PDA

View Full Version : Doing WDW on while on WW??

chick20679
01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Forgive me if this has been discussed before...

I'm back on the Weight Watchers program and our vacation is in less than two weeks!!
I don't want to get TOO far off track :fingers: while at WDW and wondered if anyone had any advice on restaurants that have tasty meals that are also low on points? :tasty:

Our ADR's are:
Spoodles
Concourse Steakhouse
and
Restaurant Akershus

Looking for advice on meals at those places and ideas on counter service options.

Also, a DTD restaurant for our first night? :eat:

Thanks!! :clappy:

vamaggie
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
There was another thread about WW. I don't know how to link so hopefully someone will come along who can.

When we went in Nov, I tried to make good choices (lots of veggies, lean meat etc) but did not fare so well. I ended up gaining 1 lb (but got right back on track when we got home--weighed in the day after we landed home). For counter service, I tried to also choose grilled chicken or salad when I could. If not, I shared a meal with my DD (who is a fries hog!). My downfall (IMHO) was dessert. I had some (or all:secret: ) of one each night. If you can avoid that-more power to you. One thing I did that seemed to be good was to only drink water (except for my morning decaf coffee) I also tried to not snack too much in the parks.

Good Luck. Have a great trip. Enjoy yourself--even if you go "off program" while you are there, get right back on track when you get home!

Lucyrella
01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I am on WW, and went to Disney last August while on the program. I had no problem staying within my points and eating what I wanted, like a Dole Whip, or the bread pudding at Ohana's, and the key lime pie at Puck's Express. With all the walking you do, I actually lost weight while I was there. So as long as you keep to your routine, and don't go overboard, you can pretty much eat what you want.

Congrats on your weight loss!

:thumbsup:

kathiep
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
It can be done. I was on program during our September trip. I knew I was doing a lot of extra walking but still made sure to make the smartest choices I could.

If you've become comfortable estimating points values, you should be fine.

Good luck.