PDA

View Full Version : Got a room but No ADR's!

RocknBev
01-19-2008, 04:08 PM
DH just said we could go to WDW the second weekend in February! :woohoo: I have us a room at the Dophin. I soooo wanted to eat at Le Cellier but they have NOTHING available the entire time I am there. :sob: Everytime we go to WDW, it is always last minute planning so Le Cellier is never available.
Does anyone other suggestions?
FYI: Forget BOMA....DH doesn't like it. Been there, done that....he complained. Called it a fancy Ryan's or Golden Corral. Whatever.:crazy:

NJ Camper
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Try lookin at the menu's to see if there is something that sounds good then try to make a reservation there Are you looking for dinner i'm guessing ? without adr's any place could be tough we have found that even in slower months without adr's at any place is becoming tough good luck and have a magical time

Erica9901
01-19-2008, 10:00 PM
I have had the same problem. We didn't book our last trip in advance and when I tried to make ADR's nothing was availble. I waited until I was there, called the restraunts the evening before and got R for the next day! We ended up getting pretty much what we wanted, although we weren't trying for the royal table or anything needing 2 credits - we got some good character meals though. Try calling last min and maybe someone's canceled!
Good Lunck
Erica

rj
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Ohanas, Kona Cafe, or Artist Point. You can't go wrong with any of those.

dolphinmickey9170
01-20-2008, 06:46 AM
Don't give up on the idea of LeCellier. You can always keep trying each day for an opening. Even the morning of, call WDW-DINE and see if there are any options. As well as try when you enter the park that day. Even walk up's can get seated sometimes. Don't give up hope. Keep trying!!:mickey:

Jillirose
01-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Keep calling - I have gotten reservations occassionally from cancellations. The other thing is to stop in and try - I think they sometimes keep some open for walk-ins.

NJ Camper
01-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree i would keep trying i have done the same you never know when someone will cancel i'm sure people book places then find better ressies and change them but want to hold them so they have something til they upgrade but you should keep trying it will not hurt and maybe you will have some luck have a magical time and good luck with your ADR's :mickey:

Natazu
01-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Jym's Top7 Best WDW Restaurants when Le Cellier is Booked and Your Husband Doesn't Like Boma:
7. Il Mulino
6. Narcoossee’s
5. Kona Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Flying Fish Café
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

If you're on the Dining Plan, take away Vicky's and Il Mulino and add Grand Floridian Cafe and 'Ohana.

RocknBev
01-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Well I now have ADR's for
California Grill (by suggestion of Natazua) as well as many other Intercot fans. It was also featured on the Travel Channel yesterday!
I have also made ADR's for Rose and Crown (DH's favorite) and Chefs de France. I will keep trying for Le Cellier at many of your suggestions.
Thanks everyone for your help!

dteed
01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
When we wanted ADRs and couldn't get what we wanted we went to guest services at the resort and they were able to get us what we wanted. We met up with some friends in the line at Splash Mtn and wanted to go to dinner that night together. I called from line and was unable to get anything, but at the hotel I was able to get exactly what we wanted. Try guest services.

May524
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Since you are staying in the Epcot area, you should try out Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk...it is delicious!!!!!!! :D

TBY2225
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Don't give up! I just posted about how we got Le Cellier ressies 30 minutes before we wanted to eat this past Sunday! I think they must either save some to the last minute or they have some last minute cancellations! Dreams do come true! :cloud9:

KAT1811
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
We LOVE the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary Resort. I had the best meal of my entire trip there (better than Le Cellier). I had a fabulous braised shortrib served over polenta, absolutly to die for. I'd go back just for that meal alone!

MOJoe
01-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Since you are at the Dolphin, you might try eating right there at Bluezoo. The seafood is very, very good. And they have excellent cocktails. :marg:
I would also try Spoodles on the Boardwalk. Again, very good.