PDA

View Full Version : Akershus or Crystal Palace?

ljv1975
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
For breakfast character dining do you prefer Akershus or Crystal Palace?

Also, do you think Crystal Palace is better for breakfast or lunch? Thanks.

wendy*darling
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
We love Crystal Palace for any meal. :thumbsup:

Our family prefers the Pooh characters.
If you have young princesses, you may prefer Akershus.

We did try the Princess Storybook Breakfast when it was new. The food was good, and I enjoyed eating in the Norway "castle." But I have older boys, and we don't need to see the princesses.

Whichever you choose- you will eat well.
Just pick the characters you like best!

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 08:27 PM
We always enjoy an EARLY breakfast at Crystal Palace (we try for an 8:05 ADR)... not only for the food (which is really quite good) and Pooh and friends, but also for the opportunity to walk down a virtually empty Main Street.

heidi614
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
:mickey: Akerhus is great to see the princesses and they bring a traditional breakfast of potatos', eggs and bacon in a big skillet and the refill it as needed. Usually Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, Japense Princess(?), Belle and the little mermaid. Very fun. It does take a good 20 minute walk from the entrance to epcot. Crystal Palace food is great anytime. Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet and Tigger are lots of fun.

Depends if the Princess are a must or Pooh.

joanna71985
01-19-2008, 09:41 PM
For breakfast character dining do you prefer Akershus or Crystal Palace?

Also, do you think Crystal Palace is better for breakfast or lunch? Thanks.

For breakfast I would have to go with Norway. I love CP much better for lunch or dinner.

01-19-2008, 11:34 PM
We always enjoy an EARLY breakfast at Crystal Palace (we try for an 8:05 ADR)... not only for the food (which is really quite good) and Pooh and friends, but also for the opportunity to walk down a virtually empty Main Street.

I agree 100%. We had an 8:05 adr last time we went and plan to do this every visit now.

lockedoutlogic
01-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Neither....those are the worst of the character locations

tinksmom02
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
we did both of these for breakfast last trip and enjoyed them both. I thought the food selection was much, much better at CP, but DD5 really enjoyed seeing all the princesses in Norway and showing them her first loose tooth (only discovered the night before!). I would return to CP, not sure about Norway...would schedule a very early ADR at Cp to enjoy an "empty" park. We did a late breakfast at Akershus, so we were able to hit Soarin and Test Track before heading over to WS.

Jared
01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I'd definitely choose Crystal Palace, more for the atmosphere than the food or characters. Like Ellen said, there's something special about an early breakfast before the Magic Kingdom opens.

:tasty:

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 09:35 AM
CP, we ate dinner at PSB - Norway and the food was horrible.

JMTStone
01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
We found the Norway lunch ONLY good for the princess interaction. We weren't crazy about the food. My favorite is Cinderella castle.

Sinewiz
01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Done both and felt the atmosphere at the Crystal Palace was far superior. Good luck on your decision. ;)

DDuck66
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I have tried both, and I like the food better at CP. Norway is nice and the Princess's were very good. In fact we saw Jasmine later that day and she remembered to tell us thank you for eating breakfast with her.
We are trying the early morning (before Park Opens) breakfast at CP this May.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
01-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Very tough choice because both of these are my kids favorites. If I had to choose one over the other I would have to toss a coin.

BelleLovesTheBeast
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I love the Crystal Palace. My husband and I went last Sept for our first character breakfast. The food was awesome. We had an 8:30 reservation and got pictures with every character and it didn't take too long. The staff was kind of enough to take our picture. I will be doing this character breakfast again.

I haven't tried the other but had a few people tell me that they weren't crazy about the food. We asked because we were thinking about trying it. One family said it was the worst food in Disney. Also everyone said that they didn't get to see all of the princesses and that they seemed rushed.

Hope this helps