PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Scrapping for Valentines.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 08:41 AM
...a Valentines party.

Sheesh, we didn't even make it through January. So, get out the scissors and construction paper and all your other scrapping supplies and let's all make some whallapaloozer valentines for each other. Best verse wins a free post.

Oh yeah. Hope you packed your bathing suits (or as DDs used to say when they were little: "babing supes") 'cause we're headed to Castaway Cay for the Valentines expedition. By the way, isn't Cay pronounced like 'key'?

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Rhonda, did you know we don't have any heart/valentine smilies? Think we can borrow Piglet822's avatar for the duration?

pogo
01-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Good morning all...... Scrapbooking ??? Boy am I going to feel out of place here ! Untill we get to Castaway Cay (Key) ! I've always wondered why they pronounce it that way.:confused:

I've got a question for people that can't wait for the weekend to come...... why doesn't it last ?? :blush:

Yesterday we kind of took our time getting going and we ended up going shopping. Stopped to get some groceries at our wonderful Wegmans and then went to the mall.

Patti bought a $250 coat for $45 and then we ended up at the Disney Store. Patti found three tops in the closeout section and paid $24 for tops that would have easily cost $80 at WDW. She said she was getting preparred for our next trip. I said I'd still like to be there in April for our anniversary, :( but she said she really wanted to see WDW at Christmas time. :thumbsup: See why I love her?? :heart:

Today is Football day. Yes, Patti loves watching it. What is everyone else doing today ?? :blush:

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 09:55 AM
So, get out the scissors and construction paper and all your other scrapping supplies and let's all make some whallapaloozer valentines for each other. Best verse wins a free post.

Ohhh, a nice warm place!!!!! How did you know it's what I need to get away from the frigid cold?

Did you plan the the making of the Valentines for us crafty people? I have LOTS of supplies!!! We can even use my Silhoutte to cut...for those of you not crafty, its a machine that connects to the computer and cuts designs for you!!! I can see Pogo at the computer for that one!! Are you going to help him Alex?

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Did you plan the the making of the Valentines for us crafty people?
I'm just glad that's the kind of scrapping we do here in Intercot, and not the :mad: kind you see on other boards.
Pogo and Alex, we have some special blunt-end scissors for you to use.

I just found out that after church, I'm supposed to help haul stuff over to the site where the church is having a fundraiser auction. My lovely DW volunteered me (after she got stuck all week helping put the auction together).

What's for luch?

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Oh, does everybody remember that we don't run with scissors?

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 11:12 AM
What's for luch?

What's luch? For lunch I'm having leftover pad thai!!

Do you want me to give my "how to use scissors properly" speech when I train new staff members?

They do have paper punches that do hearts, would that be better for Alex and Pogo? Or should we let them use my rubber stamps and let them colour them inside the lines?

BriarRose0708
01-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Good morning all...... Scrapbooking ??? Boy am I going to feel out of place here ! Untill we get to Castaway Cay (Key) ! I've always wondered why they pronounce it that way.:confused:

I've got a question for people that can't wait for the weekend to come...... why doesn't it last ?? :blush:

Yesterday we kind of took our time getting going and we ended up going shopping. Stopped to get some groceries at our wonderful Wegmans and then went to the mall.

Patti bought a $250 coat for $45 and then we ended up at the Disney Store. Patti found three tops in the closeout section and paid $24 for tops that would have easily cost $80 at WDW. She said she was getting preparred for our next trip. I said I'd still like to be there in April for our anniversary, :( but she said she really wanted to see WDW at Christmas time. :thumbsup: See why I love her?? :heart:

Today is Football day. Yes, Patti loves watching it. What is everyone else doing today ?? :blush:
Patti got some great deals! Were you at Marketplace?

What's luch? For lunch I'm having leftover pad thai!!
The old thread closed before I could call dibs on your pad thai leftovers. I love Thai food but I haven't had it in a long time because it's not available in my town. I'd have to drive to Rochester.

Thanks for the hellos everyone! I love my new avatar. I was looking through and trying to find something I loved and when I saw Katie Scarlett that was it! Gone With the Wind is my favorite book and one of my all time favorite films.

I'm not doing much today, errands and cleaning were taken care of yesterday. Right now I'm watching a Top Model marathon on MTV. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm staying in today, trying to get rid of this yuck so I can go back to school tomorrow. How soon before we hit the beach at Castaway Cay?

pogo
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
I can see Pogo at the computer for that one!!
Are you peaking in my window ??? :eyes: :hide2:

Pogo and Alex, we have some special blunt-end scissors for you to use.

:shake:

They do have paper punches that do hearts, would that be better for Alex and Pogo? Or should we let them use my rubber stamps and let them colour them inside the lines?
:drama: Why me Lord...... what have I done to deserve this kind of abuse ???? :shrug:

Patti got some great deals! Were you at Marketplace?

No.... we went to Greece Ridge.... it's much closer for us. She is an incredible shopper. :D

I'm staying in today, trying to get rid of this yuck so I can go back to school tomorrow. How soon before we hit the beach at Castaway Cay? :sneeze:
Hope you feel better, Sis. We can't get there soon enough. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
:laughing: Had to laugh at this one. When my older two were really young, they had T-shirts. The older DD's (who was an :angel:) said "Plays well with others". The middle DD's (who was a little :thedolls:) said "Runs with scissors"!

I'm staying in today, trying to get rid of this yuck so I can go back to school tomorrow. How soon before we hit the beach at Castaway Cay?
I think we have arrived! Beach umbrellas are in place! Try not to get the sand all over the scrapbooking stuff!
I've tried scrapbooking - but until they expand the day to at least 30 hours, its just not gonna happen! So I'll leave the scrapbooking to you guys, and I'll just enjoy a frosty drink, OK?? If you are REAL nice, I might even share!

Off to the mall in a bit, to get DM a birthday gift. Her Bday was yesterday, but we are going to dinner with them tonight. Anybody else have a Claim Jumper restaurant around?

Christine
01-20-2008, 02:15 PM
:laughing: Had to laugh at this one. When my older two were really young, they had T-shirts. The older DD's (who was an :angel:) said "Plays well with others". The middle DD's (who was a little :thedolls:) said "Runs with scissors"!

That's hilarious!

Scrapbooking huh? You know, since I've gone digital with mine, I think that should leave me PLENTY of time to lay on the beach! Blythe, Carol, Ellen, Bethany, et al can embellish page after page as long as they like. Me? I want to listen to the waves roll in and drink only things that come served in these :papple:!

alpro2
01-20-2008, 02:35 PM
New thread...already? This means that I don't have to go thru and read the last two pages of the old thread, right?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Tink&Goofy
01-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Scrapbooking huh? You know, since I've gone digital with mine, I think that should leave me PLENTY of time to lay on the beach! Blythe, Carol, Ellen, Bethany, et al can embellish page after page as long as they like.
OK, so what exactly is digital scrapbooking? Do you create the pages on the computer?? I may have to give that a try!

Me? I want to listen to the waves roll in and drink only things that come served in these :papple:!
:ditto:

New thread...already? This means that I don't have to go thru and read the last two pages of the old thread, right?
Why would you want to know whats going on? ;) Take another pain pill, it'll be ok....

Off to the mall to look for the perfect gift. Those of you that are freezing today, stay warm! The cold weather invades us starting tonight! :freeze:

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Could I get digital scrapbooking lessions?

dlpmikki
01-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Ken, did you spot that Pogo spotted the valentines smilie? :heart: :D

Digital scrapbooking would sure take up a lot less space and may let the computer types pretend to be creative (yes, I am including me in that - my paper scrapbooks are a bit basic!) Doing it digitally appeals!

I went out for Christmas lunch today with my tennis club. Are they early or late? They always have their Christmas lunch in January :party: Oh, and I think I have something else to celebrate.....

alpro2
01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Why would you want to know whats going on? ;) Take another pain pill, it'll be ok....

Are you going down my road? Just a minute....let me take my pain the neck pill. :D

I went out for Christmas lunch today with my tennis club. Are they early or late? They always have their Christmas lunch in January :party: Oh, and I think I have something else to celebrate.....
It depends...are they celebrating Christmas 07 or Christmas 08?

Something else???? Another trip to WDW?

Christine
01-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Congrats on 9K Mikki! And Merry Christmas...I guess :scratch: :D

I am taking a break from laying out my scrapbook on Shutterfly.com. I can't wait to see it! I'm having mine bound into a 12x12 book with a leather cover!

Does anyone have any suntan lotion I can borrow before I burn?

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Mikki, Congratulations on 9K!

What do you do when your sides hurt from coughing too much?

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 04:11 PM

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Oh no you don't have to read the last 2 pages. It'll keep you in the dark what we said about you!!! :D

Digital scrapbooking would sure take up a lot less space and may let the computer types pretend to be creative (yes, I am including me in that - my paper scrapbooks are a bit basic!) Doing it digitally appeals!

For some reason I like doing things on the computer, but for some reason I can't get into the digital scrapbooking. I think it's because I love texture and colour. I love the feel and look of paper and the embellishments. I love being able to pound those grommets, especially when I need to take my frustration out.

We had our Christmas party for work last night. For us, the staff is less busy and it's easier to find a place to eat that isn't as busy.

Hey Pogo, I gave you a few days off when I needed my "down" time.

We went to see the house again today!! Our ceilings are painted, stair railings are up and our light fixtures are up. I found fabric for my curtains and it matches the couch and chair we want!! We even put a downpayment on the living room furniture!! It's getting closer!!!!

Ken, You need keep Pogo off the beach, he's throwing sand at me. Can you make him stop?:D

Mikki, Congratulations on 9K!!!!

BronxTigger
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM

Why do you have to go tomorrow? You don't get MLK day off? :confused:

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Why do you have to go tomorrow? You don't get MLK day off? :confused:

Our students get the day, but teachers have to head into work for a round of meetings. Our system has a history of not letting us out for Presidents Day, Memorial Day, and other days that are usual national holidays for most people.
Did I mention the other systems around us get out for snow and we do not if we ever get any snow?

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Our students get the day, but teachers have to head into work for a round of meetings.

Deb are you missing something?:secret: I didn't want Rhonda to see!!!:D

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Deb are you missing something?:secret: I didn't want Rhonda to see!!!:D

Shhh!, I went back to correct it, but I guess I wasn't quick enough,eh?

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Aw, Ken, I love the title of our new thread! And we're going to CC on top of it! All you need to do is throw in some chocolate and wine! Will you all kill me if I tell you that we'll be at CC on Feb 19th?

Deb, let me know when you want digital scrapbooking lessons! Actually I posted some links on one of the threads... there are courses you can take online. I do both regular old paper and digital scrapping, but my favorite is actually a hybrid of the two (I decide on a layout I like and will print out my journaling and pics on the printer).

Ken, you can't use construction paper in scrapbooks as it's not acid-free. Do you want us to get you some special spray to make it archival? (You see, there's a something for everything in scrapbooking. Could be why it's so :spend:)

Christine
01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Ellen, don't forget to take home a scoop of sand from CC on your trip!

There's a bank teller at our credit union that has little glass cork stopped bottles (shot glass size or so) full of sand from all the different beaches she has been to.

I think that's cool! Should I get some dirt from each trip to WDW to take home? If I have my way, by the end of this year they may have quite a crater!! :D

Dsnygirl
01-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow!! New thread, and we're already on the second page!! You guys sure are chatty today!!

Oh yeah. Hope you packed your bathing suits (or as DDs used to say when they were little: "babing supes") 'cause we're headed to Castaway Cay for the Valentines expedition. By the way, isn't Cay pronounced like 'key'?
Ken, thank you, thank you... it is 8 degrees here, and CC is just what the doctor (and lawyer, apparently) ordered!!

I've got a question for people that can't wait for the weekend to come...... why doesn't it last ??

I said I'd still like to be there in April for our anniversary, but she said she really wanted to see WDW at Christmas time. See why I love her??

Today is Football day. Yes, Patti loves watching it. What is everyone else doing today ??
When I'm having a normal weekend, I'd have to say I totally agree with that question... but this weekend, I'll be glad to get it over with!! Tomorrow's going to be a toughie for me, as the girls don't have school and Dan can't take any time off... looks like I'll be a pretty sleepy mommy, and hopefully not too grumpy. :(

Glad to see Patti's on board for a Christmas WDW visit...

... and I knew Patti was my kind of woman -- I enjoy watching football, too!! Too bad I slept through most of today's first game... but I did see a bit of it when I got up at 4. Won't tell you who I'm cheering for, though...

I just found out that after church, I'm supposed to help haul stuff over to the site where the church is having a fundraiser auction. My lovely DW volunteered me (after she got stuck all week helping put the auction together).
See?? You wondered what you'd get volunteered for this weekend... at least now you know, and it's over with!!

I think we have arrived! Beach umbrellas are in place! Try not to get the sand all over the scrapbooking stuff!

Phew -- glad to know we're here!! Wasn't too long a trip, seeing as I've only had my eyes open for 45 minutes... :blush:

Now, where's that :vacation:???

Scrapbooking huh? You know, since I've gone digital with mine, I think that should leave me PLENTY of time to lay on the beach! Blythe, Carol, Ellen, Bethany, et al can embellish page after page as long as they like.
Sorry... if it's a choice between scrapping and :papple:, the :papple:'s always going to win. Those pages will just have to wait...

Are you going down my road? Just a minute....let me take my pain the neck pill.
You must have a lifetime supplier... :D

Oh, and I think I have something else to celebrate.....

Congrats on 9K, Mikki!!

Take some of Alex's pain pills and go to sleep...

Aw, Ken, I love the title of our new thread! And we're going to CC on top of it! All you need to do is throw in some chocolate and wine! Will you all kill me if I tell you that we'll be at CC on Feb 19th?

Sigh... I'm so jealous... but I couldn't think of a nicer person to get to be there, or more deserving... but I still wanna go!! :fit: :D

pogo
01-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Ken, did you spot that Pogo spotted the valentines smilie? :heart:
pogo will always find the :heart: He's that kind of guy ! :D

Wow.... you take a pain in the neck pill ??? I thought it came naturally ! :D

Mikki, Congratulations on 9K!

:ditto:

Hey Pogo, I gave you a few days off when I needed my "down" time.

And it felt good...... But not as good as the last two :marg: did. :D

Natazu
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Patti bought a $250 coat for $45 and then we ended up at the Disney Store. Patti found three tops in the closeout section and paid $24 for tops that would have easily cost $80 at WDW. not to mention some really cute baby things

Oh, does everybody remember that we don't run with scissors?That's my Indian name, Runs With Scissors

I soooo thought the same exact thing

Could I get digital scrapbooking lessions?Come by the house. Rachel has a Masters Degree from something called Creating Keepsakes University. I don't think it's an accredited school but there's like $5000 worth of scrapbooking supplies to play with. She's all excited about getting some machine called a cricket or a grasshopper or something.

Do I still have to bring cookies since this is a new thread?

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Come by the house. Rachel has a Masters Degree from something called Creating Keepsakes University. I don't think it's an accredited school but there's like $5000 worth of scrapbooking supplies to play with. She's all excited about getting some machine called a cricket or a grasshopper or something.

Do I still have to bring cookies since this is a new thread?

I think I have that same degree, or at least that's what Gilles just said. Tell Rachel she needs to check out the Silhoutte instead of the cricket. With the Silhoutte she doesn't need to buy cartiages and the fonts she has on the computer will work with the machine. Have her google Quickutz or PM me and I'll send you the website. I'm going to have a room just for my scrapbooking along with another room for the quilting. I think I have enough cotton to make a quilt for any JQ'er that wants one!! Any takers?:D

Didn't you know you always have to bring cookies? Alex will always eat them all!!!

Tink&Goofy
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM

You take pills to be like that? Wow! :D

I take a couple swigs of Nyquil and :sleepin:

For some reason I like doing things on the computer, but for some reason I can't get into the digital scrapbooking. I think it's because I love texture and colour. I love the feel and look of paper and the embellishments. I love being able to pound those grommets, especially when I need to take my frustration out.

I'm that way too - gotta get my hands on it. But lack of time wins out - and digital may be the only way to go!

Ken, thank you, thank you... it is 8 degrees here, and CC is just what the doctor (and lawyer, apparently) ordered!!

Ok, you win. We are NEVER at 8 degrees. I guess I will get no sympathy from this group when we hit the teens overnight this week? :blush:

Wow.... you take a pain in the neck pill ??? I thought it came naturally !
:funny: Exactly my thoughts!

not to mention some really cute baby things

Has anyone else noticed how Jym has totally embraced this future fatherhood thing? :D

Back with the perfect gift for DM, as well as clothes for kids, gift for DFiL's bday, etc. etc. Yep - I think we are single handedly trying to keep the country out of recession! :spend::D:spend: So how come all I got were some fuzzy socks?

trackbarroness
01-20-2008, 07:33 PM
What's the best way to start scrap booking?
Oh Jym you must bring more cookies to this thread this the ones in the older thread are now all gone. :D Your turn Jym, passing the cookie platter on to Jym. :D
In 16 days 4 hours and so many minutes PirateGal and I will be staying for the first time at a DVC resort. So Jym are you really going to enter the 1/2 marathon with me next year? please, please pretty please. :D

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 07:51 PM
What's the best way to start scrap booking?

I started by going to a Creative Memories party. You can always check out a local scrapbook store to see if they have classes or if you know someone that scrapbooks they can show you. Also google scrapbooking and you'll find tons of ideas and even how and what to do. Just be prepared to spend lots of money because it does get addicting!!!

What's for dinner tonight?

disneydeb
01-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Take some of Alex's pain pills and go to sleep...

Ok since you area medical professional, it sounds good to me......:D

Actually I found some Icy Hot and put that on my sides and took some Ibruprofen.

Can I say I'm glad I'm not playing football on Lambeau Field right now?:freeze:

Stacey, have a good time in your DVC adventure

Jym, Iagree it is your turn to bring cookies....:D

Ellen, Maybe I will be ready for those scrapbooking lessons in March. Thanks for the offer:thumbsup:

Natazu
01-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I think I have that same degree, or at least that's what Gilles just said. Tell Rachel she needs to check out the Silhoutte instead of the cricket. With the Silhoutte she doesn't need to buy cartiages and the fonts she has on the computer will work with the machine. Oh, don't get me started on cartridges. I thought XBOX games were expensive.

What's the best way to start scrap booking?come by the house and I'll give you some stuff. You can have anything with more than an inch of dust on it.

