PDA

View Full Version : AbeeNormal's Amazing WDW & DCL Trip Reports - Day 3

AbeeNormal
01-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Cast:

Me - AbeeNormal - AKA Chris (soon to be Forty)
Jeff - AKA DH 37 now
Jack - AKA DS Age 7
Jones - AKA DS Age 6
Abee's Mom AKA Lee - Age is a # & hers isn't listed
MIL - AKA Mary (Cruise Only)
FIL - AKA Jon( Cruise Only)

Day 3
We spent most of this day at Magic Kingdom. The lines weren't bad, the weather was a bit warmer but the clouds were a bit iffy and it rained a little, but we were still thrilled to be where we were.

We did start with a really fun breakfast at Chef Mickey's - The character's were plentiful & the food was really tasty - The service was great too by the way.

The Haunted Mansion - Really fun and I loved the coffin out front. It's really different than in Disneyland in the fact that in Disneyland you walk thru what you see on the first part of the ride at WDW it was really neat that it was the same yet very different.

The Pirates of the Carribean - I loved the Que it was so fun to walk thru and my boys were in awe the whole time.

The Tiki Room - also really fun a little cheeky but fun - I loved the height in the roof from the outside - the one at DL isn't nearly as impressive.

Buzz Light Year Ride - My kids had a ball and DH scored well over 100,000 pts. so everyone was happy. The ride seemed really long and I loved the warp tunnel.

We saw a CM in Tomorrowland sort of milling around and we asked what she was doing, she said Buzz Lightyear was coming out in a few minutes so we waited and were lucky enough to be in line first. OMG he was amazing we had so much fun with him and the personal attention was incredible. At one point we told the boys to turn around so we could get there picture and Buzz looked at us put his finger up as if to say "just a second", and he turned around with his back to us and started posing. When we left my youngest son shook his hand and we started to walk away and he kept ahold of my sons hand and walked with us for quite a ways. What an Amazing CM in a Buzz Lightyear Suit

At that point we needed to head to our ADR at EPCOT we were headed to The Garden Grill ( Ithink I'm saying the wrong name) the restaurant revolves and Mickey was there - What a trek we had getting there - The Monorail wasn't running and the fairy wait was over an hour so we took a paddle wheel boat and then a bus and got there about 10 minutes late but they were very kind and sat us quickly. The food was reallly good and my DS - 7 had catfish:chicken: for the first time purely by mistake thinking it was chicken - we let him eat it for awhile and then let him know what it was. The entire rest of the trip he ate almost nothing but catfish - Thank You Disney

After Dinner we went to Downtown Disney it was fun but it was still really cold. I loved the ornament shop but my DH was less than thrilled so we didn't spend much time there. I'm sure a lot of people know this but just in case don't wait to late to get a bus back to your reosrt we had to transfer three times to get back to the Poly it was no big deal just really cold.

What a fun day we had. I'm really excited at this point because in the morning we meet in the lobby to prepare for a bus trip to Port Canaveral were we get on the ship for four glorious days - This report will be in the DCL area I figure it's more appropriate.

My only dissapointment was not getting a Dole Whip while I was there. But I guess that's what next time is for.

Thanks so much for reading:thumbsup:

Sorry for the Delay - I started the DCL report in that section

pdrlkr
01-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds like a really busy day. Thanks for sharing.

HndrdPrcnt
01-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Another great day for you all. I can not wait to read on and hear all about the cruise!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Sounds great. I'm heading to read about the cruise. I'm so excited!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
01-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a Magical day to me!

BMan62
01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like you made the best out of some less than perfect weather conditions in the parks. You'll fair better with weather conditions on your next WDW trip!!!! (And we all know there WILL be a next WDW trip!!!! :thedolls: )

MauiMouse
01-20-2008, 07:04 PM
I agree with the Queue at Pirates, it's fun going back and forth wondering when you are finally going to reach those boats.

Glad that you enjoyed Garden Grill, it's one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Awesome, such a fun trip. Thanks for the report!

RedheadWriter
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Great report from a fun filled, busy day! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
That sounded like a practically perfect day, if not for the cool evening. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Garden Grill. It is a must do each trip for my family. Nice added bonus that your son is now a catfish fan. :thumbsup: Thank you so much for all of your reports. Your enthusiasm was catching and I enjoyed each one. I hope you all had as much fun on your cruise. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
What a great day. I am looking forward to hearing about the cruise portion. :mickey:

McGoofy
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
What a neat day at MK. That's so cool how you got a personal photo shoot with Buzz!:mickey: I'm glad you had a chance to check out the Garden Grill too. I love the food there. I agree with your son...that catfish is soooooo good!

I can't wait to read about your cruise!:mickey:

KylesMom
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
What great experiences - from Chef Mickey's to HM, Potc and of course BUZZ!

I'm so glad you enjoyed Garden Grill - it is among our favorites!

Now, I can't wait to hear about your cruise! :mickey:

faline
01-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Your enjoyment comes through so clearly in your report! What a great time you had with Buzz!

pogo
01-24-2008, 07:33 AM
It sounds like you had another wonderful Disney day. :mickey:

I can't wait to read about your cruise. :D