PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Scrapping for Valentines.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ElenitaB
01-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Hi, Frankie! Is the moral of the story is to keep ginormous underwear in the kitchen?

I didn't leave you last night! Everytime you send a message, it said User Not Available!

I hope you finally got to sleep and that tomorrow goes well for you!

You still like me right? I sure hope so!
Sorry about that! Once again, my wireless connection dropped. Since it was well after 2:30, I thought it better not to reboot. So I did go to sleep. And, yes, of course I still like you, silly! :hug:

Once upon a time, the little girl wouldn't go to sleep so an ogre came and broke her Xbox.
Close... but it was more like "Once upon a time, a giant lady wouldn't go to sleep so her evil ISP came and cut off her internet." Does that work?

Ever since her grandchild was born she wants every Saturday off, so if she does complain to the boss, all I have to do is tell her how many Saturdays my assistant has asked for off and then it'll go back to both of us working every Saturday. There is justice...:thedolls:

Does anyone have anything to relieve a major stress headache?
Is it just me or does it sound like she's been babysitting the baby every Saturday? However, rules are rules and "every other Saturday" does not equate "every Saturday." You've been very generous with her and she's been inflexible... see below.

Absolutely. We'll make her an offer she can't refuse. Does she like shoes? We can get her a pair of concrete ones.
We have to remember the ice saw because the lakes may well be frozen over in those latitudes.

Well, young Euan had a febrile seizure on Tuesday evening. He had been feverish all day, and then was quite chilled through dinner. We decided to plop him in the bath, then we would give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Well, Brian was shaving, and I was sorting laundry while Euan was in the tub, and I heard Brian saying "Euan...stop goofing around. Euan talk to Daddy. Euan .... Euan..." So I ran in, as Brian was taking him out of the tub (he had begun to slide down into the water) and we determined he was having a seizure.

... He was unresponsive, and had extremely shallow breathing and his lips were going blue. So I called 9-1-1 while Brian layed him on the bed, then picked him up, then layed him on the bed, then picked him up .... then finally after about a minute or more, he finally smiled at me.

The Firefighters arrived first -- three of them. One took notes, one looked after Euan and asked us questions, and the third assisted that guy. They administered some oxygen then Euan puked all over himself and my bed ... and then did it again .... Then the paramedics arrived. So we had 5 wet booted handsome heros in our bedroom attending to our son.

Here's a funny thing though ... The head Firefighter guy said to me "You guys were at Disney in October". I said "Yeah, we were." He said "We sat next to you at dinner in the castle" ... I remembered then -- he and his wife and their daughters. What a small world, eh?

So, since our local hospital was on by-pass, they took us to the next city over (not far) where Euan got all checked out and released. He was absolutely fine. He even went to school yesterday ... He's just fine. He will need an EEG, however (Harry had one and an MRI after his first seizure too).
Anyone else have a good story to tell?
Thank God, he's okay. How scary for you guys! Luckily the Lord blessed the boys with two really great parents and had Brian in the right place at the right time (reminds me of Dan being in the right place at the right time just a few weeks ago).

Amazing that the chief remembered you guys from CRT. Yes, :sing: it's a small world.

I found it funny that here you are in the midst of a difficult situation and you were checking out the emergency personnel. Are you sure we're not related? My freshman year I broke my leg while skiing (a lifetime ago was I was like 1/3 of my current size) and had to be brought down the mountain in one of those special sleds. All I could think of was how cute the ski patrol guy was.

Glad to hear that he was back at school and getting ready for his BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

Are we ready for Friday already? Where'd the rest of the week go?

Next, I get to greet high school students from all over the region who are participating in a mock trial program in a couple of weeks. Guess which of the three hostings will make me most nervous. All I did was sign up to be a judge in the competition, and next thing I know, I'm the regional coordinator because the usual guy couldn't do it this year.
This week has gone by quickly... I'm ready for a FABULOUS Friday but an unproductive one. I have to go into the office for a townhall meeting and will miss most of my productive puter time. :geek: I'm sure, however, that the townhall will be interesting.

That stinks about your kitchen counter. I can comiserate with you...the plumber is coming tomorrow to fix our 3 month old bathroom and the contractor is coming to fix our bathroom cabinet door that is hanging by one hinge.
My bathroom cabinet is broken in the same way. Can they come fix mine too?

So you have more stories then burning laundry?
Who knew that we'd get to mention burning laundry more than once in this thread?

And is Canada (well Ontario) the only place you can't get Wine in the grocery store?
You can in California, and I think in Florida too (I know I've bought wine... not great wine but wine, nonetheless, in a CVS in Orlando). You can't in New York... only :beer: and :ack: cooking wine.

Night all! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight. Have a good night at work, Blythe!

Tink&Goofy
01-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Today was a rather rough day. I found out this afternoon that a coworker of mine who retired last October, died this morning. He had won his battle with cancer several years ago, but not this time. He was the most optimistic, upbeat person. Kind of reminds me of you, Pogo! So, please keep his family in your prayers. :(

On a more upbeat topic, who has already spent their tax "rebate" to be coming this spring?

And Yes - you can buy wine in the grocery store in Oregon!

Caroleh
01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Cut her off at the pass and call your boss first. :pixie: to get through it all!

Just giving you all an update...I went to call the boss, she was off today. I also received a text message from my DD who informed me she lost her job because of the enconmy, and I kinda lost it and began crying my eyes out. You know when the boss cries everyone gets worried and she said I could have the weekend off I wanted for us to move.

Well, young Euan had a febrile seizure on Tuesday evening. He had been feverish all day, and then was quite chilled through dinner. We decided to plop him in the bath, then we would give him some Motrin and put him to bed. Well, Brian was shaving, and I was sorting laundry while Euan was in the tub, and I heard Brian saying "Euan...stop goofing around. Euan talk to Daddy. Euan .... Euan..." So I ran in, as Brian was taking him out of the tub (he had begun to slide down into the water) and we determined he was having a seizure.

Harry had several seizures as a young child -- but he always went stiff and spasmed -- Euan went limp and "stoned" He was unresponsive, and had extremely shallow breathing and his lips were going blue. So I called 9-1-1 while Brian layed him on the bed, then picked him up, then layed him on the bed, then picked him up .... then finally after about a minute or more, he finally smiled at me. By this time we could hear the sirens -- so Harry took the dogs downstairs and outside -- and Brian went to wait for the Emergency workers -- and I kept poking and prodding poor Euey.

The Firefighters arrived first -- three of them. One took notes, one looked after Euan and asked us questions, and the third assisted that guy. They administered some oxygen then Euan puked all over himself and my bed ... and then did it again .... Then the paramedics arrived. So we had 5 wet booted handsome heros in our bedroom attending to our son. Here's a funny thing though ... The head Firefighter guy said to me "You guys were at Disney in October". I said "Yeah, we were." He said "We sat next to you at dinner in the castle" ... I remembered then -- he and his wife and their daughters. Funny how everyone remembers us.....:D ... He was a really lovely guy and kept calling out "Euey... we're here" "Euey ... hey big guy" 'cause poor Euan was sooooooooooo out of it. What a small world, eh?

Then Brian showed the Firefighters out -- and left us with the paramedics who recommended that we go to the hospital as it was Euan's first seizure. So, since our local hospital was on by-pass, they took us to the next city over (not far) where Euan got all checked out and released. He was absolutely fine. He even went to school yesterday ... He's just fine. He will need an EEG, however (Harry had one and an MRI after his first seizure too). So it was upsetting, but I'm not worried about him. We just need to be aggressive about medicating him at the first sign of fever.

So that's the story of the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir. Not horrible, but somewhat upsetting at the time. I told Brian that I have never entertained so many men at the same time in my room :blush:! The good news is that Euan is absolutely fine.

Oh, Jenn, that is SO scary. We're so glad that Euan is fine. Gilles said there must some magic in Euan's hat!!

IChristine -- tomorrow is Euan's 4th birthday. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have Mickey Mouse on a cake? I ended up buying a set of the Clubhouse guys at the DS, washing them and taking them to the bakery to have them put onto a cake for the event. And why aren't I baking the cake, you might ask? Well our one year old kitchen counter has to be removed so that THE BUILDER CAN PUT THE SUPPORT FRAME IN! Our counter was sinking! Thank goodness I hadn't put the backsplash in yet. NOw I'm rambling....Is it contagious?

Tell Euan Happy Brithday from the two of us!!!

Is this counter thing something I need to worry about? Gilles wants to know who your builder was...just checking to see if we have the same one. :D

Oh, he's gonna be 4!!! That seems impossible! :baby:

That stinks about your kitchen counter. I can comiserate with you...the plumber is coming tomorrow to fix our 3 month old bathroom and the contractor is coming to fix our bathroom cabinet door that is hanging by one hinge.

Okay now you two are getting me really concerned..what all do I need to watch out for? I've been told about popping nails.

Dsnygirl
01-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Have a good night at work, Blythe!
Thanks!! I'll be leaving in a bit, stopping by the DD on the way - any orders for any night owls out there??

I'll again be on the "anti-computer" floor, so I'll check in if I can... :(

Today was a rather rough day. I found out this afternoon that a coworker of mine who retired last October, died this morning. He had won his battle with cancer several years ago, but not this time. He was the most optimistic, upbeat person. Kind of reminds me of you, Pogo! So, please keep his family in your prayers. :(

On a more upbeat topic, who has already spent their tax "rebate" to be coming this spring?

T&G, I'm so sorry to hear that... news like that always takes the wind right out of your sails. Sending a :hug: your way, and his family will definitely be in our thoughts & prayers.

Yes - many times over... :blush:

Lucky you!! Gotta love "one-stop shopping"...

Just giving you all an update...I went to call the boss, she was off today. I also received a text message from my DD who informed me she lost her job because of the enconmy, and I kinda lost it and began crying my eyes out. You know when the boss cries everyone gets worried and she said I could have the weekend off I wanted for us to move.
Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD... it's hard to hear about family going through stuff like that. But at least it helped on your end... ;) My brother is in a similar situation as your DD and expected the ax to fall this morning... haven't heard anything yet, though. Very scary...

And about your new house? Well, let me tell you, after having built two and lived in one of them, and now having a DH who works for a builder, there's a lot to expect, but none of it should be major. Definitely nail pops, for years... possibly a wall crack or two as the land and house settle - but nothing structural - just usually spackling or "mud"... if you'd like a comprehensive list, just let me know... Dan says I expect too much out of a new build, :blush:, and that so much is just "normal" and easily fixed. Still, it's a royal pain in the... backside. ;)

Hope you're all having a good night... maybe I'll catch a few of you later from babyland!!

Beast_fanatic
01-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Does anyone have anything to relieve a major stress headache?

Hope your headache is better by now! If not, I have Tylenol, Advil and Excedrin Migraine.

Anybody want to hear the story about the 3 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics in my boudoir on Tuesday evening?

Well, I've read the story, and I'm very glad to hear that Euan is OK! When will you get those test results back to us? ;)

Funny, almost all of my stories involve the police rather than firefighters.

I'm very sorry to hear about your co-worker. :hug:

The tax rebate will undoubtedly go to reduce my hubby's credit card debt. :mad:

Okay now you two are getting me really concerned..what all do I need to watch out for? I've been told about popping nails.

Glad you get your weekend off. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your DD though. :hug:

I had a friend that bought a model home, and they had to get someone to come fix their kitchen sink as soon as they moved in - the drain wasn't connected to anything, so the water just ran straight out into the cabinet!

Caroleh
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD... it's hard to hear about family going through stuff like that. But at least it helped on your end... ;) My brother is in a similar situation as your DD and expected the ax to fall this morning... haven't heard anything yet, though. Very scary...

And about your new house? Well, let me tell you, after having built two and lived in one of them, and now having a DH who works for a builder, there's a lot to expect, but none of it should be major. Definitely nail pops, for years... possibly a wall crack or two as the land and house settle - but nothing structural - just usually spackling or "mud"... if you'd like a comprehensive list, just let me know... Dan says I expect too much out of a new build, :blush:, and that so much is just "normal" and easily fixed. Still, it's a royal pain in the... backside. ;)

The DD got her notice yesterday that she was getting laid off and her last day is tomorrow. She works for a major RV manufacturer, which I figured she would be losing her job because she's been there for a little less then a year. Ken, can we get a new RV from a company that starts with a W and make a special request that my DD has to help make it? Do you think that'll help her?

I gotta give the kid credit, she went and talked to her student loans people and got one deferred and the other one that we co-signed for her payments lowered. We were discussing her looking for a new job and decided that if she needed to she could always do child care because the area is in dire need of child care providers.

Blythe, could you pm me that list?

The stress headache is actually better, I think the belly dancing helped!!!:D

ElenitaB
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Cindy, sorry for the loss! Goes to show what a good friend you are! Prayers have been said for the family.

I wish I was in a financial situation to use my tax rebate check and send it for cancer research but alas, I need to send it to my creditors. (There are however two shiny new cellphones that will be calling me in August [buy us, buy us]... please send Jiminy my way when the rebate checks are released.)

Carol, it stinks about your DD losing her job. :pixie: that something even better shows up soon!

Blythe, what's DD? Do they sell warm milk and honey? I'm off to bed! The earliest in weeks so the warm milk should help.

Nightie night!

Christine
01-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Whew! I am JUST NOW getting home! Long day...lots of running!

So, are you ready for this??? Drum roll please...:drum: I WON AT BUNKO TONIGHT!!! $30 bucks! And Canton is next week. What a coinky-dink! :D

I'll have to catch up on the day's happenings tomorrow...I have to go whoop John's tail on the Wii and then off to bed!

'night!

trackbarroness
01-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Good morning everyone.
Looks like you all have been very busy chatting up a storm in this here thread. :D
So what kind of trouble err I mean stuff that I can get into today? :D

Natazu
01-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Happy Birthday Euan

and praises be to his cool-headed parents.
I'm glad he's ok. Let us know about the EEG.

Did you get the, um, liquids cleaned up ok?

pogo
01-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Good morning all.... and Happy Birthday Euan !

I've been pretty busy the past two days and today is a little more laid back.

I think we are going to go see the Bucket List movie tomorrow. Has anyone seen it ??

Today was a rather rough day. I found out this afternoon that a coworker of mine who retired last October, died this morning. He had won his battle with cancer several years ago, but not this time. He was the most optimistic, upbeat person. Kind of reminds me of you, Pogo! So, please keep his family in your prayers.

T&G... I''m sorry for your loss.... it is never easy to lose a friend. But it is the circle of life. That is the reason I try to live each day as if it were my last. Here's a :hug: for you and prayers for your coworker have been said.

I'm not spending any of the tax rebate until I have the money in hand.

Looks like you need a :hug: too. Be sure to give your DD this advice. When change happens it brings so many opportunities with it. You can sit and sulk, or you can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to change your lifestyle for the better. Now's the time to get positive !

Funny, almost all of my stories involve the police rather than firefighters.
Oh you little devil you... can you tell us stories ?? :D

I gotta give the kid credit, she went and talked to her student loans people and got one deferred and the other one that we co-signed for her payments lowered. We were discussing her looking for a new job and decided that if she needed to she could always do child care because the area is in dire need of child care providers.
She sounds like one smart cookie ! Who does she take after ??? :confused:

Whew! I am JUST NOW getting home! Long day...lots of running!

So, are you ready for this??? Drum roll please...:drum: I WON AT BUNKO TONIGHT!!! $30 bucks! And Canton is next week. What a coinky-dink! :D

I'll have to catch up on the day's happenings tomorrow...I have to go whoop John's tail on the Wii and then off to bed!

'night!
I feel sorry for John's butt. :shake:

Good morning everyone.
Looks like you all have been very busy chatting up a storm in this here thread.
So what kind of trouble err I mean stuff that I can get into today?
Well if you are working around Stitch, I'm sure you'll find some trouble to get into. :D

Caroleh
01-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Looks like you need a :hug: too. Be sure to give your DD this advice. When change happens it brings so many opportunities with it. You can sit and sulk, or you can take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to change your lifestyle for the better. Now's the time to get positive !

She sounds like one smart cookie ! Who does she take after ??? :confused:

Thanks, Buddy. I told her to go out start looking for a job and if it comes to taking a job as a waitress or housecleaner, it's a job and you'll never know where it'll land you. That's when she told me she could do daycare because there's a big need for it.

As for as who she takes after...Gilles said it isn't her father!!! She is SO like her mothre in many ways!! I hate to say this, but I also think her boyfriend has a lot to do with it.

I was thinking about how I wanted to decorate my scrapbooking studio. I was thinking about painting some heads of certian cartoon characters in different areas. Does anyone know how I could get the heads there and looking professional from a very bad artist? I could do it with fabric but not drawing.

disneydrmr
01-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone! VP is here today so I'll have to work around his movements again.

Hugs to all who need them! T&G, Carol, etc..

:party:Happy Birthday Euan!:party:

Who thinks I should give up my :trampo:? First it was pulling a muscle in my back. Now, last night, I either bounced or trounced wrong, landed on my right foot the wrong way and busted a blood vessel. Got a nice sized blood bruise in my foot this AM. Luckily it ain't sore.. just icky looking.

Hope I'll be able to check in later....

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Is this counter thing something I need to worry about? Gilles wants to know who your builder was...just checking to see if we have the same one. :DCanac. I would definitely stick my head under the cabinets to ensure they are supported. This problem was behind where we had a lazy susan put in .... not one bit of the countertop is supported behind there...

Today was a rather rough day. I found out this afternoon that a coworker of mine who retired last October, died this morning.I'm so sorry T&G! :hug: for you and his family.

I found it funny that here you are in the midst of a difficult situation and you were checking out the emergency personnel.I wasn't checking out the Firefighters :blush: ... I was making sure they were doing what they had to do...:D

Did you get the, um, liquids cleaned up ok?I left that to the team of Brian and Harry -- and I'm happy to say that all was cleaned, dried and put back onto my bed in record time! Apparently they had to move quick because the doggies were trying to help :ack:. Why are dogs so gross????
I think we are going to go see the Bucket List movie tomorrow. Has anyone seen it ?? :hi: Hey Cousin! -- Haven't seen that one -- But I did meet Morgan Freeman in London at Miss Saigon back in the day.... That was a real thrill..... Anyhooo... We did go and see National Treasure on Saturday night... We enjoyed it.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes for Euan -- He's sang Happy Birthday all morning long -- and I'm sure he's still at it now! :mickey:

alpro2
01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
41Who thinks I should give up my :trampo:? First it was pulling a muscle in my back. Now, last night, I either bounced or trounced wrong, landed on my right foot the wrong way and busted a blood vessel. Got a nice sized blood bruise in my foot this AM. Luckily it ain't sore.. just icky looking.

Di, Di, Di...:bang: Good thing it was on $20.

Happy Birthday Euan!

Want to hear something funny? I met one of Maria's friends last night. When she came over to the house, it was a girl (woman) who I shared homeroom with in HS for four years! As you could imagine, she told Maria how bad I was in HS. :thedolls:

Christine
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Who thinks I should give up my :trampo:? First it was pulling a muscle in my back. Now, last night, I either bounced or trounced wrong, landed on my right foot the wrong way and busted a blood vessel. Got a nice sized blood bruise in my foot this AM. Luckily it ain't sore.. just icky looking.

Unless you want to wait until you've injured at least four more body parts, than yes, give it up!

I wasn't checking out the Firefighters :blush: ... I was making sure they were doing what they had to do...:D
Oh and here I was so impressed with how you'd handled the situation! ;) Jenn, Jenn, Jenn, you ALWAYS check out the rescue workers!!
I truly think emergency personnel is so darn hunky as a method to divert your mind from the trauma that is taking place! :thumbsup: They're there to help!

Want to hear something funny? I met one of Maria's friends last night. When she came over to the house, it was a girl (woman) who I shared homeroom with in HS for four years! As you could imagine, she told Maria how bad I was in HS. :thedolls:
But did she bring a yearbook???

Christine
01-25-2008, 09:43 AM
OOpps! I forgot to say:

:birthday: Euan!!! Eat lots of cake today!!

Carol, I'm sorry to hear about your DDs job. Like Pogo says, when one door closes, another one opens! But I know it's hard to think that way sometimes when it's YOU that it's closing on!

Cindy, sorry to hear about your friend's passing. That is never easy. :(

What's everyone doing today? I'm starting to car shop! :cheer: But I think Mr. Dave Ramsey may need to make a visit to my house...his program is starting to get fuzzy! I went from wanting to downsize from my 4-Runner to a Corolla (save gas, lower my payment, etc). But somehow I've done nothing but look at Lexus RX 360s!! :blush: But they're USED!!! That's following Dave's plan of never buying a new car, right???

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Do you think little al wore his collar up or down?:D

Christine
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
What collar? I'm thinking he had the Miami Vice t-shirt and sports jacket thing going!!!

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
What collar? I'm thinking he had the Miami Vice t-shirt and sports jacket thing going!!!
...and boat shoes, no socks? Nahhh.

He's a rock'n'roll hottie! He had a Michael Jackson jacket, and one glove :thedolls:!

BriarRose0708
01-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Happy Birthday Euan, make a wish! :pixie:

It's the weekend! What's everyone doing?

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
:hi: Nikki! My people tell me I am going to Chuck E. Cheese tonight .... Can somebody pass the Advil?:mickey: What about you?

pogo
01-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Just a quick zoop in and out to say :hi:.

Busy, busy, and more busy all of a sudden, but I had to read how Diane hurt herself again. How do you get hurt on a mini trampoline ???? :confused: I hope you are OK.

See you all later.. :funny: :D

offwego
01-25-2008, 10:41 AM
:hi: Nikki! My people tell me I am going to Chuck E. Cheese tonight .... Can somebody pass the Advil?:mickey: What about you?

Oy!

Happy Birthday to Euan!!!

Di..please be careful.
T & G I'm soo sorry for your loss. That's very rough.
Christine you are too funny!

Carol sorry to hear about your DD. She's in the US right? That must make it even tougher.

Hello to everyone else. Is this day over yet? Mine is far far too busy today.

Christine
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
:hi: Nikki! We're car shopping this weekend, and John is playing in a poker tournament all day/night tomorrow. Maybe I should wait until AFTER I see how he does at poker to shop for cars...it could be the difference between that Lexus and a moped! :spend:

What are your plans??

My people tell me I am going to Chuck E. Cheese tonight .... Can somebody pass the Advil?:mickey: What about you?
Ooooo, I don't envy you!! That rat is not a favorite of mine! Do you have a flask? ;)

Is this day over yet? Mine is far far too busy today.

Slow down, Nat!

I'm waiting on a friend of mine to come over and talk Disney! She is planning her first trip over Spring Break.

OOOOOH! And I have to tell you that I have the BEST dessert recipe EVER to share! I'll post it here and again at the water cooler, but you HAVE to try it! We had it last night at bunko and I can honestly say it's one of the best desserts I have EVER eaten! :tasty:

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz containers of cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Arrange 1 can crescent rolls (not necessary to make the seams touch..just unroll and lay flat.)

Melt 2 tubs of cream cheese in microwave, and mix in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread over crescent rolls.

Open the 2nd can of crescent rolls, unroll, and lay across the top of cream cheese mixture. (Again, no need to meet seams...just unroll and lay across top).

Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter and mix with 1 c. sugar. Pour across top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Trust me, this is so good it will make you wanna hurt somebody! :boxing:

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Soooo What's everyone doing in honour of Robbie Burns's birthday?:pipes:

Jasper
01-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi all! Are y'all enjoying your Friday?

I am just zooping in for a minute to say hello. I have to leave here shortly for a doctor visit. I am slowly getting back on my feet but have a hard time sitting in a chair to use the computer which is why you haven't seen me around here for a while.

So, does anyone want to give me the Readers Digest version of what is going on around here?

BriarRose0708
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
I used to envy all the kids who got to have birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese. We had ours at McDonalds. Pack some ear plugs and a bottle of Advil and you'll be set!

:hi: Nikki! We're car shopping this weekend, and John is playing in a poker tournament all day/night tomorrow. Maybe I should wait until AFTER I see how he does at poker to shop for cars...it could be the difference between that Lexus and a moped! :spend:

What are your plans?
I don't have much going on this weekend. The theatre department is putting on Assassins this weekend, a movie is showing tomorrow, and I have a couple meetings on Sunday. Pretty low-key for the most part. Let us know if John hits it big at Poker!

OOOOOH! And I have to tell you that I have the BEST dessert recipe EVER to share! I'll post it here and again at the water cooler, but you HAVE to try it! We had it last night at bunko and I can honestly say it's one of the best desserts I have EVER eaten! :tasty:

2 cans crescent rolls
2 8 oz containers of cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Arrange 1 can crescent rolls (not necessary to make the seams touch..just unroll and lay flat.)

Melt 2 tubs of cream cheese in microwave, and mix in 1 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Spread over crescent rolls.

Open the 2nd can of crescent rolls, unroll, and lay across the top of cream cheese mixture. (Again, no need to meet seams...just unroll and lay across top).

Melt 1 1/2 sticks butter and mix with 1 c. sugar. Pour across top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Trust me, this is so good it will make you wanna hurt somebody! :boxing:

I think I'll try to make that next weekend to bring to a Superbowl party! Do you think I could make a low-fat version using reduced-fat crescents, neufatchel cheese, and smart balance?

alpro2
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
No, but I had mine. :D

C'mon, what kind of question is that? Up, of course. :cool:

Yes, that too. And? :cool:

...and boat shoes, no socks? Nahhh.

He's a rock'n'roll hottie! He had a Michael Jackson jacket, and one glove :thedolls:!
Can't do the boat shoes thing, but I did do the rock'n'roll thing too (as a matter of fact, I am still trying). :D

Taking my boys to see U2 3D at the Imax tomorrow night.

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Taking my boys to see U2 3D at the Imax tomorrow night.It starts here tonight ... My sister has plans to go too. Maybe you could get Adam to come and be your bassist?

JanetMegan
01-25-2008, 01:51 PM
So I'm back...what have I missed?

alpro2
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
It starts here tonight ... My sister has plans to go too. Maybe you could get Adam to come and be your bassist?
Yes, now why didn't I think that?

You've been gone for a long time. Are you here to stay?

Mickey'sGirl
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Remember? You're the brawn and I'm the brains.... Jeesh.

Hey Janet -- Things never change around here.... :crazy: Glad to see you!

pogo
01-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Can't do the boat shoes thing, but I did do the rock'n'roll thing too (as a matter of fact, I am still trying).
I bet it was easier when you didn't have to wear that hair piece ! :D

Who are you ?? Where have you been ?? You will have to go back and read all 647 pages that were posted since you've been gone. Give me a :beer: and you won't have to !

Because you were not smart enough ??? :D

Remember? You're the brawn and I'm the brains.... Jeesh.

:hi: Cousin.... I'm betting your stronger than him too ! :D

alpro2
01-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I bet it was easier when you didn't have to wear that hair piece ! :D

Who are you ?? Where have you been ?? You will have to go back and read all 647 pages that were posted since you've been gone. Give me a :beer: and you won't have to !

Because you were not smart enough ??? :D

:hi: Cousin.... I'm betting your stronger than him too ! :D
Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Pogo? Sheesh!

pogo
01-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, Pogo? Sheesh!Nope... why do you ask ???? :D

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Happy birthday, Euan!

Hi, Janet!

I was thinking about how I wanted to decorate my scrapbooking studio. I was thinking about painting some heads of certian cartoon characters in different areas. Does anyone know how I could get the heads there and looking professional from a very bad artist? I could do it with fabric but not drawing.
Do you have a projector or could you rent one? Just project the image you want on the wall and trace it. If not, you could always buy a cheap coloring book and trace the individual pages onto your wall. Good luck!

You have my condolences. That's one mouse I'd be glad to never see again in my life. How about a :marg: first? Is it just your foursome or are you bringing along pint-sized guests. I had Ben's third birthday party there... I thought I would lose my mind!!

Soooo What's everyone doing in honour of Robbie Burns's birthday?:pipes:
I'm celebrating Euan's birthday, not Robbie Burns!

I think I'll try to make that next weekend to bring to a Superbowl party! Do you think I could make a low-fat version using reduced-fat crescents, neufatchel cheese, and smart balance?
Nikki, let us know if you do that and how it came out... I'd consider your makeover of the recipe but I think the original could cause me to see some emergency workers (and they may not be cute).

Well, off to get DS's ears lowered and to see if there's any hope for my dual level hair. Later!

Christine
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know...my mind doesn't think that way! :blush:

Taking my boys to see U2 3D at the Imax tomorrow night.
:envy:

Hopefully US!! :here:

We're off to Posado's again tonight for enchilladas and happy hour :marg:. I am REALLY enjoying my Friday night ritual! (Although this week I slipped a Wednesday in there too! :secret:) Anyone wanna join us??

Dsnygirl
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Happy Birthday, Euan!!

Wow - you guys have been busy again... makes it hard for a girl to get anything done around here!! :blush:

Blythe, could you pm me that list?

Not a problem - let me get an "official" (sort-of) one from Dan and I'll send it on over!!

Blythe, what's DD? Do they sell warm milk and honey? I'm off to bed! The earliest in weeks so the warm milk should help.

Sorry - Dunkin' Donuts. Everybody around here just calls it the "double-d"... I prefer Starbucks, but on the way to work when eveything good is closed, you take what you can get!!

So, are you ready for this??? Drum roll please... I WON AT BUNKO TONIGHT!!! $30 bucks! And Canton is next week. What a coinky-dink!
Good job!! Canton must be amazing, I could spend $30 at Starbucks... (okay, not really, but if I bought enough bags of beans... :blush:)

I think we are going to go see the Bucket List movie tomorrow. Has anyone seen it ??

I'm not spending any of the tax rebate until I have the money in hand.

Nope, but we'd really like to. Maybe in the next weekend or two... you'll have to tell us what you guys think!

Ditto... but I've spent it time & time again in my mind... ;)

But I did meet Morgan Freeman in London at Miss Saigon back in the day.... That was a real thrill.....
How lucky are you!!! :cool:

Want to hear something funny? I met one of Maria's friends last night. When she came over to the house, it was a girl (woman) who I shared homeroom with in HS for four years! As you could imagine, she told Maria how bad I was in HS.
Hey - what are friends for???

But somehow I've done nothing but look at Lexus RX 360s!! But they're USED!!! That's following Dave's plan of never buying a new car, right???
Christine, you & I better never get together and really want something, b/c between us, I think we could rationalize our way into anything!! It's a gift, right???

Well, tonight we're just hanging out, relaxing... tomorrow we may go see a house that just came on the market that we'd at least like to walk through (funny thing about this house... I noticed it back in December when they put their Christmas lights on b/c it's set back off a side road we go by on the way to the stables. I'd never noticed it before b/c of that, but since it was dark on our way home in December, once their lights were on, it just struck me as such a pretty house, and I actually called Dan and said, "you'll never believe this house I just saw... it's so pretty, etc., etc., etc" So, I've been looking at it once & awhile on our way to and from the stables, and have always thought I really like it, why do those people have "my house", why can't houses like that go for sale, etc. And lo and behold, it went on the market 2 weeks ago!! Weird, huh?? So, we'll see what we think....)

Sunday, I'm doing a scrapbooking party for a friend (again, in Rochester) and will be gone most of the day doing it... not my preference, but it was the only day we could find and she was just so excited to have one, so... there you go.

My people tell me I am going to Chuck E. Cheese tonight .... Can somebody pass the Advil?
How about a :marg:??? My girls love that place... why, oh why is it so popular???

:Ooooo, I don't envy you!! That rat is not a favorite of mine! Do you have a flask?

Another good idea....

... and I'm going to try that recipe... but if it's as good as it sounds, you're in trouble...

Hi all! Are y'all enjoying your Friday?

I am just zooping in for a minute to say hello. I have to leave here shortly for a doctor visit. I am slowly getting back on my feet but have a hard time sitting in a chair to use the computer which is why you haven't seen me around here for a while.

So, does anyone want to give me the Readers Digest version of what is going on around here?
Hi Jasper!! I'm not good at the RD versions, so I'll just say hi and that I'm glad you're still getting better and better and up on your feet... it's good to see you here!!

C'mon, what kind of question is that? Up, of course.

Boy, we children of the 80's really thought we had it all going on, didn't we???

Hi Janet!! Good to see you here -- I'm not sure I was a part of JQ when you were last around, and to try and tell you what you missed would take about 4 or 5 posts... so I'll just leave that to the "old guys"!! ;)

Christine
01-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Christine, you & I better never get together and really want something, b/c between us, I think we could rationalize our way into anything!! It's a gift, right??? Absolutely...and yes, together we could do some serious damage! So we should really plan that!! :D

That makes me think of a friend of mine --she and I "feed" off each other. I can help her make peace with dropping a ton of cash on the most unnecessary thing, and vice versa!

One time when she had to go to the hospital for an operation, her husband asked the Dr. if he could take her "wanter" out! :funny:

Mine is inoperable!!! :D

... and I'm going to try that recipe... but if it's as good as it sounds, you're in trouble...

Then I'm gonna be in trouble b/c it's GOOD!

Dsnygirl
01-25-2008, 06:00 PM
We're off to Posado's again tonight for enchilladas and happy hour :marg:. I am REALLY enjoying my Friday night ritual! (Although this week I slipped a Wednesday in there too!) Anyone wanna join us??
I wish!! I'll have to do a substitute here and open a bottle of :wine:... we're all out of Tequila!! :faint:

That makes me think of a friend of mine --she and I "feed" off each other. I can help her make peace with dropping a ton of cash on the most unnecessary thing, and vice versa!

One time when she had to go to the hospital for an operation, her husband asked the Dr. if he could take her "wanter" out! :funny:

Then I'm gonna be in trouble b/c it's GOOD!
Boy, if Dan could have my "wanter" out, he wouldn't care what it cost... of course, with his new golf obesession, it gives me a little more leverage, as his "wanter" has gotten a little crazy lately... (somehow, I'm not sure that sounds the way I meant it to... :blush:)

So, we didn't hear back about seeing the house tomorrow... :( ... I'm hoping we can set something up in the morning. It's great that folks from Dan's work can represent us - helps with the $$$ end of things - but as for getting things done in a timely fashion, not so much... sigh... but then, I'm not known (at all) for my patience, either!! (Dan would probably say that's the understatement of the century...) I'll cross my fingers that we can work something out, and try to :zipped:. (:funny:) Dan really should be keeping up with us here... he'd be rolling on the floor right now...

I need a question -- what's for dinner???

drummerboy
01-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Zoop.

Things went well today. No major casualties that we know of, no festering wounds. More later--supper's waiting.

Everybody Friday-ing all right?

Caroleh
01-25-2008, 07:43 PM

You were bad in high school? I don't believe that!!! :rotfl:

Carol sorry to hear about your DD. She's in the US right? That must make it even tougher.

Yes she is, in Iowa so it's not even that close.

Do you have a projector or could you rent one? Just project the image you want on the wall and trace it. If not, you could always buy a cheap coloring book and trace the individual pages onto your wall. Good luck!

I was thinking about the projector, but I like the Idea of the colouring book, only I think I'll use clip art. I was thinking about putting Goofy's head around the door area, Mickey around the window, and Donald hanging around someplace. Do you think that'll make a great place to hang out?

Hi Janet!!! Are you going to help Blythe, Ellen, Bethany and me teach these men scrapbooking?

Christine
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
his "wanter" has gotten a little crazy lately... (somehow, I'm not sure that sounds the way I meant it to... :blush:)
Now THAT's stinkin' hilarious! ;) :funny:

Things went well today. No major casualties that we know of, no festering wounds.
Hey, you set your goals and you go for 'em! :shrug:

I'm a TEENY bit tipsy after dinner (who's to say it's the :marg: and not the enchilladas???)
So I'm gonna take a hot bath, get my jammies, and get ready to watch Best Week Ever!

Does anyone else just LOVE that show??

Dsnygirl
01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
So I'm gonna take a hot bath, get my jammies, and get ready to watch Best Week Ever!

