PDA

View Full Version : Disney trip went down the tubes

browneyedgirl12
01-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I am very sad right now. We just found out that we have to replace our drainfield and that is going to cost us about (hold on to your chair) $8,000. So you can guess whats going to happen. No vacation to WDW this year :(:(. I almost feel like crying. I don't know maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Well my Disney trip went down the tubes. I'll be okay, although its hard to look at the glass being half full right now, I'll get through it. Thanks for listening , I just needed to vent a little.

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you can find some way to get to Disney ASAP.:pixie: for you

merlinmagic4
01-20-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm so sorry! I can't imagine having to spend that much money on something like that.

I know what it's like to cancel a trip so I hope your next one comes up fast.

Sunshine1010
01-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry you are having to deal with the cancellation of your trip.....AND the unexpected bill. Just remember, you can ALWAYS start planning for a trip, even if there isn't a specific date chosen yet. (lists of restaurants you want to go to, places you want to go, etc.)

Good luck ....and smile!

Hull-onian
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
I feel sad for you too.:( When I need a Disney fix, I go to You Tube and key in Disney Rides or anything Disney. It is just great. Just to hear the music from Soarin, or the steam engine:train: that Mainstreet Jim engineers, is great. I love to see the fireworks :fworks:too. It helps.:mickey:

DisFan01
01-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm so sorry...

GIVING YOU SOME

:pixie: to get through it all...

SBETigg
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
That's really sad. I'm so sorry. You know you have all our sympathy here.

:pixie: and :hug:

tadshome
01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry that you have had to cancel your trip :hug: :pixie:

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Very sorry for your having to cancel hopefully you can get there soon I now i would be ready to cry also nobody wants to have to cancel a disney trip we have and it really stinks our prayers are with you and hoping for some disney magic for you soon :mickey:

Miss Mouse
01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
So sorry to hear of your let-down! :(

I feel your pain - things were looking up in regards to us taking a quick trip to DL in February, but that fell through. It really does stink. My best advice? Relive all the magic through your previous Disney photo albums, watch the planning videos until you can recite their spiels word-for-word, you-tube your fave attractions, and of course... tons of Intercot fixes!

Here's hoping that things will turn around and you'll be able to take a surprise, impromptu trip later on! :fingers:

MsMin
01-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh the joys of owning your own home:( Sending :pixie: and a :hug:
I look forward to when we can hear about your plans for your next big trip.

tinkerbell04
01-21-2008, 02:14 PM
So sorry to hear about your trip,:pixie:

mrsgaribaldi
01-22-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm so sorry. I know how sad I would be. :pixie::pixie::pixie:to make you feel better.

browneyedgirl12
01-23-2008, 04:04 PM
I have the best news ever!!!! We are still going!!!! We found out that the drainfield does not need to be replaced and that we just need to be a bit more conservative with our water. So we are going to get some high efficency appliences( washer, dishwasher) and we will be just fine. Thanks for all of your prayers and pixie dust. I am now more excited than ever. I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::mickey::party::D:):thumbsup::mickey:

bleukarma
01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I have the best news ever!!!! We are still going!!!! We found out that the drainfield does not need to be replaced and that we just need to be a bit more conservative with our water. So we are going to get some high efficency appliences( washer, dishwasher) and we will be just fine. Thanks for all of your prayers and pixie dust. I am now more excited than ever. I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::mickey::party::D:):thumbsup::mickey:

Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy everything worked out and you didn't have to cancel your trip!!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
I understand you feeling down. I had booked a trip in 2005 but became extremely ill and out of work for 6 months. You guessed it, no trip. But that just made the next one I made even more special. Got married while we were there!!

I sure hope your estimator over thought those numbers and you'll have extra money for a trip soon!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-30-2008, 08:29 AM
I have the best news ever!!!! We are still going!!!! We found out that the drainfield does not need to be replaced and that we just need to be a bit more conservative with our water. So we are going to get some high efficency appliences( washer, dishwasher) and we will be just fine. Thanks for all of your prayers and pixie dust. I am now more excited than ever. I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! :cloud9::mickey::party::D:mickey:

I'm so glad your trip is back on:thumbsup::mickey:

pdrlkr
01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry about your trip. :(