PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Bus pick ups at Resorts

DakotaDisney
01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
I read somewhere that the Cruise Line Buses only stop at certain resorts. Is that true?

Do they stop at any of the value resorts?

I know they stop at AKL.

And does anyone know what time they typically pick people up at the resorts on the first day of a cruise? (Sundays)

Thanks!:mickey:

adoptionislove
01-20-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't know for sure.

I DO know that we are staying at the Poly and they will pick us up at noon on a thursday for our cruise.

When we stayed at the Pop, I saw a Cruise Line Bus pull up to the lobby entrance so I think they do?!

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Cruiseline buses may be pressed into service for trips other than going to and from port, such as for DME.

I'm sure that Jeanne will be along soon to give us information.

Piglet822
01-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Disney Cruise Line buses are owned and operated by Mears Transportation and are utilized for things other than DCL.
For DCL pickups there are only certain resorts that the buses will pick up at. They will also pick up DVC members at the DVC resorts.
I believe the first bus picks up at the Grand Floridian at 11ish but you do need to check in with DCL staff so it's not like you can just show up at any resort and hop a bus.
Going from the ship to the resorts the buses will drop off at any of the Disney hotels.

pilk
01-27-2008, 06:16 PM
We are staying at a ASMu prior to a DCL in May. We have to go to the Swan since they don't pick up at the value resorts. We tried to get picked up at another resort but the reply was that unless you are staying at one the pickup resorts you have to go to the Swan.

Celakip
02-10-2008, 11:58 AM
We're going to WDW in June for 7 nights, then on a DIsney cruise for 4 nights, then one more night at WDW. We booked all this separately instead of a land/sea package because it was considerably cheaper. We're staying at Pop and were told the cruise buses will not pick us up there, so we will have to get to the Swan somehow - by taxi or maybe we can talk someone at Pop into driving us over in a Disney van. When we get back from the cruise, the cruise bus will take us back to the Swan and we will have to get back to Pop for the final night somehow. Everyone we've talked to at Disney assures us this is no problem and is done all the time, but I'm still a little worried something will get messed up.

Anyone ever done something similar? :mickey:

Piglet822
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
When we get back from the cruise, the cruise bus will take us back to the Swan and we will have to get back to Pop for the final night somehow. Everyone we've talked to at Disney assures us this is no problem and is done all the time, but I'm still a little worried something will get messed up.

Anyone ever done something similar? :mickey:

I drove the DCL buses for 5 years in and out of Port Canaveral and did the port to resort run many times. Officially the buses are only supposed to stop at cruise resorts but truth be told, we always dropped at any of the Disney resorts. Check with the staff at the port before you board the bus.

DakotaDisney
02-10-2008, 10:48 PM
I plan on staying at AKL before my cruise, so I can take the bus from there.

But after the cruise I am going to POP for 2 nights I will either have to take the bus back to AKL or to Swan. Then probably a taxi from either place.

Any suggestions of which place would be better or cheaper to get a taxi or some other form of transporation to POP from? AKL or Swan?

I have never been to Swan before.

Piglet822
02-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I plan on staying at AKL before my cruise, so I can take the bus from there.

But after the cruise I am going to POP for 2 nights I will either have to take the bus back to AKL or to Swan. Then probably a taxi from either place.

Any suggestions of which place would be better or cheaper to get a taxi or some other form of transporation to POP from? AKL or Swan?

I have never been to Swan before.

Please read my above post regarding transportation from the port. There should be no problem with the bus from PC dropping you at Pop Century.

DakotaDisney
02-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Please read my above post regarding transportation from the port. There should be no problem with the bus from PC dropping you at Pop Century.

Piglet822,

Thank you. I had all ready read your post earlier and I will look into that. I just wanted to know other options in case that doesn't work.

My only concern is that if it is something that they are not supposed to do, but did. Things might have changed and they might not allow that anymore. Do you understand what I am saying? Just because you were nice and did it, doesn't mean that others will or they might have gotten stricter about allowing their drivers to do that.

I will look into it though. Thanks!

Piglet822
02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Yes, I do understand exactly what you're saying. And to answer the other question you had, the Swan would be closer than AKL.
I wasn't the only that did that though. We all did it, no questions asked. The only time I ever heard Disney CM's telling people the "official" policy was when they wanted to go to a resort other than a Disney resort.
I have emailed one of our managers, he actually helps coordinate the DCL buses, and asked for you so I can give you a more precise answer.
I've not heard back from him yet but when I do I'll post the answer here.
Oh, almost forgot. If you're not able to take the bus to Pop Century, Caribbean Beach is actually the closest resort and that is a DME resort so you shouldn't have any problem.

DakotaDisney
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Piglet822!

That's really nice of you!

The people here at Intercot are really helpful!:mickey:

Piglet822
02-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I heard back from my manager and the answer is yes! The buses from the port to the resort will stop at any of the Disney resorts, this does not include the DD area hotels located on Disney property but not owned by Disney. That would be entirely up to the driver.
Getting to Pop Century should not be a problem.

#1disneyfan
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
What are the pickup resorts? When will we know if we have to get to another resort to catch the bus or if it comes to ours?

Piglet822
02-17-2008, 09:09 AM
If you book the land/sea package you will only be given the option of staying at a cruise resort.
Also, if you see a DCL desk in the lobby, that is a cruise resort.
If memory serves correctly (please someone, jump in if I miss one or mistakenly add a resort to this list that doesn't belong)

Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Port Orleans (River and French)
Caribbean Beach
Dolphin
Swan
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge (I think)
Animal Kingdom (Park and Lodge)
And if you are a DVC member, the bus will pick up at your DVC resort.