PDA

View Full Version : Disney Trip Planning

bird
01-20-2008, 10:22 AM
It's me again, we have decided to go the second week in May. Now which resort is best Contemporary or Animal Kingdom Lodge? We have two DS 5 and 3 yrs old. My husband can't wait to try Boma out for dinner!

Thanks,
Yolanda

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 10:48 AM
That sounds tough one will give you the MK view (depending on room of course) the other view of animals (same agian)I know a guy with two about the same age and they have been going to AK and love it but I don't think you can't go wrong with either which ever you pick will be great i'm sure have a magical time :mickey:

SBETigg
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
There are pros and cons to both. With little ones, the Contemporary would be my choice because of the easier transportation options and proximity to MK. You can't beat being on the monorail line, and the Contemporary to the MK is walkable. Think of the hassle you will save in getting kids on and off buses to go to every park.

But... the AKL is a gorgeous resort and the animals are really neat, too. Plus, the price is a little nicer and you can get bunk beds for the boys, saving the hassles that come when kids share a bed.

So it really comes down to what you prefer. For the monorail hotels with little ones, the Polynesian would be my preference over the Contemporary and it has some of the warm atmosphere that you find at the AKL. Have you considered the Polynesian? Whichever you choose, do set aside some time to explore the AKL and eat at Boma (fabulous!).

vamaggie
01-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Why not split the stay? I have never done it but lots of folks here seem to do that. If it were me, with little ones, I would stay closer to the MK (Poly would be my choice but would take Cont) and then have dinner at Boma and explore AKL before and after while you are there. The AKL is also pretty far away from the rest of WDW and may make getting back for naps/rests difficult.

faline
01-20-2008, 02:05 PM
With young children, I'd probably opt to stay at the Contemporary. You'll probably spend a fair amount of time at the Magic Kingdom and you can't beat the convenience of the monorail.

Also, remember, that you can't buy your kids any balloons if you stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Polynesian Dweller
01-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Obviously, a bit biased, but don't rule out the Polynesian for little ones. More running around and play area than at the Contemporary and lots of tyransportation options.

bird
01-21-2008, 02:42 PM
A young lady at MJ have helped me out. Although she hasn't saved me any money yet. I'm praying they will come out with some type of Spring special. My husband and I are looking to stay at the Polynesian with our two son ages 5 and 3, our dates are May 11-15th which is Mother's Day. How do you think the crowds will be. I'm so excited! I'll be even more excited if I could save some money! Toal trip 3200 with the basic dining plan and park hoppers! What do you think?

Yolanda

JMTStone
01-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm biased. AKL is so very cool. The animals are terrific. Everyone has great input above.

SBETigg
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
My husband and I are looking to stay at the Polynesian with our two son ages 5 and 3, our dates are May 11-15th which is Mother's Day. How do you think the crowds will be. I'm so excited! I'll be even more excited if I could save some money! Toal trip 3200 with the basic dining plan and park hoppers! What do you think?

I think the Poly is worth it. You'll never want to leave. I'm not sure how crowds are that weekend, but if you pace yourself, use Fastpass in the parks, and plan on taking some breaks at the resort if things get too crowded, you should be all set. It's an amazing place to stay. The boys will love the beach and the pool (so will you). The Electric Water Pageant goes by the resort at around nine each night, a fun extra of staying at a deluxe in the MK area. 'Ohana is also a fun family meal. Enjoy!

Bri
01-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I understand what ppl are saying about the Contemp and the monorail but I think the AKL will be better. What can be better than seeing the animals that close everyday? I think that would be a really cool experience for your kids! And AKL is one of the cheapest deluxe resorts.