PDA

View Full Version : Is Boma kid freindly?

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Im hearing mixed reviews.Whats the food really like.When people say exotic what do they mean.Do they have Zebra and Hippo steaks or something?

baby minnie's mommy
01-20-2008, 02:06 PM
It's the flavors and mixtures that are exotic. (Check the menu here on Intercot.) For example the salmon had a coconut sauce on it, and the rice mixture included some grape type fruit in it. Those two I didn't care for, as I prefer cheesy or salty food. :D Some of my favorite foods there were the spiced chicken, prime rib, hummus, crab soup (creamy and peppery:)), butternut squash soup, and the zebra domes. They have a variety of foods, and even though some of them I don't like, other dishes are fabulous. It's fun to take just a small spoonful of different things and try them. The "dessert buffet" listed on the Intercot menu is actually a large selection.

Your title indicated you are wondering about kids. Our DD(2) loves the food at Boma. Some things they have for kids are:
mac-n-cheese
plain pasta
marinara sauce
meatballs
chicken fingers
fresh fruit
cookies

They also have the "Pirate Punch" for kids, with the light up topper. (BTW, you can ask for milk or other drink instead of the "punch" in the same special cup.)

To me Boma is one of those restaurants you should try at least once to decide whether you like it.

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
We discovered Boma on our last trip in October. It is our favorite restaurant now. We are planning our next trip for Decomber 08 and it is on our must do list.

Natazu
01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, there's plenty of things kids would like and as far as buffets go, there are enough great adult items that it's a fine family dining experience. Just watch for spicy things, some of the African dishes have a little bite.

tiaramom
01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Boma is kid friendly!
If you arent staying on site-
You can still enjoy the animal viewing areas outside before or after you meal. This is a big plus for the kids! There is usaully a safai ranger there at the animal viewing area to answer questions or tell tales of the animals on display. It is beautiful and romantic on the grounds( for the adults). The food isnt too freaky.. its really very tasty- many diffrent dishes- wish a small twist to regular buffet. The buffet presentation is the best in Disney!
They offer many dishes to choose from. They do have a typical kids section as does all the buffets at Disney( its ok) . There is everything you c ould want from soups- vegeterian dishes,( well though out and tasty) , meats, (excellent steak), Fruits, Starches, and a great dessert section. It truely is one to not miss on your trip to Disney. WE love it- and cant wait to go again. My daughter is 3- and she went 2 years ago- and loved it then!

biodtl
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
I love Boma! As someone already said, it's the flavors and combos that make the food exotic. There are pairings of sweet and savory that may be new and different to some.

But everyone can find something they like there. The food is delicious and fresh.

Jared
01-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Boma is arguably my favorite restaurant in Walt Disney World, definitely my favorite buffet, and absolutely appropriate for young kids.

There is a specific section of food specifically for children with basic fare like chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese.

As for the adult options, some dishes are a little more exotic than what you're probably used to, but you won't be eating zebra or hippo. The spices and flavors might be a little different. Regardless, there are traditional selections for unadventurous eaters.

I particularly love the soup bar, so remember to try a couple.

:tasty: