PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading Dining Plan

ljv1975
01-18-2008, 10:46 PM
We have the deluxe dining for March. The more I think about it, I just don't think we will need so much food. If I call to downgrade to the regular dining plan or decide to cancel dining all together and pay out of pocket, will I be penalized at all? Will they just issue a credit to my credit card?

Also, I have CRT ADR's and since I was on dining they just took my CC # to hold my ressie. If I cancel dining all together will I need to then call Disney Dining and have them charge the meals to me now or will I just pay when we arrive for our meal? Thanks.

Pirate Granny
01-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Be careful...if you have a package i'm not sure if you can change if it's within the 45 day window...Never got the dining plan, so I'm not sure...going for free-bounce back dining in September...I'd call disney tomorrow and check.
:pirate:

azdisneymom
01-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I think they do charge a fee to downgrade a package within 45 days of arrival no matter the reason - changing resort, dining plan or even taking advantage of a discount. I don't think you need to cancel your ressies if you plan on keeping them even if you decide to pay out of pocket. They will ask you if you are on the dining plan or not when you arrive at the restaraunt. I don't think they really care either way, just want to know how to ring up your meal.

SBETigg
01-19-2008, 01:44 PM
As far as I know, you can change the dining option of your package with no problems or penalties and they will credit you the dfference. In the past, we opted not to use the DP when we booked, but we were told that we could add it any time up until the week before travel with no trouble or extra fees at all. This was before the Deluxe DP, though, so not sure if rules changed since then-- but it was considered an optional part of the package deal and was more easily changed than the rest. And I don't think it will effect your current ADRs. Call and ask WDW.

azdisneymom
01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
I think you can upgrade or add to a package anytime without penalty. If you downgrade (reduce the price your package somehow) within 45 days there usually is some sort of penalty.