PDA

View Full Version : Dinning Table Guests

DakotaDisney
01-20-2008, 08:34 PM
How do they pick your dinning table guests?

If you are traveling alone, do they put you with other singles or can you have your own table?

It is fun to meet new people, but I am not sure which I would prefer.

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
They do seem to put thought into the guests with whom you will be seated at dinner time. We were a single mom/tween child, and were seated with another single mom/young teenager and grandmother/9 year old. We really enjoyed their company.

I agree with you, meeting new people is fun and part of what we enjoy about travelling.

I might be wrong but I don't think there are tables for one in the dining rooms.

adoptionislove
01-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Oh!

I did not know that we share a table, how fun!

I hope we get great people to share with us!

I love to make new friends!!!

DisneyDudet
01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
We were a group of five, me, my parents and grandparents. We were put with a group of three ladies, probably a little younger than my grandparents, who were traveling to celebrate retirement. So, I don't know if they saw the ages of my grandparents and decided that would be great, but it was rather fun learning about them and where they were from and all the stories.

The first time I went I was with a group, and we all sat together.

thejens
01-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Does this mean my family of 4 will be seated with others? I've never done this before. I think it would be nice for one night, but what if you don't like the people you are seated with? What if they don't like us!? When we cruised on NCL we were always able to sit together as a family alone.

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 10:59 PM
thejens, I have seen 4-tops in the dining rooms... if you do not wish to sit with other people, let your travel agent know and DCL may be able to sit your family at a table by yourselves.

DisneyDudet
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Our table of 8 was seated next to another table of 8, a table of 12 or so, and two tables of 4, so it is possible, but there aren't very many.

It is actually a fun part of cruising, but if you wish not to sit with others, you can request it, but nothing is guaranteed. Also, if you do not like your selection, you can stop by the dining table once you board the ship. They are usually in the same location as the spa and Palo reservation tables. You can see if there is a way to find out if you are dining with others and/or to change your dining arrangements.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-01-2008, 11:48 PM
We requested a table just for our group and had no problem getting it. But there were 7 of us so maybe that made a difference.

TheDuckRocks
02-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Being that it was just my DH and myself, we were seated with a family of 5. Having them to share dinner with every evening was one of the highlights of our trip. At breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms we were never seated with anyone else.

AbeeNormal
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
We were a party of 7 and they always sat us together without anyone else. To be honest I never really thought about that until now. If you do get sat a table with others and feel uncomfortable you can always let them know, they aim to please. You also don't have to eat in the dining room every night, and hopefully at least one of those nights you will be dining in Palo's. There is also a buffet available and room service too.

thejens
02-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Duck Rocks you are such troopers! I think if a nice couple without kids sat with us and our boys they might beg for another table the next time!