Does anyone else just LOVE that show??
Okay, so you may be "movie challenged" (:D) but I am definitely getting the feeling around here that I am seriously "tv challenged"... I have NO idea what half the shows you guys talk about are, including this one!! Some I've heard of, but never watched... I am SO out of it when it comes to current TV!! I suppose part of it is b/c of my work hours 3 evenings a week, and it's certainly not from lack of desire... sigh... I am going to have to do something about this and learn to plant myself on that couch more often!! (of course, being in control of the remote would help, too....)

So - one kid down, one to go... then maybe I can relax.... but at least I already opened the :wine:!!! Anybody want some??

ElenitaB
01-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry - Dunkin' Donuts. Everybody around here just calls it the "double-d"... I prefer Starbucks, but on the way to work when eveything good is closed, you take what you can get!!

Good job!! Canton must be amazing, I could spend $30 at Starbucks... (okay, not really, but if I bought enough bags of beans... :blush:)

Well, tonight we're just hanging out, relaxing... tomorrow we may go see a house that just came on the market that we'd at least like to walk through (funny thing about this house... I noticed it back in December when they put their Christmas lights on b/c it's set back off a side road we go by on the way to the stables. I'd never noticed it before b/c of that, but since it was dark on our way home in December, once their lights were on, it just struck me as such a pretty house, and I actually called Dan and said, "you'll never believe this house I just saw... it's so pretty, etc., etc., etc" So, I've been looking at it once & awhile on our way to and from the stables, and have always thought I really like it, why do those people have "my house", why can't houses like that go for sale, etc. And lo and behold, it went on the market 2 weeks ago!! Weird, huh?? So, we'll see what we think....)
You know, now that I think of it... there always seems to be a DD near a hospital. Location, location, location (that and the fact that they have a 24/7 clientele located right near them).

I can spend $30 so easily at Starbucks. I have a "thing" for mugs and between the portable ones and the porcelain ones, and their water bottles, I'm often in trouble at the check-out counter.

Blythe, that is so cool about that house... I do hope it turns out to be as enchanting on the inside as it is on the outside. Sounds wonderful! And the fact that it came on the market, sounds like Someone was listening. Hope you can see it soon.

So after tonight's general carousing, what's happening this weekend? I'm throwing a DCL House Party this Sunday but no one is coming. :cry: Anyone want to come to my party virtually? There's even gifts to be had.

disneydeb
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Are you feeling any better Deb?

I think so. Thanks for asking.

:party:Happy Birthday, Euan!:party:

I'm glad you are feeling better too!

Jenn, What a scare that must have been!
Is that a question?:D

Carol, Here's pixie dust for your daughter, it is scary to be between jobs.:pixie:

T&G, I'm sorry to hear about your friend :hug:

Pogo, Did you retire?

Ken, I had my hubby drive me to the hospital when I thought I was having a heart attack. I think you were smart to call the paramedics.

Ellen, Have you tried on those vacation clothes yet?

BronxTigger
01-25-2008, 10:16 PM
So after tonight's general carousing, what's happening this weekend? I'm throwing a DCL House Party this Sunday but no one is coming. :cry: Anyone want to come to my party virtually? There's even gifts to be had.

I wanted to come. Can I take a raincheck? Please? I want to see the DCL stuff!

Christine...how much longer are those cookies for sale? The lady that sells them at my school came back but she said the cookie sales are done here :confused: she thinks. I don't like the lady anyways so I don't know what to do.

Blythe...that's awesome about that house. I hope everything works out for you. (and I hope "everything" includes a JQ WDW December trip too!)

T&G...sorry to hear about your friend.

Caroleh....sorry to hear about your DD and both her and your jobs. I hope things work out.

Euan...Happy Birthday! and I hope you're feeling better!

Everybody....have a great weekend! I'm going to the Habitat for Humanity thing tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes! I'm off to bed...I have to be in East New York by 8:30! (:ack:)

Christine
01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
So after tonight's general carousing, what's happening this weekend? I'm throwing a DCL House Party this Sunday but no one is coming. :cry: Anyone want to come to my party virtually? There's even gifts to be had.I'll come! DCL? Disney cruise line? I don't need a gift though...just maybe a cookie!:blush:

Glad you're feeling better, Deb!

drummerboy
01-25-2008, 10:32 PM
OK, here's the scoop. You have to know me and my background to know how much I feel like a fish out of water at these Bar functions, but I can fake it fairly well anyway. I think it was George Gobel who came on one of Johnny Carson's shows when he had Sinatra, Dean Martin, and a bunch of other "cool" guys of the time and said "Do you ever feel like the whole world's a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?" I'm the brown shoes.

So with that in mind, I MC'd the banquet last night with about 200 lawyers in attendance, and then DW and I sat across from a retired NC appeals court judge and next to the current president of the state bar association. Today at the leadership seminar, I had to do part of the welcoming remarks, then sat between another retired appeals court judge and a current federal judge. Think I was gasping for air through my gills? :D

drummerboy
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Not sure what's on the breakfast menu for tomorrow. We're staying at DD2's house and visiting with the grandkiddies for a bit, so who knows?

I'll have to catch up with all the posts when I get home.

Dsnygirl
01-25-2008, 10:59 PM
I can spend $30 so easily at Starbucks. I have a "thing" for mugs and between the portable ones and the porcelain ones, and their water bottles, I'm often in trouble at the check-out counter.

Blythe, that is so cool about that house... I do hope it turns out to be as enchanting on the inside as it is on the outside. Sounds wonderful! And the fact that it came on the market, sounds like Someone was listening. Hope you can see it soon.

Me, too... I love all their mugs, esp. the travel ones that come out at holidays... like I really need another one under the sink!!

Thanks - I hope we like it, and then again, I hope we don't. I went and sat across the street from it today after dropping Julia off for her lesson - it's the closest I've been to it, as I always just see it from a distance. It really is sweet, it has a stone wall around the front of the yard by the street and pretty lamp posts at the end of the driveway.... stone ones w/ lanterns on them... :) ... but it's also a little more than we'd like to pay at the moment, and would still need some interior work - just cosmetic, but still there. So... I kinda hope we really don't like it... but I also hope we love it and want it beyond reason. There's logic for you, right?? :crazy:

I'd love to come to your DCL party... what's DCL?? :blush: Disney Cruise Line?? Regardless, I'd come to any party you're throwing, just to be able to hang out again.

Blythe...that's awesome about that house. I hope everything works out for you. (and I hope "everything" includes a JQ WDW December trip too!)

Thanks!! Me, too!! ;)

Have fun tomorrow... I'm envious that you're involved in something like that, it's something I'd really like to do. If we didn't have the girls, I'd love to be one of those nurses that goes wherever the Red Cross needs volunteers after a major disaster, like New Orleans, etc... hopefully I'll still have it in me to do after they get big!!

So with that in mind, I MC'd the banquet last night with about 200 lawyers in attendance, and then DW and I sat across from a retired NC appeals court judge and next to the current president of the state bar association. Today at the leadership seminar, I had to do part of the welcoming remarks, then sat between another retired appeals court judge and a current federal judge. Think I was gasping for air through my gills? :D
Good for you!! You might have been gasping, but I bet no one knew it, and your "brown shoes" fit right in, with nobody the wiser!! But I bet it also felt good to come home and crash and relax... :D

What should we have for breakfast? Cinnamon toast or egg taquitos?
Tough choices... I'd have to vote for the taquitos, as they just sound good to me right now!!

Not sure what's on the breakfast menu for tomorrow. We're staying at DD2's house and visiting with the grandkiddies for a bit, so who knows?

Have a fun trip -- we'll try to behave while you're gone!! (And I bet you have pancakes... nothing like sticky little hands and sweet, syrupy little ones' breath to cheer up a morning!!) :)

pogo
01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Do you have a projector or could you rent one? Just project the image you want on the wall and trace it. If not, you could always buy a cheap coloring book and trace the individual pages onto your wall.
You are so smart ! :D

Everybody Friday-ing all right?
So far..... so good.

I was thinking about the projector, but I like the Idea of the colouring book, only I think I'll use clip art. I was thinking about putting Goofy's head around the door area.
Where did you get the picture of Alex ???

I'm throwing a DCL House Party this Sunday but no one is coming. Anyone want to come to my party virtually? There's even gifts to be had.
I'd like to come to it.... but nobody invited me. :pout:

Pogo, Did you retire?
yeah..... a couple of times. :D

OK, here's the scoop. You have to know me and my background to know how much I feel like a fish out of water at these Bar functions, but I can fake it fairly well anyway. I think it was George Gobel who came on one of Johnny Carson's shows when he had Sinatra, Dean Martin, and a bunch of other "cool" guys of the time and said "Do you ever feel like the whole world's a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?" I'm the brown shoes.
Sometimes it's nice to be the brown shoes, Big Guy ! :D

(From Olivia:))

Hi! My name is Olivia. My mommy said that I could get on ENTERCOT! I LOVE to be on INTERCOT. Even though this is my first time.:mickey:

:hi: Olivia.... are you as funny as your Mommy ??? I know you are as pretty as she is... I've seen your picture.

Tell your Mommy she can let you say Hi to us any time ! :D

Melanie
01-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Hey guys - just a quick moderator alert. :cop:

If you think a word might be borderline cussing, it probably is considered as such on INTERCOT. ;) Remember, we're family-friendly to the bone.

Sorry for the interruption! :)

ElenitaB
01-26-2008, 03:16 AM
Ken, we're so glad that you're "brown shoes" like the rest of us, but I bet you fit in just fine with all the tuxedoes. They might be judges but they don't play the drums, drive an RV or write prize-winning stories like you do!

Ellen, Have you tried on those vacation clothes yet?
As a matter of fact, I've been doing a very good job of avoidng it. But at 18 days out, I can avoid it no longer.

Well, I guess I should get some sleep, huh? Who's making breakfast in the AM?

trackbarroness
01-26-2008, 03:59 AM
hello Melanears and good morning.
umm okay
Who wants some coffee? :D
Oh Melanears? If you need a question I could lend you one of mine. :D Lolol
When's your next visit to WDW?

alpro2
01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
You were bad in high school? I don't believe that!!! :rotfl:

Amazing, isn't it? Who would have ever thunk it? :D

We have to turn in our orders Tuesday. We're going out tomorrow to hit up the neighbors! One last push before we have to turn them in!

Quick, close the curtains, turn out the lights! :D

(From Olivia:))

Hi! My name is Olivia. My mommy said that I could get on ENTERCOT! I LOVE to be on INTERCOT. Even though this is my first time.

Hi Olivia. Did you know that your mommy is just a little :goofy:? :D

Green is not your color, Pogo. :D

Dsnygirl
01-26-2008, 08:53 AM
:goofy: :rotfl:

Who's making breakfast in the AM?
Dan just did... yummy scrambled eggs with cheese & salami mixed in. :eat:

My house is unnaturally quiet this morning... Dan took Emma off to ballet, Julia is reading her Nancy Drew book and the animals are all asleep... pretty weird!!

I won't be around much today or tomorrow... after working 6 out of the last 7 nights, I've got some serious stuff to get done around here!! Plus, friends are coming over tonight and I've got my scrapbooking thingy tomorrow - and hopefully we'll get to walk through the house we're interested in (that kept me up half the night thinking about, why I don't know... :() so.... I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend... I'll zoop in later!!

(Anybody trying Christine's recipe this weekend?? I am, tonight... I'll let you all know how it is!!)

Nascfan
01-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Ooo, can I? Can I give Mel the :nono: for not putting in a question? ;) Yes, even our mods are not exempt, right?

Geez Blythe, are you tired after working that many nights? I'd be exhausted. Have a GREAT Saturday everyone!

pogo
01-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning all.... happy weekend !

Cousin... did you survive Chucky Cheese last night ???

Hey guys - just a quick moderator alert.

If you think a word might be borderline cussing, it probably is considered as such on INTERCOT. Remember, we're family-friendly to the bone.

Sorry for the interruption!
Thanks Mel... I'll keep an eye on Ellen, Ken and Rhonda and make sure they comply ! :D

Quick, close the curtains, turn out the lights!

:funny:

Dan just did... yummy scrambled eggs with cheese & salami mixed in.
Go Dan ! :thumbsup:

Ooo, can I? Can I give Mel the :nono: for not putting in a question? ;) Yes, even our mods are not exempt, right?

Geez Blythe, are you tired after working that many nights? I'd be exhausted. Have a GREAT Saturday everyone!
Hi Scott..... watching the Buick Open today ?? :D

Nascfan
01-26-2008, 09:42 AM

I sure hope to a little. Tiger's up by what, 4 strokes? He doesn't seem to have lost anything over the winter. :thumbsup:

Lauren is itching to get out already. It's a little tough with snow on the ground and it being in the teens and twenties!

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 09:45 AM

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I'm using your picture!!! :D Is it okay for me to do that? I needed a question!!!

I won't be around much today or tomorrow... after working 6 out of the last 7 nights, I've got some serious stuff to get done around here!! Plus, friends are coming over tonight and I've got my scrapbooking thingy tomorrow - and hopefully we'll get to walk through the house we're interested in (that kept me up half the night thinking about, why I don't know... :() so.... I hope you all have a great day and a great weekend... I'll zoop in later!!

(Anybody trying Christine's recipe this weekend?? I am, tonight... I'll let you all know how it is!!)

I hope everything works out with the house for you, Blythe. It would be great to have a house you really wanted!! It almost sounds like a storybook place.

I was thinking about having Gilles pick the ingredients for me today and make it!!

I have found a house that I wouldn't mind but to get it I'll have to win the lottery. It's a farm house that has a pond with a barn nearby the pond. I had dreamed about a place like that one night. I was dreaming that I opened up a place where you could have quilting/scrapbooking retreats in the barn and a bed and breakfast place for the guests. The next day we were driving around and there it was..that was 4 years ago and I still haven't won the lottery!!!

Oh, Ken, I really know about the brown shoes thing. I love to be my own person and be different from everyone else, but when I have to get together with all the other managers I feel like a fish out of water. They all wear dresses or suits and I want my blue jeans. We'll keep you and your brown shoes anyday!!!

Hi Olivia!!! :hi: Like Pogo said you can say hi anytime you want!! That goes for Emma and Julia also!!! Hi Emma!!:hi: Hi Julia!!:hi:

offwego
01-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll come! DCL? Disney cruise line? I don't need a gift though...just maybe a cookie!:blush:

That's how I feel too. But I'm not online on Sunday's so can I be virtually there?

"Do you ever feel like the whole world's a tuxedo and you're a pair of brown shoes?" I'm the brown shoes.

Seriously Ken I think most of us feel this way about those kind of functions. Good for you for doing it anyway. (and besides I'm sure it's very good for not only your firm but the local legal community and lawyer jokes aside good legal advise is imporant to so many people when you think about things like real estate, wills and estate planning, starting businesses, contracts etc...all the stuff you don't much enjoy does help you to help your clients which I'm sure you do enjoy).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

pogo
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Lauren is itching to get out already. It's a little tough with snow on the ground and it being in the teens and twenties! I know the feeling... I've got the itch too ! :golf:

I'm going to miss a little of the Buick, but we'll catch the later holes. Go Tiger ! :D

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I'm using your picture!!! :D Is it okay for me to do that? I needed a question!!!
:shake: Tell Giles he married a traitor !

Seriously Ken I think most of us feel this way about those kind of functions. Good for you for doing it anyway. (and besides I'm sure it's very good for not only your firm but the local legal community and lawyer jokes aside good legal advise is imporant to so many people when you think about things like real estate, wills and estate planning, starting businesses, contracts etc...all the stuff you don't much enjoy does help you to help your clients which I'm sure you do enjoy).

:ditto:

disneydeb
01-26-2008, 12:08 PM
I know the feeling... I've got the itch too !

Don't they have a cream for that?:D

Yeah, I guess I am feeling better...:thedolls:

pjbs35a
01-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Has anyone else seen Untraceable ???

Went last night.

Sick, creepy, scary. Makes you want to not use your computer again.

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Gilles said but you have such an adorable face!!! :D Doesn't Patti agree?

pogo
01-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm glad Sis.... I'm realy glad. :thumbsup:

I was worried about you for a while. Are you sure your better ? :blush:

Has anyone else seen Untraceable ???

Went last night.

Sick, creepy, scary. Makes you want to not use your computer again.
Nope.... not my kind of flick ! :nope:

Gilles said but you have such an adorable face!!! :D Doesn't Patti agree?
Gilles said that ?? :faint: No wonder he kept trying to hug me at the Niagara Falls meet ! :D

Beast_fanatic
01-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I know the feeling... I've got the itch too ! :golf:

I'm going to miss a little of the Buick, but we'll catch the later holes. Go Tiger ! :D

I know I've been scarce lately, but you don't really have to leave out your question just so that I'l post. :nono:

Who's got the Lysol? Hubby is feeling puny - AGAIN!

ElenitaB
01-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Who's got the Lysol? Hubby is feeling puny - AGAIN!
Rhonda, just what are you doing to that man? ;)

I woke up not well today. :( My tummy is not a happy camper. But don't worry, the puter was doused with Lysol before I posted. There goes my plans to head out to the bank so I can get quarters to tackle my mountain of laundry.

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Gilles said that ?? :faint: No wonder he kept trying to hug me at the Niagara Falls meet ! :D

You should be glad he didn't the French thing and kiss you on both cheeks!!:D

I woke up not well today. :( My tummy is not a happy camper. But don't worry, the puter was doused with Lysol before I posted. There goes my plans to head out to the bank so I can get quarters to tackle my mountain of laundry.

:pixie::pixie: for you Ellen. I hope you feel better soon. Don't you just hate going to the bank for those coins?

ElenitaB
01-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't you just hate going to the bank for those coins?
Yes! Will you have a washer/dryer in your new place? That would be :cloud9: I wouldn't mind doing laundry under those circumstances.

Isn't it annoying when you reach for medicine that you don't use often (thank goodness), only to find that it's past its expiration date? Luckily, the OTC med I had to take only expired in December 07, so I took it anyway.

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Yes! Will you have a washer/dryer in your new place? That would be :cloud9: I wouldn't mind doing laundry under those circumstances.

