PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Scrapping for Valentines.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Tink&Goofy
01-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Probably true, especially if it's federal court. At least our courts have recognized the importance of down time for attorneys to have intituted a 'secured leave' program for us to be able to more or less guarantee that court won't interfere with vacation. Think positively--the other parties may want to buy some time and ask for continuances.

I'm below the attorneys on the totem pole, so doubt anyone cares about my plans. But I honestly can't imagine anyone being ready by March.

Hey T&G.... where have you been ?? :confused:

I hope to know pretty soon. I've got the itenerary done and made a couple of ADR's. :D
I've got BWV reserved for March, and ADRs made. Just don't have air tickets yet. :( Now I don't know if I should buy them or not.
If we can't go, maybe we could go in December?

pogo
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
1. Are you going to start grovelling also?

2. :funny:

3. Are you a fraidy cat? Now why would I scare you? Gee, what would you think if I didn't like you?? I really am a very nice person with a warped sense of humour!!!
1. No
2. Thank you. :tiphat:
3. No

Why should I start groveling ?? :confused:
I'm not some delivery boy and I'm not Gilles ! :whew:

I'm below the attorneys on the totem pole, so doubt anyone cares about my plans. But I honestly can't imagine anyone being ready by March.

I've got BWV reserved for March, and ADRs made. Just don't have air tickets yet. Now I don't know if I should buy them or not.
If we can't go, maybe we could go in December?
If I were you I'd buy tickets only if you could cancel and use the credit for future use.

December would be cool even though it would be after we went home. One of these days we'll get together so I can get my :hug: ! :D

Going to bed...... nitey, nite.....:sleepin:

Beast_fanatic
01-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi guys... just a quick zoop...

We couldn't see it b/c the wife was OOT and the dad was home with the kids alone all weekend... not a recipe for a clean, showable house, I guess!! So, we're going to see it this upcoming Saturday afternoon... cross your fingers!!

That's my kind-of answer...

I wish!!

Sparkly gold, definitely... goes well with your coloring.

Blythe..pst...Do you think Rhonda might be looking at your post soon?

Ooops... see what happens when you're not around for a few days??

But, you didn't even go back and fix it! :nono: :shake: :fresh:

Happy early Birthday, Mary! :cake: At least from your post, I think tomorrow's your birthday (and not your friend's). :confused:

Anyone else have their performance review today? Is it me, or does it seem like a whole year should take more than 20 minutes to summarize? Well, at least it was positive and nobody cried. ;)

Tink&Goofy
01-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Anyone else have their performance review today? Is it me, or does it seem like a whole year should take more than 20 minutes to summarize? Well, at least it was positive and nobody cried. ;)
My past 2 reviews have just been revalidations of the review 3 years ago! Good thing that was a good one! :blush: You would think an ANNUAL review would be just that!

So does a raise go along with the review?

Beast_fanatic
01-30-2008, 11:49 PM

Oh, who knows. It used to be that although salary increases and bonuses were directly tied to performance, they never came at the same time as reviews. :confused: This year, they decided that all salary increases and/or bonuses will be doled out at the same time, and that's March 15th. So, I won't know until then, or shortly before that. Weird, huh?

Dsnygirl
01-31-2008, 05:10 AM
But, you didn't even go back and fix it! :nono: :shake: :fresh:

I just wanted a little attention from you... :blush:

Funny, I had my review yesterday, too... same ending as you, although we did have a few "things" to discuss that I was concerned with. But all's well and I'm still working....

:rotfl: :funny:

Actually, we do get annual raises, but the pittance we see on our anniversary date/review date is so small it's not even worth mentioning.

So - how was everyone's evening? I hope you're all sleeping well... things are good here tonight, and as I'm working overtime, that's good!! It's nice to have an "easy" night when they're paying you the big bucks!! Too many nights have been crazy lately.

What's on tap for everyone tomorrow?? I'm just sleeping and then hanging out with the family.... I wish the wknd would get here and we could get through seeing this house! It's the only one on the market here that I would consider buying over the one we're living in, so I just want to see it, make our decision and move on to whatever is next!! :wait:

See you all in the am.... could someone save me a cup of coffee, please??

alpro2
01-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Can you believe it? this night owl is just about ready to hit the hay. Good night all.
What are you doing up so late, young man? Now take your prune juice and off to bed with ya. :D

Going to bed...... nitey, nite.....:sleepin:
You're still up too! C'mon, tighten your diaper and hop in.

At your age, you two need to rest. :D

Anyone else have their performance review today? Is it me, or does it seem like a whole year should take more than 20 minutes to summarize? Well, at least it was positive and nobody cried.
So you did not get any :nono: ? :D

pogo
01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Anyone else have their performance review today? Is it me, or does it seem like a whole year should take more than 20 minutes to summarize? Well, at least it was positive and nobody cried.
I give myself a performance review every evening. I look into the mirror and say to myself," what have you done today to make money and why should I keep you on the payroll ?? " It works..... I've fired myself ten to twenty times a year and hire myself back the next day with a pay increase ! :D

I just wanted a little attention from you... :blush:

What's on tap for everyone tomorrow??
Hey now.... that's my shtick ! :shake:

I'm going to Niagara Falls on business. Anybody going to be around there today ?? :D

alpro2
01-31-2008, 07:30 AM
At least I am planning on velvet trousers rather than a posh frock but even so!

Are you thinking about wearing Alex's velvet trousers ??? :confused:

The general concensus is the sparkly gold spandex. Perhaps they would be better in the rain? :D

Caroleh
01-31-2008, 08:05 AM
The general concensus is the sparkly gold spandex. Perhaps they would be better in the rain? :D

I think the bronze leatherette would be so much better and I really think its you!!!

Pogo, I'm liking men grovelling, so I thought you'd just join in!!! :D

It looks like Gilles is planning to move our move date up a week, so I'll really have to get some MAJOR packing done!!

Did anyone see any questions? I think the wind blew them all away!!

disneydrmr
01-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Happy happy Thursday! Is everyone up and at 'em? Everyone glad to be alive? Everyone happy that we have another wonderful day to work and play?

I give myself a performance review every evening. I look into the mirror and say to myself," what have you done today to make money and why should I keep you on the payroll ?? " It works..... I've fired myself ten to twenty times a year and hire myself back the next day with a pay increase !

:funny:

Did anyone see any questions? I think the wind blew them all away!!

Well, if they came this way they'll soon be covered by a scary layer of ice and some snow on top of that... we're under a winter storm warning, rain, sleet, snow, ice.. luckily it ain't gonna start until 7pm tonight so I'll make it home from work all right.. but now getting to work tomorrow will be tricky. Anyone have a sled I can borrow to hook my doggies to so I can mush my way in to work?

drummerboy
01-31-2008, 08:36 AM
What are you doing up so late, young man? Now take your prune juice and off to bed with ya. :D

You're still up too! C'mon, tighten your diaper and hop in.

At your age, you two need to rest. :D
Looky here sonny, if I could lift my cane high enough, I'd give you a good thrashing. :old:

It looks like Gilles is planning to move our move date up a week, so I'll really have to get some MAJOR packing done!!
Date? You goin' to a movie? Out dancing?

Mickey'sGirl
01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I had a whole bunch of clever things to say...and did so in the post I was attempting to make a few moments ago....but alas...I was bumped out and I have drawn a blank....

So what's up y'all?

I bought a snowsuit last night. I am going skiing with Harry's class next Friday (at their request -- I won't say anything about my challenges with polite discrimination in our society).... Which bone do you think I'll break first? :ski:

MauiMouse
01-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Are you getting married ???

It's your friends birthday ??? :D
How did you guess, on both accounts. :thumbsup:

Will youse guys please keep your wind to yourselves? I am going to a posh do in London tomorrow and the last thing I want to hear on the weather forecast is gales and driving rain arriving from the US! At least I am planning on velvet trousers rather than a posh frock but even so! Just in case anyone is contemplating asking - I am going to a Liverymen only dinner for the Worshipful Company of World Traders (http://www.world-traders.org/) :D In this instance Liverymen is non specific as both Andrew and I are ones.

Sorry Mikki but what blows here go to east bound. :fan:

Staying in the Downtown Disney area. Arriving tomorrow, returning mid-day Satruday. What's a body to do ???

So close and yet so far away. Enjoy your trip Frankie, even though you can't get to the parks.

Happy early Birthday, Mary! :cake: At least from your post, I think tomorrow's your birthday (and not your friend's). :confused:

Thanks Rhonda. My friends birthday was on Friday & mine today, so we are going out to celebrate today. Should be a rip roaring good time.

No performance review here, never really had one, but we don't get raises either. Has anyone else not gotten a raise in like 3 years or more?

Everyone have a good Thursday, I'm off shortly to celebrate! :party:

Nascfan
01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Happy Birthday Mary!

How's everyone doing this Thursday?

We're supposed to get a good bit of snow tonight and tomorrow. Heard anywhere from 4 to 10 inches or more. Gee, is that a big enough range? Sheesh!

offwego
01-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey Scott! I can't figure out what we are getting either. What a pile of fun weather is huh?

We get quarterly reviews..and for the first time I know my next one will be ugly. Not fun.

Any coffee yet?

Nascfan
01-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Any coffee yet?

What flavor would you like?

I'm looking for the cookies. Was Alex here this morning? That would explain the crumbs.

Good luck with reviews.

ElenitaB
01-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Is everyone having a TERRIFIC Thursday? :D

Happy happy Thursday! Is everyone up and at 'em? Everyone glad to be alive? Everyone happy that we have another wonderful day to work and play?
Absolutely!

I'm just back from the hospital and thought I'd jump on here before I go to work. I need a giggle or two, and as usual, you have succeeded :laughing:

Have fun on your trip, Frankie! Will at least be able to get to DTD?

Happy bday, Mary! You're getting married???

We have to finish up our midyears by today. I wrote my self-evaluation and my manager didn't have anything to add (when I reread what I wrote, even I was impressed), so I just signed off and we were done!

Our reviews result in a ranking (1-5), and annual raise is pegged to the ranking. Of course, if you get a 5 for a few years running, there's always hope for a promotion which generally yields a decent raise.

I wish the wknd would get here and we could get through seeing this house! It's the only one on the market here that I would consider buying over the one we're living in, so I just want to see it, make our decision and move on to whatever is next!! :wait:
Blythe, that's so exciting. You'll let us know about the other house, right? (Pretty please with cookies on top)

Well, if they came this way they'll soon be covered by a scary layer of ice and some snow on top of that... we're under a winter storm warning, rain, sleet, snow, ice.. luckily it ain't gonna start until 7pm tonight so I'll make it home from work all right.. but now getting to work tomorrow will be tricky. Anyone have a sled I can borrow to hook my doggies to so I can mush my way in to work?
Cross country skiing is great exercise! (Seriously though... hope your commutes are safe the next few days. When I saw today's weather reports, I was thinking of you and our other MWestern/NorthCentral JQers).

I bought a snowsuit last night. I am going skiing with Harry's class next Friday (at their request -- I won't say anything about my challenges with polite discrimination in our society).... Which bone do you think I'll break first? :ski:
A snowsuit? One piece? You're really brave! And don't joke about the broken bone, please! I used to do just that and discovered I had been tempting fate.

We're supposed to get a good bit of snow tonight and tomorrow. Heard anywhere from 4 to 10 inches or more. Gee, is that a big enough range? Sheesh!
Sounds like your weatherman is covering all his/her bases.

Hey Scott! I can't figure out what we are getting either. What a pile of fun weather is huh?
I guess meteorology is both an art and a science, huh?

alpro2
01-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I had a whole bunch of clever things to say...and did so in the post I was attempting to make a few moments ago....but alas...I was bumped out and I have drawn a blank....

So what's up y'all?

After all that, is that the best you can do? :D

I'm looking for the cookies. Was Alex here this morning? That would explain the crumbs.

Not me. Do you really think that I would leave behind any crumbs? :D

Dsnygirl
01-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi all... quick zoop again.... I tried to get on earlier, but the site wouldn't load, so I just cruised around MSNBC and our local news station and checked my e-mail and generally got nothing productive done at all whilst I waited for I'cot to come back!! Sad, but true. :blush: (Can I use the excuse I was just waiting for the coffee to kick in?? I'm still a bit tired....)

Looks like it's going to be a "wintry mix" around here tonight... snow, sleet, freezing rain... hopefully it will all calm down by tomorrow, I've got some serious errands to run!! :drive:

Ellen, how are you feeling today?? Glad to see you're here and :)!! I'll be sure to let you guys know what we think about the house this weekend... the 64 dollar question will be about the heating, as the listing has it as both oil and hot water heat. We're hoping that means it's an oil-fired boiler system and not a true oil heating system with a tank in the ground... that'd be a sure-fire "no go" for us. We're going to try to find out tomorrow before we actually go to the house.... :fingers:

What's up for everybody tonight?? I'm not feeling too inspired to do much more than a bit of laundry... I was glad to go in for my OT hours last night, but I'm tired today and the couch is having a very strong pull. :blush: I'm thinking salmon for dinner, some TV time, tuck in the girls and relax with a glass of :wine: while the weather strikes... what about everyone else??

offwego
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Oil heating does not sound good! Hopefully it all works out for your Blythe.

I have to admit tonight is KD of all things. Guess no one wants to come to our place for dinner huh?

Dsnygirl
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
I have to admit tonight is KD of all things. Guess no one wants to come to our place for dinner huh?
Sorry - but what's KD?? :blush: Is it like KFC or BK or McD's?? :D

offwego
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Sorry - but what's KD?? :blush: Is it like KFC or BK or McD's?? :D

Kraft Dinner...mac and cheese in a box. Must have been speaking Canadian again. Do you forgive me?

MauiMouse
01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Kraft Dinner...mac and cheese in a box. Must have been speaking Canadian again. Do you forgive me?

Okay, that makes sense now. Mac & Cheese from Kraft I like, haven't had a good box in a long time. Hmmmm, might have to do that this work week (for me it starts tomorrow).

Ellen, no I'm not getting married, just teasing pogo. I need a man for that, not going happen any time soon I forsee. Sad, very sad.

Got my free chicken dinner so I'm all set tomorrow for lunch. Birthday months are always good for something. :D

We have that white stuff coming our way too, and I who knows how much we are going to get. I'll believe it when I see it. But Friday's commute should be super fun.

Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys are great!

January is gone and February is almost here, where is this year going to? Pretty soon it will be summer.

pogo
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
How did you guess, on both accounts.

Everyone have a good Thursday, I'm off shortly to celebrate!
Hhhmmmm.... I thought you already partied ! Did I miss something ??? :confused:

So... are you playing 9 or 18 tomorrow ?? :D

Any coffee yet?
No thanks... just had some. :D

I was glad to go in for my OT hours last night, but I'm tired today and the couch is having a very strong pull. I'm thinking salmon for dinner, some TV time, tuck in the girls and relax with a glass of :wine: while the weather strikes... what about everyone else??
I have a little work to do, but I'm waiting for Patti to finish her workout so we can have dinner. Tonight's dinner...... leftover beef stew ! :eat:

I bet that as soon as you drink one glass of wine, you'll fall asleep on the couch ! :D

Sorry - but what's KD?? Is it like KFC or BK or McD's??

Kraft Dinner...mac and cheese in a box.
One of my favorites growing up ! Now I can't eat it ! :(

pogo
01-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Ellen, no I'm not getting married, just teasing pogo. I need a man for that, not going
happen any time soon I forsee. Sad, very sad.
Teasing me ????? You are just teasing me ??? :faint:

January is gone and February is almost here, where is this year going to? Pretty soon it will be summer.
Ah yes..... bikini weather ! :thumbsup: :D

alpro2
01-31-2008, 07:25 PM
How many days until Spring, Blythe?

Tink&Goofy
01-31-2008, 08:13 PM
No skiing for me. I can't afford to risk the other knee...

A snowsuit? One piece? You're really brave!
Braver than me! :D

I'll be sure to let you guys know what we think about the house this weekend... the 64 dollar question will be about the heating, as the listing has it as both oil and hot water heat. We're hoping that means it's an oil-fired boiler system and not a true oil heating system with a tank in the ground... that'd be a sure-fire "no go" for us. We're going to try to find out tomorrow before we actually go to the house....
What are most houses around you heated with? Natural gas is the most popular around here - or just plain electric.

Tonight's dinner...... leftover beef stew ! :eat:

Great mind think alike, don't they? Thats what we are having! :)Well, all but the youngest who won't touch it...

Eeewwww:ack:

Do you really care as you watch the world go by from your couch? Or are you ready for the golf course, and just slummin' from work? :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Kraft Dinner...mac and cheese in a box. Must have been speaking Canadian again. Do you forgive me?Ahhhh the food of champions.... I understood you Nat. We have to learn these folks how to speak cannuk, don't we?

No skiing for me. I can't afford to risk the other knee...I am honestly a bit anxious about this.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am sure that I am going to fall and have to beg some smart mouthed under 12 kid to come and haul me up ... My mom talked me into it...and my (TWO PIECE) snow suit is really quite nice (camel and raspberry and cream -- not too girly :D) .

Anyone else expecting loads of snow?

Caroleh
01-31-2008, 08:41 PM

Are you or Alex wearing the bikini? :sick:

Even though I have the day off, I'm hoping it'll miss us and head further north or hit the wrong side of the lake, but I'm pretty sure someone that is full of hot air will send it up here. How many times have they been completely wrong with the forecast lately, especially when it comes to snowfall?

pogo
01-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Great mind think alike, don't they? Thats what we are having! Well, all but the youngest who won't touch it.

Yes we do ! :D

I am honestly a bit anxious about this.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and am sure that I am going to fall and have to beg some smart mouthed under 12 kid to come and haul me up ...

Be carefull Cousin...... it would take more than one smart mouthed kid under 12 to haul you up. It might take two or three. :D

We are expecting some snow, but I don't think it will be very much.

Are you or Alex wearing the bikini?
Well that depends..... Are you asking as Caroleh or Atillaeh ???? :D

Caroleh
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Well that depends..... Are you asking as Caroleh or Atillaeh ???? :D

Caroleh is inquiring, Atillaeh is demanding to know!!! :D

Isn't wanting summer to be here wishing time away? Remember life is too short to be doing that, Buddy!!!:D Winter just freezes us into longer life!!!

Dsnygirl
01-31-2008, 10:57 PM
Always... esp. since it's a dinner we love!! Add in a little salsa.... :tasty:

I bet that as soon as you drink one glass of wine, you'll fall asleep on the couch ! :D

Nope... just finishing #3, and I'm still up and wide awake!!! (:() I'm going to try to head off to bed soon, though...

Ah yes..... bikini weather !
Uggghhhh..... not ready. :sick:

49!! :D

What are most houses around you heated with? Natural gas is the most popular around here - or just plain electric.

Most are natural gas and/or electric... but here in Marcellus, it's an older, country community, so the majority of the houses are older and still have forced hot air... not sure about the oil part, but we're hoping not at this house we're going to. New houses are just appearing on the scene here...

Some snow, but lots of ice and sleet, I'm hearing. I'd rather the snow, myself...

Winter just freezes us into longer life!!!
:laughing:

Okay, I'm off to bed now... just wanted to pop in and say hi!! Hope you all have a good night -- see you tomorrow!!

Ummm... need question.... would anybody like blueberry muffins for breakfast?? :D

pogo
01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Isn't wanting summer to be here wishing time away? Remember life is too short to be doing that, Buddy!!!:D Winter just freezes us into longer life!!!I think you better go back and read that again, Atillaeh. I never said I wished it were summer. ;)

Nope... just finishing #3, and I'm still up and wide awake!!! I'm going to try to head off to bed soon, though...

Most are natural gas and/or electric... but here in Marcellus, it's an older, country community, so the majority of the houses are older and still have forced hot air... not sure about the oil part, but we're hoping not at this house we're going to. New houses are just appearing on the scene here...

Ummm... need question.... would anybody like blueberry muffins for breakfast??

Three glasses of wine would have Patti giggling.

Be careful about buying a house that heats with oil. The cost of heating fuel is sky high.

I'll take a blueberry muffin in the morning. Do you want me to leave the coffee pot on for you ?? :D

Going to bed myself.... nitey, nite... :sleepin:

pogo
02-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Good mornig all........ hello ...... anybody here ?? :search:

Our power has gone off and on all night because of the weather and right now we have it so I better hit the "submit reply" button before it goes out again.

I hope you all have a safe day today and a wonderful weekend ! :D

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 08:27 AM
I think you better go back and read that again, Atillaeh. I never said I wished it were summer. ;)

I know that, Buddy!! I just wanted to put in a reminder about wishing our lives away!!! :D

Also Atillaeh, doesn't really come out very much!! 99.9 % of the time Carol is around. It's just that .1% that you have to watch. Atilla comes out when people treats me like I'm a second class citizen or less then human. Atilla is actually my defense mechanism.

Is anyone else having this mess of snow?

disneydrmr
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Morning and Happy Friday! Sounds like my use of my super duper high powered fan worked and I managed to blow all our winter weather to the north. :D All of you please stay safe!

Alex - tomorrow you will get your official answer one how much longer until Spring... Mr. Groundhog will gladly tell you!

Any muffins left?

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 09:22 AM

Is there anything special happening in the Spring that we all should know about?:secret:

disneydrmr
02-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Is there anything special happening in the Spring that we all should know about?:secret:

Yeah.. the tulips all bloom.. and we all know that Alex just LOVES to tiptoe thru the tulips.. wearing his hot pink shorts and his lime green tube top! :D

Can somebody please email me a question to use?

alpro2
02-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Do you really care as you watch the world go by from your couch? Or are you ready for the golf course, and just slummin' from work? :D
I am not allowed to ski and skate (yet). The stagnation is just killing me. I guess that is making this winter seem colder.

Are you or Alex wearing the bikini?

And you say this facetiously? :D

49!!

Thank you, Blythe. My goodness me....I ask a simple question, and all the philosophers come out. :D

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
And you say this facetiously? :D

I'm guessing you will look better in the bikini!!!

I'd ask you to come and help pack, but it isn't good for you to do that right now. See, I CAN be nice!!!:blush:

How come it takes forever to pack, but little time to unpack? Or is it I have become a professional unpacker?

disneydrmr
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
How come it takes forever to pack, but little time to unpack? Or is it I have become a professional unpacker?

Hmmm.. I'm thinking it's just you cause I can pack in no time.. it's the unpacking I have trouble with. I even know people who have been in their homes for several years now and STILL have packed boxes in their garages/basements.

THANKS KEN! :D
"Can somebody else send me a question by e-mail?"
:D

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Hmmm.. I'm thinking it's just you cause I can pack in no time.. it's the unpacking I have trouble with. I even know people who have been in their homes for several years now and STILL have packed boxes in their garages/basements.

THANKS KEN! :D
:D

Do you think it might have to do with the fact that I hate packing? For some reason, every time I have moved in my adult life I'm the only one that does the packing. I can never get anyone else in the household to help. Maybe I'll need o get Atillaeh out and scare the hee bee gee bees out of Gilles!!

disneydeb
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Why is packing for vacation so much fun and unpacking after a vacation is a real pain?

Nascfan
02-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Happy Friday gang!
Does anyone want any snow? We have plenty of extra.

BriarRose0708
02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Do you know what it's like to be pied in the face? Here (http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/BriarRose0708/kimpiesme.jpg), let me show you!

That's my friend Kim shoving the plate of whipped cream in my face. We did a fundraiser on Wednesday and my entire staff (http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/BriarRose0708/staffpies.jpg) were targets. Needless to say I hated every minute and will never do that again!

Happy Friday! My week has flown by, I don't know about you. I hope all of you in the Northeast are getting through this awful weather!

pogo
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Is anyone else having this mess of snow?
We had more slush than snow ! Want some ?? :D

Morning and Happy Friday! Sounds like my use of my super duper high powered fan worked and I managed to blow all our winter weather to the north.
So your the one to blame ???? :confused:

Is there anything special happening in the Spring that we all should know about?
He gets to shave his legs !:D

THANKS KEN!
I already did ! :D

Why is packing for vacation so much fun and unpacking after a vacation is a real pain?
Do you really want to know ??? Women tend to overpack.... like three outfits for every day. When you get home you have to unpack all the stuff that you carried and never worn. That's why. :thumbsup:

Men on the other hand, can pack a small carry on bag for a five day trip and just dump everything on the laundry room floor after we get home. :D

Happy Friday gang!
Does anyone want any snow? We have plenty of extra.No.... no.... and no ! But thanks for asking. :blush:

Do you know what it's like to be pied in the face? Here (http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/BriarRose0708/kimpiesme.jpg), let me show you!

That's my friend Kim shoving the plate of whipped cream in my face. We did a fundraiser on Wednesday and my entire staff (http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee253/BriarRose0708/staffpies.jpg) were targets. Needless to say I hated every minute and will never do that again!

Happy Friday! My week has flown by, I don't know about you. I hope all of you in the Northeast are getting through this awful weather!

OMG..... that was so funny ! :D

disneydeb
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I'll be out of pocket for the next few, try to be good while I'm gone. I'm gonna try to get rid of this yuck that is still hanging around. Will I be missed?:D

BriarRose0708
02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
OMG..... that was so funny ! :D

I laugh about it now, but I wasn't then!

i'm going to The Roost for a friend's birthday tonight. Have you ever been?

disneydrmr
02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Do you think it might have to do with the fact that I hate packing? For some reason, every time I have moved in my adult life I'm the only one that does the packing. I can never get anyone else in the household to help. Maybe I'll need o get Atillaeh out and scare the hee bee gee bees out of Gilles!!

You could always use a cast iron skillet over the head! I'm sure that will line him up to help you!

Because you know that everything you unpack has to go to the laundry...

Happy Friday gang!
Does anyone want any snow? We have plenty of extra.

NO!! You keep all that white stuff up there in the frozen north where it belongs! Stay safe!

THANK YOU for the laugh! I needed that today! That is too funny!

So your the one to blame ???? :confused:

Um.. if you need someone to blame.. then sure! Blame me! I'm used to it right now...

I'll be out of pocket for the next few, try to be good while I'm gone. I'm gonna try to get rid of this yuck that is still hanging around. Will I be missed?:D

YES! You will be greatly missed! I hope you get better quick and they figure out what's wrong. Take care of yourself! :hug:

I still need a question... who depleted my supply of them?

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 03:58 PM
1. We had more slush than snow ! Want some ?? :D

2. Do you really want to know ??? Women tend to overpack.... like three outfits for every day. When you get home you have to unpack all the stuff that you carried and never worn. That's why. :thumbsup:

1. Only if you take our snow!!!

2. Not all women overpack!!! :D If I had overpacked for the Disney trip I wouldn't have had to buy shirts!! I usually pack just enough. I think Gilles packed more then me!! :D

Take care, Deb. Of course, we'll miss you!!!:pixie::pixie:

Has anyone seen my question? I think it got buried in the snow.

Dsnygirl
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi all... just a quick zoop again... the girls were home from school today, so it's been a bit of a "play day"!! Unfort., the roads are so bad that no errands got run, but lots of paperwork did, so that's okay, too. ;)

Be careful about buying a house that heats with oil. The cost of heating fuel is sky high.

I'll take a blueberry muffin in the morning. Do you want me to leave the coffee pot on for you ?? :D

We may not even get the chance to consider the house... they have a "contingent offer" on it already. :( Of course, we would be non-contingent, so we could probably get it if we wanted to, but it would also make the asking price higher to be competitive, and I'm not sure I want to get into that. We're still going to look at it, but it'll have to be the "perfect" house for us to work that hard to get it. Of course, we did lose a house we loved a few years ago that we'd put in a contingent offer on... they rec'd a non-contingent one days after ours, and we recinded our offer.... so justice would prevail if we got this house... but again, it'd have to be oil-free and just what we're looking for at this point. Sigh... :(

Hope you enjoyed the blueberry muffins, and thanks for keeping the coffee pot on... I didn't fall asleep very well last night, so after I got the girls settled for a "stay home" day, I layed down for a little nap since I have to work tonight. Getting up to a warm coffee pot was just the thing!! :thumbsup:

I'll be out of pocket for the next few, try to be good while I'm gone. I'm gonna try to get rid of this yuck that is still hanging around. Will I be missed?
Of course you will be -- hope you arrive back feeling much better!! :)

Gotta zoop out and get dinner going... maybe I'll see you from work tonight, but probably not... all this rain, ice & slush probably has the babies all on their way!!

drummerboy
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Do you know what it's like to be pied in the face? That's my friend Kim shoving the plate of whipped cream in my face.
I've done many a skit with shaving-cream pies in the face. :sick: Looks like somebody got blueberry. Was it at least tasty?

I've also been pie-eyed a few times, but that's a different story.

Has everybody had a fun Friday? Anybody going out to look for their shadow tomorrow?

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM

Has everybody had a fun Friday? Anybody going out to look for their shadow tomorrow?

You pie-eyed? NEVER!!!:D

If packing is fun, then I had it!! It depends if the sun is out or we get more snow.

Mickey'sGirl
02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Hmmm.. I'm thinking it's just you cause I can pack in no time.. it's the unpacking I have trouble with. I even know people who have been in their homes for several years now and STILL have packed boxes in their garages/basements.Guilty! Do you think this has anything to do with my aversion to the basement ?(I have only been downstairs about 4 times -- One of the reasons our Laundry Room is up on the Second level!)

I'll be out of pocket for the next few, try to be good while I'm gone. I'm gonna try to get rid of this yuck that is still hanging around. Will I be missed?:D:hug: Always! Take care of yourself Deb -- I hope you are all patched up soon!

It's not my story -- but my Dad tells me that at Brian's stag, my poor DH only had great big black pupils -- no Iris to be seen. Definitely pie eyed!
Has everybody had a fun Friday? Anybody going out to look for their shadow tomorrow?There has been an awful lot of snow dropped here -- I think the poor Groundhog will need a backhoe to help him out of his hole in the first place. Do you thing DDBHS could give a rodent a hand?

Tink&Goofy
02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Men on the other hand, can pack a small carry on bag for a five day trip and just dump everything on the laundry room floor after we get home. ....for the wife to wash for them.....:shake:

We may not even get the chance to consider the house... they have a "contingent offer" on it already. :( Of course, we would be non-contingent, so we could probably get it if we wanted to, but it would also make the asking price higher to be competitive, and I'm not sure I want to get into that. We're still going to look at it, but it'll have to be the "perfect" house for us to work that hard to get it. Of course, we did lose a house we loved a few years ago that we'd put in a contingent offer on... they rec'd a non-contingent one days after ours, and we recinded our offer.... so justice would prevail if we got this house... but again, it'd have to be oil-free and just what we're looking for at this point. Sigh... :(

Don't let a contingent offer scare you away. We too have lost out on houses that we had to put contingent offers on. You guys are in the perfect buying position!
Check in from work, if you can! :)

:blush: I resemble that remark! I don't mind the packing - its the unpacking that drives me crazy - trying to figure out where everything belongs.

All I can say is TGIF! I was running on very little sleep today, and boy did that make it a long day! So a nice cozy evening in suits me just fine. Maybe a glass of wine. Anyone have big plans for the weekend? (besides a somewhat popular game that will be on, so we can watch the commercials! :blush:)

ElenitaB
02-01-2008, 08:45 PM
So when are you going skiing, Jenn? How did things go today? Have fun on the slopes, snow bunny!

You sure will! Feel better soon! :pixie:

I don't mind the packing - its the unpacking that drives me crazy
Is that similar to the laundry situation? I don't mind doing laundry or folding it. It's putting away that I hate.

Have a great night, everyone!

mouseaddict
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Good evening everyone..I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. All I can think of is that 1 week from tonight I will be enjoying EMH at Epcot!
Ellen...are you ready for your cruise? I am green with envy! But DH is thinking maybe Christmas should be spent on a boat this year..so cross your fingers for me!
Shouldn't we be finding out whether Jym will be the father of a princess or a prince soon?? I am anxious!

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Shouldn't we be finding out whether Jym will be the father of a princess or a prince soon?? I am anxious!

He said it would be the beginning of March.

What's on the agenda for the weekend? Tomorrow I have to work then we're going out for dinner since Sunday is Gilles birthday. Sunday we might see if we can sneak into the house and, of course, get ready for the move. Gilles wants new pots and pans for his birthday, so he's going to be getting a REALLY good set.

Tink&Goofy
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Is that similar to the laundry situation? I don't mind doing laundry or folding it. It's putting away that I hate.

