PDA

View Full Version : Oceaneers Club and Scheduled Kids Activities

tarzan_rocks
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
I am looking through some old Personal Navigators. I thought they might clear up some confusion I have about the Oceaneers Club. No such luck.

I’m confused about how scheduled kids’ activities work. Say my kids want to participate in Heffalump Hunting or Little Einsteins’ Adventures, both in the Oceaneers Club. Are these activities just for kids checked into the club at that time? Can we just walk up, participate and leave or do we have to check them in?

On a related note, are there play areas for public use? I understand that there are playground structures in the club. Are those only available to kids checked into the club? Are there places for our kids to play if we don’t want to check them in?

Can someone please clear this up for me? Thanks.

tr

AbeeNormal
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Great question,

It was a little confusing for us too. We just got back from a four day cruise, so hopefully this will help.

You're given a schedule everyday of where the kids will be and what they are doing thru-out the day. You can check them in at any time and go with them if you want to, if they are in the club they require you to check in, it's really quick and easy. The kids are given a band that they can were during the entire trip so all they do when you check them in is put a printed name tag on their shirt.

Outside of the kids club there is a portion of deck nine that has basketball courts with volley ball and other activities that you can do without being checked into the kids clubs, other than that there are pools for playing, there is also a movie theater your family can go to as well.

There are tons of activities going on all the time for both you and your kids in and out of the clubs. I really hope this clears up some questions if not send me a P.M. for specifics.

You will love the cruise - you will recieve unbeleivably good service,it's an absolute fantasy land. We are looking into doing there repositioning cruise next year for two weeks.

Both of my kids (boys 6 & 7) ask us daily if we can move to the ship.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
If children are going to participate in activities in the children's clubs, they must be registered. You also have to check them in and out, unless they have sign-out privileges (an option given to parents of older children). At times, there was a small line to check my DS in, but it was only at "peak times," such as close to the start of one of the more popular activities.

tarzan_rocks
01-23-2008, 12:53 AM
How much time in advance of a scheduled activity should we plan to arrive?

tr

TammiMcMan
01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
How much time in advance of a scheduled activity should we plan to arrive?

trThat can be a tricky question to answer. It's very rare, but sometimes the clubs do reach capacity and they can't let in any more children at that time. I'm sure that's primarily on the school vacation cruises though.

As Elenita pointed out, there could be a small line for the more popular activities, so you may want to plan about 20 minutes.