Yes we will!! I am so looking forward to it. Here we have $1 coins, so we have to have loonies($1 coin) and quarters. For the wash it takes $1.75 and $1.50 for the dryer. I explained to Gilles that'll save us over $500 a year by not having to use those machines.

Ellen, what's DCL?

Does anyone want to help cut out my panels for my windows?

ElenitaB
01-26-2008, 03:21 PM
DCL = Disney Cruise Line

Sure, I'll come help you cut your curtain panels. What time should I be there? And should I bring a cabernet or a chianti? :wine:

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
DCL = Disney Cruise Line

Sure, I'll come help you cut your curtain panels. What time should I be there? And should I bring a cabernet or a chianti? :wine:

That's what I thought, but when you said DCL House Party, I thought it was something like a Tupperware type party. I was just thinking since we don't have as many of those type parties up here as you do down there. I really miss my Longaberger baskets.

Anytime will be nice, I almost have the panels cut for our great room/breakfast nook. I really hate crawling around on the floor to cut anything out. A cabernet would be nice, for reds I love a good merlot.

Where is everyone this afternoon?

drummerboy
01-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I just don't think I could stand there watching doors and hoods and trunks open all day, I don't care if it is a Buick. :D

You should be glad he didn't the French thing and kiss you on both cheeks!!:D
Gilles is French? Do you pronounce it Giy-yess?

Well, we're back home. Ate breakfast at Golden Corral (so if a bunch of angels are singing while you eat, would it be a Golden Chorale?) Ouch, quit throwing things.

DW and I grumbled all the way home about the way the whole band thing was done. We have no problem with change; it's just the underhanded and mean-spirited way they did it. They've already interviewed and hired someone else, and apparently plan to pay him, after they told everybody that pay for conductors wasn't discussed. We've decided we're going to turn this thing into lemonade.

I hope everyone's doing well with illnesses, new houses, problems with old houses, etc.

We're resting for the remains of the day. Tomorrow, I get to help DW move things into her new antiques booth downtown and do a few other chores before she heads off RVing.

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Gilles is French? Do you pronounce it Giy-yess?
I hope everyone's doing well with illnesses, new houses, problems with old houses, etc.

He's actually Isreali. His father is Algerian and mother is Moroccan, so you could say he is sort of French. When his family moved to Canada they lived in Montreal. His name is pronounced Jil, a soft G and no s. When we were buying our couch (http://www.leons.ca/common/product/LargerImage.aspx?ItemId=240315&dft=7520.481151893854) our salesman was orginally from Montreal and went to the same high school as Gilles went to. What a small world, eh?

Ken, are you working on getting a new RV from a company that starts with a W so my DD can work again? :D

pogo
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi everyone.... we got home after watching the Bucket List movie and all I can say is wow.
I'll post a review after dinner. :D

I know I've been scarce lately, but you don't really have to leave out your question just so that I'l post. :nono:
Come on Rhonda.... is it bad to crave your attention ??? :D

I woke up not well today. :( My tummy is not a happy camper.
I'm sorry you are not feeling well today. Here's a :hug: and :pixie: for you.

You should be glad he didn't the French thing and kiss you on both cheeks!!
He better not ever french me any way.... any how ! :shake:

He's actually Isreali. His father is Algerian and mother is Moroccan, so you could say he is sort of French. When his family moved to Canada they lived in Montreal. His name is pronounced Jil, a soft G and no s. When we were buying our couch (http://www.leons.ca/common/product/LargerImage.aspx?ItemId=240315&dft=7520.481151893854) our salesman was orginally from Montreal and went to the same high school as Gilles went to.
Nice couch.... it looks comfortable for Gilles to sleep on when you kick him out of bed ! :D

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM
He better not ever french me any way.... any how ! :shake:

:funny::rotfl:

Nice couch.... it looks comfortable for Gilles to sleep on when you kick him out of bed ! :D

I'm usually the one that ends up on the couch to sleep, because I can't sleep!!

Do you want me to send Gilles over to see you?

MauiMouse
01-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Tomorrow, I get to help DW move things into her new antiques booth downtown and do a few other chores before she heads off RVing.

Cool beans, is this her first antique booth? I manage a Antique store here in Michigan. If you want expand west give me a gingle :secret: :D

Okay, so I'm trying to keep up but sometimes it's so hard. How does everyone stay in touch with this thread?

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Cool beans, is this her first antique booth? I manage a Antique store here in Michigan. If you want expand west give me a gingle :secret: :D

Okay, so I'm trying to keep up but sometimes it's so hard. How does everyone stay in touch with this thread?

Read several times a day?

drummerboy
01-26-2008, 07:54 PM
1. He's actually Isreali. His father is Algerian and mother is Moroccan, so you could say he is sort of French. When his family moved to Canada they lived in Montreal. His name is pronounced Jil, a soft G and no s.

2. When we were buying our couch (http://www.leons.ca/common/product/LargerImage.aspx?ItemId=240315&dft=7520.481151893854) our salesman was orginally from Montreal and went to the same high school as Gilles went to. What a small world, eh?

3. Ken, are you working on getting a new RV from a company that starts with a W so my DD can work again? :D
1. I knew you'd said he was Iraeli, but I couldn't figure out the French hugging part. Now I'll know how to say his name if I ever get to a meet.:thumbsup:

2. Wow. I thought that was the couch in the showroom. Is your house always that neat? If so, you'd probably have apoplexy if you came to the DDPI HQ (my house).

3. Sorry, we're pretty well stuck with the one we have for now. I take it RV sales are down quite a bit as well.

She had another one for a while, but it was on a second floor, and she had a hard time getting things up and down with her back problems and gave it up. This one is at street level. The place was a dry goods store forever and the owner finally retired and sold it. DW says she'll have to get back to you on moving westward. :D

Catching up is sometimes half the fun on this thread. But don't worry about it--just jump in the middle and we'll catch up with you. We love to keep expanding the family.

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 08:41 PM
2. Wow. I thought that was the couch in the showroom. Is your house always that neat? If so, you'd probably have apoplexy if you came to the DDPI HQ (my house).

:D That's the picture from the website where we bought it. If my house looked like that I'd thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!! We aren't having it delivered until we get the house. It'll be living in the new house before we are!!!

I'd love to have some antiques besides the DH!!!:D My sister got all of them when my great aunt passed away.

Does anyone have any extra questions?

Natazu
01-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Who's Robbie Burns?

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Who's Robbie Burns?

A Scottish poet laurate. The man who blesses the haggis and wrote the words to auld ang syne. You also have to drink lots of really good Scotch whiskey!! Can you handle it?

drummerboy
01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
:D That's the picture from the website where we bought it. If my house looked like that I'd thought I'd died and gone to heaven!!! We aren't having it delivered until we get the house. It'll be living in the new house before we are!!!
Whew, you had me worried there. Looks like it'll be nice.

Who's Robbie Burns?

A Scottish poet laurate. The man who blesses the haggis and wrote the words to auld ang syne. You also have to drink lots of really good Scotch whiskey!! Can you handle it?
Aye, havin' a bi' o' Scotch oot on the moores while watchin' the wild hagis romp. Lovely evenin'. Lovely evenin'

Okay, I've got some select pictures of the Christmas play up. they're here (http://community.webshots.com/album/562279481qrHeml?start=0) . Hope you can tell what they all are. Anybody want to be in the cast next year?

pogo
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
:hi: Mary.... I'm glad you are here..... your making me giddy ! Are you going to make this a habit ??

Do you want me to send Gilles over to see you?
:stop: No way !

Catching up is sometimes half the fun on this thread. But don't worry about it--just jump in the middle and we'll catch up with you. We love to keep expanding the family.

:yes:

Who's Robbie Burns?
Beats me. :confused:

You also have to drink lots of really good Scotch whiskey!! Can you handle it?
Oh yeah...... I've seen him in action ! In fact, he's got me drinking it.

Hey Jym.... our local store has the JW Blue Label for $196.00 a bottle. Is that a good price and should I have bought more than one ???? :D

Who wants to hear my opinion on The Bucket List ?? :D

Caroleh
01-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Whew, you had me worried there. Looks like it'll be nice.

Okay, I've got some select pictures of the Christmas play up. they're here (http://community.webshots.com/album/562279481qrHeml?start=0) . Hope you can tell what they all are. Anybody want to be in the cast next year?

Thanks, Ken!! We didn't want anything to dark, but yet something that'll hide the cat's grey fur.

Great pictures!!! Was that you with the pony tail?

:stop: No way !

Who wants to hear my opinion on The Bucket List ?? :D

Are you sure? I'll tell him to leave all the huggy kissy stuff for Patti!!!

Okay, let's hear it since I never go to the movies!!

Natazu
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey Jym.... our local store has the JW Blue Label for $196.00 a bottle. Is that a good price and should I have bought more than one ???? :DYeah, that's good. it's $230 - 250 here. Hmm, what a great baby shower present that would make. You know, to dip the pacifier in. Is that legal?

pogo
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Great photo's.... what make of drums are you playing there ?? They look like DW. :D

Yeah, that's good. it's $230 - 250 here. Hmm, what a great baby shower present that would make. You know, to dip the pacifier in. Is that legal?
Not legal and I was going to bring you one to help celebrate the birth, but I'm afraid to now after that comment. I don't think you can be trusted. :D

Okay, let's hear it since I never go to the movies!!

We attended the afternoon showing of the Bucket List starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson and we were very much surprised by what we saw. This was another hit movie by Rod Reiner.

The story line is that of two men. One man is rich in money and the other, rich in family meeting in a hospital. Both being diagnosed terminal with cancer and being told they only have six months to a year to live.

They decide to experience all the things in life that they wanted to do most before they kick the bucket, so they write it all down on a list and cross them off, one by one, as they complete the task.

Their adventures take them around the world and back and they take you along to enjoy all their experiences.

I won’t spoil it by telling you any more about the series of events, but I will caution you to take a lot of tissues with you for the good and the bad. Patti and I were both in tears by the end of the movie and we took one thing with us. Never put off what you’d like to do in life, for any reason. This has been my thinking all along and those that know me will attest to that. But this movie has re-inspired my conviction to it.

I feel some of you should not see this movie because of the extreme emotions portrayed and the realistic portrayal of this nasty disease. Some movies are better left unseen.

drummerboy
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks, Ken!! We didn't want anything to dark, but yet something that'll hide the cat's grey fur.

Great pictures!!! Was that you with the pony tail?
Funny about the couch color. We have one in the den that our gray great dane kind of blends into.

Yup, that's me at the drum kit, ponytail, ham head, and all.

Great photo's.... what make of drums are you playing there ?? They look like DW. :D.
They're a cheap import kit I got when I started taking lessons, (except the Slingerland snare) but they sound pretty good and live permanently in the car for rehearsals. I pretty well stick with Zildjian cymbals. I've got a good Tama kit that comes out to play when we do concerts and such. It's the "Rock Star" version, stained black.

Did everybody keep up with that? :D

pogo
01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
They're a cheap import kit I got when I started taking lessons, (except the Slingerland snare) but they sound pretty good and live permanently in the car for rehearsals. I pretty well stick with Zildjian cymbals. I've got a good Tama kit that comes out to play when we do concerts and such. It's the "Rock Star" version, stained black.

There are no better cymbals than Zildjan. I play a classic set. 1973 vintage, Rogers Power Nine. It has double 24" basses, four mounted tom/toms, two floor toms, dynasonic chrome snare and six Zildjan's and New Beat high hats.
This was my tour set and I can't part with them for nothing.

Do you suppose we are the only people here that know what we are talking about ??? :D

Going to bed.... nite, nite.... :sleepin:

drummerboy
01-26-2008, 11:28 PM
I fogot to mention that 'Christmas Past' is my 'young' son-in-law (the one that's about a year younger than me, and the inspiration for my ponytail).

The last picture is my two granddaughters in their wigs and costumes. One night, the guy who played their father (and also played Christmas Yet to Come) got his vest button caught in the older one's wig when he hugged them 'good night' before their exit. He ad-libbed very well and stayed in character until he got it unstuck and got a seperate applause when he did. :D

Do any of you who won't be in the show want tickets for next year? :D

trackbarroness
01-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Good morning JQ'ers :D how did everyone sleep last night? Are you ready for the day?
So what are we going to do today? Anyone want to teach me about scapbooking yet? :D The coffee is ready so who's cooking this am? I'll just make some eggs and what not, nothing fancy. Somehow Stitch got coffee yesterday so he was running amok in the 2 theatres. I do hope they got him to settle down before the party started. I think he got lose over in Space Mountain because they were also experiencing problems as well yesterday. I wonder if they opened at all yesterday. Aloha cousins
Have a magical day :thumbsup:

Natazu
01-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Good morning JQ'ers :D how did everyone sleep last night? Still up. I'll nap a little later.

Are you ready for the day? absolutely not

So what are we going to do today? I gotta work. I need to go to Sam's Club and get some saline

Anyone want to teach me about scapbooking yet? I volunteer Rachel

The coffee is ready so who's cooking this am? I just made some swordfish, honey glazed carrots, & creamed corn

Was there another question?

alpro2
01-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Don't they have a cream for that?:D

That's hysterical! :D

Deb! Is that really you, or has the real Deb been abducted by aliens? :D

When we were buying our couch (http://www.leons.ca/common/product/LargerImage.aspx?ItemId=240315&dft=7520.481151893854) our salesman was orginally from Montreal and went to the same high school as Gilles went to. What a small world, eh?

You carry pictures of your couch with you? I usually draw the line with baby pictures...:D

There are no better cymbals than Zildjan. I play a classic set. 1973 vintage, Rogers Power Nine. It has double 24" basses, four mounted tom/toms, two floor toms, dynasonic chrome snare and six Zildjan's and New Beat high hats.

Do you suppose we are the only people here that know what we are talking about ???

Right with you man. Being a guitar man I have been around allot of drums. Does that make sense?

Caroleh
01-27-2008, 09:01 AM
So what are we going to do today? Anyone want to teach me about scapbooking yet? :D

I still working on window coverings for the house. I'll teach you if you'll pay for my trip down there and to WDW. I think Blythe will help also!!

I volunteer Rachel

I just made some swordfish, honey glazed carrots, & creamed corn

I'd love to scrapbook with Rachel sometime!!! I think you guys will need to come up north for a house warming party.

How soon should I be there? That sounds great!!!

You carry pictures of your couch with you? I usually draw the line with baby pictures...:D

Nope, I just find websites that have pictures of it. I did carry pictutes of the house, is that over the line?

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 09:32 AM
I was wondering aloud to DW last night wheter anyone has done sofa upholstery with a potato motif. Seems like it would fit just right in a lot of households, don't you think?

Latest news in the band fiasco. Apparently they rushed out and got somebody who has a music degree of some sort and has conducted a choral group from time to time, but evidently not an instrumental group. It's going to be fun to see what happens. DW and I have decided we're going to have fun with it rather than let it get us down.

Alex, did you get us a lead singer for our band yet? Pogo offered to play bass. We might need at least one more guitar too.

Mickey'sGirl
01-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Who's Robbie Burns? Jym Jym Jym Jym....

A Scottish poet laurate. The man who blesses the haggis and wrote the words to auld ang syne. You also have to drink lots of really good Scotch whiskey!! Can you handle it?Great job Sister! Did you have your Haggis and a wee dram?

Aye, havin' a bi' o' Scotch oot on the moores while watchin' the wild hagis romp. Lovely evenin'. Lovely evenin' :funny: We went to the UK with a friend from Estonia many years ago. My parents and this friend did a side trip up to Scotland -- by the end of the trip, my dad had poor Helgi convinced that she saw and took pictures of the wee Hagis's romping in the fields.... hilarious.
Okay, I've got some select pictures of the Christmas play up. they're here (http://community.webshots.com/album/562279481qrHeml?start=0) . Hope you can tell what they all are. Anybody want to be in the cast next year?[/quote]Terrific, Ken! I would love to be in the cast -- but weekday rehearsals might be hard! :D

I fogot to mention that 'Christmas Past' is my 'young' son-in-law ... The last picture is my two granddaughters in their wigs and costumes. Fabulous! I think it's great that your whole family gets involved!

We had the family over for Euey's birthday yesterday -- lots of work, but we all really enjoyed ourselves. All the kids (little ones and big old greying ones too) had a terrific time with the Wii. Leftovers anyone?

Have a great day everyone!

Mickey'sGirl
01-27-2008, 09:42 AM
I was wondering aloud to DW last night wheter anyone has done sofa upholstery with a potato motif. Seems like it would fit just right in a lot of households, don't you think?How would you be able to tell where the couch ends and the sittee begins? :D

I'm sorry about the band business -- I think your attitude will help immensely!

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
We had the family over for Euey's birthday yesterday -- lots of work, but we all really enjoyed ourselves. All the kids (little ones and big old greying ones too) had a terrific time with the Wii. Leftovers anyone?
Got cake?

How would you be able to tell where the couch ends and the sittee begins? :D
That would be the beauty of it--perfect camouflage. :thumbsup:

disneydeb
01-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Any ideas on how to clean the house really quickly?
We have alll been feeling so puny for the past few weeks that we have gotten too far behind. I guess I'll be scarce again until I get caught up.

Ta-ta for now....
deb

MauiMouse
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
:hi: Mary.... I'm glad you are here..... your making me giddy ! Are you going to make this a habit ??

For you pogo I'll be trying! :D

Any ideas on how to clean the house really quickly?
We have alll been feeling so puny for the past few weeks that we have gotten too far behind. I guess I'll be scarce again until I get caught up.

Ta-ta for now....
deb
Good luck Deb in the house cleaning. I did a bit yesterday, after Christmas all the decorations were all over the place. I needed to get them back in order.

How is everyone's Sunday? Not bad here, we are suppose to have a warm up shortly, WOO HOO! Ready for some 40 degree weather. A tropical heat wave that will be. Plus it has to be nice for this Thursday, have some major plans that day! Keep your fingers crossed for no snow storms. :fingers:

pogo
01-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Right with you man. Being a guitar man I have been around allot of drums. Does that make sense?
Sure does, unless they were square drums ! Have you ever seen them ?? I did back in 1970 in Tokyo and I even played them. Wierd ! :D

Latest news in the band fiasco. Apparently they rushed out and got somebody who has a music degree of some sort and has conducted a choral group from time to time, but evidently not an instrumental group. It's going to be fun to see what happens. DW and I have decided we're going to have fun with it rather than let it get us down.
Good for you ! :thumbsup:

For you pogo I'll be trying!