:ditto:

Tomorrow I have to work then we're going out for dinner since Sunday is Gilles birthday. Sunday we might see if we can sneak into the house and, of course, get ready for the move. Gilles wants new pots and pans for his birthday, so he's going to be getting a REALLY good set.
Happy early Birthday Gilles! :party:
Pots and pans? Really? Does he do the cooking? I could never be that lucky.

I'm finally warm! I was sooo cold driving home, but I was so tired that I had to turn the heater off because it was making me sleepy! :blush: Better to be cold, than asleep at the wheel! :yes:

Caroleh
02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Happy early Birthday Gilles! :party:
Pots and pans? Really? Does he do the cooking? I could never be that lucky.

He says thanks T & G. Yep, he does the cooking. My DD when we got married told him if he wanted to live that he needed to do the cooking, because if he ate mine, he'd die.:D I'm the baker. I make wonderful, very fattening cheesecakes.

Is everyone keeping warm?

Beast_fanatic
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
Do you know what it's like to be pied in the face?

Is it good for the complexion? ;)

Of course you'll be missed! Good luck getting rid of the yuck! :pixie:

I make wonderful, very fattening cheesecakes.

Is everyone keeping warm?

Don't you think I'd be warmer if you made me one of those cheesecakes? :tasty:

Tink&Goofy
02-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Don't you think I'd be warmer if you made me one of those cheesecakes? :tasty:
How about chocolate cheesecake? I know that would make ME warmer! :blush:

Natazu
02-02-2008, 06:31 AM
How about chocolate cheesecake? I know that would make ME warmer! :blush:I'll bring the coffee... or tea?

Shouldn't we be finding out whether Jym will be the father of a princess or a prince soon??Yes, I can't wait to find out if I'm going to be a king or a queen.

We have registered at Babies-R-Us, under Rachel and James Resciniti. I don't know what we've registered for but I'm sure it's all pretty expensive so bring your checkbooks. ;)

Caroleh
02-02-2008, 07:57 AM
How about chocolate cheesecake? I know that would make ME warmer! :blush:

I snagged Gilles by making him a turtle cheesecake!! He says he still remembers the ooey gooey caramel.

Jym, how soon are you taking the little one to WDW? I thought maybe you'd have to take Rachel there for the birth!!:D

BronxTigger
02-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Yes, I can't wait to find out if I'm going to be a king or a queen.

Wouldn't you be the king regardless of if the baby was a prince or a princess? :confused:

Good morning everybody! I hope today is a relaxing Saturday for everybody!

drummerboy
02-02-2008, 09:35 AM
He says thanks T & G. Yep, he does the cooking. My DD when we got married told him if he wanted to live that he needed to do the cooking, because if he ate mine, he'd die.:D
I can do the cooking if I have to, but DW is much better at it. It amazes me the things she can concoct when it looks like the cupboard is bare.

Jym, just think of all the honorary Uncles and Aunts that young'un will have. Speaking of young'uns, one of our attorneys here who's in her late thirties just found out that her first "child" is going to be twins. Fortunately, her husband also has a good job, so she can shut down her practice for a while.

Anybody else have Toaster Scramblers for breakfast? (I know Jenn, I'm departing from routine, but it's the weekend.)

offwego
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Do you really want to know ??? Women tend to overpack.... like three outfits for every day. When you get home you have to unpack all the stuff that you carried and never worn. That's why. :
Pogo I've told ya and told ya..it's not overpacking it's contingency planning.

Always... esp. since it's a dinner we love!! Add in a little salsa.... :

How freaky is this..we did put in Salsa which we hardly ever do. I'm normally a tobasco person. How on earth did you do that Blythe? Happy weekend everyone!

Natazu
02-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Jym, how soon are you taking the little one to WDW? I thought maybe you'd have to take Rachel there for the birth!!:DI'm not really of the "drag the baby around WDW" school. But, MIL and FIL have an RV so we can put them in at FW and have as much time as we want at the parks. We'll probably skip most of F&W this year as the baby will be about 8 weeks. We may shoot down for a weekend and a PftS but I'm not sure yet. Anybody wanna come house/babysit?

Wouldn't you be the king regardless of if the baby was a prince or a princess? That would be good. I'm afraid if I become queen, I'll have to borrow clothes from Alex and Pogo.

Jym, just think of all the honorary Uncles and Aunts that young'un will have. There's plenty of honorary ones for sure. The official ones have already sent gifts. :D

Beast_fanatic
02-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Anybody else have Toaster Scramblers for breakfast? (I know Jenn, I'm departing from routine, but it's the weekend.)

No, I had oatmeal today. Hubby had a work thing, so we didn't go out for breakfast as we normally do on the weekend, and I've been neglecting my oatmeal during the week lately.

Anyone want to go for a bike ride with me? I pulled hubby's bike down off the wall (his was easier to get to than mine) and aired the tires up and went for a spin around the neighborhood! It's the first time I've ridden in years. I'm hoping to get into more of a habit of doing it. It's a perfect day for bicycling - in the 60's with very little wind. Who's coming down?

pjbs35a
02-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Anyone want to go for a bike ride with me?

Did I see you riding with this guy ???

BBQ Rider Sees Error of Eastern Freeway Ways

THE motorcyclist who was photographed riding on the Eastern Freeway with a barbecue strapped to his body has admitted it wasn't a bright idea.

And "Stuart" is also having second thoughts about an earlier incident when he hauled a two-seater couch on his motorbike.

"I do think it was dangerous," he said yesterday.

"I don't think I'll carry anything but a pillion passenger from now on."

Stuart, 27, who didn't want his real name revealed, was ridiculed when the Herald Sun published a photo yesterday of his barbecue escapade.

An astonished motorist had snapped him while he was transporting the barbecue on the Eastern Freeway on Sunday evening.

Police were not impressed and started an investigation.

Stuart, who migrated from New Zealand in August, said he picked up the barbecue left on a nature strip for a hard rubbish collection.

A Buddhist, he had been returning home from a temple in Box Hill.

"I've been known to be a bit strange and to see things differently," he said.

"It was the challenge (of transporting the barbecue) more than the thing itself."

But Stuart didn't count on the reaction of work and housemates who teased him after recognising the rider in the photo. "I wouldn't do it again, it was too embarrassing," he said.

Stuart said he recently ferried a couch on his bike from Keilor Downs to his Sydenham flat. "People say it can't be done, but I proved them wrong," he said.

Stuart's housemates said they weren't too surprised when they saw yesterday's photo in the Herald Sun.

"He does some crazy things, it's something that he would do," said one housemate.

pogo
02-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Pogo I've told ya and told ya..it's not overpacking it's contingency planning.
Yeah... I know what you told me...... but why oh why carry an extra 50 pounds of clothes and not even use them ??? :confused:

I'm not really of the "drag the baby around WDW" school. But, MIL and FIL have an RV so we can put them in at FW and have as much time as we want at the parks. We'll probably skip most of F&W this year as the baby will be about 8 weeks. We may shoot down for a weekend and a PftS but I'm not sure yet. Anybody wanna come house/babysit?
Not really but I will volunteer to use your DVC points so you don't lose them ! :D

Anyone want to go for a bike ride with me? I pulled hubby's bike down off the wall (his was easier to get to than mine) and aired the tires up and went for a spin around the neighborhood! It's the first time I've ridden in years. I'm hoping to get into more of a habit of doing it. It's a perfect day for bicycling - in the 60's with very little wind. Who's coming down?
I will but I'd need snow tires on my bike ! :D

Wouldn't you be the king regardless of if the baby was a prince or a princess?
He'd have to be the King because Rachels maiden name was Queen, was'nt it Jym ??? :blush:

We have registered at Babies-R-Us, under Rachel and James Resciniti. I don't know what we've registered for but I'm sure it's all pretty expensive so bring your checkbooks.
Sorry buddy... I gave at the office, remember ? :D

i'm going to The Roost for a friend's birthday tonight. Have you ever been?
Yes I have..... sorry I didn't read this until now or we might have come down to see you. :(

We are fixing dinner and drinking a Lapu lapu so I'd better go tend to it. See you all later :D

ElenitaB
02-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Sending :pixie: to Deb to help her evict the "junk"!

Pogo, you've made Lapu Lapus? Did you hollow out a :papple: and everything?

I can offer Mickey waffles in the morning if anyone would like some! Bring marshmallows and we can have hot cocoa to go with them.

pogo
02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Pogo, you've made Lapu Lapus? Did you hollow out a :papple: and everything?
No I didn't. We just mixed them and put it into a glass. Did I disappoint you ? :confused:

Dsnygirl
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi guys!! Just checking in... sorry I've been AWOL for awhile... just busy!! I tried to post last night from work, but I got kicked off before my post was finished. :( And I hate trying to re-do them...

I hope you all have had a great Saturday and Deb, I hope you're feeling better!!

Well, we went to see "the house" today, and I am happy to say that although it has a lot of things going for it, and Dan actually like it better than I did, which is saying a lot... I think we are just going to hang tight in our little cape here and put in an offer after we have it inspected this week. The house we looked at was great - but it also had not been updated in any way in years, and for the $$ plus the $$ we would have to put into it, it'd take a lot of our time and quite a bit of our extra $$ to get it how we'd like it... and we're just not up for that at this point. We'd rather have the smaller house and the extra $$ to play with... plus, with the economy being what it is, I think we feel safer just settling back and waiting to see what happens from our little hidey-hole here. So - now you can cross your fingers and send pixie dust that the owners accept our offer... and then I can start planning for Disney!! :blush: No, not really... first come some minor reno's... then the trip. :( Oh well... a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do, and the kitchen here will be AMAZING when we're done with it!! (Well, amazing compared to now... certainly not magazine quality, but hey - we'll love it!!)

My MIL is here, so I'm going to hang out with her and Dan and Julia 'til we tuck Julia in... see you all later maybe!!

(Did I ask a question?? :blush:)

mouseaddict
02-02-2008, 09:51 PM
We have registered at Babies-R-Us, under Rachel and James Resciniti. I don't know what we've registered for but I'm sure it's all pretty expensive so bring your checkbooks. ;)
Jym, you are now learning about the hormone that is released during pregnancy that causes women to spend hours upon hours shopping at Babies'r'us..Wait till you know what you are having..you will be in there revising everything! Repeat after me "Yes that is adorable..of course we should buy it"

If you are desperate, we are only 2 hrs from the World..I can always use an excuse for another trip! BTW, I am waiting patiently for the all new "top 7" dining with infants!

Beast_fanatic
02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Jym, you are now learning about the hormone that is released during pregnancy that causes women to spend hours upon hours shopping at Babies'r'us..Wait till you know what you are having..you will be in there revising everything! Repeat after me "Yes that is adorable..of course we should buy it"

If you are desperate, we are only 2 hrs from the World..I can always use an excuse for another trip! BTW, I am waiting patiently for the all new "top 7" dining with infants!

Michelle, did you forget a little something? :nono: (specifically, your question?)

drummerboy
02-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Michelle, did you forget a little something? :nono: (specifically, your question?)
Shoud we call the next thread "Just (Forgot the) Questions?"

Went to our fest band's annual party tonight. DD2 (who sometimes sings with the band and was therefore invited) drove and her husband went too. the food was fantastic. We had an entire lounge to ourselves from 5-9, with a gourmet buffet. I had a few :marg: (Closest I can get to what I really had) but they must have been watered down, because I could still feel my mouth and my teeth weren't numb.

some of the members brought their horns, so we had some musical entertainment. A couple of girls who didn't realize it was a private party came in off the street, heard the polka music, and high-tailed it right out of there. :D

mouseaddict
02-02-2008, 11:03 PM
OOPS! I originally had the top 7 in a question form...but re-wrote it..am I forgiven?

Natazu
02-02-2008, 11:27 PM
OOPS! I originally had the top 7 in a question form...but re-wrote it..am I forgiven?
I use my power over all things regarding Top-7s to bestow forgiveness. That due?

Beast_fanatic
02-02-2008, 11:31 PM

Of course! But, could you do me a favor? Could you go in my kitchen and get me an ounce of cheese and then go into the bathroom and get me some Advil? I don't think the bicycling :bike: agreed with my legs and lower back. Does that mean I'm :old: ?

Caroleh
02-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't think the bicycling :bike: agreed with my legs and lower back. Does that mean I'm :old: ?

Oh Rhonda, I know what you mean. When I cut out my fabric last week my hips and lower back was killing me. I still refuse to grow old!!

Your not as old as Pogo and Ken are you? Sorry I needed a question.

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Is there anybody as old as Pogo and Ken? (But we're not so old that we can't read the fine print, eh?) :nono: :D

Tink&Goofy
02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Hello, hello, hello?
Is there anybody in there???:confused:
Its just been waaaaay to quiet here lately.

Why do I feel like all of my JQ friends have flown the coop? Should I take it personally?:blush:
I miss my friends...:pout::sad:

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
I''m zooping in and out. I've got about ten projects at once going.

Anybody else enjoying semi-springlike weather?

dlpmikki
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Hello, hello, hello?

Why do I feel like all of my JQ friends have flown the coop? Should I take it personally?:blush:
I miss my friends...:pout::sad:

We had a pancake church service today in someones house as the Church is more than a little cold. A nice idea and lots of children. What do you think they plan for next month's family service?

We followed that by going to the village pub and trying out the new menu. Not bad at all and we were quite stuffed at the end of it. Andrew had the Sunday Roast which turned out to be chicken and beef plus all the trimmings and I had a steak sizzler which was yummy with blue cheese on top and a salad side. We then came home and slept it off! :blush:

We're here now though. Will that do?

pogo
02-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh Rhonda, I know what you mean. When I cut out my fabric last week my hips and lower back was killing me. I still refuse to grow old!!
Don't you think it's a little too late for that ? :confused:

Is there anybody as old as Pogo and Ken? (But we're not so old that we can't read the fine print, eh?)
Well said Big Guy ! :thumbsup:

Hello, hello, hello?

Why do I feel like all of my JQ friends have flown the coop? Should I take it personally?
I miss my friends.
:hi: T&G.... I'm here every now and then on the weekends !

We are getting ready for Super Bowl ! :thumbsup:

We had a pancake church service today in someones house as the Church is more than a little cold. A nice idea and lots of children. What do you think they plan for next month's family service?

We followed that by going to the village pub and trying out the new menu. Not bad at all and we were quite stuffed at the end of it. Andrew had the Sunday Roast which turned out to be chicken and beef plus all the trimmings and I had a steak sizzler which was yummy with blue cheese on top and a salad side. We then came home and slept it off!

We're here now though. Will that do?

:hi: Dutchess..... that will do just fine ! So.... you had to come home and sleep it off ??? :D

ElenitaB
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
It most certainly will do!

How is everyone today? Who's watching the game?

Can I take a nap this afternoon? It might be rude though as we have a JQ guest. :blush:

Beast_fanatic
02-03-2008, 05:00 PM

Is there anybody as old as Pogo and Ken? (But we're not so old that we can't read the fine print, eh?) :nono: :D

Should I be frightened? I had the exact same thought as Ken!

Anybody else enjoying semi-springlike weather?

Yep! It's in the mid-70's here! :sun:

Can I take a nap this afternoon? It might be rude though as we have a JQ guest. :blush:

We do? Should we tidy up the place?

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Should I be frightened? I had the exact same thought as Ken!
I'd sure be frightened. :thedolls:

We do? Should we tidy up the place?
You really should pick up all those :nono: you've been leaving all over the place. Somebody might trip on one.

Anybody wanna help me with my projects?

Caroleh
02-03-2008, 05:36 PM

Well, I know the only way Gilles would see it was to put on his reading glasses. I was figuring that would be the same way with Pogo!!!:D

Don't you think it's a little too late for that ? :confused:

It's never to late to refuse grow old!! I keep getting younger every day, don't you?

Anybody wanna help me with my projects?

Only if you help me with the packing. I've actually managed to get rid of a lot of old magazines and other older books we no longer needed. Today we went out looking for a coffee table, dressers, dining table and chairs, storage ideas and decorative items and I think we found everything we wanted!! Gota love Ikea and Pier 1!!:D Last night when we were heading home from the restruant we went to I found a new Disney store that was opening soon and in my favourite shopping area. I'm really excited!!

Beast_fanatic
02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I went bicycling :bike: again! :yay: I had to change pants first (so my jeans wouldn't get caught in the chain) and move my husband's truck out of the garage (so I could get the bike out), and I still did it! Aren't you surprised?

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I went bicycling :bike: again! :yay: I had to change pants first (so my jeans wouldn't get caught in the chain) and move my husband's truck out of the garage (so I could get the bike out), and I still did it! Aren't you surprised?
Changed into your spandex did you?

Did you just lift the truck up and move it or did you have keys? :D

Tink&Goofy
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
You really should pick up all those :nono: you've been leaving all over the place. Somebody might trip on one.:funny:

So how are you feeling this evening?

Well, we have the TV on the Super Bowl, but not watching it real close. I'm trying to watch the ads, but since that is normally what I tune out on TV, its really hard to break that habit! We enjoyed the half time show, though - simple, and good music. What did everyone else think?

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Some time back, I promised that I would put up some shots of my cabinet work when I finally got webshots set up. So, here (http://community.webshots.com/album/562358350tDMqsj) are some shots.

One is my office. I made the desk, credenza and bookcases. DW had somebody make me the replica of a train station that used to be here that you see on another cabinet. Look closely, and you can spot some Mickey items on the bookshelves.

The other shots are the initial installation of the last phase of our kitchen makeover. The tall, darker cabinets were done first, then all the overhead cabinets came down and the open shelving went up, then the island (actually a 'peninsula') went in, and finally all the lighter cabinets aroung the sink, stove and dishwasher. The new dishwasher isn't blue--that's the protective plastic covering that came with it. All the parts and pieces were in my workshop for months while I was making them, and I had a week, with the help of DD2's husband, to get it all installed.

There was a lot of painting and staining done after the pictures were taken.

Waddya think?

Caroleh
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Waddya think?

Wow!!! You are a very talented man, Ken!!! I admire you!! Do you want more praise?

Tink&Goofy
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Waddya think?
That is amazing Ken! WOW! I am impressed!!
So....how are you at building say a dinette set??:blush: (and no, pogo, we haven't bought one yet....)

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow!!! You are a very talented man, Ken!!! I admire you!! Do you want more praise?
Every little bit helps.:D I was praise-deprived as a child, bless my heart.

Just got off the phone with DW. It was nice to hear her voice. She said that she and her friend were at the flea market again today and sat talking with a couple of older gentlemen while they had lunch. Apparantly they were talking for a while and one of the men smiled but didn't answer and the other wouldn't look at them. Finally their wives came with their food and started talking to them...in Swedish or something. Evidently neither of them spoke English. :blush: <-- that's for DW and her friend.

Anybody got some cookies? I forgot to stock up before DW left.

mouseaddict
02-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I use my power over all things regarding Top-7s to bestow forgiveness. That due?
Oh thank you your royal highness, king of all top 7's!

Of course! But, could you do me a favor? Could you go in my kitchen and get me an ounce of cheese and then go into the bathroom and get me some Advil? I don't think the bicycling :bike: agreed with my legs and lower back. Does that mean I'm :old: ?
How about some tylenol 1's??? It does not mean that you are old..it means that you exercised vigorously...does that sound good?

I am abou tto pour a nice rum cream after a very long day at work..anyone want to join me?

Beast_fanatic
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Changed into your spandex did you?

Did you just lift the truck up and move it or did you have keys? :D

:eek: I reserve Spandex for Alex to wear.

And, I had keys smarty-pants. ;)

So how are you feeling this evening?

Well, we have the TV on the Super Bowl, but not watching it real close. I'm trying to watch the ads, but since that is normally what I tune out on TV, its really hard to break that habit! We enjoyed the half time show, though - simple, and good music. What did everyone else think?

I'm feeling pretty good - not nearly as sore as last night even though I rode longer today. :thumbsup:

As far as the half time show, they called it a spectacular, and I'm not sure I'd call it that, but I did like it better than a lot of their efforts simply because it wasn't crazy.

Waddya think?

Very nice! I'm glad that you don't serve anyone on a horse in your bar though. ;)

How about some tylenol 1's??? It does not mean that you are old..it means that you exercised vigorously...does that sound good?

I am abou tto pour a nice rum cream after a very long day at work..anyone want to join me?

What's a Tylenol 1? And, why didn't you offer me a nice rum cream last night when I was sore?

ElenitaB
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Good for you, Rhonda! I'm really impressed. Getting back on a bike is on my "Top 7" things I want to do this year.

Ken, those cabinets are gorgeous. You're such a Renaissance man! All that and that great accent on top of it! :norworth:

Y'all are making me feel very inadequate tonight.

Is it the 4th of July? Because with all the whooping and hollering and fireworks going on here tonight, you could easily make the mistake. :woohoo:

drummerboy
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Ken, those cabinets are gorgeous. You're such a Renaissance man! All that and that great accent on top of it! :norworth:
Accent? What accent? :D 'Course, here we say renny-zance.

I had a couple of those corbels left over (got a little carried away with the saber saw), and we turned them upside down and used the shapes (painted black) to make cash registers for one of DD's shows. Guess you had to be there.

pogo
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Some time back, I promised that I would put up some shots of my cabinet work when I finally got webshots set up. So, here (http://community.webshots.com/album/562358350tDMqsj) are some shots.

One is my office. I made the desk, credenza and bookcases. DW had somebody make me the replica of a train station that used to be here that you see on another cabinet. Look closely, and you can spot some Mickey items on the bookshelves.

The other shots are the initial installation of the last phase of our kitchen makeover. The tall, darker cabinets were done first, then all the overhead cabinets came down and the open shelving went up, then the island (actually a 'peninsula') went in, and finally all the lighter cabinets aroung the sink, stove and dishwasher. The new dishwasher isn't blue--that's the protective plastic covering that came with it. All the parts and pieces were in my workshop for months while I was making them, and I had a week, with the help of DD2's husband, to get it all installed.

There was a lot of painting and staining done after the pictures were taken.

Waddya think?
Very nice..... did you really make them or buy them at Sears ?? :D

So....how are you at building say a dinette set?? (and no, pogo, we haven't bought one yet....)

:shake:

Just got off the phone with DW. It was nice to hear her voice. She said that she and her friend were at the flea market again today and sat talking with a couple of older gentlemen while they had lunch. Apparantly they were talking for a while and one of the men smiled but didn't answer and the other wouldn't look at them. Finally their wives came with their food and started talking to them...in Swedish or something. Evidently neither of them spoke English. :blush: <-- that's for DW and her friend.
She probably thought it was just like talking to you....... you never listen either ! :D

Oh thank you your royal highness, king of all top 7's!

Please don't cause his head to get any bigger !

Is it the 4th of July? Because with all the whooping and hollering and fireworks going on here tonight, you could easily make the mistake. :woohoo:

No ..... the New Jersey Giants just won the Super Bowl ! That's all! :D

Going to bed... ate too much...... drank to much......... See you in the morning....... Nitey, nite......:sleepin:

Tink&Goofy
02-03-2008, 11:35 PM
So....how are you at building say a dinette set??:blush: (and no, pogo, we haven't bought one yet....)
We can't find a local place to get the one we found - and if we order it online, then we would have to assemble it - not something I want to do, when you spend that kind of money.

As far as the half time show, they called it a spectacular, and I'm not sure I'd call it that, but I did like it better than a lot of their efforts simply because it wasn't crazy.
Maybe thats why I liked it - it wasn't over the top - but still entertaining.

So anything exciting on tap for tomorrow? Not much here. 'Nite to you sleepy heads - I'm watching PoTC tonight! :D

Dsnygirl
02-04-2008, 12:14 AM
We enjoyed the half time show, though - simple, and good music. What did everyone else think?
:ditto: I enjoyed it very much... a lot better than the craziness they've had the last few years!! :thumbsup: And you're right... reminding yourself to pay attention to the commercials is hard!! But I found a few I really enjoyed... esp. the one w/ the Clydesdales and the Dalmation helping "Hank" train... that was awesome. :)

Waddya think?
They're amazing!! If I promise you some really good Northern dining and stimulating conversations with 2 lovely little girls... free board... all equipment supplied... will you come do our kitchen, please?? Oh, and our new desk, too... that'd be perfect... your work is awesome!!!

Going to bed... ate too much...... drank to much......... See you in the morning....... Nitey, nite......:sleepin:
:ditto: Ugh... Dan got out the chili dogs when he got home... just had to have one with my wine... now I wish I hadn't!! :blush:

G'nite, all....

Natazu
02-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Anybody wanna help me with my projects?Yeah. I tipe real good.

Changed into your spandex did you?ENOUGH ;)

No ..... the New Jersey Giants just won the Super Bowl ! Oh, did they? I've been watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. We recorded the Superbowl so we can watch the commercials later.

trackbarroness
02-04-2008, 05:28 AM
I did watch a bit of the half time show. I thought it was pretty good, and mellow. :thumbsup:
Does anyone want any :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: If so help yourselves their in the freezer.
So do you suppose any of the Giants team will be visiting Stitch? :D Or just bypassing him becuase he's such a stinker? :D Lololol
Two more sleeps and it's off to SSR. Okay, okay I'll stop, okay maybe for now I'll stop.
have a magical day

pogo
02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
We can't find a local place to get the one we found - and if we order it online, then we would have to assemble it - not something I want to do, when you spend that kind of money.

So anything exciting on tap for tomorrow? I don't blame you for not ordering it if you have to put it together.

Let's se... anything exciting fot tomorrow.....
Nope... just working and trying to earn some Disney Dollars. :D

Dan got out the chili dogs when he got home... just had to have one with my wine... now I wish I hadn't!!
Wine with chili ??? :shake: No Dear Blythe.... you need a good Lager with that ! ;)

Oh, did they? I've been watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.
Awwww... how cute ! :D

Two more sleeps and it's off to SSR. Okay, okay I'll stop, okay maybe for now I'll stop.
have a magical day
Good for you Sandy ! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your stay at SSR ! :D

mouseaddict
02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I did watch a bit of the half time show. I thought it was pretty good, and mellow. :thumbsup:
Does anyone want any :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: If so help yourselves their in the freezer.
So do you suppose any of the Giants team will be visiting Stitch? :D Or just bypassing him becuase he's such a stinker? :D Lololol
have a magical day
Hey..we are heading to SSR on Friday for the weekend...will you still be there?

What's a Tylenol 1? And, why didn't you offer me a nice rum cream last night when I was sore?
Tylenol 1 is sold in Canada..it has a little codeine in it! Great for those REALLY sore days. I believe you can still get it over the counter.
better late than never with the rum cream???

drummerboy
02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
She probably thought it was just like talking to you....... you never listen either ! :D
come to think of it, she has had lots of practice, hasn't she? :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
There was a football game on last night? :confused:

We watched Simon Birch, based on my all time favourite book (sorry Ken!) A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. The movie is less than satisfying if you have read the book -- but a good movie if you haven't. I might need to rent it now, however, cause poor Harry had to go to bed shortly after it started and he had a ton of questions.

We booked our flights to California last night too -- Anyone excited? We are!:mickey:

offwego
02-04-2008, 08:42 AM
We watched the superbowl. But can someone explain why when we lived near Ottawa I could see the "real commercials" but now that I can spit from here to the USA I have to watch the Canadian ones?

URGH.

Hope your all having a good monday. And Ken nice job on the cabinets..and Jenn nice job on the flights.

Hope that Ellen and Bethany have their hearing back.

disneydrmr
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I've been watching the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

Glad to see I'm not the only Puppy Bowl fan. We've watched this all four years they've been doing it! Sooooo cute! I absolutely fell in love with the Bernese Mountain Dog puppy.. and also the Husky puppy...aw heck! They were all downright adorable!

We booked our flights to California last night too -- Anyone excited? We are!:mickey:

I'm excited for you! You guys will have a great time! Make sure you eat at the StoryTeller's breakfast - this was the best meal we had when there! If you have a weak tummy do NOT ride California Screaming. Do you want any more tips?

I may not be around much today. Still short staffed at work. And I'm feeling really down. Some major personal issues going on. I do want all of you to know that you guys mean alot to me! Thanks for your friendships!

offwego
02-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I may not be around much today. Still short staffed at work. And I'm feeling really down. Some major personal issues going on. I do want all of you to know that you guys mean alot to me! Thanks for your friendships!

I'm sorry to hear this..even if your not here..we are here for you. So feel free to absorb good thoughts and hugs from the atomsphere ok?

mtown71
02-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Hey everyone!!!!!:mickey: I have missed you guys! Finally found a minute or two to drop in & see what has been going on. Still dealing with a couple health issues that I need to figure out & then my poor dog. I'll make it through. So, what all have I missed???? :confused:

offwego
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey everyone!!!!!:mickey: I have missed you guys! Finally found a minute or two to drop in & see what has been going on. Still dealing with a couple health issues that I need to figure out & then my poor dog. I'll make it through. So, what all have I missed???? :confused:

Hope you and your dog are doing ok..did you miss the superbowl?

Where should we start any ideas? Did you know that Blythe is house shopping again?

disneydeb
02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm ba aaack! Just got sprung from the local hospital. There I was treated to IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and all sorts of tests and torture.:D

How did the Super Bowl go?:D :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm ba aaack! Just got sprung from the local hospital. There I was treated to IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and all sorts of tests and torture.:D
How long were you in for Deb? I am so sorry you were that unwell...but hope that you are all back to your FG self again :thumbsup:. :pixie: to keep it up!

pogo
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
We booked our flights to California last night too -- Anyone excited? We are!
You know we are all happy for you ! When are you going ?? :D

Thanks ....... and you mean a lot to me too ! So much in fact that I have something for you. Do you want it now ??? OK Diane.... here it is :fresh: !

Who are you and where have you been ?? :D

I'm ba aaack! Just got sprung from the local hospital. There I was treated to IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and all sorts of tests and torture.
:hug: Glad you are OK Sis ! I missed you ! :D

ElenitaB
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Deb, glad to see that they sprung you from the hospital. Hope that the meds they gave you will do the trick and evict the yuck for once and for all!

Deb and Di, here's lots of :hug: and :pixie: to evict the other kind of yuck (including the yuck affecting your puppy).

Sandy and Michelle, I'm so sad that you won't @ SSR when we're there. But Sandy, I will be looking you up. Hope you're working on Wednesday, the 13th.

Does anyone have dinner to send us? I don't want take-out again and DS isn't keen on what I was going to make.

mtown71
02-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Hope you and your dog are doing ok..did you miss the superbowl?

Where should we start any ideas? Did you know that Blythe is house shopping again?

Yeah, I missed the Superbowl but only because Di made us go out to dinner with her. :thedolls: (love ya Di!!!!) I heard how great of a game it was.
Man, Blythe...house shopping again????? Did you get hit by Richard Simmons?

Who are you and where have you been ??
Do I know you???? Is it Alex? Man, Alex, you have changed!!!! For the better even!:cool:
Can't tell where I have been....top secret! :secret:

pogo
02-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I missed the Superbowl but only because Di made us go out to dinner with her. :thedolls: (love ya Di!!!!) I heard how great of a game it was.
Man, Blythe...house shopping again????? Did you get hit by Richard Simmons?
Are you trying to be as funny as your sister ?? :confused:

Do I know you???? Is it Alex? Man, Alex, you have changed!!!! For the better even!:cool:
Can't tell where I have been....top secret!
Why you....... I'm not Alex..... I don't wear tube tops and spandex ! I'm pogo !

Did your sister put you up to this ???? :confused:

disneydeb
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
How long were you in for Deb? I am so sorry you were that unwell...but hope that you are all back to your FG self again. :pixie: to keep it up!
Thanks and how is Euan? I've got to get caught up on a lot of things.

:hug: Glad you are OK Sis ! I missed you ! :D
I missed you too big brother.:hug:

Deb, glad to see that they sprung you from the hospital. Hope that the meds they gave you will do the trick and evict the yuck for once and for all!

Thanks :hug:and are you packed yet? You know - the doctor thinks it would be a great idea for me to breathe in some sea air, to get me back into top shape. Is there room in your suitcase for me?:D

Di and Deb I think I'll send some of me extra pixie dust your way. :pixie::pixie:Take care .

Caroleh
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Why you....... I'm not Alex..... I don't wear tube tops and spandex ! I'm pogo !

