PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary, where would you eat

Jimenyfan
01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
DH and I will be traveling to the world from March 1-March 5 to celebrate our 20th anniversary and our big question is where to eat. We celebrated our 15th with a wonderful meal at California Grill but with running short on time don't know if they would have an ADR available. Our other options are LeCellier, Citricos or Narcossee's. Any and all opinions are welcome.

jray21
01-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Just ate at all those restaurants this past week and I would go for Citrico's. It was the most elegant, and best tasting out of all of them. Very high class, and wonderful service. But look at the menus of each and see which ones seem better for your tastes.

Sunshine1010
01-19-2008, 06:05 PM
V&A is toooooo fancy for me. I've never been to Citrico's, ....

BUT....I've been to Narcoossee's (sp?) and it was better all the way around than the other restaurants I've been too:
....including The Artist Pointe and The California Grill.

Narcoossee's had a better and more romantic atmosphere BY FAR...

...in my humble opinion.

irish1967
01-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I've never been to Citricos or Narcossee's so no comment either way on those.

I ate at LeCellier last weekend - it wasn't bad, but definitely not what I expected based on the multiple rave reviews it receives here on Intercot (off night, perhaps?)

If I can throw out another suggestion - I was blown away by the food and service at Brown Derby last weekend.

Happy Anniversary!

Jimenyfan
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I've never been to Citricos or Narcossee's so no comment either way on those.

I ate at LeCellier last weekend - it wasn't bad, but definitely not what I expected based on the multiple rave reviews it receives here on Intercot (off night, perhaps?)

If I can throw out another suggestion - I was blown away by the food and service at Brown Derby last weekend.

Happy Anniversary!
I thank you for that, I wasn't giving much consideration to restaurants in the parks with the exception of LeCellier but that could be a whole new area to explore.

Natazu
01-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best 20th Anniversary Restaurants:
7. The Grand 1 Wishes Cruise with food from Narcoossee’s (a little pricey)
6. Le Cellier
5. Flying Fish
4. Citricos
3. Narcoossee’s
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Twinsowner
01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Narcoossees ......hands down in my opinion!!!! Much more romantic and we think better food than citricos. And much better service too! If you can make a later ressie and watch the fireworks. It is usually less crowded this time also.

Kairi_7378
01-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Other than for LeCellier, you should be fine to make ADR's for any of your choices. (Call soon, though!) I don't think you can go wrong with CA Grill or Narcoose's. The food and service is marvelous at Brown Derby but it can get a little rowdy in there at some times of the day. V&A's would be a good choice, too. Happy Anniversary.

lockedoutlogic
01-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Bistro de Paris, Victoria and Alberts, Yachtsmans

....no where with fireworks and cartoon voiceovers

rj
01-20-2008, 11:13 AM
Try Artist Point at WL. We plan on going this trip. The smoky mushroom soup is awesome.

Jimenyfan
01-23-2008, 06:30 PM
OK, well it boils down to DH and I being creatures of habit and our 20th anniversary dinner will be celebrated at the Cali Grill as was our 15th, can't believe how quickly 20 yrs has gone by. Thankfully I married young.:blush:

eridon
01-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Our favorite, which unfortunately is not on the meal plan, is the Portabella Yacht Club. We went there on our honeymoon in 1997 and it was the best meal we have eaten since. When the waiter came over he suggested right away we take our dessert to go and boy was he right. Don't know if it has changed since. By the way, happy anniversary. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
01-24-2008, 06:27 AM
California Grill or Narcoossee's just in time for Wishes!!

mrsgaribaldi
01-24-2008, 08:10 AM
We got an ADR for California Grill for Feb 8th just a week or 2 ago. I would try for it:mickey:Good luck and Happy Anniversary:cloud9:

Horizon93
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
DW and I have an ADR for Narcoossee's for our 15th later this year. And it is at 8:30.

We are already looking forward to our 20th, and we think we will go with V&A. We have never been there, but we think we need to go at least once!

KAT1811
01-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Happy Anniversary!!! Today is my anniversary. If DH and I were to celebrate it in WDW I would say that we would most likely visit one of the following restaurants:

California Grill

San Angel Inn (we'd request a table by the water and then stroll around the torch lit lagoon hand in hand and stop in France for some champagne)

Yactsman Steakhouse (then again head over to Epcot after dinner)

#1donaldfan
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Don't have any other suggestions....most have given you those....I just wanted to wish you a very happy anniversary.....ours will be 20 yrs in December ......:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
01-24-2008, 12:50 PM
I would recommend Narcoossee's. However, I also would put another vote in for the Portabella Yacht Club. It's one of the better kept secrets at Disney. You can have a wonderful romantic dinner outside on their deck overlooking the lake. We have gone there several times for a romantic dinner for two. The service, food, and atmosphere are excellent. Happy Anniversary!

lockedoutlogic
01-24-2008, 01:47 PM
California Grill or Narcoossee's just in time for Wishes!!

ROMANCE....not Tinkerbell....a little perspective is warranted

PinKy
01-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I would definitely try Victoria & Albert's if that is an option for you.

Otherwise, LeCellier is a wonderful choice and also, the San Angel restaurant in the Mexio pavillion is very romantic and the food is great too.

don't forget to get your "Anniversary Pins" from your resort or the Information desks in any of the parks!

Happy Anniversary!:party:

PinKy
01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
ROMANCE....not Tinkerbell....a little perspective is warranted

Oh, I dunno - DH and I find watching the fireworks from CA Grille to be very romantic indeed! Lots of atmosphere, a glass of wine, beautiful fireworks....... *shrugs* works for me.