PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Disney VISA Rewards Question...

alaMode
01-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Hola!
We'll be in WDW in April. I remember reading somewhere that you can have your Disney VISA Reward dollars put on your WDW account and use your Key to the World to pay for everything instead of your Disney Rewards card.
Is this possible? If so, how do I arrange it?
Thanks!
Tess
poly 07
poly 08

vamaggie
01-20-2008, 11:36 AM
When we went in Nov, we were told at the Poly they could not put the rewards card on the room to charge to. What we did was leave a credit card # at check in and then the night before we left we took the rewards card down, paid down the room charges and left the remainder on the credit card. We just left the rewards card in the room safe and used the room key to charge everything.

CleveSJM
01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I think I did what you are saying back in '06. I knew I had, say $123, Reward dollars at check-in. I told CM to charge me $123 right then to my room account. I used the Disney Visa Reward Card to pay. I had a credit balance for a little while, until the kids hit the gift shop, but I didn't have to carry the Reward Card around at all and completely drained it.

dmallan
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
We were not able to do this at All Star Music two weeks ago, even though some had said they'd done it in the past. Apparently procedures have changed.
So, I just used the Rewards card to pay for our meals instead of charging them back to the room. The only problem was when the receipt gave us our balance, it did not include the tip. So, we had to subtract that figure and remember the new amount.
We had over 940 rewards dollars that we used for meals. It was great!

Janmac
01-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I prefer to use my Rewards card while at WDW. It doesn't require a signature and the end of the receipt has my balance remaining.

It'd sure be great to have nine hundred and forty rewards dollars!

Jan

brianlw71
01-20-2008, 02:41 PM
You can go to City Hall in Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney and have the rewards dollars transfered to a Disney gift card that can be used anywhere in WDW. When you get there the cm will have you call disney visa and they will take care of it.

Hull-onian
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
That is great you have 940 reward dollars. You sure will use them, for sure. I have 142 disney reward dollars. I received a post card to up 5X for every $600.00 dollars spent. So I signed up for that. Now I will pay for my room on it and get more disney dollars. Wished I had done that in the past. So hopefully, my goal is to get to at least $200.00 Disney dollars by April. We'll see.:confused:

sorarail
01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I'd been wondering how to handle this. DH and I will have just over 700 reward dollars when we go in Nov. This took five years of planned stock-piling so that, in lieu of dining plan (which is not economical for us because we can't eat that much food!) we can use the reward dollars to eat, plus buy some "toys." I'll register my Disney Visa at YC when we check in and then pay up with my rewards card at check out. What fun!