Are you sure? A little bird told me that you love to wear gold sequined tube tops with hot purple spandex.:D

Natazu
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm ba aaack! Just got sprung from the local hospital. There I was treated to IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and all sorts of tests and torture.:Dbest wishes and lots of pixie dust

Are you sure? A little bird told me that you love to wear gold sequined tube tops with hot purple spandex.:Dwhite paper, white paper, white paper :rub:

Tink&Goofy
02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok- I read something about Portland - is it true?? When??

I may not be around much today. Still short staffed at work. And I'm feeling really down. Some major personal issues going on.
Hope things have improved some! Here's some :pixie: to help!

Welcome back Deb!!! Are you feeling better?

Are you sure? A little bird told me that you love to wear gold sequined tube tops with hot purple spandex.:D
Boy, pogo and Ales would make quite a pair - gold spandex and lime green tube top for Alex, and now hot purple spandex and a gold tube top for pogo? Now THAT I would pay to see! :D

white paper, white paper, white paper :rub:
:funny:

Not a bad day...for a Monday. Although it got off to a rocky start when DD missed the school bus, and I had to drive half hour home from work to take her to school, and a half our back to work. Needless to say, she is without her MP3 player tonight...and tomorrow...etc.

Beast_fanatic
02-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Tylenol 1 is sold in Canada..it has a little codeine in it! Great for those REALLY sore days. I believe you can still get it over the counter.
better late than never with the rum cream???

Ahhh, Tylenol with codeine - I think that's about the only Tylenol that's ever done me any good (and I think it's the codeine, personally). Over the counter? Really? If I make a trip to Canada, can I bring it across the border? :blush:

And, yes, I'd still take a rum cream (although I'm not entirely sure that I know what it is, it can't be all bad if it's got the word rum in it).

I'm feeling really down. Some major personal issues going on. I do want all of you to know that you guys mean alot to me! Thanks for your friendships!

:hug: to you!

Hey everyone!!!!! I have missed you guys! Finally found a minute or two to drop in & see what has been going on. Still dealing with a couple health issues that I need to figure out & then my poor dog. I'll make it through. So, what all have I missed????

We've missed you too, Deb! :pixie: and :hug: to you!

I'm ba aaack! Just got sprung from the local hospital. There I was treated to IV antibiotics and breathing treatments and all sorts of tests and torture

Glad you're back! Hope you're all better now!

best wishes and lots of pixie dust

white paper, white paper, white paper

Jym, whatever am I going to do with you? :nono: :shake:

Natazu
02-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Most everybody just edits me. How about lunch? Pogo's buying.

pogo
02-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all slept well. Even you too Jym ! :D

Boy, pogo and Ales would make quite a pair - gold spandex and lime green tube top for Alex, and now hot purple spandex and a gold tube top for pogo? Now THAT I would pay to see!

Not a bad day...for a Monday. Although it got off to a rocky start when DD missed the school bus, and I had to drive half hour home from work to take her to school, and a half our back to work. Needless to say, she is without her MP3 player tonight...and tomorrow...etc.
How did I happen to get draggd into the drag with Alex ??? You wouldn't want to see me in a tube top.... it would be renamed into a tub top ! :blush:

And why are you being so mean to your DD ?? Taking away her MP3 because she missed the bus ??? :shake: Love her.... love her.... and love her some more. The way I look at it, she just gave you an excuse to be with her for an extra half hour yesterday. :yes: Put your arms around her and hold her tight. You won't be able to do that much longer.

You tell him Rhonda ! :thumbsup:

Most everybody just edits me. How about lunch? Pogo's buying.
Come on up.... I'll buy lunch for anyone that comes to Rochester. :D

pogo
02-05-2008, 07:25 AM
OK family..... can I have a minute of your time ?? :(

My life changed again on Sunday and I've been trying to deal with it but it's not working too good. :shake:

One of our dear friends called Patti on Sunday. She said she hadn't been feeling well and was coughing an awful lot. She went to see her Primary Care Doctor and he sent her for an xray and CT Scan on her lungs. They found a baseball size mass in her lung. He told her she had to have a biopsy on Monday. Last night Patti called her and she told Patti that they were 99% sure it was cancer but would know what the treatment options would be on Thursday. :(

I know you all get tired of hearing me on my :soapbox: but these things keep happening in my life with more frequency as I get older.

If you smoke...... quit. Quit today and don't make excuses for why you can't. Just do it !

Love, love, love ! Forgive, forgive, and forgive some more.

Celebrate your life today and everyday and make somebody's day better with a smile.

You can make a difference in somebody else's life by being you. You've already made a difference in mine ! :grouphug: Thank you for being my friend and my virtual family :D

Caroleh
02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh, Buddy, I'm SO sorry that another friend has cancer. :hug: :pixie::pixie: for Patti's friend. and a little :pixie::pixie:for you, too!!!:D

I know I'm so happy to have you in our lives. Do I really need a question?

Mickey'sGirl
02-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks and how is Euan? Euan is A-O-K -- thanks for asking Deb! He's back to full speed! :bolt:

white paper, white paper, white paper :rub::funny:

Ok- I read something about Portland - is it true?? When??We'll be going to Portland to see DH's Uncle and Aunt at the beginning of August -- We will arrive on a Sunday evening and depart on a Tuesday at noon. Do you know Yamhill?

Celebrate your life today and everyday and make somebody's day better with a smile. Absolutely. :hug: Go forward ... Go forward ... Go forward!

Is it wrong to buy a touque for charity if the only reason I did it was because the guys selling them were very cute? :goodbad:

mouseaddict
02-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Ahhh, Tylenol with codeine - I think that's about the only Tylenol that's ever done me any good (and I think it's the codeine, personally). Over the counter? Really? If I make a trip to Canada, can I bring it across the border? :blush:

And, yes, I'd still take a rum cream (although I'm not entirely sure that I know what it is, it can't be all bad if it's got the word rum in it
As of last year it was over the counter..but you did have to sign. My mom brought some down. Rum cream is Jamaica's answer to Bailey's. It is made with rum instead of whiskey, and, IMO, goes down much better..almost too much better!

Pogo, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I see it so often working on a cardio-thoracic surgery unit. Your words should be posted on our walls. I just can't understand how, after being cut open and suffering through major surgery, anyone could even consider smoking again!

On a lighter note..what is this obsession with the spandex????

dlpmikki
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
On a lighter note..what is this obsession with the spandex????

You will need to get Alex to explain his obsession :thedolls:

:hug: for everyone that needs it.

Did you know it's only 75 days till I get back to Old Key West?

Dsnygirl
02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
One of our dear friends called Patti on Sunday. She said she hadn't been feeling well and was coughing an awful lot. She went to see her Primary Care Doctor and he sent her for an xray and CT Scan on her lungs. They found a baseball size mass in her lung. He told her she had to have a biopsy on Monday. Last night Patti called her and she told Patti that they were 99% sure it was cancer but would know what the treatment options would be on Thursday.

You can make a difference in somebody else's life by being you. You've already made a difference in mine ! Thank you for being my friend and my virtual family :D
Pogo, I am so sorry to hear about your friend... we will keep her in our prayers, and will send lots of :pixie: her way.

Thanks for the good advice... all it takes is an eye-opening experience like this to keep us all on our toes. :grouphug:

Is it wrong to buy a touque for charity if the only reason I did it was because the guys selling them were very cute? :goodbad:
Nope!! why do you think they picked them?? :D

Rum cream is Jamaica's answer to Bailey's. It is made with rum instead of whiskey, and, IMO, goes down much better..almost too much better!

Yummm.... sounds delicious. Can we get our hands on it up here, do you think??? :cloud9:

:fresh:

Hi guys - hope you're all having a good Tuesday... I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff accomplished today, so I won't be around much... but I'm sure I'll zoop in later!!

offwego
02-05-2008, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1538357Is it wrong to buy a touque for charity if the only reason I did it was because the guys selling them were very cute? :goodbad:[/QUOTE]

Nope not wrong at all.

Pogo I'm sorry to hear of your friend I hope it works out for you.

So is there coffee??

drummerboy
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Pogo, sorry to hear about Patti's friend. Hope all turns out well.

I think DW is already getting bored in Florida. Or maybe just homesick. I think there are a lot of retirees staying at the campground, and even the friends she's with are 15-20 years older than us, so it isn't exactly a hotbed of excitement.

Who's got the cookies? I need to get some groceris this week, so maybe I can lay in a supply.

disneydeb
02-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Nearly everyone :thedolls: just edits me. How about lunch? Pogo's buying.

Pogo, thank you for the lunch!

OK family..... can I have a minute of your time ?? :(

My life changed again on Sunday and I've been trying to deal with it but it's not working too good.

One of our dear friends called Patti on Sunday. She said she hadn't been feeling well and was coughing an awful lot. She went to see her Primary Care Doctor and he sent her for an xray and CT Scan on her lungs. They found a baseball size mass in her lung. He told her she had to have a biopsy on Monday. Last night Patti called her and she told Patti that they were 99% sure it was cancer but would know what the treatment options would be on Thursday.

I know you all get tired of hearing me on my :soapbox: but these things keep happening in my life with more frequency as I get older.

If you smoke...... quit. Quit today and don't make excuses for why you can't. Just do it !

Love, love, love ! Forgive, forgive, and forgive some more.

Celebrate your life today and everyday and make somebody's day better with a smile.

You can make a difference in somebody else's life by being you. You've already made a difference in mine ! :grouphug: Thank you for being my friend and my virtual family :D

Pogo, the more I hear from you , the more I realize what a wonderful big brother I have found. Hugs for you, Patti and your friend with the health issues.
I am fortunate to have wonderful friends in the real world and more wonderful friends here in cyberspace. God love you all !

What is a touque? I never did well in French.:blush:

Very cute guys can sell me anything.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
02-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Deb, hope you're feeling better and better.

Pogo, :pixie: and prayers for Patti's friend. :hug: to you for being such a good friend.

are you packed yet? You know - the doctor thinks it would be a great idea for me to breathe in some sea air, to get me back into top shape. Is there room in your suitcase for me?
Packed yet? :rotfl: No room in the suitcases because I'm only bringing two for ten days... but there's room in the stateroom.

Of course not. It's the thought that counts, not what you were thinking. ;)

That's fabulous (can't wait to see you).

It's only 7 days until we go. :whistle:

Happy Mardi Gras! What are you giving up for Lent?

offwego
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM

Well William is giving up candy..all candy. So any bets as to how long that lasts?

pogo
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Thank you all for your prayers and :pixie: from both Patti and I !:heart:

It has been a busy day today and tonight will be no different. :(

Can somebody please control Natazu and Caroleh ?? They seem to be the REAL trouble makers here ! :D

Caroleh
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
What is a touque? I never did well in French.:blush:

It's a winter hat. :D I'm learning all the differences.

What's for dinner tonight?

Caroleh
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Can somebody please control Natazu and Caroleh ?? They seem to be the REAL trouble makers here ! :D

Us? Trouble makers? I only learned from the best by the name of Pogo and I think Jym will agree with me!!:D

pjbs35a
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Should the Delicate Cycle Be Used ???

4-Year-Old Gets Stuck in Washing Machine

Donivan Hasseman, 4, spent Superbowl Sunday trapped inside the family washing machine before being cut out by the Dover Fire Department.Superbowl Sunday turned into a super scare for a Dover, Ohio family.

Their 4-year-old son became trapped inside their washing machine.

At first Jennifer Hasseman says she thought little Donivan was just playing, "My oldest son came up to me and said 'Mom Donivan's head is stuck in the washer'."

Jennifer and her husband tried to free Donivan using a crow bar, but she says, "his one leg was bent and his back was compressed against the agitator."

They called 911 and the Dover Fire Department and Rescue responded.

Cpt. Brooks Ross says at first they were nervous about the situation, "It was such a confined space we had to make sure the tools we were using didn't end up causing him injury and making it worse."

Rescuers carefully used the jaws of life to slowly dismantle the machine and free Donivan.

He was checked out at a local medical center and sent home healthy and happy.

On Monday firefighters took Donivan for a ride in a fire truck and gave him a teddy bear.

"A medic told Donivan he had to name the bear." said Jennifer, "I suggested 'Washer' but the medic said 'Agitator' and Donivan said fine so his name is 'Agitator'."

Jennifer says she is eternally grateful to Dover Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters say they respond to many tragic calls and they're just happy Donivan's back to playing like a regular child.

Jennifer wants to warn other parents to keep a close eye on their children and keep those washing machines and appliances blocked off so little ones can not get inside.

MauiMouse
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
pogo & Patti, sorry about your friend. :hug: Prayers coming and I totally understand about where you are coming from in regards to quit smoking. :hug:

So that means that I'm at 74 days since I get in a day before Mikki. Yippeee! :yay:

Deb, hope you're feeling better and better.
It's only 7 days until we go. :whistle:

Deb, same here, hope that you're feeling better each day.

Ellen, have a grand time on your cruise, I'm jealous that you get to leave and go south in February.

Okay, I've been busy unfortunately at work for the past 4 days, I work weekends, now we were one page 25 if I remember correctly, now we are only like page thirty something. I just can't keep up, but I'm trying.

Anyone else getting dump on with snow tomorrow? Going to be another winter wonderland here in Michigan tomorrow. Luckily it's finally my day off, I get to do :laundry:

alpro2
02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
What day is it? Can't keep track anymore.

Sorry about your friend, Pogo.

Where's Blythe? I need the official count.

Tink&Goofy
02-05-2008, 09:40 PM
How did I happen to get draggd into the drag with Alex ??? You wouldn't want to see me in a tube top.... it would be renamed into a tub top ! :blush:

You know I luv ya! Just thought Alex needed some competition! ;)

And why are you being so mean to your DD ?? Taking away her MP3 because she missed the bus ??? :shake: Love her.... love her.... and love her some more. The way I look at it, she just gave you an excuse to be with her for an extra half hour yesterday. :yes: Put your arms around her and hold her tight. You won't be able to do that much longer.

Trust me, she gets plenty of hugs. This was all about teaching her responsibility, which has been a very long hard road.... The MP3 player was the reason she missed the bus yesterday. In fact today was a repeat of yesterday, except this time it wasn't her fault. She couldn't get the garage door closed, and the bus even tried to wait for her - but eventually had to go.

We'll be going to Portland to see DH's Uncle and Aunt at the beginning of August -- We will arrive on a Sunday evening and depart on a Tuesday at noon. Do you know Yamhill?

The street? Yep - but its a pretty long street - basically starts and stops from downtown to the extreme east side. Do you think you'd have time to meet?

Rum Cream is Jamaica's answer to Bailey's. It is made with rum instead of whiskey, and, IMO, goes down much better..almost too much better!

Yum! :D

What day is it? Can't keep track anymore.

Shouldn't you be going back to work soon?

Sorry to hear about your friend, pogo. I will keep her in my prayers that she is able to beat it!

Looks like we are going to be getting back to "normal" weather - which means RAIN. Unfortunately, with how much snow the mountains and hills have had, now there will be flooding. They say that the mountain has about 300-500% of normal snowfall!

pogo
02-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Good morning all... looks like the night shift took last night off. :confused:

Did everybody vote in the primaries yesterday that were eligable ?? Just wondering. :D

alpro2
02-06-2008, 08:59 AM
You know I luv ya! Just thought Alex needed some competition! ;)

Shouldn't you be going back to work soon?

Competition? Pogo? :haha: That is funny. Just remember that I am the original tube top, juicy shorts girl here. :D

Doctor said everything looks fine, but as long as I am on the meds - no work! He suggested another 6 weeks, but I will go back in 4. What day is today? :D

Caroleh
02-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Doctor said everything looks fine, but as long as I am on the meds - no work! He suggested another 6 weeks, but I will go back in 4. What day is today? :D

Glad to hear everything is going good!!! Are you planning to go back around the same time golf starts? Is that why you keep asking Blythe how many more days till spring?

pogo
02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
You know I luv ya! Just thought Alex needed some competition!

Sorry to hear about your friend, pogo. I will keep her in my prayers that she is able to beat it!
I know you luv me T&G and I luv you too. :hug: But Alex can have the thunder !

Thanks for the well wishes for Kathy. We will hear what her options are today. :(

Can I borrow a question ?? :D

Competition? Pogo? :haha: That is funny. Just remember that I am the original tube top, juicy shorts girl here.
Yes you are, my friend ! :D

offwego
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Can I borrow a question ??

Do you need a copy of my standard interest rates?

