PDA

View Full Version : counter service @ deluxe hotels

TFrauts
01-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Are there any "GREAT" counter service restaurants in any of the monorail hotels?

Thanks, TIffany

TFrauts
01-21-2008, 02:20 AM
I have another question that relates to this one...

would it be possible to get a ''counter service' at captain cooks snack house, and go to the beach to eat it and watch ' wishes'????

Natazu
01-21-2008, 03:24 AM
Captain Cook's has great flatbread and yes, you can get food, then go to the beach to watch Wishes.

Jared
01-21-2008, 04:20 AM
I wouldn't say any of the resort counter service restaurants are great, but they are definitely serviceable and acceptable. My family usually stays at the Polynesian and has breakfast every morning at Captain Cook's. But like Jym mentioned in the above post, you can buy dinner there, too, and eat it on the beach while watching Wishes in the nighttime sky.

:tasty:

laprana
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I think Captain Cooks is a really good CS place! It has a nice selection of food with some standard fare like cheeseburgers and chicken ceasar salad. But, they also have some good, unique items that have a "poly flare" to them! I recommend the Polynesian Salad with Chicken! They also have a Hawaiian pulled pork sandwich and yummy flatbread pizzas. You can definitely take your food to the beach to watch Wishes! :fworks:

P.S. Don't forget the Dole Whip at Captain Cooks! Yummmmmm!!!

Aggie97
01-21-2008, 12:50 PM
My husband and I really like Captain Cook's; the flatbreads and turkey sandwich are very good and nice alternatives to most CS options in the parks, and we love Tonga Toast for breakfast (quicker and less expensive than Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe). :mickey:

vamaggie
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Another vote for Capt'n Cooks. We really like the Mickey waffles (they are big!) and Tonga Toast. Also the grown up grilled cheese is so yummy! There is a nice sitting area outside and the pool & beach is a close stroll away.

SBETigg
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
We've had good CS experiences at both Captain Cook's and at Gasparilla Grill at the GF. I like that you have some self-service options at both as well as decent food, and that they're both 24 hour for the self-serve items. They also have beer and wine. You can take the food out of both, to the marina, to the beach, to your room, etc. Though they are both good, unless I was staying there or had plans to check out the resort, I probably wouldn't bother making a special trip for either one.