In 16 days 4 hours and so many minutes PirateGal and I will be staying for the first time at a DVC resort. So Jym are you really going to enter the 1/2 marathon with me next year? please, please pretty please. :DThere's times I don't get another beer cause the fridge is too far to walk.

How about a chocolate chip cookie pie?

Beast_fanatic
01-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Hope you packed your bathing suits (or as DDs used to say when they were little: "babing supes") 'cause we're headed to Castaway Cay for the Valentines expedition. By the way, isn't Cay pronounced like 'key'?

Yay! The Cay! (key, that is ;)) We actually preferred the family beach to the adult beach. The adult beach was just TOO quiet! And, the ocean floor was much better at the family beach too!

Rhonda, did you know we don't have any heart/valentine smilies?

Yeah, there's just this one: :heart: - I always thought we needed a cupid smiley too.

Congrats on 9,000, Mikki! :fworks:

What's for dinner tonight?

We had pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. :tasty:

How about a chocolate chip cookie pie?

Sounds good to me! Is it homemade?

Natazu
01-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Sounds good to me! Is it homemade?Yup, want the recipe?

Caroleh
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Yup, want the recipe?

May I have it, please?

Dsnygirl
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
There's times I don't get another beer cause the fridge is too far to walk.

And just think, in a few years, you'll have your very own "beer fetcher"!!! :D Makes up for all those sleepless nights...

How's everyone doing?? I'm at work and it's very, very "Q".... I mean VERY, VERY "Q"!!! (Still have to whisper just a little, just in case the baby gods are listening...) I have a chance of going home at 11pm, which would be nice, as then I'd get some sleep and could spend the day w/ the girls instead of napping through a fair chunk of it... we'll see. By all rights, I should be able to go... our "matrix" on this floor says they don't need me, but L&D wants me - even though they only have 4 patients, 2 of which aren't keepers yet. (And they have 7other nurses) So - hopefully they'll send one or two of the gals home and I'll be able to go, as well.... keep your :fingers: for me!

Is everyone having a nice end to their weekend??

drummerboy
01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
So my few chores to help DW with the church auction ended at abbout 8:00. Then we went to a friend's down the street to have something to eat, and finally, here I am home. Phew.

Only if you can get them to promise to stay inside the lines.

Thanks for the hellos everyone! I love my new avatar. I was looking through and trying to find something I loved and when I saw Katie Scarlett that was it! Gone With the Wind is my favorite book and one of my all time favorite films.
Wait, that wasn't you in a custom avatar?

See, Deb, if you'd only stopped outside for a second...

Ken, did you spot that Pogo spotted the valentines smilie? :heart: :D

Yup. I was looking in the holiday smilies. Congratulations on9k!

Ken, You need keep Pogo off the beach, he's throwing sand at me. Can you make him stop?:D
(sigh) All right, if we can't behave, we'll all have to go inside for a time out. Is that what we want?

(Oh, the pain.)

Ken, you can't use construction paper in scrapbooks as it's not acid-free.
This is DDP special construction paper. I know it's genuine because we just picked it up from a construction site.

There's a bank teller at our credit union that has little glass cork stopped bottles (shot glass size or so) full of sand from all the different beaches she has been to.
My mother has a huge collection of those. Even has some black sand from some volcanic beach or the other.

See?? You wondered what you'd get volunteered for this weekend... at least now you know, and it's over with!!
See opening comment!

pogo will always find the :heart: He's that kind of guy !
Oh good heavens, he's been around Christine too much and started referring to himself in the third person.

Well, I think I've taken up enough space. Night all.

Beast_fanatic
01-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Yup, want the recipe?

Sure!

I have a chance of going home at 11pm, which would be nice, as then I'd get some sleep and could spend the day w/ the girls instead of napping through a fair chunk of it... we'll see. By all rights, I should be able to go... our "matrix" on this floor says they don't need me, but L&D wants me - even though they only have 4 patients, 2 of which aren't keepers yet. (And they have 7other nurses) So - hopefully they'll send one or two of the gals home and I'll be able to go, as well.... keep your :fingers: for me!

Well, it's after 11pm your time. Did you get to go home? I hope so! :fingers:

I think I'm off to bed now! Have a lovely Monday, everyone! The bosses are back tomorrow, so no INTERCOT for me until evening. :(

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Call the doctor to get a prescription for better drugs?

Sorry... if it's a choice between scrapping and :papple:, the :papple:'s always going to win. Those pages will just have to wait...
Why choose? Think of how creative those pages will be after a few drinks served in a :papple: ;)

Come by the house. Rachel has a Masters Degree from something called Creating Keepsakes University. I don't think it's an accredited school but there's like $5000 worth of scrapbooking supplies to play with. She's all excited about getting some machine called a cricket or a grasshopper or something.
I am so jealous! I really had wanted to go to the CKU they were having in Orlando but it conflicted with the INTERCOT 10th Anniversary weekend. BTW, I have a Cricut and love it! :thumbsup:

Is everyone having a nice end to their weekend??
The best because we're having a mini-JQ/scrapbooking meet! :D

Mikki, congrats on 9K! :cheers:

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Well, it's after 11pm your time. Did you get to go home? I hope so! :fingers:
Nope.... but I'm hoping maybe around 3 or 4 am if things stay okay... we had 4 patients walk through the door at 11pm!! :(

Why choose? Think of how creative those pages will be after a few drinks served in a :papple: ;)

Been there, done that... although they were appletini's, not pinapple drinks!! Unfort., I didn't get all that creative -- just chatty!! :blush: So, not a lot of pages got done... ;)

Well, once again, I'm the lone JQ'er around here... sigh... where's my west coast contingent???

Tink&Goofy
01-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Well, once again, I'm the lone JQ'er around here... sigh... where's my west coast contingent???
:hi: Hi Blythe - just checking in before I head off to bed. Are you going to get to go home soon?
I hear you guys got lots of snow? We have a chance later in the week - but now its just cold and very windy.
Nice dinner with DM and DSD. Do you have a Claim Jumper around? Its a pretty cool restaurant, with a huge menu.
Tomorrow is a holiday for me :woohoo:!
So no early morning for me! Someone keep the coffe warm, cause I won't be joining you real early! :coffee:

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 02:43 AM
:hi: Hi Blythe - just checking in before I head off to bed. Are you going to get to go home soon?
I hear you guys got lots of snow? We have a chance later in the week - but now its just cold and very windy.
Nice dinner with DM and DSD. Do you have a Claim Jumper around? Its a pretty cool restaurant, with a huge menu.
Tomorrow is a holiday for me :woohoo:!
So no early morning for me! Someone keep the coffe warm, cause I won't be joining you real early! :coffee:
Hi!! Sorry I missed you... still don't know if I'm leaving, but we did send two patients home, so maybe!!
Here in Marcellus, we've gotten nothing -- but just north of Syracuse, where we used to live, they've gotten between 6" and 3'!! They've just gotten hammered the last day or two!!
I've never heard of Claim Jumper... what kind of restaurant is it??
Glad to hear you've got tomorrow off... I'm hoping to be asleep for awhile in the AM, too!! Guess it'll depend on the next hour or so around here... :fingers:

pogo
01-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday ! Time to get up and celebrate another day of your wonderful life ! :yay: And to start this week off right..... here's the first :fresh: to Diane ! :D

It's cold here on the north coast (10 degrees).:freeze:
So who said they wanted snow ??? :confused:
My Mom and Dad said they have gotten over two feet of snow this weekend and my buddy, Gary said they have gotten at least three feet just yesterday. (He lives in Mexico, NY)

We've had a wonderful weekend doing absolutely nothing special. :thumbsup: As I said in a prior post, Saturday was laid back with a little shopping and Sunday was very relaxed.

We went to church and came home for breakfast and changed into some sweat's and watched football. I fixed us a nice little strip steak dinner with crusty baked potatoes and mixed veggies. :eat:

Will see you all later. Enjoy today ! :D

pogo
01-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Can I add one more thing ?? I want to wish my brother, Mike, a very Happy Birthday today. He'll never see this, but I wanted to say it any how ! :D

He is at Mom and Dad's digging out of the snow and will be returning to Rochester later today.

I also hope my l.ittle Sis is feeling better today ! :D

disneydeb
01-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Can I add one more thing ?? I want to wish my brother, Mike, a very Happy Birthday today. He'll never see this, but I wanted to say it any how ! :D

He is at Mom and Dad's digging out of the snow and will be returning to Rochester later today.

I also hope my l.ittle Sis is feeling better today ! :D

Ahhh! You are such a sweet big brother!
I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead.:D So , I am going into work. I'll go back into the doctor after work today. If ya'll don't hear from me by 7:00 PM I'm in the hospital for intensive respitory therapy and IV meds. But don't worry , it is just to prevent me from having another round of pneumonia.
It is 10⌐ here in southern middle Tennessee too.

Why does my degree mark look a lttle odd?

Have a great day and spread some love around your little part of the world.:heart:

Mickey'sGirl
01-21-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, does everybody remember that we don't run with scissors?You've been listening to Green Day again, haven't you?

We went to see the house again today!! It's getting closer!!!! How many more days Carol?

Good morning and Happy Monday ! Time to get up and celebrate another day of your wonderful life ! Happy Monday Cousin! :hug:

I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead.:D :pixie: so that you can feel better Deb ... Go to your doctor.

ElenitaB
01-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Tap, tap, tap... is this mike on? :sing:
Someone's in the kitchen with Dina,
Someone's in the kitchen I know-oh-oh-oh,
Someone's in the kitchen with Dinaaaaaa,
Working on her scrapbook, oh, ho, ho, ho!
(Those aren't the lyrics? :confused:)

So Bethany is off today and working on her scrapbook (on my kitchen table, the only semi-clear surface in the house :blush:) ... 3 pages done, 2 in progress, several more will get done today as I'm sitting here having to work! But it is a MARVELOUS Monday (but a cold one at that). Morning, everyone! :D

I fixed us a nice little strip steak dinner with crusty baked potatoes and mixed veggies./QUOTE]
Were those taters crusty on purpose or did they spend a wee too much time in the oven? :fresh: (Been there, done that... "Ben, don't you like these crunchy potatoes?")

[QUOTE=disneydeb;1523751]It is 10⌐ here in southern middle Tennessee too.

Cause it's frozen into an ice cube???

Hope you don't have to get stuck today, Deb! But I do hope you're feeling much better REAL soon (like now :pixie:).

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Good morning and Happy Monday ! Time to get up and celebrate another day of your wonderful life ! And to start this week off right..... here's the first :fresh: to Diane !

It's cold here on the north coast (10 degrees).

We've had a wonderful weekend doing absolutely nothing special. As I said in a prior post, Saturday was laid back with a little shopping and Sunday was very relaxed.

Good morning and Happy Monday to you too Pogo! And to everyone else! Thanks for the raspberry Pogo! How sweet of you to think of me! :D You think you are freezing - it's only 8 degrees here. We're expecting snow overnight and into tomorrow... another messy commute.

Our weekend was pretty much the same. It was just too cold to do anything. We did manage to go to Walmart on Saturday and I got a $20 trampoline. I've used it quiet a bit already and I'm still alive! :trampo: But you know - that's why I have Aflac... a couple of injuries and I'll have some of the money needed for a Disney trip!

I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead. So , I am going into work. I'll go back into the doctor after work today. If ya'll don't hear from me by 7:00 PM I'm in the hospital for intensive respitory therapy and IV meds. But don't worry , it is just to prevent me from having another round of pneumonia.

Stay warm Deb.. and I sure hope you get better quick! Hope you do not require a trip to the hospital.

(Those aren't the lyrics? :confused:)

When did Ken install a karaoke machine in his RV?

pogo
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM

Cause it's shaped like your head ??? :blush:

Happy Monday Cousin! :hug:

:hi: Cousin.... do you celebrate MK day in Canada also ?? :confused:

(Those aren't the lyrics?

I fixed us a nice little strip steak dinner with crusty baked potatoes and mixed veggies.
Were those taters crusty on purpose or did they spend a wee too much time in the oven? (Been there, done that... "Ben, don't you like these crunchy potatoes?")

Did somebody step on the cat's tail ???

The baked potatoes were like that on purpose. I rub them with Canola oil and roll them in crushed peppercorns and Kosher salt and bake them for about an hour @ 400 deree's. The skins come out crusty and the insides are yummy ! :D

Our weekend was pretty much the same. It was just too cold to do anything. We did manage to go to Walmart on Saturday and I got a $20 trampoline. I've used it quiet a bit already and I'm still alive! :trampo: But you know - that's why I have Aflac... a couple of injuries and I'll have some of the money needed for a Disney trip!

If that's what it takes to get you there. :thumbsup:

drummerboy
01-21-2008, 10:35 AM
When did Ken install a karaoke machine in his RV?
All right, who snuck that thing in here? Come on, somebody fess up. There'll be no :bar: privileges until somebody steps forward.

DW and I slept in a little this morning and then went out for breakfast. I think we need to make a grocery run today--there's not much breakfast stuff left in the house at the moment.

Christine
01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead.:D So If ya'll don't hear from me by 7:00 PM I'm in the hospital for intensive respitory therapy and IV meds. But don't worry , it is just to prevent me from having another round of pneumonia.

Deb, I don't like this at all! TONS of :pixie: to you! You get well!!

So last night I started and finished my scrapbook on Shutterfly! Talk about easy!! This is the way to go for me!

When I get it in the mail, should I take some pics and show you all?

alpro2
01-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Saturday, January 18 became this year's date that officially made me sick of winter. How long until Spring?

BriarRose0708
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Wait, that wasn't you in a custom avatar?

You think I look like Vivien Leigh? Aren't you sweet! I wish.

Happy MLK day everyone. I hope you can take the time to reflect on what this day means. Too often does it turn into just a day off, and not the observation of a life that meant so much to millions of people. (this is just my opinion) Our society has a long way to go, but I hope we all can continue to work toward seeing his dream realized one day.

Christine
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Saturday, January 18 became this year's date that officially made me sick of winter.

AWwwww, how sweet! The day that I had to go to the Brownies camp-in with no heat and it was 20 degrees here and snowy is why you officially got sick of winter? You are so sweet! Well don't you worry, we're back in the 50s today so I'm fine now!

What a guy! ;)

Christine
01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Happy MLK day everyone. I hope you can take the time to reflect on what this day means. Too often does it turn into just a day off, and not the observation of a life that meant so much to millions of people. (this is just my opinion) Our society has a long way to go, but I hope we all can continue to work toward seeing his dream realized one day.

Olivia said this morning...

"Today is MLK day and it's sad he died because brown people should be able to eat in restaurants too."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bless her heart...a swing and a miss!

But you can kind of understand what she's TRYING to say, can't you?

BronxTigger
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Deb, I don't like this at all! TONS of :pixie: to you! You get well!!

So last night I started and finished my scrapbook on Shutterfly! Talk about easy!! This is the way to go for me!

:pixie: to Deb from Brooklyn! (I'd send you some from the Bronx but I'm still at Ellen's, so Brooklyn :pixie: is what you get today!)

Yes, Christine, I expect to see some photographs of the final result! Would you like to see photos of mine when (if?) I finish?

Christine
01-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes, Christine, I expect to see some photographs of the final result! Would you like to see photos of mine when (if?) I finish?

Yes please!
How is Ellen?

BronxTigger
01-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes please!
How is Ellen?

She's good! She's "working" today. What are you doing today?

pogo
01-21-2008, 11:45 AM
All right, who snuck that thing in here? Come on, somebody fess up. There'll be no :bar: privileges until somebody steps forward.
OK.... I'll come forward.... it was Alex !

Yes, please.... I would love to see it. :blush:

Saturday, January 18 became this year's date that officially made me sick of winter. How long until Spring?
Why are you tired of winter ??? All you do is sit around watching TV !:D

I second this. Well said. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
It's cold here on the north coast (10 degrees).:freeze:
So who said they wanted snow ???
:here: That would be me! Do YOU have snow??
You got me beat on the temp - its a balmy 22 here!

I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead.:D So , I am going into work. I'll go back into the doctor after work today. If ya'll don't hear from me by 7:00 PM I'm in the hospital for intensive respitory therapy and IV meds. But don't worry , it is just to prevent me from having another round of pneumonia.

Really strong :pixie: heading your way - don't worry, I sprayed it with Lysol first! :D Take care of yourself!!

Yes, please! I would love to see it!
Is it really as easy as it sounds?

So a relaxing (but cold) morning. I think we may go looking for a new dinette set. I never thought finding one would be so hard, but we have been looking forever!
Everyone keep warm! :freeze::winter:

Christine
01-21-2008, 12:24 PM
What are you doing today?

I am just finishing up on ordering my photobook, then I'm gonna clean the house.

It seems that I can "share" my photobook online, so if you wanna see it, you can PM me your email address and I will send you the link.

As far as how it works, you upload your pics to Shutterfly, click on Photobook, add pictures to the pages (you pick the background, layout, and can add journaling) then it's done!

Doesn't get easier than that, does it?

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
DW and I slept in a little this morning and then went out for breakfast. I think we need to make a grocery run today--there's not much breakfast stuff left in the house at the moment.

What? You have no frozen pizza's in your house? :D

Don't we have to wait until the Groundhog comes out to find that out?

Olivia said this morning...

"Today is MLK day and it's sad he died because brown people should be able to eat in restaurants too."

Bless her heart...a swing and a miss!

But you can kind of understand what she's TRYING to say, can't you?

I understand perfectly what she's trying to say! What a smart and sweet young lady.

So a relaxing (but cold) morning. I think we may go looking for a new dinette set. I never thought finding one would be so hard, but we have been looking forever!

You've only been looking forever? Well, that's why you haven't found one yet... it always takes forever and a day to find what you are looking for! :D

Christine
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Where'd everyone go?

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Where'd everyone go?

I don't know.. they all left when I showed up. Doesn't anyone like me anymore?

pogo
01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Where'd everyone go?
Do you suppose they are all hiding ??

:fresh:

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 03:14 PM

Wow! That's two in one day! I feel so special! :D

Got milk?

Tink&Goofy
01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
As far as how it works, you upload your pics to Shutterfly, click on Photobook, add pictures to the pages (you pick the background, layout, and can add journaling) then it's done!

Doesn't get easier than that, does it?
I have GOT to try this. Maybe I only need 28 hours in the day....

Do you suppose they are all hiding ??
From you?

Well - a much later start to the day than I thought :blush: its already lunch time! (Quiet Pogo!) Somehow I just can't get motivated to go out in the cold, drive for half hour, just to go looking at tables. I would much rather be at home where it is nice and warm - or going to look at something more fun than tables!! Maybe I'll head to the yarn store - like I really need more of that around!!
Hey Pogo - I love your signature line! :heart: I agree completely!

Does anyone have any hot chocolate? Maybe some whipped creme, or mini marshmallows? I think I'm coffee'd out for the day.

pogo
01-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Wow! That's two in one day! I feel so special!
As well you should ! How special do you feel ?? :blush:

Well - a much later start to the day than I thought :blush: its already lunch time! (Quiet Pogo!)
What..... what...... I didn't say anything. ;)

Hey Pogo - I love your signature line! :heart: I agree completely!
Thank you very much ! :D

Christine
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
How can you say that? You know we do! :hug:

I have GOT to try this. Maybe I only need 28 hours in the day....

Does anyone have any hot chocolate? Maybe some whipped creme, or mini marshmallows? I think I'm coffee'd out for the day.

YOu really should give it a try...

And coffee'd out already? How many cups does that take? I haven't found my limit yet!

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 03:30 PM

We have hot chocolate in our break room. All you care to drink! And I can run out into the warehouse and accidently damage a case of mini marshmallows so they will have to set them out for the office to use also. Would that work for you?

As well you should ! How special do you feel ?? :blush:

I feel so special that I don't even mind today being Monday! :D How's that for special?

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
How can you say that? You know we do! :hug:

And coffee'd out already? How many cups does that take? I haven't found my limit yet!

I know you all love me! I just needed a question so I wouldn't get that dreaded :nono:.

It only takes one cup for me to get coffee'd/cappachinoed out... the caffeine really does a number on my heart rate!

Drat.. need another question... what can I ask to stay out of trouble?

pogo
01-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I feel so special that I don't even mind today being Monday! :D How's that for special?
Okay........ who are you and what have you done to the real Diane ???? :D

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I am not feeling much better, but on in-service days we have to go in or call in dead. So , I am going into work. I'll go back into the doctor after work today. If ya'll don't hear from me by 7:00 PM I'm in the hospital for intensive respitory therapy and IV meds. But don't worry , it is just to prevent me from having another round of pneumonia.
Deb, I sure hope you feel better and that you don't have to go into the hospital to do it -- sending loads of :pixie: your way!!!

We did manage to go to Walmart on Saturday and I got a $20 trampoline. I've used it quiet a bit already and I'm still alive! But you know - that's why I have Aflac... a couple of injuries and I'll have some of the money needed for a Disney trip!

:laughing:

Absolutely -- I'd love to see it!!

59 and counting... of course, that's just the calendar's definition of spring... I won't believe it until the tulips come up, and even then it's chancey around here... ;)

So, I didn't get to come home early last night... patients just kept getting off those elevators!! I was ready to put bars across them, but I thought that might not be welcoming. :blush: But my girls have been :angel:'s and have let me sleep... about an hour and a half at a time with my door open... 4 1/2 hrs of sleep isn't much, but it's better than it could've been!!! So now I'm trying to get as much caffeine in me as possible so I'll want to actually get some stuff done around here... although they're asking me to cuddle in with them and watch "Return to Neverland", and that just might win out. :blush:

How's everyone else's MLK day going?? I wish I was scrapping with you guys, Ellen & Bethany... I probably won't get too much done the next few weeks. I am having a "party" for a friend on Sunday, but if there are "newbies", I usually end up spending most of my time teaching, and not much doing pages. (I don't do real CM parties... just a bunch of us get together to scrap and some folks bring friends who are interested... it usually ends up with my earning a little $$, which is nice, but I really just do it for the fun!!)

Anybody have a little upbeat music for the karaoke machine?? I need a little pick-me-up here... :rocker: :drummer:

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Okay........ who are you and what have you done to the real Diane ???? :D

:fresh: hmmm.. maybe I did jump a little too high on the trampoline :trampo: I'll go home tonight and check my ceiling out..

Anybody have a little upbeat music for the karaoke machine?? I need a little pick-me-up here... :rocker: :drummer:

What kind of upbeat music are you wanting? Maybe something from one of the the Stitch movies? That Hawaian Roller Coaster Ride song is pretty upbeat.

Christine
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Anybody have a little upbeat music for the karaoke machine?? I need a little pick-me-up here...

How about this?

:sing:
it's a small world after all
it's a small, small world!

:thedolls:

pogo
01-21-2008, 03:52 PM
So, I didn't get to come home early last night... patients just kept getting off those elevators!! I was ready to put bars across them, but I thought that might not be welcoming. :blush: But my girls have been :angel:'s and have let me sleep... about an hour and a half at a time with my door open... 4 1/2 hrs of sleep isn't much, but it's better than it could've been!!! So now I'm trying to get as much caffeine in me as possible so I'll want to actually get some stuff done around here... although they're asking me to cuddle in with them and watch "Return to Neverland", and that just might win out. :blush:

Do you have to work again tonight ?? I hope not. :D

Did you see how much snow they got in Mexico, New York ? Over three feet last night ! And Route 81 was closed for over nine hours yeaterday from Cicero to Parrish.

And last but not least.... :hi: Julia.... :hi: Emma.. you are two very good girls to let your Mommy sleep. Does she snore :sleepin: real loud ???? :D

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
What kind of upbeat music are you wanting? Maybe something from one of the the Stitch movies? That Hawaian Roller Coaster Ride song is pretty upbeat.
:yay: ... or maybe a little Aero... :D

How about this?

I thought we were friends?????

disneydrmr
01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
How about this?

She said UPBEAT! Not BEATUP!!!

How can we make it stop?

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Do you have to work again tonight ?? I hope not.

Did you see how much snow they got in Mexico, New York ? Over three feet last night ! And Route 81 was closed for over nine hours yeaterday from Cicero to Parrish.

And last but not least.... :hi: Julia.... :hi: Emma.. you are two very good girls to let your Mommy sleep. Does she snore :sleepin: real loud ???? :D
From Julia - " Hi Pogo!! Thank you for the compliment!! I can't wait to see you sometime!!" And from Emma - "I think you're very funny!! Love, Emma"

(and see how good they are to ignore the whole snoring comment??? Well trained, those two... and truth be told, I don't snore... unless I'm sick, according to CaptJack... :blush:)

Nope - no working for me tonight, thank goodness!! Just a quiet dinner, maybe a little TV and off to bed on the early side. (That being said, I have a VERY hard time pulling it off... I'm just not an "early to bed" person!!)

I've got a couple of friends who commute in from Mexico and Parish... they got BURIED!! I can't believe I'm sitting her with green grass... but I'm thankful, too... I love the snow, but just not in the mood for it much after Christmas!! Plus, I know we'll get hit, just like last February!! :snowball:

pogo
01-21-2008, 04:05 PM
From Julia - " Hi Pogo!! Thank you for the compliment!! I can't wait to see you sometime!!" And from Emma - "I think you're very funny!! Love, Emma"

(and see how good they are to ignore the whole snoring comment??? Well trained, those two... and truth be told, I don't snore... unless I'm sick, according to CaptJack... :blush:)

Nope - no working for me tonight, thank goodness!! Just a quiet dinner, maybe a little TV and off to bed on the early side. (That being said, I have a VERY hard time pulling it off... I'm just not an "early to bed" person!!)

I'm glad you don't have to work tonight. :thumbsup: Relax and enjoy the family time.

Did your girls really ignore the snoring comment or did you just put duct tape over their mouths ??? :confused: :D

drummerboy
01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Had some hot chocolate with marshmallows in it last night. Thanks for reminding me to put it on the shopping list.

So, you know where it is, eh? That's it. No more recreation time until somebody coughs up the karaoke machine. Look what Christine's done already!

I just got in from cleaning up out in the back yard. It's been a mess for a while and this cold weather is a good time to exert a little energy and warm up.

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
How many more days Carol?

42 days until closing day!!!! I was talking to someone that works at a bank and living in our building in the elevator tonight, she told me that our house value has increased over $60,000 and we haven't even lived in it yet!!! So, does anyone want to help me make my drapes? I bought the fabric today.

Please?

Saturday, January 18 became this year's date that officially made me sick of winter.

You've been off work too long, Alex...Saturday was Jan. 19th. :D

alpro2
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
OK.... I'll come forward.... it was Alex !

Nice....real nice.

Where'd everyone go?

Why don't you two try using deordorant? :D

You've been off work too long, Alex...Saturday was Jan. 19th. :D
18th or 19th.....what's the difference? :D

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 08:16 PM

24 hours!! If you were working it would make a BIG difference, wouldn't it?

Dsnygirl
01-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you don't have to work tonight. :thumbsup: Relax and enjoy the family time.

Did your girls really ignore the snoring comment or did you just put duct tape over their mouths ??? :D
I'm trying... the tiredness is kicking in, though, so I think I won't be around for long...

How'd you know -- are you spying on us?? :spy:

42 days until closing day!!!! I was talking to someone that works at a bank and living in our building in the elevator tonight, she told me that our house value has increased over $60,000 and we haven't even lived in it yet!!!
Cool!! :cool: The time will fly by, you'll see...

Ummm, last I checked 24 hours.... just take a few more of those pills, darlin', you'll be okay... :D

pogo
01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Nice....real nice.

Thanks....... no problem......what are friends for ?? :D

But he's not... he's working the system. :D

Ummm, last I checked 24 hours.... just take a few more of those pills, darlin', you'll be okay...
are you and Caroleh pm'ing each other ?? You are starting to sound alike. :shake: That's plain scary ! :scared:

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
are you and Caroleh pm'ing each other ?? You are starting to sound alike. :shake: That's plain scary ! :scared:

What's so scary? Great minds think alike!! Now if it was you and me...THAT would be scary!!!!:hide2:

Tink&Goofy
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
:faint:

59 and counting... of course, that's just the calendar's definition of spring... I won't believe it until the tulips come up, and even then it's chancey around here... ;)

Do you realize that means you are only about 1/3 thru winter? :D

Deb - sure hope you are feeling better! Here's a double dose of :pixie::pixie: to get you better!

We finally did go look at dinette tables today - just not so far away. We actually found one that, although not perfect, its the closest we have seen so far - and we have been looking a LONG time. Now we just have to decide.
So for you decorators out there.....the table is a darker wood than anything we have. Not dark like cherry, but darker than oak. We have oak cabinets and oak floors. But our other woodwork is white, and the blinds are white. Somehow I'm just not seeing this dark table in our nook area. Do you think this will all blend - or does it sound like too much contrast?

pogo
01-21-2008, 10:37 PM
What's so scary? Great minds think alike!! Now if it was you and me...THAT would be scary!!!!
For once..... I have to agree ! How did you do that ???? I mean ....make me agree ???? :(

We finally did go look at dinette tables today - just not so far away. We actually found one that, although not perfect, its the closest we have seen so far - and we have been looking a LONG time. Now we just have to decide.
So for you decorators out there.....the table is a darker wood than anything we have. Not dark like cherry, but darker than oak. We have oak cabinets and oak floors. But our other woodwork is white, and the blinds are white. Somehow I'm just not seeing this dark table in our nook area. Do you think this will all blend - or does it sound like too much contrast?
OK..... remember you asked for advice.... OK ?

I am not a fan of dark anything when decorating. I like a light and airey appearance in any room, except bedroom.

But as you've describe your dining nook, I have to see this area as informal dining. My mind see's the table finished in white to offer a compliment to the woodwork and blinds.

The chairs would match, but would also have cushions of color to compliment the color schemes you have chosen for the room.

If so... I'd keep looking. :D

disneydeb
01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm not in the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes and the pixie dust. I had trouble with my internet thingy and now was just able to log on. I went back to the Doctor and he just gave me another shot of sinus remedy cocktail and a perscription for more antibiotics. After checking my oxygen levels (@ 95) he didn't give me any more resp. therapy.

Can anyone help me with a question? I just seem to have a bunch of answers tonight.:blush:

Tink&Goofy
01-21-2008, 11:00 PM
I am not a fan of dark anything when decorating. I like a light and airey appearance in any room, except bedroom.

But as you've describe your dining nook, I have to see this area as informal dining. My mind see's the table finished in white to offer a compliment to the woodwork and blinds.

The chairs would match, but would also have cushions of color to compliment the color schemes you have chosen for the room.

Wow! Pogo the interior decorator!
I agree with light. Sometimes I think ours has too much light, and not enough color. Our nook is an octagon shaped area off the kitchen and family room. It is surrounded by almost full length windows and a sliding glass door. So EVERYTHING in there looks white when the blinds are closed!
I don't know. We desparately need to replace the one we have, and have looked EVERYWHERE! Who would have thought finding an informal dinette would be so tough?

I'm not in the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes and the pixie dust. I had trouble with my internet thingy and now was just able to log on. I went back to the Doctor and he just gave me another shot of sinus remedy cocktail and a perscription for more antibiotics. After checking my oxygen levels (@ 95) he didn't give me any more resp. therapy.

Can anyone help me with a question? I just seem to have a bunch of answers tonight.:blush:

Glad you are at least breathing OK! Are you going to stay home from school tomorrow?

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 11:02 PM
For once..... I have to agree ! How did you do that ???? I mean ....make me agree ???? :(

Okay now this is scary..I agree with you on the help to T & G. It has to be something in the air. I think there's a full moon out there, that has to be it!!!:D That or we're both really sick and don't know it!!

Glad to hear your not in the hospital!!! Here's a little :pixie: to help you get better. can't help you with any questions, I think I lost mine!!

Has everyone gone to bed already?

pogo
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM

I'm glad you are not in the hospital... your DH needs somebody to fetch his beer. :D

You can have any of my questions.... which one do you want ??? :D

I agree with light. Sometimes I think ours has too much light, and not enough color. Our nook is an octagon shaped area off the kitchen and family room. It is surrounded by almost full length windows and a sliding glass door. So EVERYTHING in there looks white when the blinds are closed!
I don't know. We desparately need to replace the one we have, and have looked EVERYWHERE! Who would have thought finding an informal dinette would be so tough?
Do I surprise you ??? :blush:
You can always take some photo's of the area and email them to me and I'll be able to get a better idea as to what would work out for that area. ;)

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 11:10 PM

In that case it might be alright. Does it have a similar undertone? A little darker then the oak may be okay because you don't want to blend into the floor and get lost in the light. It really depends on if you want to draw attention to it.

Caroleh
01-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Do I surprise you ??? :blush:
You can always take some photo's of the area and email them to me and I'll be able to get a better idea as to what would work out for that area. ;)

Pogo's secret life--an Interior Designer!!! Sometimes I feel like that is what I do when we get peple coming into the store and start telling us colours in their house and asking if a fabric will work. I usually hand them a sample and tell them to take it home and see if it works. Buddy, do you want to help with the house?

pogo
01-21-2008, 11:23 PM
Pogo's secret life--an Interior Designer!!! Sometimes I feel like that is what I do when we get peple coming into the store and start telling us colours in their house and asking if a fabric will work. I usually hand them a sample and tell them to take it home and see if it works. Buddy, do you want to help with the house?
Sure ! Do you think you can afford me ??? :D

I'm not cheap......er ...... I am but ..... I'm expensive in :marg: or :beer: !

Natazu
01-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Can I add one more thing ?? I want to wish my brother, Mike, a very Happy Birthday today. Happy Birthday Mike!

You think I look like Vivien Leigh? Aren't you sweet! I wish.We think you're even prettier

Where'd everyone go?I've been at the airport all day

May I have it, please?

Sure!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
INGR:
fresh or refrigerated pie crust
3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) softened margarine
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

PREP:
Heat oven to 325deg. Plate pie crust on 9" pie plate

Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed til light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well, then on low speed - beat in the flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in prepared crust.

Bake 65 - 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.

Do I have to post a question when I post cookies?

trackbarroness
01-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Good morning JQers'
Now that sounds yummy Jym. I'd bake one but both PirateGal aka Mom and I are both on diets. So baking a cookie pie would defeat the purpose.
Today's my friday so what shall I do when I get off work today? Outside of window shop that is. :D If only I hadn't needed to get up so early for work. :alarm: So what's a good cell phone? Mine seems to on occasion(sp) to get a white screen and I can't seem to do anything with it whilst it has nothing on the screen. Do you suppose it's the battery that's wrong with it? Or something else?

BronxTigger
01-22-2008, 06:44 AM

Do you live in my mother's house? You are (kind of) describing her kitchen/family room! Here's what she did and it looks good and has some color.

She put valances above the windows, because like yours, hers are white. It adds some color without being overwhelming.

She found an area rug shaped like an octagon (i think at JCPenney online or in a catalog....this was years ago).

The table itself is a "farmhouse style" (I think it's called). It has a natural, light wood, table top and chair seats, with table and chair legs and backs are white. The table has a leaf built into it that makes the table longer if necessary, but they almost always have it in the smaller size.

disneydeb
01-22-2008, 07:00 AM
That's it. No more recreation time until somebody coughs up the karaoke machine.

Sorry Ken, I've coughed up a bunch of stuff but so far no karaoke machine. :D

Was that too much information?

Everybody go out there and make one HECK of a Tuesday, unless of course it is Wednesday, then never mind.....

pogo
01-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Good morning all... up and at 'em !

Everybody go out there and make one HECK of a Tuesday, unless of course it is Wednesday, then never mind.....

Oh my.... you're still not well ?? :(

I hope you're not going to work today. :shake:

disneydrmr
01-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Morning all! What a wonderful Tuesday it is! The snow is falling, cars are sliding all over the place! Yep.. a wonderful morning out there! :D

So, who gave me this cough and stuffy nose?

Mickey'sGirl
01-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I'm not in the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes and the pixie dust.That's good news! Here's some more for good measure! :pixie:

Do I have to post a question when I post cookies?You are exempt in my books...but they don't count for much...I'm sure Rhonda would :nono: you! I think I know what I'm making tonight..... :tasty:

She found an area rug shaped like an octagon (i think at JCPenney online or in a catalog....this was years ago). This is what I was going to suggest! Talk about your great minds!!!

Morning all! What a wonderful Tuesday it is! The snow is falling, cars are sliding all over the place! Yep.. a wonderful morning out there! :D

So, who gave me this cough and stuffy nose?It's snowy here too today Di! It is a really really lovely morning ... not too cold (about 30F) and snow falling.... The cars are not crashing down here yet ... but I'm sure I'll see a thing or two when I go back home! Here's some :pixie: and some tea with honey and lemon to ward off the evil cold bugs.

