PDA

View Full Version : Airfares During Christmas Break

merlinmagic4
01-21-2008, 08:35 AM
I was hoping people who fly the week after Christmas could tell me what traditional airfares are like. I am looking at flying to Orlando on Saturday December 27th and returning Saturday January 3rd.

I need to find a time to go when I can get decent (300pp or less) airfare!!!

DizneyRox
01-21-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm used to paying $80-90 each way with Southwest. This past XMas the cheapest I saw was $255 each way, and that was for the off days. December 24th - December 31st. I think you'll be hard pressed to find $300 pp RT to Orlando at that time of year.

The dates you specified above were more for this past year, I don't quite remember the amounts, I quickly checked other dates and came up with mine as being the cheapest.

BigRedDad
01-21-2008, 09:37 AM
A lot will have to do with where you are traveling from. Unless you are in a regional area to MCO, I don't think you will be able to find $300pp airfare too easily. That time of year is prime traveling season and they will get a good bit for the tickets.

vamaggie
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
When we flew to Tampa this past Christmas (12/26-1/1) it was over $300 per person for us. I can't imagine that Orlando would be cheaper. I see you are in MA. I would check some more remote airports and see if their rates are any better than the bigger ones (like Logan). It maybe cost effective to drive a few hours to take off. Good Luck.

merlinmagic4
01-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks.........that's what I was expecting. We are being priced right out of our vacations since we can only travel prime time. It's killing me to try and find some time to go that isn't outrageous!

I really want to use my 2008 week!!!! We are considering driving in April for the week we already have booked but I'm not thrilled about the idea.

I think Christmas is out, too! If I can get my son to NOT play Pop Warner football we could go in August.................:secret: I really wouldn't do that to him but it is tempting :)

Bri
01-21-2008, 01:56 PM
January 2-4 are prime traveling times so just based on the Jan. 3 date, the tix will be really expensive. I am going Dec 8-15 and found tickets out of our small regional airport for $264 per person round trip, there are 2 of us. Philly is our closest big airport and it's 2 hours away and tix from there were $220 round trip. If you can bump your dates up and go before Christmas, you might be able to find tix under $300. Good luck, I hope you find something!

JMTStone
01-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Would you consider Thanksgiving? I know we all have to play by the rules with our kid's schools. We took a week around Thanksgiving and only had 2 days off of school. The parks were busy but any day at Disney is better than not at Disney. :cloud9:Seems a waste to throw away your points! At least that's what I did to justify our June 2008 trip.:secret: