PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren strollers/ Big 4 yr old?

BelleEdenMom
01-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Going to Disney next month, my 4 yr old is 44" tall and weighs about 40 lbs or so. I am looking at differant lightweight strollers to take.

I am currently interested in the Maclaren Volo stroller, the 2007 models seem to come with the sunshade and some with a rain cover. Any how, will my dd fit comfortably? Will I be comfy pushing it? I'm only 5 feet tall but I HATE regular umbrella strollers, to short even for me....:cool:

tinklover
01-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I would just suggest renting one while there for how ever many days you are going to be in the parks. it is cheaper to do it that way then to rent daily and they are pretty big so she will be comfy and then you don;t have to lug a stroller onto busses and what not.

BigRedDad
01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
We bought the MacLaren Techno XLR. It is slight bigger and heavier. They are very good strollers. The 2008 Volo is rated to 55lbs, so I think she will be fine it. Our daughter loves riding in hers.

BelleEdenMom
01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
hey tink...

my first thought was to just rent one, but we will be all over Orlando, DTD, the Boardwalk, the airport, possibly a jaunt to Tampa. I want to be able to just strap her in and go and not worry about tiny feet. Plus, the rental seats are hard, and I don't want whining.

The Volo only weighs about 9 lbs, so not concerned about lugging it around

tinklover
01-19-2008, 04:48 PM
understood. we rented a double one for our 2 DD's and they had no probs woth the seats being hard they were just happy they did not have to walk.

llqool
01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
We have a Maclaren Triumph and we love it. Our 5 yr old still fits in it and she and her 2 yr old sister fight over who gets the Maclaren and who gets the Chicco! We took a big heavy Graco double stroller to WDW last time as well as the Maclaren, and ended up taking the Maclaren to most places...

tiaramom
01-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey the mc clarens are awesome!
The Triumph is great- we have it.
I have tried practically every stroller in Disney.
lol...
Graco- what a heavy monster this was
though is durable- and great for little new borns.

Chicco - terrible.. my daughter has always been tall- ( petite- but tall) horrible stroller, worse than a doll stroller. stay away!

Peg perego_
horrible wheels and steering-
yuk!

the mc claren are perfect.
they work for 1.5 -3 yrs. for us so far...
comfortable ( say my toddler)
and the leg room is ok- but so much better than any other unbrella stroller.
my stroller was alot $ 275
crazy?????
but its worth it.
I take it to the malls- all over town on terrible roads, to NYC, all about Disney, and it still is standing- and looks new too. and its bubble
gum pink too...
wow

sleepingbooty
01-19-2008, 06:16 PM
I love my Maclaren Volo for the exact reason you mentioned: the handles are way taller than an average umbrella stroller. Very comfortable to push, and I'm 5'7!

BelleEdenMom
01-19-2008, 09:15 PM
well, I braved the -2 degrees outside and went to Babies'R'us.......We trired the stroller, it was perfect, light and airy, my kid fit great even all bundled up in layers and layers of arctic gear (ala A Christmas Story) . It seems easy to clean and the dd loved it. I made her sit in like 15 strollers, it was her favorite as long as she can order it in pink:thumbsup:

I think we have a winner! I really don't mind spending $100 on something that is sturdy and will last a while!

1EeyoreFan
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
I just bought the Volvo model at our local Target. DD is almost 3 and 30 lbs. I love this stroller. It is lightweight and turns on a dime. The only downfall is it does not recline and when it folds the wheels rub on the shade getting it dirty. I started putting a plastic bag over the wheels to stop the dirt from getting on the shade.Oh...one thing I do miss is the drink holder. Overall its a great find and was on sale for $68. You may check your local Target for current sales. We just happened to luck up on this one.

llqool
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
you can buy a Maclaren Universal Organizer to go on the back of the stroller -- it's made out of neoprene and folds with the stroller. you can put two drinks in it and lots of stuff in the mesh bag underneath. But it's best for water bottles (and not Starbuck's cups!) and be careful about overloading it -- when the child gets out, the stroller can flip backward.

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Has anyone tried the Disney strollers the umbrella ones that look like Pooh characters?