Anybody have some coffee to go with Jym's biscuits? :mickey:

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Personally, I like contrast - I think when things blend together too much, it just ends up looking formal instead of comfortable. So, I'd say that if the table isn't all that dark, and it doesn't sound like it is, I would just add some accents to the area that bring out the dark wood color, either in the curtains, pictures or in a rug that blends the two wood colors. Or, you could add seat cushions that bring in the white and oak colors to the table area. :D Aren't you glad now that you asked???

I'm not in the hospital. Thanks for all the well wishes and the pixie dust.
Glad to hear you were able to stay home... I hope you're able to take a day off today!!

Do I have to go out?? I think it's much too cold out there... I'm actually considering crawling back under the covers for a little post get-the-girls-off-to-school nap -- I'm still tired (and a bit cranky) from yesterday's lack of sleep.

And yes, that was TMI... :ack: :D

I hope everyone's day is starting out well... it's sunny but COLD here... only 57 days 'til spring... (that was for you, Alex...)

pogo
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Morning all! What a wonderful Tuesday it is! The snow is falling, cars are sliding all over the place! Yep.. a wonderful morning out there!
I'm so proud of you.... you're making great strides in being a positive person ! :D

It's snowy here too today Di! It is a really really lovely morning ... not too cold (about 30F) and snow falling.... The cars are not crashing down here yet ... but I'm sure I'll see a thing or two when I go back home!
:hi: Cousin..... weather is good here... about 25F and sunny. How long do you think this will last ??? :D

I'm heading out.... see you all tonight. :D

alpro2
01-22-2008, 09:00 AM

Ummm, last I checked 24 hours.... just take a few more of those pills, darlin', you'll be okay... :D
Jealous? No work, happy pills...:cloud9:

Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
it's sunny but COLD here... only 58 days 'til spring... (that was for you, Alex...)

The countdown is on.

offwego
01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
a quick zoop. Anyone have a cure for the flu?

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 10:48 AM

I think we've answered that question. Note to Deb--please use lysol on your posts for the time being. And by the way...eeeewww.

Lots of promise, cold, gray skies, etc. but no snow this weekend. It looked like it just wanted to but couldn't.

Are we all warm and snuggy today?

Christine
01-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Deb, you're killing me!

Not you two too! (there has to be a clearer way to say that :scratch:)

Is it just me, or is little al getting a little "Lohan-ishy"?

I
I'm warm and snuggy EVERY day! :D :angel:

disneydrmr
01-22-2008, 12:29 PM
It's snowy here too today Di! It is a really really lovely morning ... not too cold (about 30F) and snow falling.... The cars are not crashing down here yet ... but I'm sure I'll see a thing or two when I go back home! Here's some :pixie: and some tea with honey and lemon to ward off the evil cold bugs.

Anybody have some coffee to go with Jym's biscuits? :mickey:

Thanks for the tea/honey and lemon! It hit the spot! Especially since I wasn't able to have my normal cup of tea this morning since I was trying to leave the house early due to road conditions.

We have coffee in the break room. Do you want caff or decaf? Or maybe some hot chocolate?

Do I have to go out?? I think it's much too cold out there... I'm actually considering crawling back under the covers for a little post get-the-girls-off-to-school nap -- I'm still tired (and a bit cranky) from yesterday's lack of sleep.

No, you do not have to go out. Get back under those covers and take a long nap! Do you have an electric blanket? That makes it even better!

I'm so proud of you.... you're making great strides in being a positive person !

Yeah... go to bed and stay there for the next 5 days! Hope you get better quick! TheraFlu is what I like to take.

Lots of promise, cold, gray skies, etc. but no snow this weekend. It looked like it just wanted to but couldn't.

You can have our snow! I sure don't want it!

And nope.. I'm not warm and snuggy at all. Isn't it wrong to be wearing thermals under your pants, a turtleneck AND a sweater and STILL be cold? And this is INSIDE your office! Think they might get a clue if I bring a throw blanket into the office with me?

Not you two too! (there has to be a clearer way to say that :scratch:)

Maybe "Not you two also"?

Hmmmm... isn't it better for him to be a bit "Lohan-ishy" than a bit "Brit-ishy"?

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 12:45 PM

How'd you guess??? :envy:

Other than sleep and fluids, nothing different - but I'll send some :pixie: your way - maybe that'll help!

Get back under those covers and take a long nap! Do you have an electric blanket? That makes it even better!

Think they might get a clue if I bring a throw blanket into the office with me?

I did!! I crawled right back in bed after I posted and slept from 9-11:45!! That is SO rare for me, but I just knew I needed it. I'm back to work tonight for the first of 3 in a row, so I'd better start out rested, or it gets ugly. :blush: No electric blanket, but I was warm and toasty and out like a light very quickly!!

Now, of course, I've got to catch up on everything I would've done had I not gone back to bed... I have a friend coming by at 4pm, and the house needs a wee bit of work. (Okay, more than a wee... speaking of which... sort of... do you guys that have Wii's think they'll go on sale this spring/summer?? How was that for a transition?? Somehow, the need to clean brings me right around to the need to shop to make myself feel better... :blush:)

Nascfan
01-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Quick zoop to check out the new thread. Did someone say there's 58 days until spring? I'm ready for it after the cold of this weekend!

:pixie: for our ailing folks.

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Do you live in my mother's house? You are (kind of) describing her kitchen/family room! Here's what she did and it looks good and has some color.

She found an area rug shaped like an octagon (i think at JCPenney online or in a catalog....this was years ago).

I've been looking for a rug - but haven't yet found the right one. I think having the table first might help! :D

Personally, I like contrast - I think when things blend together too much, it just ends up looking formal instead of comfortable. So, I'd say that if the table isn't all that dark, and it doesn't sound like it is, I would just add some accents to the area that bring out the dark wood color, either in the curtains, pictures or in a rug that blends the two wood colors. Or, you could add seat cushions that bring in the white and oak colors to the table area. Aren't you glad now that you asked???

Actually, thanks to some links from Pogo, I got inspired and went online and found the exact same table we were looking at, but in a light oak!!! The only down side is having to order and have it shipped, but I would at least know what we were getting!
I recently painted the kitchen a medium terra cotta color. Actually, its mostly cabinets and very little wall space, so its really more of an accent color. I think I may paint the nook the same - since there is also very little wall (mostly windows), and it would be more of an accent color. :blush: What do ya think?

:hi: Cousin..... weather is good here... about 25F and sunny. How long do you think this will last ???
Exactly the same here! (But with winds blowing about 25mph!). Actually I am home today - wasn't feeling that great this morning. So the kitties are fighting for their turn on my lap. :D

:yes: I could do that no work thing too - oh yeah, there is that thing about the paycheck...

:funny:

I did!! I crawled right back in bed after I posted and slept from 9-11:45!! That is SO rare for me, but I just knew I needed it. I'm back to work tonight for the first of 3 in a row, so I'd better start out rested, or it gets ugly. No electric blanket, but I was warm and toasty and out like a light very quickly!!

I did too - for about an hour. Feeling slightly better.
I can't believe you have to do 3 nights in a row so soon!! Do you at least get overtime?

Quiet day at home - actually very nice! :blush:
My tummy is not wanting coffee - but the rest of me sure is! Will somebody have an extra hot mocha for me, please?
Everyone stay warm!

BriarRose0708
01-22-2008, 02:05 PM
How's everyone feeling today? I hope you all get better fast! :pixie:

I went bowling last night with some friends, and my scores were 110 and 96! That's pretty good, right? Seeing as how I hadn't bowled in about three years!

Gotta dash :bolt: but I'll check back later!

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 03:09 PM
I recently painted the kitchen a medium terra cotta color. Actually, its mostly cabinets and very little wall space, so its really more of an accent color. I think I may paint the nook the same - since there is also very little wall (mostly windows), and it would be more of an accent color. :blush: What do ya think?

I can't believe you have to do 3 nights in a row so soon!! Do you at least get overtime?

I think it sounds great - do the nook and the kitchen "run into" each other at all?? The kitchen/morning room in our old house was just like that, not a lot of wall space, mostly cabinets and/or windows. Sounds really nice with the light oak... and you could bring the accent color out in cushions, etc... you'll have to post pics when it's done!! :thumbsup:

Yup - the whole reason I did 3 nights in a row and am about to do three more is the overtime... between January and June, I'm trying to pick up at least 3 extra shifts/month. But they're "only" 11p-7a instead of 7p-7a,, so believe it or not, that's a lot easier. It will give me more time off over the summer with the girls and put us where we want to be financially by summertime, too.... not to mention that Disney trip we've got in December!! :D

I hope you're feeling better -- which kitty won out for the lap time?? :cat:

So, how's everyone's Tuesday going? I'm back from housecleaning... got all the rooms picked up, dishes done & put away, floors vacuumed, swept & swiffered, laundry started... now to go bake some cookies!! (Yup - I really mentioned cookies -- I'll be sure to save you all some!! :tasty:) You know, we really need a "cookies" smilie for this thread....

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
So here we are today in the mid 60s. :confused: But it'll be back in the twenties overnight in a few days. Good for the health, eh?

Tonights when everything comes to a head on the mess in the band. I may be looking for something else to do on Tuesday nights. I guess the part that bothers DW and me the most is that they're being just plain mean, and we've seen it done before in other organizations. Oh well, this too shall pass.

I may need some cookies tonight.

BriarRose0708
01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Has anyone else heard that the actor Heath Leger died? I just found out on Headline News. There aren't any details about his death yet, but he was only 28. He was never one of my favorite actors, but first Brad Renfro and now Heath. It's very sad.

pogo
01-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Right back at ya ! :fresh:

Hmmmm... isn't it better for him to be a bit "Lohan-ishy" than a bit "Brit-ishy"?
She's sorry Mikki... Diane didn't mean to imply anything about the British being :crazy:. :D

Actually, thanks to some links from Pogo, I got inspired and went online and found the exact same table we were looking at, but in a light oak!!! The only down side is having to order and have it shipped, but I would at least know what we were getting!

:thumbsup: I'm a good boy, huh ?? :D

I went bowling last night with some friends, and my scores were 110 and 96! That's pretty good, right? Seeing as how I hadn't bowled in about three years!
Not bad at all.... :goodbad:

Christine
01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
I couldn't even JOKE about someone being "Brit-ishy" :ack: She is just TRASH!

do you guys that have Wii's think they'll go on sale this spring/summer??
I would be VERY surprised! They are selling so well that they have no reason to discount them.

Will somebody have an extra hot mocha for me, please?
Everyone stay warm!Just for you, I had a grande non-fat no-whip mocha! You're welcome! :thumbsup:

Oh sweetie...

Tonights when everything comes to a head on the mess in the band. I may be looking for something else to do on Tuesday nights. I guess the part that bothers DW and me the most is that they're being just plain mean, and we've seen it done before in other organizations. Oh well, this too shall pass. Good luck, Ken. I don't think I've EVER been in an organized group where there wasn't garbage to go along with it! :( Even in church! :confused:

Has anyone else heard that the actor Heath Leger died?
A friend just told me that. I guess I should find out who that is, shouldn't I?

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Tonights when everything comes to a head on the mess in the band. I may be looking for something else to do on Tuesday nights. I guess the part that bothers DW and me the most is that they're being just plain mean, and we've seen it done before in other organizations. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Hope everything goes OK tonight. If not, I think DH mens bowling team on Tuesday is looking for another person - interested?

:thumbsup: I'm a good boy, huh ?? :D
Yep! Thanks Pogo! :thumbsup: (see, I can be nice....:blush:)

Just for you, I had a grande non-fat no-whip mocha! You're welcome! :thumbsup:

Thanks! Course, you probably had it LONG before you read the post, huh? ;)

Deb - How are you doing today? Please tell us that you did NOT go to work today?

Blythe - any news on the house/land search?

So I finally had to have some coffee. Unfortunately, I waited too long, and my head really let me know it! Why does LACK of coffee make you feel like you had TOO much other stuff to drink?

Christine
01-22-2008, 07:40 PM
So, why has this thread slowed down so much? In two days we've scarcely filled up two pages?? :confused:

Christine
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks! Course, you probably had it LONG before you read the post, huh? ;)

Well, yeah :blush:. :whisper: I can kind of be a smarty pants sometimes
Don't tell anyone, okay? :secret:

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM

I may need some cookies tonight.
Ken, I'm sure hoping things turn around for your band... pity how the foolish in a group can ruin it for everyone else. Regardless, I'll have some cookies set aside for you.... :)

Blythe - any news on the house/land search?

Well, seeing as land is next to impossible to come by right now, we are actually strongly considering buying the house we are currently in!! Their asking price is very reasonable, and coming in w/o a realtor can drop it even more. Plus, we're stable here and wouldn't have to move... the mortgage would be great... and although the house is small, it's cozy and we love it and the land it's on. We've had fun doing stuff to it as renters - I can only imagine what we could do as owners. :D Plus, then I won't feel the need (or have the need) for new curtains, rugs, furniture... all the stuff you think you need (and sometimes do need) to go into a new build. We'll probably still build in the future - but we'll be that much better off, and the market will be better. So - that's the long version - hopefully we'll have it all worked out in the next few weeks!! Thanks for asking!!

I can kind of be a smarty pants sometimes
Like we didn't already know.... ;)

So, why has this thread slowed down so much? In two days we've scarcely filled up two pages?? :confused:
Must be b/c everyone's so cold... their fingers just aren't working right!!

So - I'm back at work.... not too bad, except I have a patient that could end up being very difficult to care for - so cross your fingers for me, okay???

Christine
01-22-2008, 08:31 PM
we are actually strongly considering buying the house we are currently in!!

That would be GREAT!!!

So - I'm back at work.... not too bad, except I have a patient that could end up being very difficult to care for - so cross your fingers for me, okay???

Difficult to care for b/c of her condition, or difficult b/c SHE'S being difficult?? Either way, good luck!

I"m watching (say it with me) Family Guy on TBS...love their mini marathons on Monday and Tuesday nights.

I think I'm going to make some coffee. I'm FREEZING! Anyone want some? You can use my new Disney mug!!

disneydeb
01-22-2008, 08:32 PM
I went to work. It was the 100th day of school! Our Kindergarten teachers dressed as if they were 100 years old.. What a Hoot! One had a four pronged walking cane complete with a horn and rear view mirror!

Too much fun to stay home! Would you want to stay home with all that fun going on?

I have to teach one more year after this one, then I will consider retirement.

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Well, yeah :blush:. :whisper: I can kind of be a smarty pants sometimes
:secret: Don't worry, I won't tell! :laughing:

Well, seeing as land is next to impossible to come by right now, we are actually strongly considering buying the house we are currently in!! Their asking price is very reasonable, and coming in w/o a realtor can drop it even more. Plus, we're stable here and wouldn't have to move... the mortgage would be great... and although the house is small, it's cozy and we love it and the land it's on. We've had fun doing stuff to it as renters - I can only imagine what we could do as owners. Plus, then I won't feel the need (or have the need) for new curtains, rugs, furniture... all the stuff you think you need (and sometimes do need) to go into a new build. We'll probably still build in the future - but we'll be that much better off, and the market will be better. So - that's the long version - hopefully we'll have it all worked out in the next few weeks!! Thanks for asking!!

That sounds great! Between no realtor fees, and not having moving costs, you could save quite a bit. Any plans to replace a certain heater?? :D

Here's some :pixie: for an easy night!

I think I'm going to make some coffee. I'm FREEZING! Anyone want some? You can use my new Disney mug!!
Coffee and my stomach are not on good terms right now...but maybe a hot chocolate? Ok, mix in a little coffee and make it a mocha...:D

Christine
01-22-2008, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=Tink&Goofy;1525644Coffee and my stomach are not on good terms right now...but maybe a hot chocolate? Ok, mix in a little coffee and make it a mocha...:D[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. What's up with that, anyway??

BronxTigger
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Well, seeing as land is next to impossible to come by right now, we are actually strongly considering buying the house we are currently in!! Their asking price is very reasonable, and coming in w/o a realtor can drop it even more. Plus, we're stable here and wouldn't have to move... the mortgage would be great... and although the house is small, it's cozy and we love it and the land it's on. We've had fun doing stuff to it as renters - I can only imagine what we could do as owners. :D Plus, then I won't feel the need (or have the need) for new curtains, rugs, furniture... all the stuff you think you need (and sometimes do need) to go into a new build. We'll probably still build in the future - but we'll be that much better off, and the market will be better. So - that's the long version - hopefully we'll have it all worked out in the next few weeks!! Thanks for asking!!

Soooooo, if you stay in that house, does that mean you'll be able to go to WDW in mid-December?? :D

Ooohh! I love Disney mugs! I could use some coffee, but then I might be up all night! And I was really sleepy at work today....I could have taken a nap, but the kids were a piece of work! It was a full moon AND there were light snow flurries!

I went to work. It was the 100th day of school! Our Kindergarten teachers dressed as if they were 100 years old.. What a Hoot! One had a four pronged walking cane complete with a horn and rear view mirror!

Too much fun to stay home! Would you want to stay home with all that fun going on?

I have to teach one more year after this one, then I will consider retirement.

Between the 100th day festivities and the Polar Express, your school sounds like you do a lot of fun things! Our hundredth day is not for a couple of weeks. I need to think of some activities for it!

You're getting close to those "seven day weekends" as Mikki likes to refer to them!

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Hope everything goes OK tonight. If not, I think DH mens bowling team on Tuesday is looking for another person - interested?
Tell him I wear a size 14 shoe and I'll be there next week. The instigators won. The current conductor who's been there through thick and thin for ten years is heartbroken, as we are.

1. Ken, I'm sure hoping things turn around for your band... pity how the foolish in a group can ruin it for everyone else. Regardless, I'll have some cookies set aside for you.... :)

2. Must be b/c everyone's so cold... their fingers just aren't working right!!

1. I need the whole plate full. :mad:

2. Hope they can get them crossed. :D

Sounds like you've got a plan about the house.

I can't believe this yoyo weather we're having.

Does :marg: go with chocolate chip cookies?

pjbs35a
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
So my few chores to help DW with the church auction ended at abbout 8:00.

Why would you auction off the church ??? And how much did you get for it ???

So, I go to Tampa, Jacksonville and Dallas for a few days and you guys start a new thread ??? How rude !!!

Christine
01-22-2008, 09:40 PM

EVERYTHING goes with :marg:!!!

Sorry about your bad night. :( Do you want to go shopping with me tomorrow??
Will that cheer you up?

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 09:43 PM
Tell him I wear a size 14 shoe and I'll be there next week. The instigators won. The current conductor who's been there through thick and thin for ten years is heartbroken, as we are.