How is everyone's Sunday? Not bad here, we are suppose to have a warm up shortly, WOO HOO! Ready for some 40 degree weather. A tropical heat wave that will be. Plus it has to be nice for this Thursday, have some major plans that day! Keep your fingers crossed for no snow storms.
Cool !

I love our Sundays.... we just returned from church and breakfast and we are looking at a little road trip for April. Our trip might include a quick stop in Cary, NC to visit Patti's neice and her baby. Just a quick overnight stay and then back on the road for a nine hour drive. Does anyone know where we're thinking about going ??? :D

MauiMouse
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Have a great day everyone!

Jenn, when was Euan's birthday? Happy birthday Euan! :cake:

I love our Sundays.... we just returned from church and breakfast and we are looking at a little road trip for April. Our trip might include a quick stop in Cary, NC to visit Patti's neice and her baby. Just a quick overnight stay and then back on the road for a nine hour drive. Does anyone know where we're thinking about going ??? :D

Ooohhh pick me. I think that I might know :mickey: and I just might be down there at the same time. We might just have to have a little meet and greet.

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know where we're thinking about going ??? :D
Well of course. If you're stopping over in Cary, you must be headed over south of Charlotte to Carowinds, right? :D:thedolls: By the way, I was in Cary all day Friday at the Bar Center, for the seminar/institute.

dlpmikki
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Happy birthday Euan! for Friday! :cake:

Ooohhh pick me. I think that I might know :mickey: and I just might be down there at the same time. We might just have to have a little meet and greet.

Mary, Mikki and Pogo there at the same time? Now that could be dangerous!

pogo
01-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Ooohhh pick me. I think that I might know :mickey: and I just might be down there at the same time. We might just have to have a little meet and greet. Hmmm... do your dates include 19th to the 25th ?? :blush:

Well of course. If you're stopping over in Cary, you must be headed over south of Charlotte to Carowinds, right? :D:thedolls: By the way, I was in Cary all day Friday at the Bar Center, for the seminar/institute.
I hear it's nice there. Any truth to that ?? :confused:

Could be at that. But then again... we are still not sure. We need to be sure about December. We'll see. :D

MauiMouse
01-27-2008, 03:42 PM

Sounds like a good time could be happening? :wine:

Hmmm... do your dates include 19th to the 25th ?? :blush:

Could be at that. But then again... we are still not sure. We need to be sure about December. We'll see. :D

Very close, I arrive on the 20th and depart on the 24th. How about the P&P party on the 23rd? :pirate:

disneydeb
01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Mary, Mikki and Pogo are going to be in North Carolina in April. Is that what I read? Anyone planning a meet? Why is Mikki going to North Carolina?

pogo
01-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Sounds like a good time could be happening? :wine:

Very close, I arrive on the 20th and depart on the 24th. How about the P&P party on the 23rd?
:goodbad: Do you have to dress up ??? :blush:

Mary, Mikki and Pogo are going to be in North Carolina in April. Is that what I read? Anyone planning a meet? Why is Mikki going to North Carolina?

We decided to have a "JQ" Meet in North Carolina. Want to come ?? :D

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 03:56 PM
I hear it's nice there. Any truth to that ?? :confused:
Carowinds? Not sure about that; I haven't been in years. If you mean Cary, it's pretty nice, but has become a suburb of Raleigh.

Why wouldn't Mikki want to come to North Carolina? She'd feel right at home with Durham, Oxford, etc.. And of course there's always the ever-popular tourist attraction, world headquarters of DDPI.

MauiMouse
01-27-2008, 04:16 PM
:goodbad: Do you have to dress up ??? :blush:

But of course! :D Mikki did I believe on her last P&P Party. Good luck in finding that appropriate costume.

Why wouldn't Mikki want to come to North Carolina? She'd feel right at home with Durham, Oxford, etc.. And of course there's always the ever-popular tourist attraction, world headquarters of DDPI.

Okay what is DDPI? Never been to North Carolina so I'm looking forward to the visit. :thumbsup:

Deb, how's that cleaning going?

pjbs35a
01-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Who likes Frog Legs ???

Ribbit! This Green Isn't Part of Salad

You just don't want to eat some greens. That's how a Brooklyn mom felt when she found a tiny frog comfortably nestled in the leaves of organic lettuce she was preparing to eat.

"I jumped away," said 39-year-old Yvonne Brechbuhler, who described the green critter as no bigger than the tip of her pinky finger.

"I didn't know what it was. But once I realized it was a frog, I was OK," she told the Daily News in Thursday editions.

Intrigued, she named the frog "Curious."

Brechbuhler, a stage actress, said she bought the lettuce at her local food co-op and kept it in the refrigerator three days before using it last week.

Brechbuhler and her 7-year-old daughter, Orla, placed the frog in a jar on a bed of lettuce leaves and water, and fed it fruit flies they collected at a nearby garden. Afterward, they decided Curious would be happier at an animal facility specializing in reptiles and amphibians. The facility, Sean Casey Animal Rescue, has put it up for adoption.

An employee at the food co-op said it was the first such incident in memory.

disneydeb
01-27-2008, 05:15 PM
We decided to have a "JQ" Meet in North Carolina. Want to come ?? :D

Okay what is DDPI? Never been to North Carolina so I'm looking forward to the visit. :thumbsup:

Deb, how's that cleaning going?

Sure, it is closer to Tennessee than Niagra Falls.:thumbsup:

Ken, I'm sure Mikkie will love North Carolina. I just must have missed a post somewhere..

and the cleaning... clothes are clean, dinner is cooking and that's about it.

I ran out of antibiotics yesterday and now my ear is hurting again:( Does that mean I have to go back to the Dr.?

dlpmikki
01-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Let me make it absolutely clear. I have no plans to visit North Carolina. I'm sure it is a lovely place but it doesn't contain a certain mouse. Is that OK?

Our Pirate costumes are safely stored in our Owners Locker so we would certainly be up for a P&P party on the 23rd. Our swords are also in storage so I hope Pogo can come along for the ride as we need a suitably bedraggled prisoner :thedolls:

Who ele is planning on visiting WDW in April? :D

Beast_fanatic
01-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I've accomplished almost nothing this weekend. Can I have a do-over?

pogo
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
But of course! Mikki did I believe on her last P&P Party. Good luck in finding that appropriate costume.
I think you're right. I remember seeing them. Don't you think she makes a great Pirate ?? :D

Sure, it is closer to Tennessee than Niagra Falls.

I ran out of antibiotics yesterday and now my ear is hurting again:( Does that mean I have to go back to the Dr.?
Cool.... see you in N.C. You'll have to figure out the dates ! :D

And if your ear still hurts, go see a Doctor. :yes:

Our Pirate costumes are safely stored in our Owners Locker so we would certainly be up for a P&P party on the 23rd. Our swords are also in storage so I hope Pogo can come along for the ride as we need a suitably bedraggled prisoner

Really !! You really think I could be your prisoner ???? Really ??? That would be so neat ! :shake:

dlpmikki
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I think you're right. I remember seeing them. Don't you think she makes a great Pirate ?? :D

Really !! You really think I could be your prisoner ???? Really ??? That would be so neat ! :shake:

Don't you trust me? :thedolls: Jeanne survived the experience but she was well behaved. Could you manage that? :D

pogo
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
I've accomplished almost nothing this weekend. Can I have a do-over?
No dear Rhonda..... there are no do-overs in life. Didn't you read my comments on the movie, The Bucket List, on page 17 ???? :(

Don't you trust me? Jeanne survived the experience but she was well behaved. Could you manage that? Sure I trust you. :fingers: But,
I'm never well behaved..... so I think I'd be in trouble ! ;) Don't you ??? Maybe Alex could come along and take some heat off me ! :D

BronxTigger
01-27-2008, 07:25 PM
I'll be in Disney in April...from the 22-24! But I'll be in DisneyLAND...does that count?? :D

alpro2
01-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Alex, did you get us a lead singer for our band yet? Pogo offered to play bass. We might need at least one more guitar too.
Do we want a male or a female singer?

I'm never well behaved..... so I think I'd be in trouble ! ;) Don't you ??? Maybe Alex could come along and take some heat off me ! :D
You are on your own brother. I have learned never to be in the Dutchess', I mean, Mikki's doghouse.

Hmmmm, what shall I do tomorrow? :D

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 08:17 PM

I don't guess you've had a chance to become familiar with Drummerboy Discount Products International, have you? Our motto: If we don't carry it, you don't need it!

Ken, I'm sure Mikkie will love North Carolina. I just must have missed a post somewhere..
Nah, it was just hard to keep up with what was real and what was surreal. :D As for the earache--you could always avoid the Dr. and take the Van Gogh approach. :thedolls:

Let me make it absolutely clear. I have no plans to visit North Carolina. I'm sure it is a lovely place but it doesn't contain a certain mouse. Is that OK?
No it is not OK. I'll have you know we plenty of mice. I saw signs of them just today while I was cleaning out my garage.

Do we want a male or a female singer?
I was thinking of a Janice Joplin sound, so either one will do.

Who's got the hot chocolate ready?

disneydeb
01-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Cool.... see you in N.C. You'll have to figure out the dates ! :D

And if your ear still hurts, go see a Doctor. :yes:

There are no dates?:confused:

Caroleh
01-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I was thinking of a Janice Joplin sound, so either one will do.

How about a Bob Dylanish sound? I can sing very off key and you won't understand a word!!:D Gilles says it'll give you a headache for sure!!!

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 10:13 PM
How about a Bob Dylanish sound? I can sing very off key and you won't understand a word!!:D Gilles says it'll give you a headache for sure!!!
Hey Alex, I think we have our first applicant for auditions. Carol, can you sing off the key of H flat minus?

Caroleh
01-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey Alex, I think we have our first applicant for auditions. Carol, can you sing off the key of H flat minus?

Huh? :confused: Did I forget to mention I can't read a note of music? Makes it really interesting trying to belly dance because I have no idea where to start!!!

drummerboy
01-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Huh? :confused: Did I forget to mention I can't read a note of music? Makes it really interesting trying to belly dance because I have no idea where to start!!!
That's OK, there's no such key anyway. :D It's what I always tell people my drums are tuned to.

Does anybody else here like the Nestle Quick strawberry version? I'm having some right now.

pogo
01-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll be in Disney in April...from the 22-24! But I'll be in DisneyLAND...does that count??
Nope.... but I hope you have a great time ! :D

You are on your own brother. I have learned never to be in the Dutchess', I mean, Mikki's doghouse.

Hmmmm, what shall I do tomorrow? :D
Thanks a lot. :(

There are no dates?
Sure there are dates, silly ! :funny: And all of them are in April ! Do you know what ones ??? :D

Natazu
01-28-2008, 01:05 AM
How about a Bob Dylanish sound? That would be Dylanny. You've been in Canada too long.

Hey Alex, I think we have our first applicant for auditions. Carol, can you sing off the key of H flat minus?drummers :shake:

Did I forget to mention I can't read a note of music? s'ok, neither can drummers

That's OK, there's no such key anyway. :D It's what I always tell people my drums are tuned to.
I tuned my toms to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... or was it Master of Puppets? I forget.

disneydeb
01-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Sure there are dates, silly ! :funny: And all of them are in April ! Do you know what ones ??? :D

April 1?

April 3 is my anniversary :D

I wish to try out for the lead singer position.

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
A world of hope
And a world of fears.....

wanna hear more?:D

pogo
01-28-2008, 07:12 AM
drummers :shake:

What about drummers ??? :confused:

April 1?

April 3 is my anniversary :D

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
A world of hope

wanna hear more?:D
Oh my.......... you can you sing off the key of H flat minus, can't you !

April 19th to the 25th are the dates for us, maybe. We still need to work out a couple of things.

alpro2
01-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Who's got the hot chocolate ready?
Looks like nobody, since you had Strawberry Quik.

OK, but do you look good in spandex? :D

Ok, but does she look good in spandex? :D

Just remember that E sharp = F flat and you will be fine....by the way, did I ask if you looked good in spandex?

drummers :shake:

s'ok, neither can drummers

:rotfl:

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
A world of hope

wanna hear more?
Do you look good in spandex? :D

Caroleh
01-28-2008, 08:08 AM

Just remember that E sharp = F flat and you will be fine....by the way, did I ask if you looked good in spandex?

Do they still make spandex? Would you want to see Pogo in spandex?

Do you need stronger meds?

alpro2
01-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Would you want to see Pogo in spandex?

Do you think Pogo would make a good Tommy Lee? That is why we stick him in the back behind the drum kit.

How about Frankie as our lead singer?

drummerboy
01-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Do you think Pogo would make a good Tommy Lee? That is why we stick him in the back behind the drum kit.

How about Frankie as our lead singer?
Y'know, with Frankie's award-winning legs, he might just look good in spandex. And with all his disguises, we could put him out there as just about anybody.

Deb, we'll get back to you babe.

Jym, Jym, Jym. I was just reading a note that Pogo passed to me the other day, so there.

Now who's got the hot chocolate ready?

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Intrigued, she named the frog "Curious."
What a funny sentence. Did I ever tell you that I LOVE your diversions, Frankie? :funny:

I tuned my toms to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... or was it Master of Puppets? I forget.Maybe it was Frere Jacques?

April 3 is my anniversary :DApril 17 is our 15th...

Alex -- Who doesn't look good in Spandex?

Happy Monday everyone!

ElenitaB
01-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Have a MAH-velous Monday, everyone!

Can I have a cup of Strawberry Quik, please? I made scones this morning (really... woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep... NOW I'm tired). They're oatmeal choc chip. Anyone want one?

offwego
01-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Have a MAH-velous Monday, everyone!

Can I have a cup of Strawberry Quik, please? I made scones this morning (really... woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep... NOW I'm tired). They're oatmeal choc chip. Anyone want one?

I'll pass on the quik but take a scone. I couldn't sleep either last night. Was it the moon do you think?

disneydrmr
01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Happy Monday.... mine's busy.. No VP around this week, but we are swamped.. I've been trying to post since 8:30 ...the phones won't stop ringing...

Does anybody else here like the Nestle Quick strawberry version? I'm having some right now.

Got any left? I really loved the Banana version - but can't find it anymore.. so Strawberry is my next favorite...

I have some ready for you...do you want me to melt a candy cane in it? Give it a nice fresh minty flavor?

Who doesn't look good in Spandex?

I could name off NUMEROUS people who won't look good in spandex! :D

You have a great Monday also! I'll take a scone if you have any left.. sounds pretty good.

pogo
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM

Do you look good in spandex?

Do you have a spandex fettish ??? :D

Do they still make spandex? Would you want to see Pogo in spandex?

:shake:

Y'know, with Frankie's award-winning legs, he might just look good in spandex. And with all his disguises, we could put him out there as just about anybody.

:thumbsup:

April 17 is our 15th...
Hhhmmm..... Are you going to celebrate it at WDW this year.....
like the 16th to the 26th ?? :blush:

I could name off NUMEROUS people who won't look good in spandex!
Naming names now ??? :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Hhhmmm..... Are you going to celebrate it at WDW this year.....
like the 16th to the 26th ?? :blush:
Nope -- we're off to California this summer -- and it will eat up all of our resources and then some. Do you know that 2 nights and 3 days at DLR costs as much as a week at WDW?

disneydrmr
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Naming names now ??? :D

Yep - are you worried that you might be on the list? :D

Nope -- we're off to California this summer -- and it will eat up all of our resources and then some. Do you know that 2 nights and 3 days at DLR costs as much as a week at WDW?

Just wait until you guys pay for food!!! Talk about more expensive than Disneyworld! Ugh! If you do the Paradise Pier or Storyteller's Cafe character breakfasts you can order off the menu - you do not need to pay the almost $30 for a buffet! (yep! That's how much paradise pier was - I love Stitch and all but $30 for breakfast was a bit much!) If you want any hints or such on Disneyland feel free to ask!

pogo
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't know that...... then why go there ?? :confused:

Yep - are you worried that you might be on the list?

You bet I'm worried ! :hide2:

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I didn't know that...... then why go there ?? :confused:
Didn't you know that I have a severe travel bug? I haven't been to CA for years -- and Brian and the boys have never been to DL -- so I want to go there -- It's actually the flights that will kill us! Thank goodness for Air Miles! :thumbsup: Since we're going out -- we'll spend a couple of weeks -- some time in Monterey, San Francisco, Sacramento and pop over to Portland to see some family. I'm really looking forward to it! Harry wants to show Euan Alcatraz..... It will be a good time!

Di -- we have opted out of all food packages. We will only have three days there, and I don't know my way around any more.... and it's completely foreign to the boys...so I'll have to guage their reactions too.... We're taking it as it goes. I wouldn't mind some info on the California park -- I've never been there.

Jasper
01-28-2008, 01:19 PM

OK, with all this talk about everyone wearing spandex who else besides me thinks we will need to add a certain kind of liquid booster to our hot chocolate?

Mickey'sGirl
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
OK, with all this talk about everyone wearing spandex who else besides me thinks we will need to add a certain kind of liquid booster to our hot chocolate?You ain't kidding! How you feeling Jasper?:mickey:

Jasper
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
You ain't kidding! How you feeling Jasper?:mickey:

Thanks for asking. I am doing OK. I am slowly getting better and am up and about more and more. The doctor says I am only suppose to be up and about for an hour or so a day but in reality I have been doing about five or six hours a day. I am VERY motivated to get up and going because we are suppose to go to Las Vegas in March for the annual costume show for my wife's store.

We are scheduled to go March 15 and return March 18 so we won't be there very long. Since this is our first trip there does anyone have any suggestions for us?

offwego
01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi Jasper glad your feeling better. I'm no help on Vegas. And can't help Jenn either with DL.

Hmm..why am I here again?

Jasper
01-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi Jasper glad your feeling better. I'm no help on Vegas. And can't help Jenn either with DL.

Hmm..why am I here again?

You are here because we all love you so much and would miss your sparkling wit if you weren't here!!

