PDA

View Full Version : Question for Land & Sea Travelers

DakotaDisney
01-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Which do you think would be a better experience in May of 2008?

Option One:

Fly in around 2:30 pm on Wednesday
4 nights at AKL relaxing and visiting parks
then 4 day cruise (Sunday-Thursday)
then 2 nights at a Value Resort spending all the time at parks (Thursday & Friday)
Fly out on Saturday

Option Two:

Fly in around 2:30 pm on Thursday
3 nights at a Value Resort spending all the time at the parks (except the Sunday leaving on cruise)
then 4 day cruise (Sunday - Thursday)
then 3 nights at AKL relaxing and visiting parks (Thursday - Saturday)
Fly out on Sunday

I had thought of doing only 6 nights before the cruise at AKL, but I can't afford to do that and I really want to stay at AKL again and this time relax and enjoy the resort a little more.

If you are going to split your stay, normally people suggest staying at the value resort first then moving to the deluxe. Any thoughts about this and doing the cruise? I will probably do the inside regular room on the cruise.

Thanks for your input! :mickey:

Tink1
01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I vote #2

No matter what, I am always excited getting to WDW and have to hit the parks hot and heavy when I arrive. I do not start spending resort time until the end of the week. This way your hot and heavy time would be at a value, and AKL would be more laid back

Just my 2 cents.

Nanc

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I vote for option #2 as well, but for a different reason. DCL is a pretty tough act to follow as it's just so nice and you really do get rather pampered. Going from DCL to a value resort would really depress me, even if I was at WDW. (I go home to my apartment and get depressed here. :blush:) Just my :twocents:

DakotaDisney
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
:mickey: Thanks for your replies!
I hope some more reply as well.

Do you think it really is that big of a deal moving from the deluxe or DCL to a value? Is it really that much of a change in style or pampering that it is disapointing?

I thought about switching it around. 2 nights at a value then 4 night at AKL after the cruise, but I think I would really rather spend more days at WDW before the cruise then after.

Which do you think is a bigger deal or has a bigger affect on a trip:

Spending more time at the park/resorts before or after the cruise?
or
Switching up or down resort locations/values during a stay?

adoptionislove
01-20-2008, 11:05 PM
My vote is for #2!!!

You will have fun no matter what!:mickey:

ElenitaB
01-20-2008, 11:08 PM
I'd rather spend more time at WDW before the cruise... that way if you're a bit tired from hitting the parks (maybe it's just my age showing :blush:), you can relax a bit on the cruise (not that it's all shuffleboard and sunbathing by the pool, but could be if you wanted it to).