. I'm not too keen on the 18% at a buffet, and now with the holiday surcharge on character meals (many/most of them are buffet) it's rubbing me the wrong way.

DDuck66
01-22-2008, 09:48 AM
With the exception of the automatic tip on buffets, it is still worth it. I added it up for our trip in May, and even with the auto tip, we are still coming out a lot cheaper. We would usually tip more than 18% on regular TS meals and less on buffets, so with the auto tip it about evens out. The 20% off on food AND Drinks including alcohol makes it worthwhile.