So do I get brownie points for that answer?

BriarRose0708
01-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Just zooping in. Who else is extremely busy today?

offwego
01-28-2008, 02:30 PM
You are here because we all love you so much and would miss your sparkling wit if you weren't here!!

So do I get brownie points for that answer?

If you were closer you'd get brownies!! What a sweet answer.

Now how about some serious stuff. Like what does one wear to a costume convention?

drummerboy
01-28-2008, 02:31 PM
OK, with all this talk about everyone wearing spandex who else besides me thinks we will need to add a certain kind of liquid booster to our hot chocolate?
Each additional booster will make the wearer look better and better, eh?

We are scheduled to go March 15 and return March 18 so we won't be there very long. Since this is our first trip there does anyone have any suggestions for us?
Yup--the odds always favor the house. :D
Glad you're improving. DW was encouraged to do water aerobics to increase her back strength without putting pressure on it, and that helped her.

Jasper
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM

Now how about some serious stuff. Like what does one wear to a costume convention?

UH, you do realize there is always Drummerboys discount brownie delivery service don't you? He guarantees to get them delivered while they are still hot or he uses the exhaust from the RV to reheat them for you!!

As for what to wear to a costume convention the sky is the limit! Actually, it is getting to be more and more about what you don't wear rather than what you do wear. The hottest thing going is "sexy" costumes for adults. With that thought in mind, several of the manufacturers have fashion shows where they display their sexy costumes.

What I don't understand though is why my wife has taken to putting a blindfold on me before we walk in to the show!! I feel as though there is something I am missing!!

Jasper
01-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Each additional booster will make the wearer look better and better, eh?

Yup--the odds always favor the house. :D
Glad you're improving. DW was encouraged to do water aerobics to increase her back strength without putting pressure on it, and that helped her.

You sneaky devil you! You managed to get your post in while I was replying to the other one!

Fortunately the gambling is not that big of a deal for us. We have hit the gambling boats in our area a few times in the past and didn't find it all that much fun. We plan on taking a few dollars to gamble with but don't plan on spending a whole lot in the casinos.

I have done the water aerobics in the past and it is a real help over doing land exercises. The problem we have here is the lack of indoor pools that are available at a reasonable price. Our high school used to let outside groups rent their pool for a reasonable price but have stopped it recently for liability reasons.

So, does anyone have a good question I can ask?

disneydrmr
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM

Hi! Glad you stopped by! I've been swamped today. We are short staffed so it's been hectic.

What I don't understand though is why my wife has taken to putting a blindfold on me before we walk in to the show!! I feel as though there is something I am missing!!

So, does anyone have a good question I can ask?

Sorry.. fresh out of good questions, would a bad question do?

pogo
01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Me.... me ! Glad to see you check in. :D

How about me ???? :confused: I give sweet answers.

The hottest thing going is "sexy" costumes for adults.
Oh God.... don't say that around here. Now you'll have Ellen and Mikki running around looking for them. :shake:

Sorry.. fresh out of good questions, would a bad question do? Isn't that all you really have.... bad questions ?? :D

dlpmikki
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh God.... don't say that around here. Now you'll have Ellen and Mikki running around looking for them.

We already have great costumes Pogo. Have you got your all over Joker spandex outfit ready yet?

Caroleh
01-28-2008, 07:22 PM
We already have great costumes Pogo. Have you got your all over Joker spandex outfit ready yet?

Isn't Pogo's costume we all have to worry about or was it Alex?

disneydeb
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Looks like nobody, since you had Strawberry Quik.

As long as I wear something over it.;)

What a funny sentence. Did I ever tell you that I LOVE your diversions, Frankie? :funny:
Maybe it was Frere Jacques?
April 17 is our 15th...

Alex -- Who doesn't look good in Spandex?

Happy Monday everyone!

April 3 will be our 26th!

Iam! Iam!

Isn't Pogo's costume we all have to worry about or was it Alex?

Don't we all worry about Alex?:D

Jasper, do you look good in spandex.?.. I think Alex wants to know.:D

pogo
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Not yet ! I might have to break out some of my stage outfits from the early 80's. ;)

If Patti can't get vacation time, it won't matter. :(

April 3 will be our 26th!
Hhhmmmm.... April 20th will be our 6th. Did you know we are just newlyweds ??? :D

pjbs35a
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Where's The Beef ???

Angus Steer Escapes Slaughterhouse, On Loose in Cincinnati

CINCINNATI — Searchers on the ground and in a sheriff's department helicopter Monday were looking for an Angus steer that postponed its date with a slaughterhouse by bolting out a gate that had been inadvertently left open.

The more than 1,000-pound animal escaped from a slaughterhouse holding pen Monday morning and ran into the woods of suburban Cincinnati, according to Colerain Township police and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

The steer was last seen heading into woods several blocks north of Stehlin's Meat Market and Interstate 275, said Dick Stehlin, co-owner of the meatpacking business. He said the bovine should be approached with caution.

"It's not, say, a mean animal or anything like that, it's just sort of in a panic stage," Stehlin said. "It's just out running, not even knowing where it's heading."

It's not the first time a steer has been on the loose in the Cincinnati area. In September 2006, a steer named Little Red ran from a fair and eluded capture for three days.

Caroleh
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Where's The Beef ???

CINCINNATI — Searchers on the ground and in a sheriff's department helicopter Monday were looking for an Angus steer that postponed its date with a slaughterhouse by bolting out a gate that had been inadvertently left open.

The more than 1,000-pound animal escaped from a slaughterhouse holding pen Monday morning and ran into the woods of suburban Cincinnati, according to Colerain Township police and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.

The steer was last seen heading into woods several blocks north of Stehlin's Meat Market and Interstate 275, said Dick Stehlin, co-owner of the meatpacking business. He said the bovine should be approached with caution.

"It's not, say, a mean animal or anything like that, it's just sort of in a panic stage," Stehlin said. "It's just out running, not even knowing where it's heading."

It's not the first time a steer has been on the loose in the Cincinnati area. In September 2006, a steer named Little Red ran from a fair and eluded capture for three days.

If you knew you were going to get slaughtered wouldn't you run too?:D

disneydeb
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
What's missing?

Caroleh
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
What's missing?

A whole lot of steaks!!!

Since he's on the loose, is he a bum steer?

Where's Blythe been hiding?

pogo
01-28-2008, 11:24 PM
What's missing?Missing ???? I didn't take anything.... why are you pointing your finger at me ???? :blush:

Where's Blythe been hiding?
Some place between Marcellus and Syracuse. :D

Sure is quiet around here...... going to bed.

Nitey, nite...... :sleepin:

Beast_fanatic
01-28-2008, 11:44 PM
April 3 is my anniversary

April 17 is our 15th...

Hhhmmmm.... April 20th will be our 6th. Did you know we are just newlyweds ???

April 5th is our 22nd! April is a very popular month for JQ weddings!

Thanks for asking. I am doing OK. I am slowly getting better and am up and about more and more. The doctor says I am only suppose to be up and about for an hour or so a day but in reality I have been doing about five or six hours a day. I am VERY motivated to get up and going because we are suppose to go to Las Vegas in March for the annual costume show for my wife's store.

Glad you're improving! I don't have much advice about Las Vegas, but I do know there have been some topics over in the Vacation Planning Beyond Disney forums about Vegas, so you might get some tips there. :thumbsup:

Anyone ever feel Eeyore-ish? I felt that way last night, but I've improved somewhat today.

DisneyDudet
01-29-2008, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=Beast_fanatic;1531571
Anyone ever feel Eeyore-ish? [/QUOTE]

I feel that way right now. Something is going on in my personal life that has me very depressed. I've talked about it with people, and its not really helping any.

I don't feel like talking about it anymore. Can I just have a bunch of Pixie Dust? I don't know if it will help, but I know it can't hurt.

Thanks guys. Sorry to be such a downer, but thats who I am for a while.

Natazu
01-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Is the spandex conversation over now?

dlpmikki
01-29-2008, 04:14 AM
I feel that way right now. Something is going on in my personal life that has me very depressed. I've talked about it with people, and its not really helping any.

I don't feel like talking about it anymore. Can I just have a bunch of Pixie Dust? I don't know if it will help, but I know it can't hurt.

Here is lots of :pixie:! Hope it helps :(

Did you think it was? :D

I think we need to consider who is going to be controlling the Joker Pogo. I think Ken would make a good Batman and I suspect Alex is just dying to be Robin :funny::fresh:

disneydeb
01-29-2008, 06:55 AM
What is everyone doing today?

I'm going to my endocrinologist (expecting a good tongue lashing, finger- wagging). I am not looking forward to this.

I hope your day goes better than mine is looking to be.

pogo
01-29-2008, 07:39 AM
I always thought it was. We are looking to celebrate it at WDW again this year, but Patti is having trouble with vacation time.

How do you celebrate your anniversary ??? :D

Oh Morgan.... here's some :pixie: and a :hug:from Rochester, NY. I hope it helps.

People will always try to help a friend by getting them to talk. But the key is YOU.

YOU and only you have the power to make you feel better.

YOU can allow the situation to control you, OR YOU can control the situation ! It is YOUR choice !

1) Live your life to the fullest. Life is what YOU make of it.
2) Change what is in your power to change.
3) Don't worry or dwell on what you do not have any power over.
4) If you don't have the power to change it, and it is affecting your life negatively, then walk away from it and let someone else deal with it.

Why do I feel like the TheRustyScupper?? :D

I hope so... it was Alex I tell you.... Alex ! :D

I think we need to consider who is going to be controlling the Joker Pogo. I think Ken would make a good Batman and I suspect Alex is just dying to be Robin
Has somebody been to the movies lately ??? :D

I'm going to my endocrinologist (expecting a good tongue lashing, finger- wagging). I am not looking forward to this.

HHHhhhmmmm.... sounds like somebody has been non-compliant !! Good luck Sis ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
01-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I feel that way right now. Something is going on in my personal life that has me very depressed. I've talked about it with people, and its not really helping any. :hug: I hope you feel better soon Morgan. :pixie: :hug:

Is the spandex conversation over now?It depends...Did you get yours ready for the great reveal?:D

I'm going to my endocrinologist (expecting a good tongue lashing, finger- wagging). I am not looking forward to this.Good Luck with that Deb! :pixie:

Happy Tuesday!

offwego
01-29-2008, 09:16 AM
How about me ???? :confused: I give sweet answers.

Well you did get a hug in real life didn't you?

I don't feel like talking about it anymore. Can I just have a bunch of Pixie Dust? I don't know if it will help, but I know it can't hurt..
of course you can have some pixie dust. Where do you want the truck to drop it off?

Not hardly likely.

Good morning all.

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Happy Tuesday!

Isn't that all you really have.... bad questions ??

Ok, everyone, on the count of three.. one... two... three :fresh:

Where's The Beef ???

Wow! I can't believe this story has gone 'national'... this is just a hop, skip and jump from me... it's the TOP story in these parts! Who has the lasso?

If you knew you were going to get slaughtered wouldn't you run too?

This ain't the first one.. or the second...There was another one.. can't remember the year.. but it eluded capture for 11 days..

Since he's on the loose, is he a bum steer?

Yep! And I'm telling you - the 'steak' out to find him is HUGE!!!!:D

Anyone ever feel Eeyore-ish? I felt that way last night, but I've improved somewhat today.

I go thru loooonnnnggggg periods of feeling Eeyore-ish... glad you have improved! Would some cookies help?

:hug::pixie: Hope things get better quick for you!

I hope your day goes better than mine is looking to be.

Ugh! Good luck! Hope it goes well!

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
:mad: Ok... I gotta vent for a second... my supervisor is off sick all week. A customer from one of the schools called to check on her. So this customer says "So.. is Linda the boss now?" (Linda is my co-worker... I have senority over her - actually over my supervisor too)... WHY would this lady think that Linda would be the boss just cause my supervisor is off sick? I hesitated for a second and finally said.. "no, I don't think so.. I believe Linda and I are equals."... grrrrrrr......

I need a cookie....

DisneyDudet
01-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Here is lots of :pixie:! Hope it helps

Oh Morgan.... here's some :pixie: and a from Rochester, NY. I hope it helps.

People will always try to help a friend by getting them to talk. But the key is YOU.

YOU and only you have the power to make you feel better.

YOU can allow the situation to control you, OR YOU can control the situation ! It is YOUR choice !

1) Live your life to the fullest. Life is what YOU make of it.
2) Change what is in your power to change.
3) Don't worry or dwell on what you do not have any power over.
4) If you don't have the power to change it, and it is affecting your life negatively, then walk away from it and let someone else deal with it.

Why do I feel like the TheRustyScupper?? :D

:D

:hug: I hope you feel better soon Morgan.

of course you can have some pixie dust. Where do you want the truck to drop it off?

Hope things get better quick for you!

Thanks for all the pixie dust guys. I finally got some sleep, so I feel a little better. Hopefully a night out with some friends will perk me up. What's a good drink to put you in a good mood?

Wonder if they make a Bahama Mama like they do on the Disney Cruise? Doubtful. No Disney Magic in it...

Hope everyone has a magical day!

pogo
01-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Well you did get a hug in real life didn't you?
All I can say is your :hug: = :cloud9:

Ok, everyone, on the count of three.. one... two... three :fresh:

Are you just teasing me.... or do you really mean it ???? :confused:

:mad: Ok... I gotta vent for a second... my supervisor is off sick all week. A customer from one of the schools called to check on her. So this customer says "So.. is Linda the boss now?" (Linda is my co-worker... I have senority over her - actually over my supervisor too)... WHY would this lady think that Linda would be the boss just cause my supervisor is off sick? I hesitated for a second and finally said.. "no, I don't think so.. I believe Linda and I are equals."... grrrrrrr......
Why do you let these little trivial things get at you ?? Who cares who the boss is ! :D

Thanks for all the pixie dust guys. I finally got some sleep, so I feel a little better. Hopefully a night out with some friends will perk me up. What's a good drink to put you in a good mood?

Come on up and I'll fix you a Lapu lapu imitation that you'll enjoy and will put you in a good mood ! :D

alpro2
01-29-2008, 01:25 PM

You better not let your boss Linda see you on Intercot. :D

Why do you let these little trivial things get at you ?? Who cares who the boss is !

Guess who I just spoke to? This person accidently misdialed and called me instead of Amanda on her cell phone......Christine! She sends her regards to everyone.

offwego
01-29-2008, 02:00 PM

Guess who I just spoke to? This person accidently misdialed and called me instead of Amanda on her cell phone......Christine! She sends her regards to everyone.

Now that's a misdial! I'm awful for programming my phone I guess I better get better at it huh?

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Are you just teasing me.... or do you really mean it ???? :confused:

Believe me - I REALLY REALLY mean it! :D

Who yanked your chain and asked for your comments? :D

Poor poor Alex.. the only way he gets phone calls is by people misdialing... :D

Now that's a misdial! I'm awful for programming my phone I guess I better get better at it huh?

Yep.. better get better at it unless you want to accidently call and have to talk with Alex :D.

So, who has the Lysol wipes?

pogo
01-29-2008, 03:20 PM
You better not let your boss Linda see you on Intercot.

You don't have it programmed yet ?? :blush:

Poor poor Alex.. the only way he gets phone calls is by people misdialing...

Yep.. better get better at it unless you want to accidently call and have to talk with Alex.
Yeeeeeeeeoooouch! She got you good that time. Well...... are you just going to sit there and take it ??? :D

alpro2
01-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeeeeeeeeoooouch! She got you good that time. Well...... are you just going to sit there and take it ??? :D
Do you know how Christine and I exchanged cell numbers? We all exchanged numbers when we were ALL planning the big 10th Anniversary Intercot bash down in WDW. Oh, sorry....not all of us....just some of us. Let's see....who else do I have programmed in my phone? Blythe, Deb, Ellen, Jenn, Rhonda.....:D

Quick...minimize the window Diane. Linda is coming. :D

dlpmikki
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Do you know how Christine and I exchanged cell numbers? We all exchanged numbers when we were ALL planning the big 10th Anniversary Intercot bash down in WDW. Oh, sorry....not all of us....just some of us. Let's see....who else do I have programmed in my phone? Blythe, Deb, Ellen, Jenn, Rhonda.....:D

I bet you don't have me programmed into your cellphone :thedolls: - but I do have Ellen programmed into my home phone! Do you think it is a dangerous idea to tell me your phone numbers because I might actualy call you? :D

pogo
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Do you know how Christine and I exchanged cell numbers? We all exchanged numbers when we were ALL planning the big 10th Anniversary Intercot bash down in WDW. Oh, sorry....not all of us....just some of us. Let's see....who else do I have programmed in my phone? Blythe, Deb, Ellen, Jenn, Rhonda.
Well.... I got them all but Rhonda. Have you got mine ?? :D

I bet you don't have me programmed into your cellphone :thedolls: - but I do have Ellen programmed into my home phone! Do you think it is a dangerous idea to tell me your phone numbers because I might actualy call you? Poor Ellen ! :(

Go ahead... call him Dutchess... I dare you ! :D

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Instigator! :D

Do you know how Christine and I exchanged cell numbers? We all exchanged numbers when we were ALL planning the big 10th Anniversary Intercot bash down in WDW. Oh, sorry....not all of us....just some of us. Let's see....who else do I have programmed in my phone? Blythe, Deb, Ellen, Jenn, Rhonda.....

Have you ever actually CALLED those phone numbers that they gave you? They could be 'dead' numbers you know :D. Given to poor poor Alex out of sympathy...:D

And in regards to your Linda comment... you know which smilie I would like to insert here but can't because of a promise I made to a certain friend of mine

I bet you don't have me programmed into your cellphone :thedolls: - but I do have Ellen programmed into my home phone! Do you think it is a dangerous idea to tell me your phone numbers because I might actualy call you?

Would you call Alex collect from England? I could do some detective work and find his numbers for you! :thedolls:

dlpmikki
01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
Would you call Alex collect from England? I could do some detective work and find his numbers for you! :thedolls:

Of course I would call him :thedolls:

Do you want to know the truth? I have a phone package that not only lets me call landlines in the UK for free but also lets me call landlines and cellphones in the US for free! $10 a month for unlimited calls! So who you gonna call?

