PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Time Questions

Mickey Magic
01-20-2008, 05:29 PM
:mickey:We have res for Dec 28th - Jan 3 2008...I know it will be really crowded, but Ive always wanted to celebrate New Years Eve in MK(it also happens to be my b-day) I wanted to know, Does the park get filled to capacity? If you go in early and leave, then the park gets full, are you allowed to reenter or are you outa luck? Any other Christmas time hints would be great!!!! Thanks!!:mickey:

DisFan01
01-20-2008, 05:36 PM
This New Year, we went, and the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot parks were filled to capacity. Once you leave, I think you're out of luck, but I'm not positive.

If you're trying to avoid the crowds, try riding rides while the park is doing a show (Fireworks...ect), unless you want to see that.

Click Here (http://intercot.com/infocentral/crowds/dealingwithcrowds.asp) for INTERCOT'S Tips for handling heavy crowds. It also has a list of rides that are less popular/crowded.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 05:40 PM
wow you like to go when it's busy end of dec and june when it's hot we have gone in early dec for both mine and DW birthdays 12th and 13th but it's usually not to bad for crowds but weather can be iffy could be shorts and tee's or pants and sweats maybe even jackets we have had both happen sometimes on same trip only thing you can do is relax and enjoy and think of this you are on vacation and not having to work good luck and have a magical time:mickey:

scoot241
01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I was in MK on Dec. 30 and it was absolutely packed. It's not impossible to see what you want, however, especially if you stay late. MK is usually open until about 1:00 AM near New Year's. I found that the park really thins out after the first Spectromagic and fireworks. Late at night, you'll be able to get right onto many of the rides.

Jeff
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
If you leave there is no gaurantee you will be allowed back in.

We have been the last 5 years on Cristmas/New Years week.
Best hint: Get to the parks as they open.

Also, use fast pass wisely.
Take a mid Day break (except for Christmas Day and New Years Eve themselves - stay in the park)
Go back at night for the night show.
Have at least one ADR for a sit down during the day to take a break from the crowds and take your time while eating.

Pirate Granny
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
I agaree with Jeff...make sure you have a ADR for NYE...you'll need the time to sit, unwind and enjoy the food...And I believe if you leave, you won't get back in...they closed it around 11am the one year. We were at MK in 2004 it was crazy...but we found a table in front of space mountain around 10pm...I sat there with Dad while the rest did rides with the fast passes that we collected during the day...yep, get there early...have someone stand in line for a locker (put your heavier and night time stuff in there) and send someone with all the tickets to get your first fast pass...watch the times and make sure you collect as many fast passes as you can honestly get...watch the afternoon parades and miss the fireworks around 8pm (we were eating dinner during the first parade and fireworks in Cinderella's castle -- remember, no alcohol)...then the DH and DD's all went on the rides (you can use the fast passes anytime as long as they are AFTER the time specified). Dad and I spent the time watching people and sitting at our table (with five chairs)...the fireworks were awesome and well worth the time...the next time we were there during holidays, I realized that they do a dry run of the NYE fireworks on the 30th, so we had the best of both worlds...MK on the 30th and EPCOT on the 31st...if you think MK is crowded, we felt that EPCOT was WORSE...and would not do that park again. This year I went from the 26-29. We slept in each morning...didn't go to the parks until the afternoon (always got in) and stayed until the very late EMH...didn't ride too much, but boy did that cut down the crazy crowds...
Enjoy your trip...Disney at Xmas is one of the very best experiences...even with the crowds. We were pleasantly surprized by the low crowds at the bus stops and we always got a seat...SMILE...maybe it was those late nights.
:pirate: