PDA

View Full Version : How busy will the last week of May be?

deebee29
01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
We'll be in Disney from May 24-31. Some of my days I have picked for each park are the busy days for that park. Should I try to change everything, or is the end of May not too crazy? Looking for experiences, I am second-guessing myself!

Tygger7
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Don't worry....May is a great time to go. We went the week before Memorial Day in 2006, and crowds were not bad at all, even with Star Wars Weekends going on. We're going May 11-21st this year, and love this time of year.

deebee29
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Even if we will be there for part of Memorial day weekend?

Tink#64
01-20-2008, 01:13 AM
We visited about that time in 2006. Previously, we had always gone a week earlier. We arrived on the Saturday of weekend before the holiday weekend. It was noticeably more crowded! It wasn't bad, but definitely more people, we heard many say that their kids were already out of school or that it was their last week so they took them out. (Ours missed a week of school, but still had a week left when we got home) The crowds weren't bad until Friday of the holiday weekend. That was the first time I'd ever seen the pools at the resort crowded! The food court was packed and people - people - people everywhere! But not a problem, we did all the parks earlier in the week and when it got crowded we did things like DQ, another day at MGM for the Star Wars weekend, putt putt, etc. It really worked out great. A little planning you shouldn't have any problems! I'd rather be at WDW in a crowd than not at all! :mickey:

rj
01-20-2008, 09:52 AM
We went several years ago and it was not too bad. Most schools have not finished for summer vacation.

You should be ok.

thejens
01-20-2008, 11:10 PM
I've only been to WDW during April Spring Break and the last week of May so I don't have much to compare crowds to, but if you arrive at the parks at opening and prioritize the most popular rides first and use fast pass you'll be fine. We had ADRs also. We didn't mind the crowds at all and were able to do everything we wanted to.

kadesha
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
We were there last May 19-26. The crowds were not bad at all!

Alpha Jeanie
01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
We were there May 25-31, 2006 and plan to go again this year May 25-31, 2008. The crowds were not bad at all. We did not wait in line more than 15 minutes for anything, including, buses, rides and food. Make sure that you have made ADR's for any sit down restaurants. We did avoid Magic kingdom on the Saturday & Sunday of Memorial Weekend though.
My sons birthday is on the 29th, so we always try to go that week. You will have a great time.
:mickey:

deebee29
01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
My birthday is on the 29th as well! We'll be in MK for the day!:mickey::thumbsup:

Here we go again...
01-23-2008, 08:40 AM
We have been there the week before Memorial Day weekend. It was not bad at all. We did not even realize it was a holiday when we booked so we were very worried about crowds when we figured it out.
We went through the same thing... do we change parks, change ADRs? We decided to go with the flow. Get park hoppers and if a park got too busy just leave and go somewhere else. It ended up being a great week. The crowds did not really come in until the end of the week.