Jasper
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Jasper, do you look good in spandex.?.. I think Alex wants to know.:D

:rotfl::rotfl: Uh, that would be a huge NO!!! Think Orca the whale in spandex and you will have a reasonably close image.

So did that mental picture just destroy anyone's appetite?

dlpmikki
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM
:rotfl::rotfl: Uh, that would be a huge NO!!! Think Orca the whale in spandex and you will have a reasonably close image.

Ah, so continuing our theme you would have to play the villainous Penguin alongside Pogo's Joker?

Jasper
01-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Where's The Beef ???

Did I miss the memo? Is this national let your cows escape day?

Just as I was reading this post there was a news story on the local radio about a local man who was injured when the car he was driving struck a cow that had escaped from a field. Granted we live in a rural area with a lot of small cattle operations but what are the odds that something like that would be on the news just as I was reading this post?

Jasper
01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I think we need to consider who is going to be controlling the Joker Pogo. I think Ken would make a good Batman and I suspect Alex is just dying to be Robin :funny::fresh:

But the real burning question is who is going to be Bat Girl? Oh, wait, that is not politically correct anymore so the new version of that question is: who is going to be the female representation of the bat crime fighting character?:D:D

Jasper
01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Ah, so continuing our theme you would have to play the villainous Penguin alongside Pogo's Joker?

OOOOHHHH! Could I really? And you know what? My wife even has the costume at her store for that role! I could either be the tuxedo version or I could dress up as a real penguin!!

dlpmikki
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
OOOOHHHH! Could I really? And you know what? My wife even has the costume at her store for that role! I could either be the tuxedo version or I could dress up as a real penguin!!

Oh, I think the Tux version would suit you better, don't you? :D

Jasper
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh, I think the Tux version would suit you better, don't you? :D

Sure, a tux would give us all a little class wouldn't it?

disneydrmr
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM

Do you REALLY think a tux would help even Alex? :D

Dsnygirl
01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
:hi: Hi all - just a quick zoop to let you know I haven't fallen off the end of the world or been swept off to parts unknown by Capt Jack (:cloud9:) ... just been terribly busy and trying to keep up with things around here. Unfort., that means keeping my computer off so I don't sink into the "Intercot time warp"!!! :blush: Our weekend was crazy busy and I'm working 4 nights this week... mostly on the "anti-computer" floor, so I can't even zoop in from there and hang out!! :(

Anybody want to give me the "Reader's Digest" version of what's been going on?? Did I miss anything?? (Besides you guys, and yes I did miss you all .... even Alex.... :D)

I hope you're all doing great and having a good week so far -- I'll try to zoop in again later!!

drummerboy
01-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Anybody want to give me the "Reader's Digest" version of what's been going on?? Did I miss anything?? (Besides you guys, and yes I did miss you all .... even Alex....
Well, best I can tell, Alex tried to dress everybody in spandex, and that scared everybody so much that Mikki tried to divert us from Castaway Cay to the Batcave. (By the way, there is a town in NC called Bat Cave.) Jasper is up and about enough to put on a tuxedo and be the Penguin (or a new Bat-villain, "Orca"), and Pogo is the Joker. A couple of us are feeling eeyor-ish but lots of pixie dust has been shipped out via DDT (Drummerboy Discount Transportation) in hopes that spirits will pick up. Carol has given her new home over for Girl Scout Cookie storage freezers. Ummmm...I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now.

'K?

mouseaddict
01-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Good Evening everyone! How are you fine folks on his wonderful evening???
Why am I so happy??? Well, my fellow nurses will understand when I say Joint Accreditation came through today AND I WAS NOT THERE!!! I think my boss must have planned it..she is afraid I will tell the truth!
Anyone want a Napoleon from The Fresh Market??

pogo
01-29-2008, 06:52 PM
And in regards to your Linda comment... you know which smilie I would like to insert here but can't because of a promise I made to a certain friend of mine. Want me to do it for you ??? :D

Yeah Alex..... so there ! :fresh:

Pretty much did me in ! :sick:

Very little ! :blush:

Hi all - just a quick zoop to let you know I haven't fallen off the end of the world or been swept off to parts unknown by Capt Jack ... just been terribly busy and trying to keep up with things around here. Unfort., that means keeping my computer off so I don't sink into the "Intercot time warp"!!! Our weekend was crazy busy and I'm working 4 nights this week... mostly on the "anti-computer" floor, so I can't even zoop in from there and hang out!!
I was just getting ready to send out the search party for you.

Well, best I can tell, Alex tried to dress everybody in spandex, and that scared everybody so much that Mikki tried to divert us from Castaway Cay to the Batcave. (By the way, there is a town in NC called Bat Cave.) Jasper is up and about enough to put on a tuxedo and be the Penguin (or a new Bat-villain, "Orca"), and Pogo is the Joker. A couple of us are feeling eeyor-ish but lots of pixie dust has been shipped out via DDT (Drummerboy Discount Transportation) in hopes that spirits will pick up. Carol has given her new home over for Girl Scout Cookie storage freezers. Ummmm...I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of for now.

'K?
And what about the "JQ" Tour band to begin rehearsals for our world tour ??? :D

Caroleh
01-29-2008, 06:53 PM

I need a cookie....

Try working in a store where most of the employees have been at the store longer then you and all the customers think they are the boss and you're the nobody. I deal with that just about everyday, but then that's okay with me because I can get more work done and not be bothered. :D

You guys want to hear something very scary..I'm starting to sound like Pogo. A gentleman was in today with his 80 year old mother and I was asking her for her senior card, Her son said I want one of those, well, the mother told him he wasn't old even for one and I went into the Pogo thing about we shouldn't wish our lives away. Would Pogo be proud of me or did I just scare him?

Class? With Pogo and Alex do think that could be possible?

pjbs35a
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Did She Also Have A ChainSaw in Her Sweatshirt ???

SWEETWATER, Tenn. - A woman has been charged with possession of burglary tools after police said a crowbar slipped out of her pants as she was lurking around a church.

McMinn County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Shadrick pulled into the church parking lot early Saturday morning after he spotted a car parked near the building.

He found Jennifer Hunt, 35, walking from behind the building, where she said she was going to bathroom. When she was walking to her car to get her ID, a crowbar dropped from her pants

The officer also found Hunt had a screwdriver and observed pry marks on church doors. Hunt was being held on $2,000 bond pending a Tuesday arraignment.

drummerboy
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
And what about the "JQ" Tour band to begin rehearsals for our world tour ??? :D
I thought there'd have been enough coverage in the world press for her to already know that.

Well, DW is leaving me tomorrow. 'Course she's threatened to come back. :D She's off on her own world tour (or least to Florida and back). Should I warn the people in Florida? She has been warned that any side trips to WDW could constitute ground for serious repercusions.

disneydeb
01-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Short zoop to say HI and:pixie: :hug: for all

Isn't short zoop a position in baseball?

Nascfan
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM

Ha! Good one!

Where does Frankie find those news stories?

Hope everyone is well.

ElenitaB
01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi, all! Thanks for the Reader's Digest version.

To say that I've been busy is an understatement (I'm working 12 hour days lately)... and this morning was an EXCEEDINGLY weird morning, even by my standards (started with a crazy dream that went on and on and morphed from being about going camping to being a house guest), oversleeping, getting Ben to school late, getting a ticket on the way home (to the tune of $200 ... OUCH!), going to the grocery store and believing that today Jan 29 was Feb 29 and Leap Year, so I decided that this was a once every four year occurrence and that I shouldn't be bent out of shape over it. Weird, right? Funny thing was that I didn't figure out that it wasn't Feb 29th until mid-morning. Ya think some part of me might have registered that we hadn't gone on vacation? :rotfl:

If you zoop, can you dance? ;)

pjbs35a
01-29-2008, 08:35 PM

I don't find them, I experience them !!! Just another benefit of being a :spy: on the go.

Who is serving the Root :beer: Floats tonight ??? Winding down from a long day at work.

Tink&Goofy
01-29-2008, 09:32 PM
:hi: Hey everyone!
Finally have time to check in. Weekend was kind of a downer, and work has been busy and stressful since. :thedolls: Our March trip is still in jeopardy :judge:- but I am going forward as if all is well. I guess worse case scenario, I could join them all a day or two late :pout:. I would probably be exhausted and sleep during the entire vacation!

Its snowing at my house...is it snowing at yours? :D

pogo
01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
You guys want to hear something very scary..I'm starting to sound like Pogo. A gentleman was in today with his 80 year old mother and I was asking her for her senior card, Her son said I want one of those, well, the mother told him he wasn't old even for one and I went into the Pogo thing about we shouldn't wish our lives away. Would Pogo be proud of me or did I just scare him?
You always scare me....... but tonight, I'm proud of you ! Now I have to ask..... did you mean it ??? :D

Hey everyone!
Finally have time to check in. Weekend was kind of a downer, and work has been busy and stressful since. :thedolls: Our March trip is still in jeopardy - but I am going forward as if all is well. I guess worse case scenario, I could join them all a day or two late. I would probably be exhausted and sleep during the entire vacation!

Its snowing at my house...is it snowing at yours?
Hey you... we missed you and your strange sense of humor. Things will work out for you..... you'll see. Keep the faith ! :D

Tink&Goofy
01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey you... we missed you and your strange sense of humor. Things will work out for you..... you'll see. Keep the faith ! :D

Strange? As Alex would say "pot..kettle..black". :D

Glad you are convinced....tell it to the judge (no, really) Lets see, March 11...10 business days...I think that takes me beyond the March 23 pending departure date. :(
Keep the faith? How 'bout pray for a continuance? :D

Caroleh
01-29-2008, 09:56 PM
You always scare me....... but tonight, I'm proud of you ! Now I have to ask..... did you mean it ??? :D

Yep, I meant it. :D I really had a great day. The 80 year old mother was on oxigen and to hear her get after her son was so precious. When I was saying about not wishing your life away, I started with a good friend of mine...

Days like today, I wish I could have them everyday. If you think I scare you, you need to talk to my delivery guy. I can be a sweetie, can't I?

pogo
01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Strange? As Alex would say "pot..kettle..black". :D

Glad you are convinced....tell it to the judge (no, really) Lets see, March 11...10 business days...I think that takes me beyond the March 23 pending departure date. :(
Keep the faith? How 'bout pray for a continuance? :D
I want you to think of the brite side....... It's better than having the whole thing thrown out, isn't it ??? :D

Yep, I meant it. :D I really had a great day. The 80 year old mother was on oxigen and to hear her get after her son was so precious. When I was saying about not wishing your life away, I started with a good friend of mine...

Days like today, I wish I could have them everyday. If you think I scare you, you need to talk to my delivery guy. I can be a sweetie, can't I?
You can have them every day. It's in your power to have a good day or a bad day..... you just have to believe. :D

Tink&Goofy
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM

Do you suppose we are the only people here that know what we are talking about ???

I understood some of it. DH is a drummer, and I know his drums are Rogers, and his cymbals are Zildjan. I know he got a new high hat, but could not tell you what is was. How's that?

OK, but do you look good in spandex?
Ok, but does she look good in spandex?
Maybe Alex is checking out the competition, and trying to decide which spandex goes with which tube top...:D

I haven't been to CA for years -- and Brian and the boys have never been to DL -- so I want to go there -- It's actually the flights that will kill us! Thank goodness for Air Miles! Since we're going out -- we'll spend a couple of weeks -- some time in Monterey, San Francisco, Sacramento and pop over to Portland to see some family.

Portland, as in Oregon??? When? Would you have time to meet??

As long as I wear something over it.;)
Right there with you on that one! :D

Hhhmmmm.... April 20th will be our 6th. Did you know we are just newlyweds ???

Ours is not until July - but it will be our 22nd as well! (course I was just a wee youngster when I got married!:blush:)

God I hope so....

:hi: Hi all - just a quick zoop to let you know I haven't fallen off the end of the world or been swept off to parts unknown by Capt Jack.
:hi: Hi Blythe! So whatever happened to the house you were going to look at this weekend?

this morning was an EXCEEDINGLY weird morning, even by my standards (started with a crazy dream that went on and on and morphed from being about going camping to being a house guest), oversleeping, getting Ben to school late, getting a ticket on the way home (to the tune of $200 ... OUCH!), going to the grocery store and believing that today Jan 29 was Feb 29 and Leap Year, so I decided that this was a once every four year occurrence and that I shouldn't be bent out of shape over it.
What did you have for dinner last night? :confused:

Still snowing here. The kids may get a snow day tomorrow....

pogo
01-29-2008, 10:44 PM
I understood some of it. DH is a drummer, and I know his drums are Rogers, and his cymbals are Zildjan. I know he got a new high hat, but could not tell you what is was. How's that?

You are amazing ! Where's your DH ?? Ask him if your right ! :D

I hate to leave,but Im getting tired and I've got a huge day tomorrow.

See you all in the morning... nitey, nite....:sleepin:

Tink&Goofy
01-29-2008, 11:12 PM
You are amazing ! Where's your DH ?? Ask him if your right ! :D

Why would I need to ask him? He knows I'm right. :D

Beast_fanatic
01-30-2008, 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear about your Eeyore-ish feelings. Lots of :pixie: headed your way!

How do you celebrate your anniversary ???

Well, we frequently don't have much money at the time, so most years we just go out for a steak dinner.

I go thru loooonnnnggggg periods of feeling Eeyore-ish... glad you have improved! Would some cookies help?

Truly, I don't think cookies would have helped. I'm blaming it on the Hallmark movie and all the Hallmark commercials that I watched Sunday night!

Let's see....who else do I have programmed in my phone? Blythe, Deb, Ellen, Jenn, Rhonda.....

Did I miss your call? ;)

Do you want to know the truth? I have a phone package that not only lets me call landlines in the UK for free but also lets me call landlines and cellphones in the US for free! $10 a month for unlimited calls! So who you gonna call?

Now that's a good plan! :thumbsup:

But the real burning question is who is going to be Bat Girl? Oh, wait, that is not politically correct anymore so the new version of that question is: who is going to be the female representation of the bat crime fighting character?

Who knew that bats had a lot of crime?

So, what did the endocrinologist have to say?

Who is serving the Root Floats tonight ???

I saw bottled root beer floats the other day! I think they're by A&W - they contain something like "ice cream flavor". :sick:

Ours is not until July - but it will be our 22nd as well! (course I was just a wee youngster when I got married!:blush:)

I was just a youngster as well. :blush:

DisneyDudet
01-30-2008, 03:22 AM
To say that I've been busy is an understatement (I'm working 12 hour days lately)... and this morning was an EXCEEDINGLY weird morning, even by my standards (started with a crazy dream that went on and on and morphed from being about going camping to being a house guest), oversleeping, getting Ben to school late, getting a ticket on the way home (to the tune of $200 ... OUCH!), going to the grocery store and believing that today Jan 29 was Feb 29 and Leap Year, so I decided that this was a once every four year occurrence and that I shouldn't be bent out of shape over it. Weird, right? Funny thing was that I didn't figure out that it wasn't Feb 29th until mid-morning. Ya think some part of me might have registered that we hadn't gone on vacation?

Ellen, I've done some WEIRD things, from thinking that the ENTIRE day was a completely different day. Luckily, I never went to work on my day off! But yeah, a whole month off? Thats pretty good. I DID have to look at my calendar and make sure I was with you. Next time I'll send you a message reminding you of LEAP YEAR DAY! How's that sound?

Tonight is my long night. I am apparently the only one up on these boards. Maybe I'll see some of you in the morning, as I work tonight (wednesday).

Hope everyone is sleeping well!

disneydeb
01-30-2008, 07:05 AM
So, what did the endocrinologist have to say?

"Try to do better, Come back in March to feed my money pot."

and

"DId you get any excersize?" :confused:

Everyone Have great day! I'm off to make a difference in a life, I love my job. It has so many opportunities!:thumbsup:

pogo
01-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Good morning all........ boy is it windy.:fan: Last night when we went to bed our house was in Rochester..... now I think we are in Syracuse. All the flags are doing this. :flag2:
We have 30 mph sustained winds with gusts at around 50 mph :jaw:and it's supposed to get stronger. Hang on tight ! Maybe we'll see you later....:shrug:..... maybe not.

Why would I need to ask him? He knows I'm right. :DAllrighty then........ don't ask.

Why do you think you're always right ?? :D

Well, we frequently don't have much money at the time, so most years we just go out for a steak dinner.

That's just what we do on the years we don't go to WDW. Maybe this year ??????? :( I'm still trying .

Tonight is my long night. I am apparently the only one up on these boards. Maybe I'll see some of you in the morning, as I work tonight (wednesday).

Hope everyone is sleeping well!
I hope you had a good night at work.

pogo
01-30-2008, 07:09 AM

and

"DId you get any excersize?" :confused:

Everyone Have great day! I'm off to make a difference in a life, I love my job. It has so many opportunities!:thumbsup:

Don't you just hate them kind of Doctor visits ? Hang in there Sis ! :D

alpro2
01-30-2008, 08:42 AM

You always scare me....... but tonight, I'm proud of you ! Now I have to ask..... did you mean it ???

Yeah right.....Carol was like, "ok lady, do you want the patchwork blanket or not!" :D

I think the alien that abducted Deb also took the real Carol.

You can have them every day. It's in your power to have a good day or a bad day..... you just have to believe. :D
Oh my goodness. It's Pogo! I think Pogo is the alien. What have you done with my friends, Pogo? I knew I couldn't trust those smiley faces that he uses on his posts. :D

Maybe Alex is checking out the competition, and trying to decide which spandex goes with which tube top...

Do we want the black or the sparkly gold spandex? :D

disneydrmr
01-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Happy Wednesday! (it is Wed. right? I'm not so sure after reading Ellen's post.. now she has me confused as to what day it really is! :D)

Anybody want to give me the "Reader's Digest" version of what's been going on?? Did I miss anything?? (Besides you guys, and yes I did miss you all .... even Alex....

Hiya! You've been missed!

'K?

That's a pretty good summary! Maybe you should do this every morning to catch everyone up on what happened the day before?

Want me to do it for you ???
Yeah Alex..... so there ! :fresh:

Thanks Pogo! You sure are a GREAT friend!!!