Sorry to hear that, Ken. So does that mean the group is no more? Sounds like you are not planning to continue??
Its so sad when a few can ruin a good thing. Here's some :pixie:...but maybe you'd rather have a :marg:? I'd offer cookies, but all I have is store bought....

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Good luck, Ken. I don't think I've EVER been in an organized group where there wasn't garbage to go along with it! :( Even in church! :confused:I?
That's theaggrevating part. You can see it coming but you can't do anything to stop it because they try to make it seem so innocent, even though you know they're trying to railroad their way into taking over.

1. Why would you auction off the church ??? And how much did you get for it ???

2. So, I go to Tampa, Jacksonville and Dallas for a few days and you guys start a new thread ??? How rude !!!
1. We do thank you for the $5 million bid, and where would you like it delivered?

2. You sure you weren't in Green Bay in a yellow bikini?

pogo
01-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Yep! Thanks Pogo! (see, I can be nice....)
I know you can ! :hug: Why do you think I play with you ??? :blush:

So, why has this thread slowed down so much? In two days we've scarcely filled up two pages??
Was it because I wasn't here all day and the girls didn't have anyone to :archer:at !

I hope you took pictures !

Well, seeing as land is next to impossible to come by right now, we are actually strongly considering buying the house we are currently in!!

We'll probably still build in the future - but we'll be that much better off, and the market will be better.
I hope you do whatever makes you happy. :D

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, Ken. So does that mean the group is no more? Sounds like you are not planning to continue??
Ah, you know how it is; you rant and rave and kick the furniture, and then you go back anyway. :blush: DW and I are too curious now to see how it's all going to pan out. There are two people who could be potential conductors who would cause us to leave, but that remains to be seen. Acutally, DW has an excuse, since she's going off in the RV for several weeks. We just want to tell people "be careful what you wish for, you might get it."

Did the question jar get filled with scrapping supplies? I can't seem to find it.

disneydeb
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Soooooo, if you stay in that house, does that mean you'll be able to go to WDW in mid-December?? :D

Ooohh! I love Disney mugs! I could use some coffee, but then I might be up all night! And I was really sleepy at work today....I could have taken a nap, but the kids were a piece of work! It was a full moon AND there were light snow flurries!

Between the 100th day festivities and the Polar Express, your school sounds like you do a lot of fun things! Our hundredth day is not for a couple of weeks. I need to think of some activities for it!

You're getting close to those "seven day weekends" as Mikki likes to refer to them!

Bethany, what type of activities are you looking for and at what grade level? If I find anything , I can try to pass it along .....OK?

Elllen, Are you working and how are you?
Is your cruise in February? Do I have too many questions for you?

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM

Sounds like a very fun day -- I love hearing about great things schools do like that... what fun!! Glad you felt well enough to participate!! :)

That sounds great! Between no realtor fees, and not having moving costs, you could save quite a bit. Any plans to replace a certain heater??

Here's some :pixie: for an easy night!

:blush: Maybe.... they're replacing parts of it this week... we'll see what happens after that.

Thanks for the p.d.!!!

(Speaking of pixie dust... has anyone seen "Return to Neverland"?? We just rented it for the girls... what a very cute movie. Whenever the theme music would play and T'bell would sprinkle her magic... :crying: ... sigh... I wanna go to WDW.... )

Ken, I'm so sorry - I wish there was a way to help.

And last I checked, :marg: went with everything!!

pogo
01-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah ! :yes:

So, I go to Tampa, Jacksonville and Dallas for a few days and you guys start a new thread ??? How rude !!!
How the heck did you find us ?? Ken... next time can we use camoflauge ???? :D

EVERYTHING goes with :marg:!!!

:yes:

. You sure you weren't in Green Bay in a yellow bikini?

pjbs35a
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
1. We do thank you for the $5 million bid, and where would you like it delivered?

1. Monopoly money goes a long way. Deliver it next to steamship I bought yesterday on ebay. Do you think they will take a check ???

2. Well, I was wearing a yellow bikini, there were lots of football players around and I was being interviewed by Terry Bradshaw, but I thought that was the result of all the jalapenos I had just before bedtime. Where did all these snowballs come from ??? And why do a couple of body parts look frostbitten ???

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
I hope you do whatever makes you happy. :D
And you know what's funny?? This house really does make us happy, size and age and all. Julia actually walked into the kitchen this morning and said, "Mommy, I love this house... it's so cozy and homey..." The girls don't know what's going on, but that pretty much clinched it for me. Of course, they'd love their own rooms again, but they'll get them -- just a little bit further down the road!! I think it's healthy for them to have to share their "cozyness"!

Did the question jar get filled with scrapping supplies? I can't seem to find it.
Or is it that jar over there filled with :marg: mix???

Definitely a better bet... we'll see where we're at as summer hits, but I'm not giving up on my :mickey: trip for much!! :blush:

pjbs35a
01-22-2008, 10:01 PM
How the heck did you find us ?? Ken... next time can we use camoflauge ???? :D

GPS is a wonderful thing. Also the tracker chips I have implanted in you guys are a dead giveaway. Who wants gum ???

BriarRose0708
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
And you know what's funny?? This house really does make us happy, size and age and all. Julia actually walked into the kitchen this morning and said, "Mommy, I love this house... it's so cozy and homey..." The girls don't know what's going on, but that pretty much clinched it for me. Of course, they'd love their own rooms again, but they'll get them -- just a little bit further down the road!! I think it's healthy for them to have to share their "cozyness"!

I shared a room with my sister for about 10 years, and although we drove each other crazy sometimes we're best friends now. And, they will get along much better in a residence hall getting along with a roommate, trust me!

Who wants some cookies? I've got my last box of Girl Scout Lemonades out.

Caroleh
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM

We knew that with you being a :spy:, you could find us or you were always with us and we didn't see you. :D

Was it because I wasn't here all day and the girls didn't have anyone to :archer:at !

I've been being good to you lately...or should I say I've been quieter then normal and your getting a break. It'll even be better for you when we move..I'll be to busy to post!!

Oh, sorry, Ken I thought those were questions I put into the jar, not the scraps of paper!!! Will you forgive me?

pogo
01-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Is there any reason I wouldn't want to adopt Julia as a Granddaughter ???? She is so sweet !:blush:

GPS is a wonderful thing. Also the tracker chips I have implanted in you guys are a dead giveaway. Who wants gum ???

Chips..... no.... I have pretzels ! :D

pogo
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I shared a room with my sister for about 10 years, and although we drove each other crazy sometimes we're best friends now. And, they will get along much better in a residence hall getting along with a roommate, trust me!
Awe.... how sweet ! :blush:

I've been being good to you lately...or should I say I've been quieter then normal and your getting a break. It'll even be better for you when we move..I'll be to busy to post!!
AAahhh.... there is a God ! :D

BronxTigger
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Who wanted to see my scrapbook pages?

The book is not done yet. I have 7 fully completed pages, 2 actively in progress, and 9 more that are semi-in-progress (is that a term?).

Here (http://travel.webshots.com/album/562228638OTBamf)are the 5 pages that are done and scanned.

Thanks Ellen!!

pogo
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM

The book is not done yet. I have 7 fully completed pages, 2 actively in progress, and 9 more that are semi-in-progress (is that a term?).

Here (http://travel.webshots.com/album/562228638OTBamf)are the 5 pages that are done and scanned.

Thanks Ellen!!
Thats really cute ! :thumbsup: An Ellen helped you ??? :blush: Isn't she great ?? :D

Caroleh
01-22-2008, 10:15 PM

Thanks Ellen!!

Bethany, they look great!!! do you want to get some of mine done for me? Or better yet...who's coming to my house for a scrapbooking retreat after we move?

drummerboy
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
GPS is a wonderful thing. Also the tracker chips I have implanted in you guys are a dead giveaway.

Chips..... no.... I have pretzels ! :D
Anybody know why I keep having "Charles Chips" lables fallling off me? Frankie, M says you need to come back for retraining. You're supposed to plant the chips on the person, not in their lunch box.

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Bethany, those are great!! How did you do them? Are they scanned into the computer and printed out as an entire page, or are they pieced onto srapbook paper? Either way, they look terrific! :thumbsup:

No gum for me... I know what you spies use it for, so no question it's been places I wouldn't want to chew...

I'd love some -- they're one of my new favorites!! thanks!

Is there any reason I wouldn't want to adopt Julia as a Granddaughter ???? She is so sweet !:blush:

Thanks... it's moments like those that assure survival of the species... :blush:

Christine
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Did someone mention Girl Scout Cookies??? Because you know Olivia is now a brownie and is SELLING them!!!

Beast_fanatic
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Think they might get a clue if I bring a throw blanket into the office with me?

I have a throw blanket in my office. I don't know if that was what did it or not, but it has been a little warmer in there recently and I haven't needed to use it lately. :thumbsup:

Of course, I'm sitting here in my office at home with a throw blanket on me too. :shrug:

The current conductor who's been there through thick and thin for ten years is heartbroken, as we are.

Sorry about the troubles in the band. "Politics" is what made me leave hot air ballooning. :shake:

Hope these help: :marg: :marg:

Awe.... how sweet ! :blush:

AAahhh.... there is a God ! :D

Pogo, I know you were just trying to draw me out of the woodwork by forgetting your question! :nono:

Anything exciting going on tomorrow?

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 10:40 PM
I've never heard of them - are they new?

Did someone mention Girl Scout Cookies??? Because you know Olivia is now a brownie and is SELLING them!!!
I have yet to see any Girl Scouts selling cookies! Usually they are at the grocery store on the weekend.....well that explains it - since it was a three day weekend, I didn't do shopping until Monday! How much longer are they on sale???

pogo
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Pogo, I know you were just trying to draw me out of the woodwork by forgetting your question! :nono:
And it worked !;)

How did you know I've been missing you ?? :blush:

I have yet to see any Girl Scouts selling cookies! Usually they are at the grocery store on the weekend.....well that explains it - since it was a three day weekend, I didn't do shopping until Monday! How much longer are they on sale???
You've got to be kidding. So far I've ordered at least ten boxes from niece's, Granddaughters, and kids I didn't know were related to me. :doh:
And I don't eat cookies ! :D

Christine
01-22-2008, 10:49 PM

I don't know about Oregon, but our orders are due Feb. 3rd.

Bethany, your scrapbook pages are great! I like the simplicity...I can't take it all in when there's too much gobbledy-goop on a page...you know what I mean?

Dsnygirl
01-22-2008, 11:27 PM
So you have HOW many boxes now??? Do you need new shelves in the pantry?? :D

Just sleepin' ... :blush:

You've got to be kidding. So far I've ordered at least ten boxes from niece's, Granddaughters, and kids I didn't know were related to me. :doh:
Do you need our address?? There are 4 of us here that DO eat them.... lots of them.... :blush:

Beast_fanatic
01-22-2008, 11:45 PM
I saw a personalized license plate yesterday that I thought was great: "I LV MKY". They had a Mickey trailer hitch cover and a Mickey antenna topper to affirm that the MKY was indeed Mickey. Does anyone here have Disney related plates?

Tink&Goofy
01-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Nope. Just back to work. I may not have felt great today, but I have to admit, it was nice to relax and have the house to myself! :blush:

:haha::laughing::funny:

So you have HOW many boxes now??? Do you need new shelves in the pantry?? :D

You keep yours in the pantry?? I keep mine in the freezer - otherwise everyone will find them first! :blush:

Dsnygirl
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
I saw a personalized license plate yesterday that I thought was great: "I LV MKY". They had a Mickey trailer hitch cover and a Mickey antenna topper to affirm that the MKY was indeed Mickey. Does anyone here have Disney related plates?
Not yet - mine is currently "02BNMAIN" (Oh, to be in Maine ;)) but only because "DSNYGIRL" is taken in NY.... but I'm trying to find a way to get it as close as possible... a few months ago I came up with "DZNYGIRL" and it's available... I just keep waiting, hoping the "real one" will come available!! A few years ago, I wanted to do "PRRTHEAD"... love Jimmy Buffet... :blush:

You keep yours in the pantry?? I keep mine in the freezer - otherwise everyone will find them first! :blush:
Dan would know to look there... but in the pantry, behind the artichokes and olives and other sundries he hates?? Never!! :blush:

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Hi, everyone! I worked until 11:30 tonight so I'm still in winding-down from work mode, but I'm tired. I can't believe I've been gone from the thread for what seems like forever.

Alex and Jasper, how are you two feeling?

Would you rather we go back to Resolutionville? :nono:

Elllen, Are you working and how are you?
Is your cruise in February? Do I have too many questions for you?
See above... I'm tired and a bit wheezy. Did you remember the Lysol? Glad to hear you were well enough to go into work today. My trip ticker says that we're something like 19 days away. I have to try on clothes this weekend :eek:

Sorry about the troubles in the band. "Politics" is what made me leave hot air ballooning. :shake:
I'm sure there's a smart remark to be made about the relationship between hot air, balloons and politics but I'm too tired right now. :blush:

Dan would know to look there... but in the pantry, behind the artichokes and olives and other sundries he hates?? Never!! :blush:
Blythe, Blythe, Blythe... now he knows exactly where to look! (Btw, I think it's awesome news that you may buy the house.)

Hey, Christine! Will you ship the GS cookies? Bethany and I don't have a source for them here in NYC.

Awesome pages, Bethany! :thumbsup:

Does launching the intranet site I've been planning, designing, coding, etc., for over two years now, count? It's finally going out to our team leaders for their review/approval. Hopefully some of them will now be embarassed enough by the lack of content on their team's page to finally give us the 2-3 paragraphs of text we've been asking for since June. I mean, seriously, how hard can it be to write 2-3 paragraphs about what your team will be doing this fiscal year?

I didn't get to see the news tonight but should we be worried about the economy?

Dsnygirl
01-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Hi, everyone! I worked until 11:30 tonight so I'm still in winding-down from work mode, but I'm tired. I can't believe I've been gone from the thread for what seems like forever.

Blythe, Blythe, Blythe... now he knows exactly where to look! (Btw, I think it's awesome news that you may buy the house.)

Does launching the intranet site I've been planning, designing, coding, etc., for over two years now, count?

I didn't get to see the news tonight but should we be worried about the economy?
And it feels like you've been gone forever!! We miss you around here!!

Nah.... he's never on here anymore, although I'm sure he'll pop in soon... but he's not a re-reader through the old posts, so I'm safe... I think... :blush:

Yes, that definitely counts -- how exciting!! I hope it launches really well!!

And I'd say yes, mildly -- one site I read had a good perspective on what's going on, I thought - they said that maybe all this recession news will turn people around from their excessive spending and not saving habits, and that some reviews have already begun to show consumers trying to get things paid off vs. buying more. As I would qualify myself as someone who has had a hard time learning that lesson, I think it would be a lesson well learned for our country!! Okay, no more :soapbox: this late at night... :blush:

So - anybody else still around??

BronxTigger
01-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Just zooping in! I have about 10 people to multi-quote so it's going to have to wait until tonight!

Thanks for the compliments on the pages...explanations will come tonight too! (I'm running late this morning!)

Christine, I might need cookies from Olivia. How much would it cost to ship, say, ten boxes?

disneydeb
01-23-2008, 06:46 AM
I'm up. Gage is sick. DH was up with him most of the ight. Gage's mom had to work.

Blythe, Great news about being able to buy the house! Sounds like a win - win!
I LOVE Jimmy Buffet too!
The economy is in for a slowdown, but don't let that deter you from buying your house! ::thumbsup:

Elllen. try to get more rest. Do you think I should try to follow my own advice?:blush:
Have a lovely time getting ready for your cruise.

Ken, I'm throwing some :pixie: at your situation with the band.

Have a great day, everybody!
Let your light shine!

alpro2
01-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Ken, I'm sure hoping things turn around for your band... pity how the foolish in a group can ruin it for everyone else. Regardless, I'll have some cookies set aside for you....

Hey Ken.....let's start our own band. We could write songs, hit the road, and have tons of groupies follow us on tour. ;) All we need is a bass player, and perhaps another guitar player. Do you think it is too late for us?

I don't know....I saw Frankie at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you know, the big meet in WDW that Di, Nat, Pogo, and Carol didn't go to :thedolls:) and I am positive that he is not a bikini babe.

Speaking of Frankie, did you notice that he hit 17k posts?

Alex and Jasper, how are you two feeling?

Almost back to normal. A little stiff, but I am slowing getting there. I am hoping to hit the gym in February. I can take a slow golf swing, but nothing too drastic. I guess Rome wasn't built in a day. :(

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 08:59 AM
You guys sure got chatty last night!

She's sorry Mikki... Diane didn't mean to imply anything about the British being :crazy:.

Should I have said "Spears-ish"?

Even with all that fun going on - if I had the choice to stay home and was able to stay home, yep! You guessed it - I would've stayed home!

How rude !!!

Anyone know why I am suddenly picturing Frankie as a little blonde haired girl named Stephanie? :D

That's theaggrevating part. You can see it coming but you can't do anything to stop it because they try to make it seem so innocent, even though you know they're trying to railroad their way into taking over.

Sorry things didn't work out and that you are having to go thru this. Why are some people such idiots? And meanies?

GPS is a wonderful thing. Also the tracker chips I have implanted in you guys are a dead giveaway.

Is that why I'm hearing a constant beeping?

I have a throw blanket in my office. I don't know if that was what did it or not, but it has been a little warmer in there recently and I haven't needed to use it lately.

Of course, I'm sitting here in my office at home with a throw blanket on me too.

So, it appears to have worked for you... wonder if I can find a Stitch throw blanket to bring in?

I have several throws at home and we use them every night (since my house stays at about 64 degrees).

Hope you stay warm!

And I don't eat cookies !

:jaw: :faint:

I'm sure there's a smart remark to be made about the relationship between hot air, balloons and politics but I'm too tired right now.

Have fun getting ready for your cruise!

And I'd say yes, mildly -- one site I read had a good perspective on what's going on, I thought - they said that maybe all this recession news will turn people around from their excessive spending and not saving habits, and that some reviews have already begun to show consumers trying to get things paid off vs. buying more. As I would qualify myself as someone who has had a hard time learning that lesson, I think it would be a lesson well learned for our country!! Okay, no more :soapbox: this late at night...

I'm one of the people who have been 'scared straight' by the recession news. DH and I have 'cancelled' all plans for a 'real' vacation this year (even though it is our 15 year anniversary) and will pay down some bills. Does this mean I've become a mature and responsible adult?