I tell ya watching the super tuesday stuff was interesting. I'm still trying to sort out "winner take all, super delegate, regular delegate, proportional etc. It's got to be a techie dream job coming up with all the graphics for that.

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Howdy all! We are still short staffed at work and VERY busy.. so just zooping in and out.

Pogo - do you need me to email a question to you ? :fresh:

Hugs to all who need them!

Deb & Jym - hope you guys are ok... PLEASE let us know!

pogo
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Do you need a copy of my standard interest rates?
Just for laughs and giggles, what are your rates ?? :D

Howdy all! We are still short staffed at work and VERY busy.. so just zooping in and out.

Pogo - do you need me to email a question to you ? :fresh:

Hugs to all who need them!

Deb & Jym - hope you guys are ok... PLEASE let us know!
Why not.... you email everything else to me ! :D

Oh, by the way....... :fresh:

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Why not.... you email everything else to me ! :D

Oh, by the way....... :fresh:

Not EVERYTHING else.. but if you really want me to I can start! I bet you would really enjoy recieving weather alerts for my local area.

And :fresh: right back atcha!

Does anyone know Deb and Jym's phone numbers or last names so we can check in on them and make sure they are ok?

pogo
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know Deb and Jym's phone numbers or last names so we can check in on them and make sure they are ok?
I'm sure Jym is OK... he is in Knoxville and Deb will be working so she is unreachable. She lives in Tullahoma. no reports of severe damage there, I think. :D

Do you feel better ??? :fresh:

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm sure Jym is OK... he is in Knoxville and Deb will be working so she is unreachable. She lives in Tullahoma. no reports of severe damage there, I think. :D

Do you feel better ??? :fresh:

I would feel even better if someone would get me some Popeye's fried chicken and a bicuit or two! :fresh:

I thought Jym was around the Gatlinburg area but I wasn't 100&#37; sure. And I did sorta remember the city Deb lived in, but wasn't sure where exactly it was located so wasn't sure if she was in the tornado area.

My questions all seem to be a bit too soggy to post... anyone got a hairdryer I can use on them?

offwego
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Just for laughs and giggles, what are your rates ??

I price based on risk...prime is 5.75 at the moment. Do you want fixed or variable?

dlpmikki
02-06-2008, 01:32 PM
I price based on risk...prime is 5.75 at the moment. Do you want fixed or variable?

Pogo would be high risk! :thedolls: All that spandex! Would that make the rates variable between 100 and 1000 based on prime of 5.75? :D

pogo
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I would feel even better if someone would get me some Popeye's fried chicken and a bicuit or two! :fresh:

I thought Jym was around the Gatlinburg area but I wasn't 100% sure. And I did sorta remember the city Deb lived in, but wasn't sure where exactly it was located so wasn't sure if she was in the tornado area.

My questions all seem to be a bit too soggy to post... anyone got a hairdryer I can use on them?
Nope.... no chicken and biscuits for you ! Diet... remember ??

Don't attempt to use a hairdryer on those soggy questions.... you might get shocked. :eyes:

I'll take the fixed, please ! :D

Pogo would be high risk! :thedolls: All that spandex! Would that make the rates variable between 100 and 1000 based on prime of 5.75? :D

:ref: Personal foul...... unnecessary roughness... trying to be funny and confusing me with Alex.... on the Dutchess...... 15 yards.... automatic First down ! :D

So there.... take that ! :shot:

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM

Hey banker - if I'm right now paying 5.75% interest on my home mortgage, and the feds have dropped it so it would be 3% if I refinanced.. would I save enough $$$ to make it worth my while?

Pogo would be high risk! :thedolls: All that spandex! Would that make the rates variable between 100 and 1000 based on prime of 5.75?

Mikki - Alex is the spandex king (or queen? ;)) I believe Pogo was into the pleather - wasn't he?

Nope.... no chicken and biscuits for you ! Diet... remember ??

Don't attempt to use a hairdryer on those soggy questions.... you might get shocked. :eyes:

Diet? What diet? I don't see a diet around here...

hmmm.... if I use a hairdryer on them and get shocked - would that make my hair even curlier than it already is? And would Aflac cover that? I'm still trying to raise enough money to go to Disney in December...

offwego
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM

I can't go quite that high..theres a legal limit dealy to consider.

But I don't go below prime in my portfolio and typically at a range of say 1.25 ish (some low some high)

Not sure how to rate risk on spandex any ideas?

Caroleh
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Mikki - Alex is the spandex king (or queen? ;)) I believe Pogo was into the pleather - wasn't he?

If memory serves me right, wasn't it bronze pleather? and 14 metres?

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM

Or was that Alex also? Cause I sorta remember having a discussion about the metres cause we needed enough to cover the ego... and that seems to be more along Alex's lines than Pogo's.

disneydrmr
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Not sure how to rate risk on spandex any ideas?

Maybe base the risk factor on what shoes he wears with it? Is spandex fire proof? Is he planning to wear said spandex while golfing? How much 'public time' will said spandex have? The more public wearing time he plans then the higher the risk as I'm sure there will be tickets and lawsuits due to indecent exposure and unnecessary mental anguish as people have to seek professional help to get the image of him in those things out of their minds. :D

BriarRose0708
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Anyone have some cookies? It's been that kind of week, and it's only Wednesday! I hope you're all doing well, maybe soon I'll be able to catch up with all that's been going on here lately.

pjbs35a
02-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Anybody Smell Gas ???

Dog Digs Up Natural Gas Well In Versailles Homeowner's Yard

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A dog dug up a natural gas well Tuesday in the town of Versailles, the latest sign that the town's decades-old methane problem is still not completely solved.

Adam Borrelli's dog was digging in the yard when it uncovered a pipe with water on it.

"I saw it bubbling and I bent down and lit it with a cigarette lighter and it held a flame," Borrelli said.

Versailles, a borough of 1,700 people about 25 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, sits on about 175 poorly capped natural gas wells drilled between 1919 and 1921. Some homes are just feet from old gas wells, while others are built on top of them.

Over the years, gas seepage has forced residents to install vent pipes on their properties and detectors in their homes to keep them safe from the explosive gas.

After discovering the flammable gas on his property, Borrelli said he called his gas company, which conducted tests and found pure methane coming from the pipe.

Helen Humphries, a spokeswoman for the state's Department of Environmental Protection, said the company, Equitable Gas, installed a temporary vent.

"It's venting properly into the atmosphere. It's not a safety hazard," she said.

In 2001, when Borrelli bought his home from his sister, the DEP surveyed the property. At that time, the property was clean of methane, Borrelli said.

"Now there is a whole well," he said.

disneydeb
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm OK!

Diane, thank you for being so sweet to be concerned.

Jym lives in Knoxville and Knoxville did not have tornadic damage as far as I know.

Is the discussion board up and running yet?

pjbs35a
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Is the discussion board up and running yet?

Let's see, how should I answer that question ???

disneydeb
02-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Let's see, how should I answer that question ???

Why not say "Are you sure you are O.K.?" :D

drummerboy
02-06-2008, 07:51 PM
OK, discussion: ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE OK?

Compare and contrast.

Good to hear from you and that all's well.

Frankie'll be proud. I had pb&j for supper tonight. Had a big lunch at Rotary, so I didn't need too much sopper.

disneydeb
02-06-2008, 08:56 PM
OK, discussion: ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE OK?

Compare and contrast.

Good to hear from you and that all's well.

Frankie'll be proud. I had pb&j for supper tonight. Had a big lunch at Rotary, so I didn't need too much sopper.

What's a "sopper"? Ken , are you OK?

Caroleh
02-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Is that what you do when you spill your soup and wring it out and eat it? Or else its when you drink your dinner? Too many :marg:'s!!!

drummerboy
02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
What's a "sopper"?

Is that what you do when you spill your soup and wring it out and eat it? Or else its when you drink your dinner? Too many :marg:'s!!!
You see? Ask and ye shall be answered. Soup tastes so much better when you sop it out of your shirt, don't you know? :D

pogo
02-06-2008, 11:00 PM

You see? Ask and ye shall be answered. Soup tastes so much better when you sop it out of your shirt, don't you know?
Boy Ken...... this is a tuff bunch. Did you really think they would let this slide ??? :D

drummerboy
02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Boy Ken...... this is a tuff bunch. Did you really think they would let this slide ??? :D
Looks like I'll need an editor and proofreader for each post, doesn't it? :thumbsup:

pogo
02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Looks like I'll need an editor and proofreader for each post, doesn't it? :thumbsup:
I think you should just be glad Daine and Natalie haven't seen it yet. :blush:

I don't think Rhonda gives out any :nono:'s for that, does she ? :confused:

Tink&Goofy
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM

What do you think WE are? ;)

We check for the spelling, and Rhonda checks the punctuation - right Rhonda? :D

Beast_fanatic
02-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I just try to make sure we all follow the rules. :blush:

Now, in a couple of the other games, I do occassionally police spelling. :secret:

What should hubby & I do for Valentine's day?

Tink&Goofy
02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
We avoid going out to dinner on Valentine's day - usually plan the day before or after. This year I told him to skip the flowers - I really want to go to a movie - just the two of us (something rated other than "G"), and maybe some drinks afterward. :blush:
I called him today and let him know I had scheduled a work appointment the morning of the 14th, that was nearby his office, that may just possibly be done by lunch...hint...hint. :blush:

What movie should we go see?

disneydeb
02-07-2008, 06:31 AM

How much are you willing to pay?;)

I think you should just be glad Daine and Natalie haven't seen it yet. :blush:

Pogo, Pogo, Pogo! Who is Daine? Diane will be hurt! I hope she gets you good!

Do you really want us to tell you?:blush:

We avoid going out to dinner on Valentine's day - usually plan the day before or after.

How do you plan the day AFTER? :confused:
Is time travel a possibility?

Can everybody tell I'm feeling much more like my old self! ? It is a good thing for me and maybe not so great for you all!

Love you all! Have a great day!:thumbsup:

Do something unexpected for someone totally undeserving today just to knock their socks off! I'll be back to report later today on what I choose to do with today's assignment.:D

pjbs35a
02-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Frankie'll be proud. I had pb&j for supper tonight.

Smooth or Crunchy ???

:spy:

pogo
02-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Good morning "JQ" ers ! I see Sis is up and ready to torment the kids..... er.... I mean teach the kids today.

Anybody need coffee ??? I left the pot on and there are cups on the counter ! :D

I just try to make sure we all follow the rules.

Now, in a couple of the other games, I do occassionally police spelling.

I think you should do something like you did when you first started dating ! Can you remember that far back ??? :D

We avoid going out to dinner on Valentine's day - usually plan the day before or after. This year I told him to skip the flowers - I really want to go to a movie - just the two of us (something rated other than "G"), and maybe some drinks afterward.
I called him today and let him know I had scheduled a work appointment the morning of the 14th, that was nearby his office, that may just possibly be done by lunch...hint...hint. Ah yes... nothing like using tax payers dollars to help schedule a romantic rondevous ! :hug: I hope he get's the hint ! You kids are so cute at that age ! :D

Hey.... you know what ??? She'll answer to almost anything as long as I add a :fresh: to it. Right Diane or Daine.... whatever your name is ?? :D

Do something unexpected for someone totally undeserving today just to knock their socks off! I'll be back to report later today on what I choose to do with today's assignment.
That's my Sis ! I can't wait to read about this. :D

Smooth or Crunchy ???
Either/or will do ! Nothing like a Catholic Boy's Lenton dinner. We had MickeyD's fish fillet's ! :D

alpro2
02-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Sparkly gold.

Or was that Alex also? Cause I sorta remember having a discussion about the metres cause we needed enough to cover the ego... and that seems to be more along Alex's lines than Pogo's.
Ah....my fans! :D

Jym lives in Knoxville and Knoxville did not have tornadic damage as far as I know.

Tornadic damage? Are you sure you are not a meteorologist?

Too many :marg:'s!!!
Never too many :marg:'s. :D

Anybody hear from our countdown girl? Blythe. Blythe. Where are you? We need the official number.

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Smooth or Crunchy ???
Smooooooooth, Daddio. But usually I like crunchy. How did things go Downtown? Did you get to sneak in a side trip to a park?

Caroleh
02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Does anyone want to go to work for me today? We got a foot of snow and the way it sounds on the news I'm in for a "fun" drive. I think I better go in because I stayed home yesterday.

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
Does anyone want to go to work for me today?
Sure. I've got my trusty scissors and innate male sense of fashion. What could go wrong? :thedolls: What time do I start?

DW's keeping me entertained with her tales of the Florida RV park. The other day, she heard the news that a 14' python was caught in a parking lot not terribly far from where they're staying. She gets creeped out by snakes, so that bothered her that it was so close. Anyway, she woke up in the middle of the night and felt something long an quivery across her neck and freaked out. She grabbed it and threw it aside. Then she realized it was just the Great Dane's tail. I done tol' her not to let that dog sleep on the bed.

disneydrmr
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm OK!

Diane, thank you for being so sweet to be concerned.

WHEW! :whew: Soooo very happy to see your post! I wasn't sure where in Tenn your city is located so wasn't sure if you were in the tornadic action area. How badly was Memphis hit? I have a friend in that area.. but I've lost touch with her.

You see? Ask and ye shall be answered. Soup tastes so much better when you sop it out of your shirt, don't you know?

can you say.. eeeeewwwwwwww? :ack:

I think you should just be glad Daine and Natalie haven't seen it yet.

Fingers get a little ahead of you there? :D

A trip to Disney would be a nice way to celebrate! :mickey:

What movie should we go see?

I'm not sure what's playing anymore. I would say not to pick anything gory though.. would kinda 'kill' the mood.. :D

Hey.... you know what ??? She'll answer to almost anything as long as I add a :fresh: to it. Right Diane or Daine.... whatever your name is ??

Either/or will do ! Nothing like a Catholic Boy's Lenton dinner. We had MickeyD's fish fillet's !

Yes Pogo so a :fresh: to you too!

Geesh.. first you can't spell my name.. now you can't spell Lenten... whatever are we gonna do with you? Maybe Deb needs to offer some spelling help to you....

Ah....my fans!

This is Alex ----> :encore:

Does anyone want to go to work for me today? We got a foot of snow and the way it sounds on the news I'm in for a "fun" drive. I think I better go in because I stayed home yesterday.

PLEASE be careful out there! Stay safe!

Anyway, she woke up in the middle of the night and felt something long an quivery across her neck and freaked out. She grabbed it and threw it aside. Then she realized it was just the Great Dane's tail. I done tol' her not to let that dog sleep on the bed.

How can you throw the tail aside without throwing the whole Great Dane? If your wife is strong enough to throw a Great Dane....well, I'd definilty wanna stay on her good side!

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning everyone! :hi: Just got here after several train delays. Any coffee left? I could go a bran muffin too please!

Ellen :pixie: for today's treatement.

Deb -- I'm glad you are back to yourself again (notice I did not say back to normal :thedolls:).

Later Gators.

Nascfan
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Anyone need any extra water? I'd be happy to ship all the extra from the overflowing rivers and such around here to you. Now all the puddles on the streets have turned to slush. Yuck.

Hope everyone is doing ok. :pixie: and :hug: for anyone who needs it.

Oh, hey Pogo, our dear daughter ordered new clubs and we'll be picking them up this weekend. Her first brand new set, and she LOVED them when she tested them. You ready to hit the course? I'm sure she'd go out with you just as soon as the weather breaks.

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
:hi: Hey Scott! How you doing?

Since your DD is getting her own brand new clubs, will you now be getting her hand me ups? :confused:

Nascfan
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Actually, the old ones will be for my wife since they are ladies. I do need a new set though. But for as bad as I am, and for as little as I play, I can just buy "off the rack" as it were when they have a good sale in the spring.

Speaking of which, how many days until spring? I'm tired of this winter slush and yuck.

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Hmmm. For me to play golf, I'd have to brush off the cobwebs and get out the rust remover. (For the clubs, not me.)

How's almost Friday going for everyone?

pogo
02-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Fingers get a little ahead of you there?

Yes Pogo so a :fresh: to you too!

Geesh.. first you can't spell my name.. now you can't spell Lenten... whatever are we gonna do with you? Maybe Deb needs to offer some spelling help to you....
Typo's........ I can't seem to get away from them. And don't threaten me with Deb.... she'e a reading teacher and she has more than her share of typo's, right Sis ??