Congrats Carol! I believe we should all sound like Pogo! We all need to cherish every day we are given... live our lives to the fullest! Be grateful for each and every new day! Love with all our hearts! Experience life with open arms! (oh my... that might not scare Pogo... but it sure scared me! :D)

Did She Also Have A ChainSaw in Her Sweatshirt ???

SWEETWATER, Tenn. - A woman has been charged with possession of burglary tools after police said a crowbar slipped out of her pants as she was lurking around a church.

McMinn County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Shadrick pulled into the church parking lot early Saturday morning after he spotted a car parked near the building.

He found Jennifer Hunt, 35, walking from behind the building, where she said she was going to bathroom. When she was walking to her car to get her ID, a crowbar dropped from her pants

The officer also found Hunt had a screwdriver and observed pry marks on church doors. Hunt was being held on $2,000 bond pending a Tuesday arraignment.

Oh my! maybe she should have wet that crowbar down and stuck it to her skin...

OH! The Free Cow you posted the article on yesterday.. well.. sad ending to the story. They located the poor fellow... An SPCA officer attempted to shoot it with a tranquilizer.. that failed.. the cow began charging at cars so an officer opened fire on it and killed it.

Well, DW is leaving me tomorrow. 'Course she's threatened to come back. She's off on her own world tour (or least to Florida and back). Should I warn the people in Florida? She has been warned that any side trips to WDW could constitute ground for serious repercusions.

Do you need us to send you some frozen meals to get you by until she returns? I've heard that Drummerboy's Discount Frozen Food Delivery Service has a special on "Roadkill Supreme" this week. :D If you buy 7 meals you get a gallon of "Mint Chocolate Possum Ice Cream".

Hi Deb! Thanks for the giggle!

Are you telling me that you hadn't heard about the loose cow? You live in Ohio, Frankie doesn't and he heard about it.. wow!

To say that I've been busy is an understatement (I'm working 12 hour days lately)... and this morning was an EXCEEDINGLY weird morning, even by my standards (started with a crazy dream that went on and on and morphed from being about going camping to being a house guest), oversleeping, getting Ben to school late, getting a ticket on the way home (to the tune of $200 ... OUCH!), going to the grocery store and believing that today Jan 29 was Feb 29 and Leap Year, so I decided that this was a once every four year occurrence and that I shouldn't be bent out of shape over it. Weird, right? Funny thing was that I didn't figure out that it wasn't Feb 29th until mid-morning. Ya think some part of me might have registered that we hadn't gone on vacation?

Um, I think this whole scenario tells me that you are BEYOND the need for a vacation! I think you need to leave on your trip immediately! :D

Finally have time to check in. Weekend was kind of a downer, and work has been busy and stressful since. Our March trip is still in jeopardy - but I am going forward as if all is well. I guess worse case scenario, I could join them all a day or two late I would probably be exhausted and sleep during the entire vacation!

Its snowing at my house...is it snowing at yours?

Hi! Glad you are able to drop in for a visit! Hope things work out for you in March. No snow here (yet).. lots of heavy rain overnight.. and VERY strong winds...

Glad you are convinced....tell it to the judge (no, really) Lets see, March 11...10 business days...I think that takes me beyond the March 23 pending departure date.
Keep the faith? How 'bout pray for a continuance?

Hmmmm... do they know you have a trip that was planned before all this occurred? I mean, there's cost to changing airline tickets and such... so maybe they would give a continuance if they knew the situation? Again.. I hope this works out for you!

and

"DId you get any excersize?"
Everyone Have great day! I'm off to make a difference in a life, I love my job. It has so many opportunities

Do we go to the same doctor?

Ok.. add one more person to the list of those of us sounding like Pogo!

Good morning all........ boy is it windy. Last night when we went to bed our house was in Rochester..... now I think we are in Syracuse. All the flags are doing this. We have 30 mph sustained winds with gusts at around 50 mph and it's supposed to get stronger. Hang on tight ! Maybe we'll see you later......... maybe not.

We are having high/strong winds also. Our gusts were reaching 70 miles per hour :jaw: It blew over a large BP highway sign.. many trees/power lines are down.. lots of power outages... just downright NASTY out there. I'm worried about DH today since he drives a big rig... I think I just saw Toto and Dorothy fly by the window...

disneydrmr
01-30-2008, 09:07 AM

Depends - are you wearing the hot pink tube top or the lime green one? :D

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Yeah right.....Carol was like, "ok lady, do you want the patchwork blanket or not!" :D

I think the alien that abducted Deb also took the real Carol.

Oh, I'm still here, Alex!! It was also yesterday that I had my delivery guy grovelling at my feet. He had totally upset me and wasn't doing his deliver.es like he was suppose to, so I called his head office and he was doing exactly what I wanted and was apologizing. This morning Gilles was complaining about something he couldn't find and was telling me to call so and so to get the stuff and I found them, where HE misplaced them, now he's grovelling. He
said he should know better then messing with my alter ego, "Amazon". My assistant is calling me Attila the Hun. :D Do you want to get on my bad side? :D

Instead of the spandex, I received at the store gold, silver, and bronze leatherette. Do you think you could use that Alex? I can send you 14 metres of each one!!:D

disneydrmr
01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
He
said he should know better then messing with my alter ego, "Amazon". My assistant is calling me Attila the Hun. :D Do you want to get on my bad side? :D

Instead of the spandex, I received at the store gold, silver, and bronze leatherette. Do you think you could use that Alex? I can send you 14 metres of each one!!:D

I don't wanna get on your bad side... but I would like to borrow your bad side.. would you like to come to my office and have a 'talk' with our receptionist?

And on that leatherette for Alex... do you really think 14 metres will be enough? Remember.. you have to account for his rather large ego... :D you may need to double the amount..

drummerboy
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
1. Do you need us to send you some frozen meals to get you by until she returns? I've heard that Drummerboy's Discount Frozen Food Delivery Service has a special on "Roadkill Supreme" this week. :D If you buy 7 meals you get a gallon of "Mint Chocolate Possum Ice Cream".

2. We are having high/strong winds also. Our gusts were reaching 70 miles per hour :jaw: It blew over a large BP highway sign.. many trees/power lines are down.. lots of power outages... just downright NASTY out there. I'm worried about DH today since he drives a big rig... I think I just saw Toto and Dorothy fly by the window...
1. You've brought a tear to my eye with your generous offer.

2. Pshaw. Around here in hurricane central, that's just a stiff breeze.

How's hump day going for everybody?

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I don't wanna get on your bad side... but I would like to borrow your bad side.. would you like to come to my office and have a 'talk' with our receptionist?

And on that leatherette for Alex... do you really think 14 metres will be enough? Remember.. you have to account for his rather large ego... :D you may need to double the amount..

My bad side actually scares me, and I don't like it, but I also know running a business it has to come out to get things done that need to be done and done right. Most of the time, I love to joke around and have fun. I think you need to have fun at work and laugh, it makes the day so much more fun.

That was 14 metres(a little more then 15 yards) of each colour..I think that might be just enough for his ego, don't you? Do you think I should order more?

disneydrmr
01-30-2008, 10:10 AM
1. You've brought a tear to my eye with your generous offer.

2. Pshaw. Around here in hurricane central, that's just a stiff breeze.

You are welcome for my generous offer.. look for the packages to be arriving soon! Since you are such a good moderator I even sprung for the delux package - you know - the one that includes a variety of drinks... from "Liver Juice" and "Possum Pee Pop" to "Pure Everglades Swamp Water".. yep! You deserve it! :D

That was 14 metres(a little more then 15 yards) of each colour..I think that might be just enough for his ego, don't you? Do you think I should order more?

Well.... since he is so proud of his legs I'm sure he won't want to cover those.. so taking the fabric that would be needed to make pants.. yep... maybe you do have enough for him and his ego! :D

Did any of you see my question? I think it blew north...

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
You are welcome for my generous offer.. look for the packages to be arriving soon! Since you are such a good moderator I even sprung for the delux package - you know - the one that includes a variety of drinks... from "Liver Juice" and "Possum Pee Pop" to "Pure Everglades Swamp Water".. yep! You deserve it! :D

Did any of you see my question? I think it blew north...

I still have Bear Breath Soap, do you think Ken could use that? :D If not, maybe Pogo could lend Ken the Beaver Butt Soap!!

Is that what I just saw blow past my window? I think it's heading further North, Di!!

alpro2
01-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Is that like pleather?

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Is that like pleather?

yep!! It's suppose to be the newest, hottest thing for home decor, but my house will never see it!!!:D I won't say what a customer said about it. :secret: Do you want it? These are the things that get sent to me because someone higher up thinks we need it!!

MauiMouse
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Good morning all........ boy is it windy.:fan: Last night when we went to bed our house was in Rochester..... now I think we are in Syracuse. All the flags are doing this. :flag2:
We have 30 mph sustained winds with gusts at around 50 mph :jaw:and it's supposed to get stronger. Hang on tight ! Maybe we'll see you later....:shrug:..... maybe not.

Same here pogo, it's blowing like crazy. I think that we blew across the bay last night. Plus it's super duper freezing today. Anyone have some hot chocolate?

Happy Wednesday! (it is Wed. right? I'm not so sure after reading Ellen's post.. now she has me confused as to what day it really is! :D)

Yes, it's still Wednesday then the big day tomorrow. Anyone want to venture to guess?

Have a good day everyone!

ElenitaB
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Is everyone having a WONDERFUL Wednesday? (Yes, it's Wednesday... I think!) At least it's not a wacky or weird Wednesday... well, not in my neck of the woods anyway.

Around an hour ago the wind was blowing really hard. I got a bit worried that we would have another tornado blow through here like last summer.

Mary, if you find the hot cocoa, please send some my way! If you'd like a chai latte, let me know! I made some this AM and it was :tasty:

Mary, are you talking about Lost coming back?

MauiMouse
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Mary, if you find the hot cocoa, please send some my way! If you'd like a chai latte, let me know! I made some this AM and it was :tasty:

Mary, are you talking about Lost coming back?

Ooh, that sound yummy, yes please I'd love to try some. :coffee:

Well, yes and no about Lost, almost forget about that one. But how can anyone really forget since it's been on tv so much lately. I get so darn Lost watching. :silly: Anyone else have their DVR set? Nope, it's the big day that happens once a year. :cake: Going out with my friends, hopefully she will call soon.

pogo
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats Carol! I believe we should all sound like Pogo! We all need to cherish every day we are given... live our lives to the fullest! Be grateful for each and every new day! Love with all our hearts! Experience life with open arms! (oh my... that might not scare Pogo... but it sure scared me!)

Ok.. add one more person to the list of those of us sounding like Pogo!
I think it runs in the family, don't you ?? :D

It was also yesterday that I had my delivery guy grovelling at my feet.

This morning Gilles was complaining about something he couldn't find and was telling me to call so and so to get the stuff and I found them, where HE misplaced them, now he's grovelling.

My assistant is calling me Attila the Hun.
Do you want to get on my bad side?

Wow.... alot of grovelling going on.

Should we start calling you AttilaEh ??? :D

Rather humpy, I think ! :D

My bad side actually scares me.
Yeah..... well even your good side scares me ! :funny:

You are welcome for my generous offer.. look for the packages to be arriving soon! Since you are such a good moderator I even sprung for the delux package - you know - the one that includes a variety of drinks... from "Liver Juice" and "Possum Pee Pop" to "Pure Everglades Swamp Water".. yep! You deserve it!

Yes, it's still Wednesday then the big day tomorrow. Anyone want to venture to guess?
Are you getting married ???

Nope, it's the big day that happens once a year. :cake: Going out with my friends, hopefully she will call soon.
It's your friends birthday ??? :D

Dsnygirl
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi guys... just a quick zoop...

:hi: Hi Blythe! So whatever happened to the house you were going to look at this weekend?

We couldn't see it b/c the wife was OOT and the dad was home with the kids alone all weekend... not a recipe for a clean, showable house, I guess!! ;) So, we're going to see it this upcoming Saturday afternoon... cross your fingers!! :)

Why would I need to ask him? He knows I'm right. :D
That's my kind-of answer... :D

Good morning all........ boy is it windy. Last night when we went to bed our house was in Rochester..... now I think we are in Syracuse.
I wish!!

Do we want the black or the sparkly gold spandex?
Sparkly gold, definitely... goes well with your coloring. :D

Should we start calling you AttilaEh ???

offwego
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Blythe..pst...Do you think Rhonda might be looking at your post soon?

dlpmikki
01-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Will youse guys please keep your wind to yourselves? I am going to a posh do in London tomorrow and the last thing I want to hear on the weather forecast is gales and driving rain arriving from the US! At least I am planning on velvet trousers rather than a posh frock but even so! Just in case anyone is contemplating asking - I am going to a Liverymen only dinner for the Worshipful Company of World Traders (http://www.world-traders.org/) :D In this instance Liverymen is non specific as both Andrew and I are ones.

offwego
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Will youse guys please keep your wind to yourselves? I am going to a posh do in London tomorrow and the last thing I want to hear on the weather forecast is gales and driving rain arriving from the US! At least I am planning on velvet trousers rather than a posh frock but even so! Just in case anyone is contemplating asking - I am going to a Liverymen only dinner for the Worshipful Company of World Traders (http://www.world-traders.org/) :D In this instance Liverymen is non specific as both Andrew and I are ones.

So will we get pictures of the velvet trousers or if the weather behaves the posh frock? I kinda like the word frock..we don't tend to use that on this side of the pond.

Dsnygirl
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Blythe..pst...Do you think Rhonda might be looking at your post soon?
Ooops... see what happens when you're not around for a few days?? :blush:

Sounds pretty neat, Mikki... we'll try to keep it down over here!!

Okay, so I don't repeat the infraction... what's everyone up to tonight?? I'm about to go crash and watch a little TV, as I have the house to myself for the first time in ages. Of course, I'll probably jump up at commercials and try to get a few things done, but still.... :blush:

pogo
01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi guys... just a quick zoop...
:hi: Neighbor..... I've missed you. :blush:

Will youse guys please keep your wind to yourselves? I am going to a posh do in London tomorrow and the last thing I want to hear on the weather forecast is gales and driving rain arriving from the US! At least I am planning on velvet trousers rather than a posh frock but even so! Just in case anyone is contemplating asking - I am going to a Liverymen only dinner for the Worshipful Company of World Traders (http://www.world-traders.org/) :D In this instance Liverymen is non specific as both Andrew and I are ones. I'll try but you know Alex..... he never keeps his wind to himself !:shake:

Are you thinking about wearing Alex's velvet trousers ??? :confused:

So will we get pictures of the velvet trousers or if the weather behaves the posh frock? I kinda like the word frock..we don't tend to use that on this side of the pond.
Posh Frock ????? Is that another saying about getting gussied up ?? :D

Okay, so I don't repeat the infraction... what's everyone up to tonight?? I'm about to go crash and watch a little TV, as I have the house to myself for the first time in ages. Of course, I'll probably jump up at commercials and try to get a few things done, but still....
Don't stay away so long next time please. :D

pjbs35a
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Anyone want to guess where I am going tomorrow ??? :mickey: There is a big downside. Business trip. No time to frolic in the Parks. :spy:

drummerboy
01-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Anyone want to guess where I am going tomorrow ??? :mickey:
Ummm, let's see, could it be...no, probably not that, uh, maybe...nah, couldn't be, um uh er uh, ooh, what about...no...can I get back to you?

pogo
01-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Anyone want to guess where I am going tomorrow ??? :mickey: There is a big downside. Business trip. No time to frolic in the Parks. :spy:
You're going to NY City and you won't have time to go to Central Park ?? :faint: Oh I hate business trips. :blush:

Ummm, let's see, could it be...no, probably not that, uh, maybe...nah, couldn't be, um uh er uh, ooh, what about...no...can I get back to you?
Wait a minute...... I think it's...... well... maybe it's.... uhm...... it's gotta be..... :shrug: I see your point Big Guy ! Maybe we can nail it down later. :bored:

ElenitaB
01-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Have a nice time, Frankie? Are you staying on property? I've been to business meetings on property with no time to go frolic. How long will you be there?

Pogo, did you drag your bed back home?

pjbs35a
01-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Have a nice time, Frankie? Are you staying on property? I've been to business meetings on property with no time to go frolic. How long will you be there?

Staying in the Downtown Disney area. Arriving tomorrow, returning mid-day Satruday. What's a body to do ???

pogo
01-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Pogo, did you drag your bed back home?
I was quite surprised to find it just where I left it. :yes:

How did today go for you ?? :confused:

Tink&Goofy
01-30-2008, 10:29 PM

Thats kind of our norm too. Except for the big 20th - when we spent it on opposite sides of the country since I was on Long Island. :(

Thats a tough choice - you know black does make you look thinner, and goes with everything, but gold brings out your sparkling personality! :D

Hmmmm... do they know you have a trip that was planned before all this occurred? I mean, there's cost to changing airline tickets and such... so maybe they would give a continuance if they knew the situation?
Somehow I think the judge could really give a rip what my vacation plans are....:(

Should we start calling you AttilaEh ??? :D

So Pogo - when will you know if April is going to work out for you and Patti?

drummerboy
01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Somehow I think the judge could really give a rip what my vacation plans are....:(
Probably true, especially if it's federal court. At least our courts have recognized the importance of down time for attorneys to have intituted a 'secured leave' program for us to be able to more or less guarantee that court won't interfere with vacation. Think positively--the other parties may want to buy some time and ask for continuances.

Can you believe it? this night owl is just about ready to hit the hay. Good night all.

pogo
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
So Pogo - when will you know if April is going to work out for you and Patti?
Hey T&G.... where have you been ?? :confused:

I hope to know pretty soon. I've got the itenerary done and made a couple of ADR's. :D

Caroleh
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
1.Wow.... alot of grovelling going on.

2.Should we start calling you AttilaEh ??? :D

3.Yeah..... well even your good side scares me ! :funny:

1. Are you going to start grovelling also?

2. :funny:

3. Are you a fraidy cat? Now why would I scare you? Gee, what would you think if I didn't like you?? I really am a very nice person with a warped sense of humour!!!