I'm up. Gage is sick. DH was up with him most of the ight. Gage's mom had to work.

Let your light shine!

Morning Deb! Hope Gage gets better quick! And hope you have a great day too!

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 09:03 AM
at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you know, the big meet in WDW that Di, Nat, Pogo, and Carol didn't go to :thedolls:)

If I used these smilies: :trampo: :medic: together.. would anyone understand what I was trying to say?

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 09:42 AM
If I used these smilies: :trampo: :medic: together.. would anyone understand what I was trying to say?
OMG, you jumped so high last night that you hit the ceiling and the paramedics had to cart you off to the ER?

Morning all! Time to get to work but I wanted to say "hi" and have a TERRIFIC Tuesday! :D I have coffee and a selection of tea over here... who has the cookies? (Those lemon ones sound good.)

BriarRose0708
01-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Can I put in a long distance order?
You just reminded me Christine, that Olivia is one of my favorite baby names. Somehow I missed that whole conversation about naming Jym and Rachel's baby. And just to throw the rest of my list out there, I also love Cecilia, Amelia, Maria, Alexander, Euan, Scott and Anthony. Can you tell I'm Italian and Welsh???

That's my strategy too! Although it worked better when I had a roommate who would eat anything whether or not it was hers. Now that it's just me again I always seem to find them first.:secret:

offwego
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
It's funny the whole "scared straight" thing will have postive impact over the long term.

In the short term however the increased savings or debt repayment will continue to trigger "recession" style results as it's spending on "new stuff" that drives the GDP and other indicators forward.

However a consumer driven economy (which is what your USA economy is heavily weighted with) that is built on unstatinable debt almost has to have a decrease in spending to have a decrease in debt and create stability. It's a catch 22.

Made worse in many many ways by the 24-7 media attention paid in many little sound bites instead of big picture.

Hope your all doing well! Any news I missed?

Christine
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey, Christine! Will you ship the GS cookies? Bethany and I don't have a source for them here in NYC.

Christine, I might need cookies from Olivia. How much would it cost to ship, say, ten boxes?
Can I put in a long distance order?
If you guys really want cookies, I think the least I can do is help out with the shipping. ;)Just PM me if you'd like. :)

- they said that maybe all this recession news will turn people around from their excessive spending and not saving habits, and that some reviews have already begun to show consumers trying to get things paid off vs. buying more.
Does this mean Dave Ramsey is responsible for the recession? I guess I should do my patriotic duty and stop my plan and go back to :spend: than, huh! :flag: (PLEASE!!!)

Hey Ken.....let's start our own band. We could write songs, hit the road, and have tons of groupies follow us on tour. ;)
Just how many of those happy pills have you been taking?? :D

Seriously, glad you're doing well...give yourself plenty of time and take it easy! You're probably getting stronger every day!

Anyone know why I am suddenly picturing Frankie as a little blonde haired girl named Stephanie? :D
:funny: I HAVE to tell Olivia this! She LOVES Full House!!

You just reminded me Christine, that Olivia is one of my favorite baby names.

Well, if you're a Gone with the Wind fan, you'll LOVE how I got her name! Olivia Leigh, from Olivia de Havilland and Vivian Leigh!

BriarRose0708
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, if you're a Gone with the Wind fan, you'll LOVE how I got her name! Olivia Leigh, from Olivia de Havilland and Vivian Leigh!

I love Olivia di Havilland. Mellie is my favorite character from GWTW! Not just because she gets to marry Ashley (who is way hotter in the book than the movie, at least in my mind) but because she's just so nice to everyone and sees the good in people. I can identify with her naiiveness a lot, in most ways.

If you had a son would you have named him Clark?

Christine
01-23-2008, 11:11 AM
If you had a son would you have named him Clark?

Actually, no. We had a son (only briefly...it was a private adoption gone very BAD :crying:!!!) and named him Stephen Drew. Stephen from the Bible (amazed by him being so brave while being stoned to death!) and Drew short for Andrew, one of our favorite cats.

That's odd, isnt' it?

I better scoot...I have to work today. I'll see you folks in the afternoon.

alpro2
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
You just reminded me Christine, that Olivia is one of my favorite baby names. Somehow I missed that whole conversation about naming Jym and Rachel's baby. And just to throw the rest of my list out there, I also love Cecilia, Amelia, Maria, Alexander, Euan, Scott and Anthony. Can you tell I'm Italian and Welsh???

Great names! Is Pogo getting :ack:?

1. If you guys really want cookies, I think the least I can do is help out with the shipping. ;)Just PM me if you'd like. :)

2. Just how many of those happy pills have you been taking?? :D

3. Seriously, glad you're doing well...give yourself plenty of time and take it easy! You're probably getting stronger every day!

1. Why don't you just toss the cookies? :D

2. Ken - I think we have our first groupie. :D

3. Thanks for the encouragement! :mickey:

Caroleh
01-23-2008, 11:43 AM
I have pictures of the inside of the house (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2122153080093439642RBemfS). Does anyone want to take a peak?

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Where is everyone at? Why do you all only come out at night?

OMG, you jumped so high last night that you hit the ceiling and the paramedics had to cart you off to the ER?

Morning all! Time to get to work but I wanted to say "hi" and have a TERRIFIC Tuesday! :D I have coffee and a selection of tea over here... who has the cookies? (Those lemon ones sound good.)

Close... I twisted my back so now it hurts to move or twist towards my right side. Guess I pulled a muscle.

Do you still have some tea left? And did anyone ever show up with any cookies?

That's my strategy too! Although it worked better when I had a roommate who would eat anything whether or not it was hers. Now that it's just me again I always seem to find them first.:secret:

You can hide them in my freezer if it would help you out! :D

If you guys really want cookies, I think the least I can do is help out with the shipping. Just PM me if you'd like.

DRAT! I wish I would've known this a few days ago.. I ordered from a lady here at work.. I much would've rather (did I phrase that correct? :confused:) ordered from a friend! (as in YOU Christine!)

I have pictures of the inside of the house (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2122153080093439642RBemfS). Does anyone want to take a peak?

Looking good! Lots of windows and sunshine! How much longer? Now that I've taken a PEEK at your new home.. since you are giving out PEAKS I'll take "Pike's Peak" from Colorado....

drummerboy
01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Zooping.

Alex, if we already have a groupie, what more do we need? We got it made, bubba. Maybe we can get Pogo in on the action and have two drummers, like the Allman Brothers did. Some of the best dual-action drumming was in their long song, "Dreams".

Thought we found a loophole to the vote last night, but it didn't work out. Oh well.

So, as I understand it, we're using somebody's unfinished new house as a base to store girl Scout cookies and scrapping supplies, is that right? I'll get DDP to deliver a couple dozen freezers tomorrow for the cookies.

mouseaddict
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Seems like everyone has had a rough week or so...I hope things are looking up for everyone.
We tried to book a last minute cruise for Feb on DCL with our points..but of course there was nada left..oh well..now we are just going to have to "settle" for plain old Disney for those days!
Does anyone want me to pick up a treat while we are there?

Dsnygirl
01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Almost back to normal. A little stiff, but I am slowing getting there. I am hoping to hit the gym in February. I can take a slow golf swing, but nothing too drastic. I guess Rome wasn't built in a day.
I'm glad to hear you're continuing to feel better, but why do you guys always measure everything by your golf swing??? :D

Does this mean I've become a mature and responsible adult?

:stop: Perish the thought!! :nono:

Hey -to a fellow Stitch lover - I just got my "Disney Movie Rewards" Stitch figurine in the mail yesterday!! It's called "Perplexed Pupil" and he is just SO darn cute... :stitch2:

Uh-oh... what did you do to yourself???

Carol, those pics are great!! Wow -- you must be getting so excited. I loved every (okay, almost every) moment of building our house - it'll be awhile before we do it again, but I'll just watch and enjoy you getting to do it!!

Sorry... I was sleeping.... but I'm up now!! Where'd everybody go???

Quick add-in - Hi Ken!! Caught your zoop... you must've snuck in while I was typing. Hope you're having a better day -- and that you find another loophole!!

Michelle - when are you headed to Disney?? Could you give Pluto and Stitch a big hug from me???

Christine
01-23-2008, 04:48 PM
2. Ken - I think we have our first groupie.

Don't look at me!! I don't do that...anymore :D

DRAT! I wish I would've known this a few days ago.. I ordered from a lady here at work.. I much would've rather (did I phrase that correct? :confused:) ordered from a friend! (as in YOU Christine!)
Don't sweat it! A girl scout is a girl scout!

So, as I understand it, we're using somebody's unfinished new house as a base to store girl Scout cookies and scrapping supplies, is that right? I'll get DDP to deliver a couple dozen freezers tomorrow for the cookies.

We tried to book a last minute cruise for Feb on DCL with our points..but of course there was nada left..oh well..now we are just going to have to "settle" for plain old Disney for those days!
Gee, that's rough! Are you going to be there the same time as Ellen??

pogo
01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Almost back to normal.
What do you mean ?? You never were normal ! :D

Anyone know why I am suddenly picturing Frankie as a little blonde haired girl named Stephanie?
Does he also have a turned up nose ??

Why you two timer...... I thought I'm the only one you did that too and now I find out you have another guy ?? :shake:

That you fell through the trampoline ??

It's funny the whole "scared straight" thing will have postive impact over the long term.

In the short term however the increased savings or debt repayment will continue to trigger "recession" style results as it's spending on "new stuff" that drives the GDP and other indicators forward.

However a consumer driven economy (which is what your USA economy is heavily weighted with) that is built on unstatinable debt almost has to have a decrease in spending to have a decrease in debt and create stability. It's a catch 22.

Made worse in many many ways by the 24-7 media attention paid in many little sound bites instead of big picture.

Hope your all doing well! Any news I missed?
Wow..... Pretty and smart ! Your my kind of girl !

Great names! Is Pogo getting :ack:? :sick:

Looking good !

Alex, if we already have a groupie, what more do we need? We got it made, bubba. Maybe we can get Pogo in on the action and have two drummers, like the Allman Brothers did. Some of the best dual-action drumming was in their long song, "Dreams
I can also play the bass guitar if need be.

Seems like everyone has had a rough week or so...I hope things are looking up for everyone.
Does anyone want me to pick up a treat while we are there?Sure... I'll take a :bar: if you can keep it from thawing out !

alpro2
01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Nice. Which room is mine? :D

I'm glad to hear you're continuing to feel better, but why do you guys always measure everything by your golf swing???

How should we measure, by scrapbooking? :D

Don't look at me!! I don't do that...anymore :D

I am sure there are plenty of stories about YOU! :D

That you fell through the trampoline ??

:rotfl:

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey -to a fellow Stitch lover - I just got my "Disney Movie Rewards" Stitch figurine in the mail yesterday!! It's called "Perplexed Pupil" and he is just SO darn cute... :stitch2:

Uh-oh... what did you do to yourself???

Cool! Can you take a picture and post it?

I pulled a muscle in my back.. or maybe it's just a muscle in my back complaining that it doesn't like all the sudden work it's having to do?

Why you two timer...... I thought I'm the only one you did that too and now I find out you have another guy ?? :shake:

I'm sorry. You are the only guy that gets my 'special' :fresh: Yours are given in a spirit of friendship and love.. Alex's - well.. Alex's are given in a typical, childish spirit...

Zooping.

Thought we found a loophole to the vote last night, but it didn't work out. Oh well.

Wow, you move pretty quick when you want to.
Sorry there was no loophole for you. Good luck on that situation.

Tell Stitch I said hello! And eat some breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace for me!

alpro2
01-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm sorry. You are the only guy that gets my 'special' :fresh: Yours are given in a spirit of friendship and love.. Alex's - well.. Alex's are given in a typical, childish spirit...

Tell Stitch I said hello!
Childish spirit? Um, Di, Stitch is not real. It is a cartoon character. There is somebody dressed up in a costume. :D

offwego
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Childish spirit? Um, Di, Stitch is not real. It is a cartoon character. There is somebody dressed up in a costume. :D

Alex just how much pain med do you have? When Di finds you you are going to need it!

And Pogo...when you live near an elephant as the saying goes. I think I read about your economy almost as much as my own and it still doesn't always work out that I understand it but there you are.

Christine
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I am sure there are plenty of stories about YOU! :D

Oh I'm sure...I just can't remember any of them! In fact, I can't recall the late 1980's! Is that bad?? :blush:

drummerboy
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh I'm sure...I just can't remember any of them! In fact, I can't recall the late 1980's! Is that bad?? :blush:
We probably have two different reasons for the same memory lapse. My reason is that my chilluns were teenagers through the 80s. Aren't you excited about looking forward to those years? :thedolls: Especially when you think about why you can't remember the late 80s.

mouseaddict
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Michelle - when are you headed to Disney?? Could you give Pluto and Stitch a big hug from me???
I am heading down Feb 8-11. We may try to get in on the 7th..but there is no availability ANYWHERE that day (unless we want the honeymoon suite at WL for $500). What on earth is happening on the 7th????

Gee, that's rough! Are you going to be there the same time as Ellen??
I am going to have to go back and check....if I am I may just have to try to meet up with you Ellen!

Tell Stitch I said hello! And eat some breakfast lasagna at Crystal Palace for me!
I will be happy to say Hi to Stitch..and I will sacrifice myself and have some breakfast lasagna in your honor!

What do you mean "somebody dressed in a costume..what a horrible rumor to start...How can you be so mean????

pjbs35a
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Is that why I'm hearing a constant beeping?

So the :spy: outfits are working ???

I don't know....I saw Frankie at the Intercot 10th Anniversary bash (you know, the big meet in WDW that Di, Nat, Pogo, and Carol didn't go to :thedolls:) and I am positive that he is not a bikini babe.

Speaking of Frankie, did you notice that he hit 17k posts?

I prefer the speedo over the bikini look. And that's 17,000 the hard way.

disneydrmr
01-23-2008, 08:05 PM

:jaw: Just what kind of meanie are you? Isn't this like a major penalty? Where's the flag on this play?

pogo
01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry. You are the only guy that gets my 'special' :fresh: Yours are given in a spirit of friendship and love.. Alex's - well.. Alex's are given in a typical, childish spirit... :stop: Not good enough for me.....

:drama: it's either Alex or me getting the :fresh:..... but not both. :humph:

Oh I'm sure...I just can't remember any of them! In fact, I can't recall the late 1980's! Is that bad??
Was there the 80's ??? I can't remember from 1974 to about 1991 when I finnally retired.

Congratulations on 17K... and get dressed please ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Does launching the intranet site I've been planning, designing, coding, etc., for over two years now, count? It's finally going out to our team leaders for their review/approval. Hopefully some of them will now be embarassed enough by the lack of content on their team's page to finally give us the 2-3 paragraphs of text we've been asking for since June. I mean, seriously, how hard can it be to write 2-3 paragraphs about what your team will be doing this fiscal year?

Congratulations Ellen! I hope everything went great today!

Let your light shine!
Are you feeling any better Deb?

Almost back to normal.
I have a plaque in my kitchen that says "Normal around here is just a setting on the dryer...". :D

Wow. Is she allowed to say that in this thread??

Actually my step dad (our personal mortgage broker :blush:) called me yesterday and told me what the rates are now....looks like a good time to refinance!

Alex, if we already have a groupie, what more do we need? We got it made, bubba. Maybe we can get Pogo in on the action and have two drummers, like the Allman Brothers did. Some of the best dual-action drumming was in their long song, "Dreams".

DH plays the drums, and SOME guitar. Too bad you guys don't live closer - I'd send him to YOUR house to jam! :D

So is everyone still freezing out there? Anyone have any snow?

trackbarroness
01-23-2008, 08:37 PM
No snow here, but it's suppose to get a bit cooler here by Friday. So who hid the :bar::bar::bar::bar: ? And why is there sticky stuff all over the place?
Stitch is a person in a costume?!?! I didn't know that. :D Lololol

Jared
01-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Bethany keeps telling me about this potential meet in December. True? If so, can someone please e-mail details? I'd absolutely love to come, and the dates look pretty good for my schedule.

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Sandy, please turn up the heater down there! I really don't want it colder in Orlando over our vacation than it is here (like in November 06).

Well, I finally finished my first round of edits, additions, etc. on the site. I logged off at 4:30 and the "official" e-mail hadn't gone out yet. But I'm feeling good about the site. Hopefully it will get a good reception. I'll be scarce tomorrow as it's battle day. I'll try to zoop in the afternoon. And Friday I have to go into the office for a townhall meeting... hopefully I won't need a flak jacket as some of those non-compliant leaders might be at the meeting.

Do you still have some tea left? And did anyone ever show up with any cookies?
Oh no, the truth is out... you do know I'm half Roumanian, right? :bat:

I am heading down Feb 8-11. We may try to get in on the 7th..but there is no availability ANYWHERE that day (unless we want the honeymoon suite at WL for $500). What on earth is happening on the 7th????

I am going to have to go back and check....if I am I may just have to try to meet up with you Ellen!

:pout: We arrive on the 12th. I was all jazzed too. There was no room on any cruises in Feb either? Too bad you couldn't get on the Wonder on the 17th.

Alex, who told you that horrible rumor?

Blythe, you working tonight?

Christine
01-23-2008, 10:21 PM
We probably have two different reasons for the same memory lapse. My reason is that my chilluns were teenagers through the 80s. Aren't you excited about looking forward to those years? :thedolls: Especially when you think about why you can't remember the late 80s.
I'm sure any memory lapses Olivia has will be far different from what caused mine...if she misplaces the better part of a decade, it had better be b/c she was working so hard on church mission trips or the peace corps or something! :)

:Was there the 80's ??? I can't remember from 1974 to about 1991 when I finnally retired.

Retired from what?

Ellen, congrats on finishing your project! What a good feeling that must be! If you have complainers, you could always use the ,' let's see you do it then, hot shot!' That 'll shut 'em up!

Wanna know a secret? I had a :marg: at dinner tonight! On a weeknight! :faint: Think all the talk about groupies and the 80's is responsible???

pogo
01-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Retired from what?
:drummer: You didn't know ??? :blush:

BriarRose0708
01-23-2008, 10:34 PM

We've got some! Only about 2 inches, but that's better than nothing, right? It's only going to be 17 tomorrow :snowball::freeze:

I'll make a Starbucks run in the morning, get your orders in now!

Christine
01-23-2008, 10:35 PM

No, I guess not. Will you tell me?