And one more thing...... :fresh: to you ! I like doing that to you ! Can you tell ??

Morning everyone! Just got here after several train delays. Any coffee left? I could go a bran muffin too please!
Hhhmmmm.... must be I've been put into the "everyone" catagory ! :(

Morning to you too.... who ever you are.

Oh, hey Pogo, our dear daughter ordered new clubs and we'll be picking them up this weekend. Her first brand new set, and she LOVED them when she tested them. You ready to hit the course? I'm sure she'd go out with you just as soon as the weather breaks.
Call me as soon as it dries up ! There is nothing as nice as a custom fit set of clubs, unless it's a custom fit :marg: ! :D

Speaking of which, how many days until spring? I'm tired of this winter slush and yuck.

I'm not sure...... Blythe has been MIA for a couple of days and she is our.... er... I mean Alex's Spring Countdowner ! :D

Oh in case I forget...... :fresh: to Diane !

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2008, 01:23 PM
....sorry....

Good morning, Cousin. How are you doing today? Are you all shiny and happy?

Is that better? :hug: to you and Patti. Did you get a good dumping of the white stuff overnight?

BriarRose0708
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Pogo, would you and Patty like to go out for fish fry sometime?

Hi friends. Ever have a day when you're feeling extremely incompetent and it seems like you can do nothing right? That whatever is going wrong is your fault? That's me today. Anyone have some Pixie dust for me?

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi friends. Ever have a day when you're feeling extremely incompetent and it seems like you can do nothing right? That whatever is going wrong is your fault?
Hey, have you been spying on me every day? Here's some :pixie: for your day to turn around.

disneydrmr
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Any coffee left? I could go a bran muffin too please!

Ellen :pixie: for today's treatement.

No coffee here.. but I still have the jitters from the cappachino I had this AM.

Ditto on the pixie dust for Ellen.

Anyone need any extra water? I'd be happy to ship all the extra from the overflowing rivers and such around here to you. Now all the puddles on the streets have turned to slush. Yuck.

Keep all that water to yourself please... we have enough extra of our own down here in the southern part of our great state of Ohio. I was thinking of building an ark tonight. Maybe gather up all the animals two by two...

According to Phil the groundhog we still have 6 more weeks. But according to our very own Buckeye Chuck Ohio will have an early spring as he did NOT see his shadow! Go BUCKEYES!!!!

Hmmm. For me to play golf, I'd have to brush off the cobwebs and get out the rust remover. (For the clubs, not me.)

How's almost Friday going for everyone?

Drat - ruin a good joke before anyone has a chance to tell it! :D

Today actually is my Friday as I'm off from work tomorrow. Yeah! So my FRIDAY is going quite nicely - thank you for asking!

And one more thing...... :fresh: to you ! I like doing that to you ! Can you tell ??

Oh in case I forget...... :fresh: to Diane !

....sorry....

Ooops...I didn't realize Pogo was so old his eyesight was bad also - though that might explain his many typos.. so should we all type this big when speaking to him?

Hi friends. Ever have a day when you're feeling extremely incompetent and it seems like you can do nothing right? That whatever is going wrong is your fault? That's me today. Anyone have some Pixie dust for me?

Hope your day gets better! We all have days like that!

dlpmikki
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM

Heres some pixie dust :pixie:. Hope it makes you feel better!

Where is everyone today? Has Pogo scared them all off?

Jasper
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
she woke up in the middle of the night and felt something long an quivery across her neck and freaked out. She grabbed it and threw it aside. Then she realized it was just the Great Dane. I done tol' her not to let that dog sleep on the bed.

WOW!!! Just how strong is that lady of yours? She threw a Great Dane!!! TEEHEEE amazing what a person can do with a little creative editing!

Jasper
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Anyone need any extra water? I'd be happy to ship all the extra from the overflowing rivers and such around here to you. Now all the puddles on the streets have turned to slush. s.

I know how you feel! We have had something like 6 inches of rain in 2 days and something like 12 inches of rain in the last week! Then a week ago we had tornadoes about 40 miles away and the big outbreak two days ago was about 60 miles away. Both of those incidents were WAY to close for comfort. Of course when you go from 70 degrees one day to 20 degrees the next that sort of thing is going to happen. So does anyone know if all of our Intercot friends are all ok?

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 04:16 PM
So does anyone know if all of our Intercot friends are all ok?
I think everyone's been accounted for one way or another. How are you coming along?

By the way, my cute little nickname for DW is "Hulk". :thedolls:

pogo
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
....sorry....

Is that better? :hug: to you and Patti. Did you get a good dumping of the white stuff overnight?
That's much better, Cousin ! :D

We got about 3" of the white stuff, but we got 3" of ice before that. What a mess.

Pogo, would you and Patty like to go out for fish fry sometime?

We would love too. Now that lent is here I've got to eat Fish at least once or twice during lent. I'll call you about it soon, OK ??

Hey, have you been spying on me every day? Here's some :pixie: for your day to turn around.
If so, she has good eyes ! :D

No coffee here.. but I still have the jitters from the cappachino I had this AM.

Ooops...I didn't realize Pogo was so old his eyesight was bad also - though that might explain his many typos.. so should we all type this big when speaking to him?

All I have to say to you is this..... :fresh:

Heres some pixie dust :pixie:. Hope it makes you feel better!

Where is everyone today? Has Pogo scared them all off?
Oh come on now Dutchess...... is that nice ?? :shake:

I know how you feel! We have had something like 6 inches of rain in 2 days and something like 12 inches of rain in the last week! Then a week ago we had tornadoes about 40 miles away and the big outbreak two days ago was about 60 miles away. Both of those incidents were WAY to close for comfort. Of course when you go from 70 degrees one day to 20 degrees the next that sort of thing is going to happen. So does anyone know if all of our Intercot friends are all ok?
Keep your head down and pray when that happens. Glad you are OK. :D

pjbs35a
02-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Smooooooooth, Daddio. But usually I like crunchy. How did things go Downtown? Did you get to sneak in a side trip to a park?

Made a run through Downtown Disney. Did not get to make a trip to the Parks. Why you ask ??? Lawyers, that's why !!! They extended the mediation till 8:00 Friday night. I had a blank check ready when I entered the door. I think everyone thought I was kidding. Do you think it had anything to do with the Mouse Ears I was wearing ??? Or the Pluto house slippers ???

101 Dalmations ??? No, 101 trips to the Lockup !!!

Palaka Man Has Been Arrested 101 Times

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A Palaka man has earned a dubious distinction: Alger Scott has been arrested 101 times.

The most recent time came Wednesday when the 54-year-old was charged with selling drugs within 1,000 feet of a school.

His rap sheet includes charges of petty theft, drug possession, trespassing, aggravated assault, and armed robbery. Most were misdemeanors.

State prison records show he has served stints at local jails and about three years in prison since the late 1990s.

Putnam County Circuit Court Judge Art Nichols says communities everywhere deal with habitual offenders like Scott, whom he says take up time and jail space.

Jasper
02-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Keep your head down and pray when that happens. Glad you are OK. :D

Oh believe me, we were praying to every single kind of deity we could think of the last two Tuesdays! Of course this week's were a little further away so we had more breathing room but in a way we were even more scared because one of the tornado's was being shown as headed straight for where some good friends of ours live in Tennessee. Fortunately the one that was headed their way died out before it reached them. Of course, they were really gun shy because several buildings on their farm were destroyed and part of the roof taken off their house about two years ago in a different tornado. Fortunately no one was hurt.

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A Palaka man has earned a dubious distinction: Alger Scott has been arrested 101 times.

The most recent time came Wednesday when the 54-year-old was charged with selling drugs within 1,000 feet of a school.

His rap sheet includes charges of petty theft, drug possession, trespassing, aggravated assault, and armed robbery. Most were misdemeanors.

State prison records show he has served stints at local jails and about three years in prison since the late 1990s.

Putnam County Circuit Court Judge Art Nichols says communities everywhere deal with habitual offenders like Scott, whom he says take up time and jail space.

Makes you wonder if this guy has trouble living on the outside and is one of those who continues to do things just so he can get sent back? I can't even imagine getting arrested once for the kinds of things mentioned here much less 101 times!!

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Made a run through Downtown Disney. Did not get to make a trip to the Parks. Why you ask ??? Lawyers, that's why !!! They extended the mediation till 8:00 Friday night.
Wait a minute. You mean when I'm conducting mediations, I can schedule them at Downtown Disney? Hmmm. I can see a whole new letter going out to the disputing parites...

pjbs35a
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Wait a minute. You mean when I'm conducting mediations, I can schedule them at Downtown Disney? Hmmm. I can see a whole new letter going out to the disputing parties...

I don't see why not. Thanks for the setup. I know there's a comment in there somewhere about Lawyer's, Goofy and Pinocchio, but you don't think I should use it, do you ???

Natazu
02-07-2008, 07:46 PM
We're fine, just been busy. We sent some staff and equipment to the storm area to help with logistics so it's been hectic here. I've worked around 80 hours since Friday. Anybody have some NoDoz?

Tom, I send the best of wishes to your friend.

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2008, 08:06 PM
WOW!!! Just how strong is that lady of yours? She threw a Great Dane!!! TEEHEEE amazing what a person can do with a little creative editing!By the tail none the less!....... That is By the tail none the less! for Cousin

I've pulled a muscle in my diaphragm from coughing -- I'm not going to tell you what else happened to me on the train due to my coughing :blush: ... . What a pain! So, who's coming skiing with Harry and I in the morning?

Di -- I hope you are having a good day/evening .... and Nikki -- I'm sending you a cyber :hug: !

Mickey'sGirl
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
We're fine, just been busy. :hi: Hey Jym! How's my Tennessee sister feeling? Tell her it gets easier really soon :thumbsup:. I'm glad you are all well...but I am sorry you have been so busy. Don't forget to take it easy!

ElenitaB
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Does the position pay much?

I just try to make sure we all follow the rules. :blush:

Now, in a couple of the other games, I do occassionally police spelling. :secret:
But I'm guessing that today was not that day, huh?

Di and Nikki, hope you guys are dumping the funkies! Here's some "things looking up" :pixie: for you guys!

And just wanted to give a big shout out of THANKS that all our JQers made it through those scary storms okay.

I'm going to be scarce on JQ until the end of the month... tomorrow I have errands to run/conference calls/Flash animations to think up, storyboard, do, post/a newsletter to finish. Weekend will be laundry, packing, etc. Monday doctor's visit to get the results of the CT scan. Tuesday we're out the door at 2:45 but I have to send the newsletter out before I leave. I'm not taking the laptop with me (my manager's "orders" God love her). When I get back, the work is going to be fast and furious because we're on track to launch the intranet site on the 27th. Finally!

So, play nice, boys and girls! Love ya all... I'll be thinking of you throughout our trip.

pogo
02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
I don't see why not. Thanks for the setup. I know there's a comment in there somewhere about Lawyer's, Goofy and Pinocchio, but you don't think I should use it, do you ???
Why not ??? :confused:

We're fine, just been busy. We sent some staff and equipment to the storm area to help with logistics so it's been hectic here. I've worked around 80 hours since Friday. Anybody have some NoDoz?

Tom, I send the best of wishes to your friend.
Don't burn the candle at both ends !

Thanks, my friend ! :D

By the tail none the less!....... That is By the tail none the less! for Cousin
Thanks little Miss Smarty Pants ! :blush:

I'm going to be scarce on JQ until the end of the month... tomorrow I have errands to run/conference calls/Flash animations to think up, storyboard, do, post/a newsletter to finish. Weekend will be laundry, packing, etc. Monday doctor's visit to get the results of the CT scan. Tuesday we're out the door at 2:45 but I have to send the newsletter out before I leave. I'm not taking the laptop with me (my manager's "orders" God love her). When I get back, the work is going to be fast and furious because we're on track to launch the intranet site on the 27th. Finally!

So, play nice, boys and girls! Love ya all... I'll be thinking of you throughout our trip.
Ellen....... we are going to miss you, but we all hope you enjoy your cruise ! I can't wait to read the trip reports. Bon Voyage !:sail: :D

Dsnygirl
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey all... just zooping in before I head off to work... another OT night in babyland. Better put my rollerblades on... it's been nuts lately! The last 2 days of rain have made it doubly bad... it's just been a non-stop rush of people!! I was kind-of hoping they wouldn't need me tonight, but no luck... I'll appreciate it when I get my paycheck, I guess... :blush:

Anybody hear from our countdown girl? Blythe. Blythe. Where are you? We need the official number.
Sorry... here it is... 43!! :D

Sounds like Dan... he got new clubs last summer, but he also got a new club for Christmas and another for... ???... not sure... but it was being discontined and went with his new set of clubs, so it arrived last week... he cannot wait 'til spring!!! The Masters ads are driving him to distraction... ;)

I'm not sure...... Blythe has been MIA for a couple of days and she is our.... er... I mean Alex's Spring Countdowner!

Sorry... I just can't seem to find computer time these days, and with it being a "no no" on the postpartum floor now, and impossible to find the time to even lurk on labor & delivery, I'm missing you guys a whole bunch! :(

Care to share the story behind that endearing name??

We'll miss you... I can't believe it's time for your trip already!! Lucky you!! Sending loads of :pixie: and prayers for you on Monday -- let us know what happens, okay? And have a GREAT time!! :sail:

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
We'll let each person make up his or her own story. :thedolls:

Good to hear from you.

Does the position pay much?

[Lots of cyber cookies]

We'll miss you. Have a wonderful time and bring us all back surprises.

Did I go through all that without a question?

mouseaddict
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Made a run through Downtown Disney. Did not get to make a trip to the Parks. Why you ask ??? Lawyers, that's why !!! They extended the mediation till 8:00 Friday night. I had a blank check ready when I entered the door. I think everyone thought I was kidding. Do you think it had anything to do with the Mouse Ears I was wearing ??? Or the Pluto house slippers ???

101 Dalmations ??? No, 101 trips to the Lockup !!!

Palaka Man Has Been Arrested 101 Times

Ahh..the classy folks here in Jax! Does anyone wonder why I want to move back home?

Ellen, have a wonderful trip..I will have all of the characters ready for you!

We arrived here at the ASMovies resort this pm..DH walked in the room and his first comment was...thank goodness it is only for one night! This from the man who moaned and complained the first time we stayed in a deluxe..now he hates being anywhere else!
Lot's of very "peppy" cheerleaders..looking forward to moving over to SSR tomorrow!
Anyone want a Mickey ice cream bar?

Tink&Goofy
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Can everybody tell I'm feeling much more like my old self! ?
Glad to hear you're feeling better!!

Ah yes... nothing like using tax payers dollars to help schedule a romantic rondevous ! :hug: I hope he get's the hint ! You kids are so cute at that age ! :D

Hey, I'm entitled to take a lunch, aren't I? Just because I never do when I'm stuck in the office.....I've earned it, don't you think? :D

Anyway, she woke up in the middle of the night and felt something long an quivery across her neck and freaked out. She grabbed it and threw it aside. Then she realized it was just the Great Dane's tail. I done tol' her not to let that dog sleep on the bed.
She was worried about a snake with a great dane there? Don't you think the snake would be more afraid than her?

Why you ask ??? Lawyers, that's why !!!
One of my favorite lawyer quotes was said to me during a serious discussion - "More is better, unless its not". :D

I hope the Doctor brings you good news on Monday. Have a wonderful trip!! I'm glad you are NOT taking a computer - even though we will miss you!! Have fun!

Don't burn the candle at both ends !

You mean there is another way?

Hey all... just zooping in before I head off to work... another OT night in babyland.
:hi: Hi Blythe! Hope your night is easier than you expect. Do you at least get a couple days off after tonight?

Wow it was windy and stormy last night!! Would the last one to bed tonight please remember to turn off the wind?

drummerboy
02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Care to share the story behind that endearing name??

She was worried about a snake with a great dane there? Don't you think the snake would be more afraid than her?
Jasper did a little creative editing when he quoted my story about the python and left off the part that DW grabbed the dog's tail, leaving it to look like she tossed the dog. Ergo, therefore and henceforth, the endearing name "Hulk". See, you gotta do your homework.

