PDA

View Full Version : AbeeNormal's Amazing WDW & DCL Report - WDW Day One

AbeeNormal
01-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey there all........ What a great time!!!!

Cast:

Me - AbeeNormal - AKA Chris (soon to be Forty:thumbsup:)
Jeff - AKA DH 37 now:mickey:
Jack - AKA DS Age 7 :mickey3:
Jones - AKA DS Age 6:mickey3:
Abee's Mom AKA Lee - Age is a # & hers isn't listed
MIL - AKA Mary (Cruise Only)
FIL - AKA Jon( Cruise Only)

Day 1 (Actually Night 1) - WDW - Poly - Arrived at the hotel at 6:30pm.

The hotel was absolutely beautiful. We definitly felt that staying at a deluxe was well worth it. Close your eyes and imagine being at the most exotic place in the world - That was what the Poly felt like.

All I can say folks is burrr:freeze: It was very cold the night we arrived. We had 8ish res. at CRT - The experience was fun - The food was mediocre - The service was unbelievably bad.

After we were seated all of the tables around us were seated and no one ever came to our table, others were getting food and we were just sitting there we finally said something and for the rest of the night we felt so uncomfortable, when our server called my mom & I princess we felt rediculous & not special at all because of our servers tone. We also waited almost an hour for our table. Can't say we will be doing that again however, it was a beautiful setting and other people around us really seemed to enjoy the evening.

Overall the experience seemed to us like a bit of a cattle call.

After Dinner we were leaving the castle and were told to wait in the outdoor hall that goes under the castle - We weren't allowed to go out either way - they had just had a fireworks show and apparently one of the shells didn't go off and they needed to find it, which we totally understand but in the meantime we froze, and immediatly went back to the hotel. The weather channel said it was 44 degrees. Funny enough we only went on the carousal (sp?).

The castle was amazing at night and the shops we saw on our way out were crammed due to the cold. But it was still a great time and more to come.

Sorry for the Delay the Cruise Posts Have Started in DCL Section

ElenitaB
01-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Ooh, I've been waiting for your trip report!

Sorry you didn't have a magical time at CRT. We've been for lunch and to tell the truth, the only meals we've enjoyed there were breakfasts. But it truly is an amazing venue...

So when do we cruise? ;)

HndrdPrcnt
01-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Well, so you finally took the much anticipated trip to WDW!!! How exciting and I am so glad that I came to Intercot to find your trip reports. I can't wait to read on. I am sorry that your first day was not all that you had hoped it to be. Hopefully it gets better from here!!

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Sorry to hear about CRT. We prefer breakfast there, but the atmosphere at night is always fun. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more!!!:mickey:

RedheadWriter
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
The weather channel said it was 44 degrees.

That is cold! I always comment that 44 in Orlando area feels like our 30s here in RI. There is a different quality to the cold. 44 here is mild to us, but freezing at WDW!
I am liking the reports so far...off to read more! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
01-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry to hear that your CRT experience was so awful! I do agree with Ellen though, that breakfast was much better than lunch!

Bethis26fan
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry your dinner wasn't great. I hope the rest of your trip is great.

pdrlkr
01-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MauiMouse
01-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Awe I'm sorry that your dinner wasn't up to par. I'm eating back here in April after a 3 year absence.

Hair_Razor
01-21-2008, 12:32 AM
I've been waiting to read your reports, sorry about the yucky start hope things turned around!

ChipnDaleGal
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM
I am sorry that your dinner was so disappointing. If not for the amazing location and the princesses it is hard to understand why that place is still so sold out. But I am glad that you arrived safely and loved the Poly so much. Looking forward to reading more. :mickey:

McGoofy
01-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Yea!! You posted. I've been keeping an eye out for your reports. You've always had such sweet comments to my posts. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!:mickey:

KylesMom
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm sorry for your experience at CRT - we had a similar experience for my 39th birthday dinner, and we have not returned since.

Notwithstanding, hopefully the weather will break and you'll be in for a magical time - can't wait to read more!:mickey:

faline
01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
We haven't eaten there since they changed to the character format for all meals. It used to be one of our favorite places to lunch. Sorry it was a disappointment!

AbeeNormal
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful comments, I am so glad to be able to return the favor to all of you. I've learned so much from all of your trips and that's what really made this so special for us.

Mcgoofy - That meant so much coming from such a great family - Thank you

HndrdPrcnt - Thanks for all of your gracious guidance and advise. It meant a lot to us, and we thought of you often with the storm we had.

Elenita B. - We're crusing again in 2009 - Meet you there.

ChipnDaleGal - Thanks again for all of your amazing advice.

Readheadedwriter - The nights stayed cold but each day did get a little warmer, so all in all it was still a great trip.

Faline - I hate to say it but I sure can see why!!!

Mauimouse - I wish you all the luck that you get the best server around - you'll at least get to enjoy the atmosphere if nothing else.

Kylesmom - It's amazing how many bad stories you hear about this place you'd think they'd do something, but this seems to go years back.

Hair_Razor - No worries, it was still a great time and Cinderella called my DS & handsome and he still talks about it - That pretty much makes is all Ok.

DolphinMickey9170 - I'm really glad to hear at least one of them is good - Thanks!!

Beachclubbabe,bethis26fan,pdrlkr - Thanks so much for reading!!!

pogo
01-24-2008, 07:23 AM
The Poly is one of our favorite places on earth. :cloud9:

We felt as though we were in Hawaii while we stayed there. And it is so easy to get to every place else in the world.:mickey:

I'm looking forward to reading more. :D