Caroleh
01-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice. Which room is mine? :D

For that comment, your room will be with the scrapbooking studio or should it be the sewing studio? I think for you it'll be the sewing studio, I'm sure I can drop a few pins the carpet for your feet to find!! :D Gilles "finds" them all the time. Do you know those pesky things gets lost in carpet really well?

Thanks, Ken, I really did need that tonight!!! :hug:

I hope you guys don't mind but I really need to vent. Gilles and I kinda have our moving date down, we're thinking about Easter weekend, since we're stuck paying rent here until the 31st. We feel that we can take our time and move the small stuff ourselves and leave the bigger stuff for the movers to worry about. We would probably be living in the house before we're out of this place...that way the landlords can't be collecting rent from us and somebody else at the same time. Anyway, today my assistant manager told be she was going to take the day we are planning to move off(only one of us can be gone at time, especially on a Saturday). I told her that was the day we were planning to move so she couldn't take it off. She yelled at me that she wanted that weekend off and I could move another day..she has asked for EVERY Saturday of March and Feb off except for the weekend before Easter. She does not understand the word no and she's in her late 50's. I know tomorrow she'll call my supervisor and ask her for that Saturday off and the supervisor will tell her she can have it off, of course not telling my boss why I wanted it off. What gets me is this isn't the first time she's done this to me. She's come out and told me the she has a life and I don't. I am SO angry that I am thinking about looking for a new job, because this one isn't worth it. She was so mad at me that when a shipment came in she avoided me like the plague and wouldn't help me when I asked her. (She knows she won't get in trouble because the company doesn't side with management because they are so afraid of lawsuits from employees)

Sorry..thanks for listening.

Tink&Goofy
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Did you have long hair and groupies waaaaay back then? :D

We've got some! Only about 2 inches, but that's better than nothing, right? It's only going to be 17 tomorrow :snowball::freeze:

Send some snow my way please! And I'd love a starbucks in the morning! Just coffee - plain coffee (with room!). :D

Kinda quiet here tonight.....

Dsnygirl
01-23-2008, 10:57 PM

Are you kidding??? That might hurt!! :D

Childish spirit? Um, Di, Stitch is not real. It is a cartoon character. There is somebody dressed up in a costume.
:stop: Say it isn't true!! Now, that's just plain mean to start rumours like that!!

Cool! Can you take a picture and post it?
Sure!! I'll try to do it tomorrow or Friday!! He's adorable...

My reason is that my chilluns were teenagers through the 80s.
Hey - I resemble that remark... I loved the 80's!! You must have great kids... :D

And that's 17,000 the hard way.
CONGRATS!! :party: That's a lot of work!!

I have a plaque in my kitchen that says "Normal around here is just a setting on the dryer...".

Now that is perfect!!! I'll have to find that somewhere... or just make it!! Sounds like our kind of house!!

Blythe, you working tonight?
Yup, but I'm on the floor with the new "anit-computer" rules, so we have to leave and go take a break and use this one in isolation... so I won't be around much... :(

I hope tomorrow goes well for you - you go get those :thedolls:!!

Wanna know a secret? I had a margarita at dinner tonight! On a weeknight! Think all the talk about groupies and the 80's is responsible???
Wow... I must be in trouble... I never stop to think if it's the weekend before I make ours... :blush:

I hope you guys don't mind but I really need to vent...
...Sorry..thanks for listening.
Carol, I'm so sorry this employee is so selfish and insconsiderate... unfort., some people are just born that way, and they'll never change or see it any other way than their own. Just know that you've done the right thing by standing up for what you guys need to do, esp. since she's had so much time off herself!! Good luck if she takes it "higher"... it'd be nice if just once someone would tell her no, regardless of her tantrums...

I hope you're all having a good night... we're pretty busy here, so I probably won't be back 'til you're all in bed. Sleep well, dear friends!!

Christine
01-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, Carol! Sounds like you need Drummerboy's Discount :gangster: service! Ken, can you take care of this matter for our dear Carol??

Still taking Starbucks orders??? I'll have a grande nonfat no whip mocha!!! Thanks!

pogo
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
We've got some! Only about 2 inches, but that's better than nothing, right? It's only going to be 17 tomorrow
Got your long johns ready ?? :D

No, I guess not. Will you tell me?
What's to tell ?? I played... traveled.... got tired of it and retired. End of story. :blush:

I hope you guys don't mind but I really need to vent. Gilles and I kinda have our moving date down, we're thinking about Easter weekend, since we're stuck paying rent here until the 31st. We feel that we can take our time and move the small stuff ourselves and leave the bigger stuff for the movers to worry about. We would probably be living in the house before we're out of this place...that way the landlords can't be collecting rent from us and somebody else at the same time. Anyway, today my assistant manager told be she was going to take the day we are planning to move off(only one of us can be gone at time, especially on a Saturday). I told her that was the day we were planning to move so she couldn't take it off. She yelled at me that she wanted that weekend off and I could move another day..she has asked for EVERY Saturday of March and Feb off except for the weekend before Easter. She does not understand the word no and she's in her late 50's. I know tomorrow she'll call my supervisor and ask her for that Saturday off and the supervisor will tell her she can have it off, of course not telling my boss why I wanted it off. What gets me is this isn't the first time she's done this to me. She's come out and told me the she has a life and I don't. I am SO angry that I am thinking about looking for a new job, because this one isn't worth it. She was so mad at me that when a shipment came in she avoided me like the plague and wouldn't help me when I asked her. (She knows she won't get in trouble because the company doesn't side with management because they are so afraid of lawsuits from employees)

Sorry..thanks for listening.Tell your Supervisor that you will not be able to work that day and if he/she choses to give your assistant that day off, he/she will have to cover themselves. :D

Did you have long hair and groupies waaaaay back then?
Long hair...... yes.... very...... groupies ??? maybe. ;) no followers like dead heads, but stage door groupies.... yes. Most were pains in the necks.

Heading to bed.... nitey, nite.... :sleepin:

ElenitaB
01-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Carol, if you know she's going to call your supervisor, make sure that you call first. Sheesh... some people never figure out that the world doesn't revolve around them. Hey, Alex, should we get our cousin Vito to pay this woman a visit?

Wow, Carol! Sounds like you need Drummerboy's Discount :gangster: service! Ken, can you take care of this matter for our dear Carol??

Still taking Starbucks orders??? I'll have a grande nonfat no whip mocha!!! Thanks!
I'll take what she had... only decaf. I need to go to sleep early tonight.

drummerboy
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you have long hair and groupies waaaaay back then? :D
the question for guys mine and Pogo's age is DID you have hair waaaay back then?

Yas want Guido or dirty Dog? (Those are our primary moving and storage guys. You did say you needed Drummerboy Discount Movers, didn't you?)

Tink&Goofy
01-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Long hair...... yes.... very...... groupies ??? maybe. ;) no followers like dead heads, but stage door groupies.... yes.
DH played drums all through college - long hair and all....

the question for guys mine and Pogo's age is DID you have hair waaaay back then?

:funny: DH still has plenty of hair - from the front and sides......

I'll have what she's having - it sounds better than just plain coffee!

Will you check back later, Blythe? I may be up for a while.

ElenitaB
01-24-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm still awake. Can someone tell me a bedtime story?

Tink&Goofy
01-24-2008, 02:03 AM

What are you still doing up? Isn't it past your bedtime?

DisneyDudet
01-24-2008, 02:06 AM

Ellen! I have been up researching the cruise (I know, I do this every day.. you say.. how can someone research one 4-day trip so much?)... so if you are still awake, I think we should speak! How come you don't use aim much?

Dsnygirl
01-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Long hair...... yes.... very......
Pictures, please... :D

Will you check back later, Blythe? I may be up for a while.
I'm back... anyone still up?? Mighty crazy here tonight... lots of babies. Guess that means I'll get my OT tomorrow night... :goodbad:

DisneyDudet
01-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Ellen!

I didn't leave you last night! Everytime you send a message, it said User Not Available! I don't know what happened but I walk talking, yelling even!

I hope you finally got to sleep and that tomorrow goes well for you!

You still like me right? I sure hope so!

Natazu
01-24-2008, 04:38 AM
So what's a good cell phone? Mine seems to on occasion(sp) to get a white screen and I can't seem to do anything with it whilst it has nothing on the screen. Do you suppose it's the battery that's wrong with it? Or something else?Sounds like it's broke. Rachel has a Blackjack and seems to like it pretty well

T
Anybody have some coffee to go with Jym's biscuits? :mickey:Biscuits? The brits take over Canada now too?

Is it just me, or is little al getting a little "Lohan-ishy"? :funny:

So, why has this thread slowed down so much? In two days we've scarcely filled up two pages?? don't blame me, I made pie

I saw a personalized license plate yesterday that I thought was great: "I LV MKY". They had a Mickey trailer hitch cover and a Mickey antenna topper to affirm that the MKY was indeed Mickey. Does anyone here have Disney related plates?Nope, not me

I'm still awake. Can someone tell me a bedtime story?Once upon a time, the little girl wouldn't go to sleep so an ogre came and broke her Xbox.

pogo
01-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Good morning all. Everyone OK today ??

Ellen... here's some :pixie: and an extra prayer for you for today.

Sis... you getting any better ?? :blush:

I'll be in and out today as all my appointments are all within five miles of the office. See you later. :D

Yes ..... and I still do ! How about you ?? :D

DH played drums all through college - long hair and all....
And is that why you fell in love with him ?? Were you his groupie ?? :D

Pictures, please... I'd ahve to scan them first. Some day maybe ! :D

Once upon a time, the little girl wouldn't go to sleep so an ogre came and broke her Xbox.

:shake:

Caroleh
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks everyone!! We'll see how today goes. The whole thing about the Saturday thing around work is, according to the employee manual is that we(management ) are suppose to work every Saturday, but our supervisor says we can take Saturdays off as long as we do it as every other weekend. Ever since her grandchild was born she wants every Saturday off, so if she does complain to the boss, all I have to do is tell her how many Saturdays my assistant has asked for off and then it'll go back to both of us working every Saturday. There is justice...:thedolls:

Does anyone have anything to relieve a major stress headache?

mouseaddict
01-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Good Morning all, hope everyone is ready to face the day. Can I get anyone some coffee?

:pout: We arrive on the 12th. I was all jazzed too. There was no room on any cruises in Feb either? Too bad you couldn't get on the Wonder on the 17th

The 3 day cruise leaving the 7th is all booked up. We wanted to use DVC points since it is a last minute thing and we hve a bunch to use, and were not planning to go back this year. It is too bad that you arrive the day after we leave. Oh well..I guess we will have to try again sometime. I still wonder what is going on on the 7th, since everything is booked that one night ! I would love to try for the 17th but we only have this time booked, and DH is working the big marathon that weekend. I will think of you!

Mickey'sGirl
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Does launching the intranet site I've been planning, designing, coding, etc., for over two years now, count? Good for you Ellen! I launched a page in our Intranet last year, and need to update it quarterly. I love seeing my work published ... unfortunately, I think that only my boss and I ever look at it.... and maybe the auditors. :D

Made worse in many many ways by the 24-7 media attention paid in many little sound bites instead of big picture.Exactly. Are you feeling better?

Well, if you're a Gone with the Wind fan, you'll LOVE how I got her name! Olivia Leigh, from Olivia de Havilland and Vivian Leigh!Beautiful story. When you have an hour I'll tell you about our guys names...:D

Sorry..thanks for listening.Cut her off at the pass and call your boss first. :pixie: to get through it all!

Biscuits? The brits take over Canada now too?
We are part of the Commonwealth, y'all... and we're particularly British. How you doing?

Anybody want to hear the story about the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir on Tuesday evening?

offwego
01-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Are you feeling better?

Mostly..still rundown though.

Ellen I hope everything goes ok for you today. And that you got some sleep.

Bythe any news on the house stuff?

Chirstine I'm glad you survived another camping thing..(sorry I took me so long to go back and look at it)

Carol sorry I'm editing this to add to everyone else who says call your supervisor first and explain it..then I would also recommend you have a very frank discussion about this with your assitant manager. Don't let your life get pushed aside for hers.

Hi to everyone!

disneydrmr
01-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Happy Thursday!

:stop: Not good enough for me.....
it's either Alex or me getting the :fresh:..... but not both. :humph:

No problem there... I'm not 'talking' to Alex anymore... not after the mean and horrible thing he said about my Stitchie! Can you believe him? So you will be the only guy in my life that sees :fresh: in a post aimed at him.

Freezing, with snow here... do you want it?

May I please still make an order? Or am I too late? I would like a Venti Caramel Apple spice please. Thank you.

Our receptionist is like that. She has claimed Christmas week for the past several years... and has already also laid claim to the days around July 4th... some people only care about themselves and what they want... it wouldn't kill her to miss one Saturday off.. it's not like you want it off to just lay around on your couch and eat bon bons all day... hope things work out for you! :hug:

Sure!! I'll try to do it tomorrow or Friday!! He's adorable...

THANKS! Looking forward to seeing my Stitchie!

Long hair...... yes.... very...... groupies ??? maybe. no followers like dead heads, but stage door groupies.... yes. Most were pains in the necks.

Hey now! I am a 'recovered' groupie.. and I'd like to know why you think we were pains in the necks? I was always polite and asked nicely for photos and autographs. Heck - it's the groupies/fans that allowed you long haired rockers to live your elaborate lifestyles.

Does anyone have anything to relieve a major stress headache?

Take two tylenol Pms, go back to bed and watch some Disney movies! Hope you feel better!

BriarRose0708
01-24-2008, 09:16 AM
I've got your Starbucks here, even yours Di!

Jenn, is everything ok?

Christine
01-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Anybody want to hear the story about the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir on Tuesday evening?
I'm thinking this could be good!

So Jenn, is it like in my dream with 3 calendar pin-up firefighters and 2 paramedics in the boudoir :faint: :cloud9::blush: , or the BAD way to have 3 firefighters and 2 paramedics in the house?

Does anyone have anything to relieve a major stress headache?:marg: x 4

We are part of the Commonwealth, y'all... and we're particularly British. How you doing?
Okay, is it just me, or does this sound southern, british, and italian all in one sentence???

disneydrmr
01-24-2008, 09:23 AM

Um.. would love to hear it - but remember this is a family friendly site! :D

Mostly..still rundown though.
Hi to everyone!

Hi Nat! Hope you regain all your strength! Take it easy!

Thanks! That hits the spot! It's freezing in our office! I have cold air blowing right onto my cubicle...

So Jenn, is it like in my dream with 3 calendar pin-up firefighters and 2 paramedics in the boudoir :faint: :cloud9::blush: , or the BAD way to have 3 firefighters and 2 paramedics in the house?

Okay, is it just me, or does this sound southern, british, and italian all in one sentence???

:rotfl: :funny:

I still need a question - don't I?

alpro2
01-24-2008, 09:26 AM
:jaw: Just what kind of meanie are you? Isn't this like a major penalty? Where's the flag on this play?

DH plays the drums, and SOME guitar.
SOME guitar? Which part?

Bethany keeps telling me about this potential meet in December. True? If so, can someone please e-mail details? I'd absolutely love to come, and the dates look pretty good for my schedule.
Ummm, what meet? We don't know anything about a meet in WDW in December. :whistle: :D

Hey, Alex, should we get our cousin Vito to pay this woman a visit?

Absolutely. We'll make her an offer she can't refuse. Does she like shoes? We can get her a pair of concrete ones. :D

Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl

Don't you mean a Pogo, Drummerboy, and Guitar-god (that's me silly) that came to visit you in your boudoir? :D

Originally Posted by disneydrmr
No problem there... I'm not 'talking' to Alex anymore... not after the mean and horrible thing he said about my Stitchie! Can you believe him?

It worked! Phew. :D

disneydrmr
01-24-2008, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=alpro2;1527097
It worked! Phew. :D[/QUOTE]

Since I am not speaking to Alex anymore and since Pogo is jealous and does not want me to do this: :fresh: to anyone but himself.. could someone please do this: :fresh: to Alex for me?

Christine
01-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks! You're a peach!

JENN!!! :search: Aren't you gonna come back and tell your story??

Mickey'sGirl
01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Jenn, is everything ok?

Well, young Euan had a febrile seizure on Tuesday evening. He had been feverish all day, and then was quite chilled through dinner. We decided to plop him in the bath, then we would give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Well, Brian was shaving, and I was sorting laundry while Euan was in the tub, and I heard Brian saying "Euan...stop goofing around. Euan talk to Daddy. Euan .... Euan..." So I ran in, as Brian was taking him out of the tub (he had begun to slide down into the water) and we determined he was having a seizure.

Harry had several seizures as a young child -- but he always went stiff and spasmed -- Euan went limp and "stoned" He was unresponsive, and had extremely shallow breathing and his lips were going blue. So I called 9-1-1 while Brian layed him on the bed, then picked him up, then layed him on the bed, then picked him up .... then finally after about a minute or more, he finally smiled at me. By this time we could hear the sirens -- so Harry took the dogs downstairs and outside -- and Brian went to wait for the Emergency workers -- and I kept poking and prodding poor Euey.

The Firefighters arrived first -- three of them. One took notes, one looked after Euan and asked us questions, and the third assisted that guy. They administered some oxygen then Euan puked all over himself and my bed ... and then did it again .... Then the paramedics arrived. So we had 5 wet booted handsome heros in our bedroom attending to our son. Here's a funny thing though ... The head Firefighter guy said to me "You guys were at Disney in October". I said "Yeah, we were." He said "We sat next to you at dinner in the castle" ... I remembered then -- he and his wife and their daughters. Funny how everyone remembers us.....:D ... He was a really lovely guy and kept calling out "Euey... we're here" "Euey ... hey big guy" 'cause poor Euan was sooooooooooo out of it. What a small world, eh?

Then Brian showed the Firefighters out -- and left us with the paramedics who recommended that we go to the hospital as it was Euan's first seizure. So, since our local hospital was on by-pass, they took us to the next city over (not far) where Euan got all checked out and released. He was absolutely fine. He even went to school yesterday ... He's just fine. He will need an EEG, however (Harry had one and an MRI after his first seizure too). So it was upsetting, but I'm not worried about him. We just need to be aggressive about medicating him at the first sign of fever.

So that's the story of the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir. Not horrible, but somewhat upsetting at the time. I told Brian that I have never entertained so many men at the same time in my room :blush:! The good news is that Euan is absolutely fine.

Anyone else have a good story to tell?

offwego
01-24-2008, 09:41 AM
So that's the story of the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir. Not horrible, but somewhat upsetting at the time. I told Brian that I have never entertained so many men at the same time in my room :blush:! The good news is that Euan is absolutely fine.

