PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside Piano guy Bob Jackson, Do you think he is appropriate for kids

davenportgirly
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I have heard that Bob Jackson is hilarious and a "must see" for Port Orleans Riverside entertainment. Is he appropriate for kids ages 10, 9,and 6 to view? Is this just adult entertainment or can kids view it as well? My daughter loves the piano and I thought she might enjoy this.:mickey:

pogo
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
First of all.....

:welcome: to Intercot !

If he is anything like Elliot Dyson at POFQ, you will all enjoy his show ! I'm sure he entertains children of all ages. Have fun ! :D

P.S. I've heard he is excellent with children. ;)

MMouse6937
01-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Absolutely appropriate for everyone! He's is wonderful and gets the kids up and moving in a train dancing through the place. He signs autographs inbetween sets. His piano rocks back and forth while he's playing and the kids just love it. We spent so much time in the evenings with Bob and always saw kids and families there. You guys will love it. Have fun!!

and btw, :welcome: to Intercot!!!

#1donaldfan
01-21-2008, 07:46 AM
Good for kids of all ages.....:thumbsup:

illini
01-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Another confirmation that he's perfectly appropriate. Welcome to intercot!

fatboy
01-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Not trying to be a wise guy but... Do you really think Disney would have an entertainer at the resort that innaprpriate for kids?:D:D Kind of defeats the purpose.

JerseyMouse
01-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Absolutely!!!! Bob is great fun for the whole family.

tinksmom02
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Another vote for Bob! He's appropriate for kids of all ages! He's lots of fun, and does lots of audience participation things. Jenna (5) got his autograph during intermission, and during the next set he introduced her, made her stand on a chair, and played "ring of fire" for her (she's a Johnny Cash fan--don't ask). She was so excited!

McGoofy
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Absolutely...We were there last month, and there were quite a few kids in the lounge. Bob is VERY family friendly. My DS9 loved him. His music is very interactive, and he is hilarious! He did everything from having the audience sing the theme song from "Sponge Bob Squarepants" with him to the "Mickey Mouse Club March" to the "12 Days of Christmas." Now of course, the "12 Days of Christmas" lends itself to LOTS of audience participation. Bob had so many people acting out different parts of the song. When it got to the part about "7 lords a leaping!" He had 7 grown men leaping around the lounge. One man jumped so high that he hit the chandelier that was hanging!! We also sang "Sweet Caroline." When he got to the line "touching you...touching me..." he inserted his own line to go into the song..."Be careful this is Disney World!!":mickey: We had such a fun time that night. I would definitely take advantage of the opportunity to see him. Bob is an extremely talented singer and piano player. Your whole family will love it.

P.S. I have two short video clips that I took on my digital camera that I can e-mail you if you would like to PM me your e-mail address.

dteed
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Just fine for kids. We have been numerous times with the kids, if they get bored with it I just send them to the arcade which is just down the hall. That is where they wanted to be anyway.

WDW1985
01-23-2008, 11:44 PM
:thumbsup:

Bob is amazing. The atmosphere he creates is truly amazing. I'm glad Disney found him. He really has a lot of talent and makes everyone feel at home. The content was very appropriate for the kiddos, but they may not know the words to Neil Diamond songs. ;)

Enjoy! and welcome to Intercot!!! This is the best place online for Disney fanatics!!! :party:

wdw1985
:mickey:

jokat
01-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Bob ROCKS! :thumbsup: His show is so much fun AND appropriate for kids of all ages. I recommend getting an autograph at intermission as well and see if he's selling any of his CDs. We bought one last trip and love it. After seeing the show you'll always want to sing the songs the "Bob" way. So much fun!

brewcrew26
01-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Bob is amazing for kids of all ages! He gets people up on stage. Forgive me, I didn't read through all the messages, so I don't know if this was covered, but if you google him he has a website out there in the webland that I want to say has some of his playlists and pictures from his performances.

Airblue1
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
My Father In Law's name is Bob Jackson. We are staying in the French Quarter. I guess I will have to see this in person. Since we will not be too far away. Where does he play exactly?

MMouse6937
01-25-2008, 12:11 PM
He plays at the lounge at POR. Do you think this is your FIL? That would be hysterical.

Airblue1
01-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately he is not the piano player.
That would be great though, nothing like visiting my pops in law at the resort every weekend..........