PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping

Hull-onian
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
We are taking the ME. That being said, is there any way to get in a few groceries for the week? Or should we just forget about it, and just use the food court market place? Thanks:confused:

merlinmagic4
01-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I think a lot of people get a delivery from Garden Grocer. I have heard it is reasonable but have never tried it myself.

Speedy1998
01-20-2008, 05:59 PM
gardengrocer specializes in Delivering to the Orlando area resorts. They are a little more expensive than I am used to, but cheaper than getting a rental car or a taxi. They will also deliver to your room.

You will also want to make your order well in advace so you can get a delivery time that is good for you.

CleveRocks
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
There is Garden Grocer, WeGoShop, and Gooding's. The first 2 aqre delivery services, and the last one is a supermarket that delivers. I used Gooding's twice and was completely satisfied both times.

sainter
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
What kinds of things do you want to get?

Hull-onian
01-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks, I went to gardengrocer and the choices are really good. :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
We used garden grocers and since we were arriving at 11pm, had a delivery around 4pm and the luggage room kept the groceries and even had the stuff in the frig...well worth the delivery charge. We were at PoP and it worked well...although on that trip, someone tipped the bus driver to stop at the gas station on property and ten people got out to buy beer...I wasn't a happy camper...that added 30 minutes to our ME ride and arriving at 11PM was late enough...
:pirate:

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 08:31 PM
If you are driving or will have a car if you happen to have a gps system you can look up what is close or pick what place of your choice you like we used a gps when we went last year we went to a publix outside of the Fort and it was late when we got there they had just closed so we looked up another grocery which turned up a different place and a phone number so we called and they where open so we lucked out and got what we needed

BouncingTigger
01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Some of the stuff we wanted to eat wasn't offered at Garden Grocer, so we brought a lot of our own groceries (bread for sandwiches, snacks, cereal, soymilk in aseptic packaging - only has to be refrigerated once it's open, etc.) We also wanted to bring vegetarian lunch meat and cheese slices for sandwiches. We got a very small cooler and packed it with those frozen gel pack things, then stuffed the lunch meat and cheese in there. We froze one package of the lunch meat to keep the stuff colder. We wrapped the cooler in two plastic bags in case it leaked and put it in our checked baggage. It worked well - it didn't leak at all and was still very cold when we got to Orlando (and we had left San Diego many many hours ago!). I don't know if this would work for you but I wanted to share that it worked for us!