Uh Jenn...I'm forced to admit you have way more compusure then I will ever have as I'd still be utterly freaked out by this. I'm so glad you got the response you needed.

Please let us know when Euey's MRI results come back to let us know that everything is allright.

And you had time to think to ask me if was feeling better from a little case of the flu? Holy moly!

Christine
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Wow! Jenn, how scary that must have been!!! I am SO glad Euan is okay!!! And how cool about the Disney connection!!!
Thank God all worked out well!!!

Yeah...who wants to follow that one???

Christine
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM
JENN!!! :search: Aren't you gonna come back and tell your story??

Oh, and sorry about ^ Jenn...

:whisper: It's not very well known, but I can be a little impatient sometimes! Don't tell, okay? :secret: :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Uh Jenn...I'm forced to admit you have way more compusure then I will ever have I had a temporary wig out ... don't you worry ... but when he smiled at me, I knew all was well again ....

:whisper: It's not very well known, but I can be a little impatient sometimes! Don't tell, okay? :secret: :DYour secret is safe with me....

Anyone know what tomorrow is?

Christine
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone know what tomorrow is?

I know it's my very merry un-birthday! :birthday: :hatter:

What else is tomorrow???

Where's Scott? Think I can lure him back with these? (http://www.cherylandco.com/catalogue.asp?action=showitem&id=4278&subcat=208&t=Buckeye+Traditions+Party+Platter)

drummerboy
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM
You have a way of getting one's attention, my dear.

it's not like you want it off to just lay around on your couch and eat bon bons all day
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Since I am not speaking to Alex anymore and since Pogo is jealous and does not want me to do this: :fresh: to anyone but himself.. could someone please do this: :fresh: to Alex for me?
Yo, Alex... :fresh: . (I think she has a crush on you.)

Wow! Glad everything worked out well. And I can't believe the coincidence about them eating next to you.

We had something similar involving me a couple of years ago. I had sudden chest pains in the middle of the night (turned out to be a kind of heartburn I never had before) and we called 911. Well, actually, it was dark and confusing and we called 822, 744, etc. first, but I digress... Anyway, I didn't want to be carried out the door in my skivies, so I asked DW to help get some pants on me while we waited for the EMSs. They got there about the time she was trying to yank my jeans up the rest of the way. You should have seen the raised eyebrows. They must have been thinking, "Geez lady, give him a break..." Then my germophobic (think Howard Hughes) DW had to sit and watch the EMS people crawl all over the bed in their street clothes and shoes trying to get me hooked up to the EEG, etc.. None of them had eaten with us at WDW, but we did know most of them anyway. Then they had to put me on one of those sitting-up gurneys for the trip down our narrow stairway. DW kept worrying that they'd drop me (I ain't exactly pixie-size). Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Are we ready for Friday already? Where'd the rest of the week go?

I have my second of three hosting duties tonight. Newly elected Bar leaders from all over the state will be in Raleigh for a leadership training institute and we kick it off with dinner at a fancy restaurant. I'm chairing one of the two groups who put the seminar together, so I get to do the MC duty and introductions at dinner. I guess the local politicians were good practice last week, so maybe I won't commit too many faux pas's.

Next, I get to greet high school students from all over the region who are participating in a mock trial program in a couple of weeks. Guess which of the three hostings will make me most nervous. All I did was sign up to be a judge in the competition, and next thing I know, I'm the regional coordinator because the usual guy couldn't do it this year.

Have I rambled enough? :D And I haven't even had any coffee.

Mickey'sGirl
01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I love your stories Ken. I agree with your DW ... It is weird to have a bunch of men crawling all over one's bed. Thankfully my DH washed all the sheets and the Duvet cover whilst Euan and I were at the Hospital....and I think the kids scare you most. Didn't you do that exercise last year?

Christine -- tomorrow is Euan's 4th birthday. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have Mickey Mouse on a cake? I ended up buying a set of the Clubhouse guys at the DS, washing them and taking them to the bakery to have them put onto a cake for the event. And why aren't I baking the cake, you might ask? Well our one year old kitchen counter has to be removed so that THE BUILDER CAN PUT THE SUPPORT FRAME IN! Our counter was sinking! Thank goodness I hadn't put the backsplash in yet. NOw I'm rambling....Is it contagious?

Christine
01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
We had something similar involving me a couple of years ago. I had sudden chest pains in the middle of the night (turned out to be a kind of heartburn I never had before) and we called 911. Well, actually, it was dark and confusing and we called 822, 744, etc. first, but I digress... Anyway, I didn't want to be carried out the door in my skivies, so I asked DW to help get some pants on me while we waited for the EMSs. They got there about the time she was trying to yank my jeans up the rest of the way. You should have seen the raised eyebrows. They must have been thinking, "Geez lady, give him a break..." Then my germophobic (think Howard Hughes) DW had to sit and watch the EMS people crawl all over the bed in their street clothes and shoes trying to get me hooked up to the EEG, etc.. None of them had eaten with us at WDW, but we did know most of them anyway. Then they had to put me on one of those sitting-up gurneys for the trip down our narrow stairway. DW kept worrying that they'd drop me (I ain't exactly pixie-size). Anyway, all's well that ends well.

That's hysterical, Ken! And have fun with your meet and greets tonight!

Well, time for me to be headin' out...gotta get showered and dressed and start the day!

I'm going to :cart: and run errands.

Here's a question: If I don't cook, why do I have to :cart: so much??? :scratch:

Christine
01-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Christine -- tomorrow is Euan's 4th birthday. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have Mickey Mouse on a cake? I ended up buying a set of the Clubhouse guys at the DS, washing them and taking them to the bakery to have them put onto a cake for the event. And why aren't I baking the cake, you might ask? Well our one year old kitchen counter has to be removed so that THE BUILDER CAN PUT THE SUPPORT FRAME IN! Our counter was sinking! Thank goodness I hadn't put the backsplash in yet. NOw I'm rambling....Is it contagious?

Oh, he's gonna be 4!!! That seems impossible! :baby:

That stinks about your kitchen counter. I can comiserate with you...the plumber is coming tomorrow to fix our 3 month old bathroom and the contractor is coming to fix our bathroom cabinet door that is hanging by one hinge.

Nothing like high quality craftsmanship, is there? :rolleyes:

Okay, now I REALLY have to go! No one say anything for the next 3 minutes while I shut my computer down, okay? ;)

disneydrmr
01-24-2008, 12:37 PM
So that's the story of the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir. Not horrible, but somewhat upsetting at the time. I told Brian that I have never entertained so many men at the same time in my room ! The good news is that Euan is absolutely fine.

Wow! Oh my! Only "somewhat' upsetting? I would've been a basket case. That sounds so scary. I am glad that Euan is fine. Did you treat him to something special for being such a brave patient? Let us know how his tests come out!

Good story? Hmmm.... I once had two fire trucks come to my house and so there were about 6 brave firemen in my kitchen, which had filled with smoke and the smell of wires burning.. we discovered that my clothes dryer was dying/dead. There was a basket of dirty laundry sitting next to the washer waiting to go in the next load.. and guess what was sitting right on top of that load? :blush:

I have numerous other "firemen in my house/police in my house' stories.. do you want to hear all of them? One thing though - in NONE of my stories was I ever as composed as you are Jenn! Have you ever thought of being a 911 dispatcher?

Are we ready for Friday already?

POGO!! Are you gonna jump Ken for wishing his week away? Or should I do it?

Ken - every day is a gift! You should cherish each day that you are given and NOT wish them away! (How'd I do Pogo? :D)

tomorrow is Euan's 4th birthday. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have Mickey Mouse on a cake? And why aren't I baking the cake, you might ask? Well our one year old kitchen counter has to be removed so that THE BUILDER CAN PUT THE SUPPORT FRAME IN! Our counter was sinking! Thank goodness I hadn't put the backsplash in yet. NOw I'm rambling....Is it contagious?

:party: Happy 4th Birthday Euan! (a little early)

Sorry about your counter problems. How long will it be before you have a counter again?

Here's a question: If I don't cook, why do I have to :cart: so much???

Because John and Olivia eat alot?

Okay, now I REALLY have to go! No one say anything for the next 3 minutes while I shut my computer down, okay? ;)

HELLO????? Anyone out there? She said not not say anything for just 3 minutes.. it's been quite a bit longer than that.. so we can all talk again...

offwego
01-24-2008, 12:54 PM
HELLO????? Anyone out there? She said not not say anything for just 3 minutes.. it's been quite a bit longer than that.. so we can all talk again...

Sorry I guess we were behaving. I can never tell time by intercot.

So you have more stories then burning laundry?

I'm glad my life is so boring!

dlpmikki
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I am constantly amazed by you all and your fortitude in difficult situations! I wonder what the odds are of having an emergency services worker arrive at your house who had seen you at Disney?

I believe that you do more :cart: if you don't cook because of all the packaging on ready meals. In my case it may just be because so much :wine: gets in the trolly :D

BriarRose0708
01-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Jenn, I am so glad Euan is alright! I can't imagine how I would have kept my composure if it were my child.

I did have to call 911 yesterday for one of my residents. His girlfriend was visiting him and she suddenly became extremely weak and dizzy. She was laying on a couch in the lounge and was almost unconscious. She was unresponsive and barely mobile. It looked to me she was having a diabetic episode, but her boyfriend claimed she didn't have diabetes. It was frightening how unresponsive she was. I've had to deal with young people passed out before because of the nature of my job, but this was different. Luckily she is ok now, but I don't really know what caused her to become so ill so quickly.

Completely changing the subject (because I need a question) I don't know what to plan for dinner tonight. Suggestions?

Nascfan
01-24-2008, 01:46 PM
Completely changing the subject (because I need a question) I don't know what to plan for dinner tonight. Suggestions?

Sloppy Joes?

Jenn, I'm so glad Euan is allright!

And an early Happy Birthday to him! :party:

Can he really be 4 already?

Nascfan
01-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Where's Scott? Think I can lure him back with these? (http://www.cherylandco.com/catalogue.asp?action=showitem&id=4278&subcat=208&t=Buckeye+Traditions+Party+Platter)

A little birdie told me there were some treats!

Christine, you're a woman after my own stomache....er, heart. :D

How many can I eat?

pogo
01-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Happy Thursday!
Who are you ???? :confused:

No problem there... I'm not 'talking' to Alex anymore... not after the mean and horrible thing he said about my Stitchie! Can you believe him? So you will be the only guy in my life that sees :fresh: in a post aimed at him.
Yeah...... sure..... I bet...... it won't last ! :shake:

Don't you mean a Pogo, Drummerboy, and Guitar-god (that's me silly) that came to visit you in your boudoir?
Please don't include me in this.... she's my cousin, for heavens sake.

Asking someone else to do your dirty work ???

Well, young Euan had a febrile seizure on Tuesday evening. He had been feverish all day, and then was quite chilled through dinner. We decided to plop him in the bath, then we would give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Well, Brian was shaving, and I was sorting laundry while Euan was in the tub, and I heard Brian saying "Euan...stop goofing around. Euan talk to Daddy. Euan .... Euan..." So I ran in, as Brian was taking him out of the tub (he had begun to slide down into the water) and we determined he was having a seizure.

Harry had several seizures as a young child -- but he always went stiff and spasmed -- Euan went limp and "stoned" He was unresponsive, and had extremely shallow breathing and his lips were going blue. So I called 9-1-1 while Brian layed him on the bed, then picked him up, then layed him on the bed, then picked him up .... then finally after about a minute or more, he finally smiled at me. By this time we could hear the sirens -- so Harry took the dogs downstairs and outside -- and Brian went to wait for the Emergency workers -- and I kept poking and prodding poor Euey.

The Firefighters arrived first -- three of them. One took notes, one looked after Euan and asked us questions, and the third assisted that guy. They administered some oxygen then Euan puked all over himself and my bed ... and then did it again .... Then the paramedics arrived. So we had 5 wet booted handsome heros in our bedroom attending to our son. Here's a funny thing though ... The head Firefighter guy said to me "You guys were at Disney in October". I said "Yeah, we were." He said "We sat next to you at dinner in the castle" ... I remembered then -- he and his wife and their daughters. Funny how everyone remembers us.....:D ... He was a really lovely guy and kept calling out "Euey... we're here" "Euey ... hey big guy" 'cause poor Euan was sooooooooooo out of it. What a small world, eh?

Then Brian showed the Firefighters out -- and left us with the paramedics who recommended that we go to the hospital as it was Euan's first seizure. So, since our local hospital was on by-pass, they took us to the next city over (not far) where Euan got all checked out and released. He was absolutely fine. He even went to school yesterday ... He's just fine. He will need an EEG, however (Harry had one and an MRI after his first seizure too). So it was upsetting, but I'm not worried about him. We just need to be aggressive about medicating him at the first sign of fever.

So that's the story of the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir. Not horrible, but somewhat upsetting at the time. I told Brian that I have never entertained so many men at the same time in my room ! The good news is that Euan is absolutely fine.
I'm so glad he is OK !

I had a temporary wig out ... don't you worry ... but when he smiled at me, I knew all was well again. Thank God.

Are we ready for Friday already? Where'd the rest of the week go?

I'm ready ! :D

POGO!! Are you gonna jump Ken for wishing his week away? Or should I do it?

Ken - every day is a gift! You should cherish each day that you are given and NOT wish them away! (How'd I do Pogo? )

Yuo never cease to amaze me !

I don't know what to plan for dinner tonight. Suggestions?
How about sloppy joes ! :D

alpro2
01-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by alpro2
Don't you mean a Pogo, Drummerboy, and Guitar-god (that's me silly) that came to visit you in your boudoir?

Leave it to Hermione to ruin a good joke. ;)Seriously, I am glad he is ok.

Is it Spring yet?

Beast_fanatic
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Is it Spring yet?

It's supposed to feel like spring here this weekend. Want to come for a visit? You'd better wait until Saturday though as we could have sleet and freezing rain tomorrow! But, Saturday's high is supposed to be 62 or so, and up to 71 by Monday.

Dsnygirl
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow - lots of posts to answer - you guys have been busy today!!

:laughing:

Well, young Euan had a febrile seizure on Tuesday evening...
...he was absolutely fine. He even went to school yesterday ... He's just fine. He will need an EEG, however (Harry had one and an MRI after his first seizure too). So it was upsetting, but I'm not worried about him. We just need to be aggressive about medicating him at the first sign of fever.

Jenn, I am SO glad Euan is okay... that's quite the story!! And I cannot believe you sat next to one of the guys at WDW... that's amazing!! Talk about a small world.

Ken, not that I want to laugh at what was probably a very scary situation at the time... but the way you write it... :funny:... I'm just glad you were fine!!

Christine -- tomorrow is Euan's 4th birthday. Happy early birthday to Euan!! :party: I guess he wanted to get the whole turning 4 thing off with a bang... I hope he has a great day tomorrow!! Give him a :hug: from us...

In my case it may just be because so much :wine: gets in the trolly.
Ain't it the truth?? :blush:

Is it Spring yet?
56 days!! (Why hasn't more time gone by since I posted the last number???)

It's supposed to feel like spring here this weekend. Want to come for a visit? You'd better wait until Saturday though as we could have sleet and freezing rain tomorrow! But, Saturday's high is supposed to be 62 or so, and up to 71 by Monday.
Lucky you!! (for the warmth, not the sleet...) Our weekend temps might break 30!! (And we might hit 40 by Tuesday... :vacation:)

So - how's everyone's Thursday?? I confess, I'm tired today... I wasn't sure how working 4 nights/week instead of 3 was going to feel, but as I finish week two of it, I'm not liking it too much. Tonight's my last night, and I don't have to go in 'till 11pm... thank goodness!! But - I'll tough it out for the next 3 weeks that I signed up for and see how it feels... just keep the coffee pot hot, okay?? :blush:

offwego
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Dsnygirl;1527526just keep the coffee pot hot, okay?? :blush:[/QUOTE]

And should make sure some is in there too? With us you need to be might specific.

And is Canada (well Ontario) the only place you can't get Wine in the grocery store?

pjbs35a
01-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Who needs firefighters when you have an extra pair on longjohns around ???

XL Knickers Smothers Fire

LONDON, England (AP) -- From baggy briefs to the ultimate hotpants: A British woman's knickers saved the day by doubling as an emergency fire blanket when her kitchen caught fire.

John Marsey and his cousin Darren Lines were frying bread in Jenny Marsey's kitchen in Hartlepool, northeast England, on Sunday when their meal caught fire.

Lines grabbed the nearest thing from a pile of laundry to put it out: his aunt's billowing, powder blue, size XL knickers.

He ran them under the faucet and tossed them onto the flames, successfully smothering the fire, a spokesman for the Cleveland Fire Brigade said, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

Lines' swift thinking saved the kitchen -- but left his aunt's undies slightly scorched.

"It could have been a lot worse," she said. "But the knickers saved the day. I'm just grateful to the boys."

The fire official said the general principle of using a large, wet cloth to cover a grease fire was a sound one.

As for using undies: "Clearly it depends on what size you are -- but I don't want to go there."

Dsnygirl
01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
And is Canada (well Ontario) the only place you can't get Wine in the grocery store?
Nope - you can't get it in the grocery stores here, either. But our liquor store is right across the street from the grocer... rather convenient... :blush:

Who needs firefighters when you have an extra pair on longjohns around ???

XL Knickers Smothers Fire

LONDON, England (AP) -- From baggy briefs to the ultimate hotpants: A British woman's knickers saved the day by doubling as an emergency fire blanket when her kitchen caught fire.

John Marsey and his cousin Darren Lines were frying bread in Jenny Marsey's kitchen in Hartlepool, northeast England, on Sunday when their meal caught fire.

Lines grabbed the nearest thing from a pile of laundry to put it out: his aunt's billowing, powder blue, size XL knickers.

He ran them under the faucet and tossed them onto the flames, successfully smothering the fire, a spokesman for the Cleveland Fire Brigade said, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

Lines' swift thinking saved the kitchen -- but left his aunt's undies slightly scorched.

"It could have been a lot worse," she said. "But the knickers saved the day. I'm just grateful to the boys."

The fire official said the general principle of using a large, wet cloth to cover a grease fire was a sound one.

As for using undies: "Clearly it depends on what size you are -- but I don't want to go there."
:funny: I didn't even know people still wore knickers... maybe I ought to buy some and have them around for Emma... :blush:

So - where'd everybody go?? You'd think it was dinner time or something...