I used to hear the best lawyer jokes at an informal yearly gathering of lawyers I used to go to. How was that for a convoluted phrase?

pogo
02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Sounds like Dan... he got new clubs last summer, but he also got a new club for Christmas and another for... ???... not sure... but it was being discontined and went with his new set of clubs, so it arrived last week... he cannot wait 'til spring!!! The Masters ads are driving him to distraction...
I'm watching Pebble Beach right now ! :golf:

We arrived here at the ASMovies resort this pm..DH walked in the room and his first comment was...thank goodness it is only for one night! This from the man who moaned and complained the first time we stayed in a deluxe..now he hates being anywhere else!
Lot's of very "peppy" cheerleaders..looking forward to moving over to SSR tomorrow!
Anyone want a Mickey ice cream bar?
Yeah, I want one or two..... but ! Can you send me one in the mail ?? :D

Hey, I'm entitled to take a lunch, aren't I? Just because I never do when I'm stuck in the office.....I've earned it, don't you think?
Well OK.... if you put it that way ! :D

I used to hear the best lawyer jokes at an informal yearly gathering of lawyers I used to go to. How was that for a convoluted phrase?

:huh:

That can be used as a question, can't it ?? :D

Dsnygirl
02-08-2008, 03:22 AM
:hi: Hi Blythe! Hope your night is easier than you expect. Do you at least get a couple days off after tonight?

Thanks!! I had a delivery not long after I got here, but now it's okay.... just getting ready to take her to the postpartum floor, which only has 3 empty beds. (Out of 56... :dizzy:)

I have tomorrow night off, but then I'm back Saturday & Sunday nights. Picking up this 4th night every week is getting a little old, but if I can hang on and do it for a few months, it'll be a great $$$ jump for us as we buy this house and prepare to renovate some things. Plus, coming in at 11pm instead of 7pm makes the night fly by... and it doesn't affect my evenings with the girls, which is nice. So.... we'll see how long I can keep this up!! Tonight we had a big "we're surviving" party... chili, pasta, shrimp, pretzels (sweet ones) with a banana/rum dip (yummmm!!!), muffins, sundaes, candy, cookies... I'm stuffed!! :D

Hope you guys are all sleeping soundly and peacefully.... hopefully I'll find time to swing by tomorrow!!

Anybody have any fun plans for the weekend???

disneydeb
02-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Happy Friday! God love to you all!

Ellen if I could pop myself into your house, I would help with all your laundry and packing! (I would also pop myself into one of your suitcases and go with you! :thumbsup:

Have a great time , dear friend!

Pogo, Where do I have typos?:confused::D

pogo
02-08-2008, 07:13 AM
Tonight we had a big "we're surviving" party... chili, pasta, shrimp, pretzels (sweet ones) with a banana/rum dip (yummmm!!!), muffins, sundaes, candy, cookies... I'm stuffed!!

Are you really working or are you at some "all you can eat" buffet ??? :confused:

Nothing planned for the weekend..... just riding out the weather and waiting for spring. :D

Pogo, Where do I have typos?I don't see any in this post ! It all looks good to me. :D

Caroleh
02-08-2008, 09:05 AM

:wave: Blythe!!! I think for the weekend I'm working and packing. I have today off, so I'll be packing and going out to lunch with a friend of mine...she's afraid she'll never see me again after we move, but I'll make sure I see and call her.

It dawned on me yesterday that one month from yesterday my new furniture will be arriving at the house, now I'm panicking!!

Oh, darn, I think I packed my question. Can someone lend me one?

disneydrmr
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey all! (or for Pogo - HEY ALL!) :fresh:

Just wanted to zoop in for a moment to wish you all a good day and a great weekend! I'm off work today to take DH to the doctor. If he's up to it after we're gonna go get our taxes done also. Fun day...

Ellen - have an awesome time on your cruise!

Jenn - please be careful out there on those snowy slopes.

Hugs to everyone!

Carol - did you pack my question too?

offwego
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey all a zoop. Ellen you have a great time ok? We do expect trip reports at some point though. Or pics at least.

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend. I'll try to be back later.

pogo
02-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I think for the weekend I'm working and packing. I have today off, so I'll be packing and going out to lunch with a friend of mine...she's afraid she'll never see me again after we move, but I'll make sure I see and call her.
:drama: Oh No....... I didn't think of that ! Does this mean I'll never see you again too ??? :faint:

Hey all! (or for Pogo - HEY ALL!) :fresh:
Oh..... you are such a Brat ! :fresh:

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend. I'll try to be back later.
I'll be in and out today, so maybe we'll see you later ! :D

Caroleh
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
:drama: Oh No....... I didn't think of that ! Does this mean I'll never see you again too ??? :faint:

For Pogo, Do you want to see me again? :D

Nascfan
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Poor Pogo, are you hard of hearing? I mean hard of reading? :D

Happy Friday gang! Anyone else ready for the weekend? I know, I know, don't wish our lives away, but I need to sleep in a little bit. Goodness I'm tired.

pogo
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
For Pogo, Do you want to see me again? :D
OMG.... you've joined the Brats ?? Oh wait... you always were one ! Poor Gilles ! :shake:

Poor Pogo, are you hard of hearing? I mean hard of reading? :D

Just a little something my Cousin started and the rest of the Brats joined in ! :D

Jasper
02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I think everyone's been accounted for one way or another. How are you coming along?

Thanks for asking! I am starting to feel better again. The doctor had warned me that this would be about a 6 month recovery until I was completely over it but I didn't believe him. Believe me, I do believe him now!!

The doc also warned me that there would be spells at about one month and again at about four months where you would have short term setbacks and right on schedule I had my one month set back that lasted about two weeks. During that time I couldn't get enough pain medicine to keep the pain down. But, now that has passed and I am again back on track.

Of course, part of my problem also lies in some permanent nerve damage from prior surgeries and the like that is never going to go away. Hopefully though this most recent surgery will take care of the other pain that had developed so that the spinal stimulator that I have in my back can get back to helping with the nerve damage.

After that long winded reply you are going to be afraid to ask me again how I am doing won't you?

So, when you call your dear sweet wife "hulk" does she swell up, turn green, and launch you bodily through the nearest wall?:D:D

Jasper
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Jasper did a little creative editing when he quoted my story about the python and left off the part that DW grabbed the dog's tail, leaving it to look like she tossed the dog. Ergo, therefore and henceforth, the endearing name "Hulk". See, you gotta do your homework.

Sorry for the creative editing! Never fails does it? Ya try to be creative just to have a little fun and before long someone gets hurt! What I can't figure out though is if it was the python, your Great Dane, or my reputation that was hurt???

Oh wait, my reputation and the snake's reputation never were that great were they? Guess that just leaves your Great Dane!:D

Jasper
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm watching Pebble Beach right now ! :g:D

I know watching a golf match can be pretty boring sometimes but wouldn't it still be more fun than watching a beach with pebbles?:D:D

Ellen, have a great trip!! By the way, if you check in and catch this, just what kind of work do you do? Despite all the time I have been around here I realize I do not know that gem of enlightenment!

By the way, sorry for the serial posting. I have this problem that when I see something I want to respond to I have to jump in and say it right away or I won't remember later what I wanted to say. And yes , I do realize that y'all would be better off if I forgot a little more often, right?

Beast_fanatic
02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Anyone else frustrated because other people are in the way of you accomplishing your own work? :fit: :bored:

Caroleh
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
OMG.... you've joined the Brats ?? Oh wait... you always were one ! Poor Gilles ! :shake:

Why thank you, Buddy!!! I love getting called a brat!!! :D

After that long winded reply you are going to be afraid to ask me again how I am doing won't you?

We'll always ask because you are our friend and we're always concerned about our friends, unless your name is Pogo or Alex!!! :D Just joking you two, we love you both!!! For Pogo..Just joking!!!

I know watching a golf match can be pretty boring sometimes but wouldn't it still be more fun than watching a beach with pebbles?:D:D

Ah, isn't a beach with pebbles more romantic? Going off to my happy place...beach, waves, palm trees, sunset...Are the rest of you with me?

I made a BIG dent in my packing!!! I'm doing the worst room in the apartment..my sewing/scrapbooking studio. I have a lot of fabric and I mean a lot. Do you think it's a hazard of working in a fabric store?

drummerboy
02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for asking! I am starting to feel better again. The doctor had warned me that this would be about a 6 month recovery until I was completely over it but I didn't believe him. Believe me, I do believe him now!!

So, when you call your dear sweet wife "hulk" does she swell up, turn green, and launch you bodily through the nearest wall?:D:D
DW went through that six month recovery period, so I knew about it. Glad you got over the first hurdle OK.

Did I say I called DW "Hulk" to her face? :D I'm not that crazy...yet.

Anyone else frustrated because other people are in the way of you accomplishing your own work? :fit: :bored:
I get that way a lot, but then I realize it's just me in the way. :blush:

Ah, isn't a beach with pebbles more romantic? Going off to my happy place...beach, waves, palm trees, sunset...Are the rest of you with me?
If I go off to my happy place too much, the staff begins to worry. They see that blank stare and vapid smile and think I'm losing it (more).

offwego
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Anyone else frustrated because other people are in the way of you accomplishing your own work? :fit: :bored: you have no idea.

. Do you think it's a hazard of working in a fabric store?

So by this I should look around the house for some bundles of cash? What would that leave Jenn with..paper?

dlpmikki
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
So are our posts taking up more pages than ever because Folks have to type special for Pogo?

Caroleh
02-08-2008, 04:12 PM
So by this I should look around the house for some bundles of cash? What would that leave Jenn with..paper?

If you have bundles of cash, can I come pack your house? It sounds like SO much more fun!!! Hey, I think I only have 7 boxes of fabric, which is a lot better then I thought. I don't think the problem is working in a fabric store, but more collecting more cotton for my quilting and having to do store displays. My supervisor told me the other day that after the move the store needs a new quilt display. I think I'll cheat and make a baby one since there is a baby boom going on!!!

I'm really proud of myself, I've managed to pack 3 boxes today(of fabric and craft books) and throw away 3 large trash bags of fabric scraps(habit of a quilter..save everything) and magazines. Plus I went out with my friend for Greek food at lunchtime. Why do people always have to save magazines for years and years?

So are our posts taking up more pages than ever because Folks have to type special for Pogo?

:haha::funny::rotfl:

pogo
02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I know watching a golf match can be pretty boring sometimes but wouldn't it still be more fun than watching a beach with pebbles?
Turn it on tonight and watch it, if for nothing else, but the scenery ! It is spectacular ! :D

Nope.... I just work around and past them. Ever try it ?? It's fun ! :D

Not me..... why would I want to go to a romantic place with you ?? :confused:

So by this I should look around the house for some bundles of cash?
See..... I knew you were loaded ! :D

:shake:

Tink&Goofy
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Nothing planned for the weekend..... just riding out the weather and waiting for spring. :D

What happened to not wishing away the days? :D

I have a lot of fabric and I mean a lot. Do you think it's a hazard of working in a fabric store?

I really hate to think what I would find around the house...:shake:

Does someone want to make dinner for my family tonight? Take out is fine by me too!

Caroleh
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Not me..... why would I want to go to a romantic place with you ?? :confused:

Does someone want to make dinner for my family tonight? Take out is fine by me too!

Friday and Saturday nights are always take out here. My cook(Gilles) refuses to cook those two nights, and he won't eat mine. :D

Is there any spare questions hanging around?

Tink&Goofy
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Friday and Saturday nights are always take out here. My cook(Gilles) refuses to cook those two nights, and he won't eat mine. :D
DH just called as he was leaving work. He's picking up dinner on the way home. So guess who gets the night off from cooking? :woohoo:

pogo
02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
What happened to not wishing away the days?
Who said I was wishing ??? I said waiting.

No thanks...... I'm saving all my raspberries for Diane ! :D

DH just called as he was leaving work. He's picking up dinner on the way home. So guess who gets the night off from cooking? :woohoo:

Who ??? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
02-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I didn't have to cook tonight. Hubby grilled steaks, baked fries and made salads for us. :thumbsup:

Anyone want to go to my niece's baby shower tomorrow?

dlpmikki
02-09-2008, 04:36 AM
I am going to make a venison sausage casserole today and roast a leg of lamb tomorrow. Anyone want some roast lamb as I suspect there will be far more than the two of us can eat on our own?

Wish me luck - I'm going to be ringing up the airline today to book flights for the November/December trip. Once booked we are committed to going! :D

Hey Pogo, are you going in December? Who else will be there the weekend of 12-14?

BronxTigger
02-09-2008, 06:08 AM
Who else will be there the weekend of 12-14?

Me! :D I don't have anything booked yet, but I am planning to be there that weekend!

Who else is coming?

disneydeb
02-09-2008, 08:58 AM

I am trying to work out someway to be there at that time. A little birdie toid me that my daughter Amy could expect to have one of her lifelong dreams fulfilled near that time.;)

Since I used your question in a quote, do I have to make up my own?:D

pogo
02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
I didn't have to cook tonight. Hubby grilled steaks, baked fries and made salads for us.

Anyone want to go to my niece's baby shower tomorrow?

No thanks. But do you have any leftovers ?? :D

Wish me luck - I'm going to be ringing up the airline today to book flights for the November/December trip. Once booked we are committed to going! :D

Hey Pogo, are you going in December? Who else will be there the weekend of 12-14?
Our plan is still intact to be there in December !
I'm still trying for April. :D

Me! :D I don't have anything booked yet, but I am planning to be there that weekend!

Who else is coming?

:hi:

I am trying to work out someway to be there at that time. A little birdie toid me that my daughter Amy could expect to have one of her lifelong dreams fulfilled near that time.;)

Since I used your question in a quote, do I have to make up my own?:D

:yes:

dlpmikki
02-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Well, that has been quite succesful so far. I have flights on hold for Nov 19 returning Dec 15. I have Marriott Grand Vista booked for Nov 22-29 and added on days at OKW to have a one bed from 29 Nov to Dec 15 near hospitality house. And I managed to get a DVC discount for Pirate and Princess party on 23 April - so I'll definitely see you there Mary! :pirate:

Now does anyone know when they may bring out AP discount rates for Nov 19-22? I thought I might manage Pop or something for 3 nights!

Can you tell I'm excited? :party::joy::yay::D

alpro2
02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I am going to make a venison sausage casserole today and roast a leg of lamb tomorrow. Anyone want some roast lamb as I suspect there will be far more than the two of us can eat on our own?

Ummmm....Roast lamb sounds yummy.

Well, that has been quite succesful so far. I have flights on hold for Nov 19 returning Dec 15. I have Marriott Grand Vista booked for Nov 22-29 and added on days at OKW to have a one bed from 29 Nov to Dec 15 near hospitality house. And I managed to get a DVC discount for Pirate and Princess party on 23 April - so I'll definitely see you there Mary! :pirate:

Can you tell I'm excited? :party::joy::yay::D
Congrats Mikki!

The WDW future for me is still clouded. Looks like if I do go in 2008, it will be a spur of the moment trip.

Why is it snowing today? :mad:

Dsnygirl
02-09-2008, 04:15 PM
I believe we will... I'm not totally sure of our dates yet, but that weekend will be a part of them, for sure!! :mickey3:

Now does anyone know when they may bring out AP discount rates for Nov 19-22? I thought I might manage Pop or something for 3 nights!

I think they come out in August... at least that's when they have the past few years. I'm hoping for either AP discounts or at least general public ones... we don't have an AP yet, but we'll get one if that's how the discounts fall!! We want to take the girls in October next year, so it'd be a good reason to get them... :blush:

Why is it snowing today? :mad:
Because it's February??? :snowball: It's snowing off & on here, too.... but Dan's still out on the screened-in porch, swinging his clubs... the moment the ground thaws and is green... he's ready!! :golf:

How's everyone doing today? The girls are going to a "Daddy & Daughter Valentine's Dance" tonight, so they'll be getting ready soon... which also means I don't have to cook, and will have an hour or so before work to relax, with the house all to myself!! :D They went last year, too, and had a ball... it's cute.

Other than that, not too much going on around here this wknd... the girls and I FINALLY saw "The Incredibles" last night... it's only been out for what, 2 years now?? :blush: We enjoyed it a lot.... they're going to get Dan to watch it with them tomorrow before we send it back.

Hope everyone's doing well -- I may check in later, we'll see how the afternoon goes around here. I may not be cooking dinner, but I'm making Christine's Texas Cheesecake to take to work with me, and a big pot of a favorite soup of mine that no one else cares for so I'll have it for work, too. Yumm!!

Catch you all later, I hope....