PDA

View Full Version : Help--planning what days to visit which parrks

junedis
01-18-2008, 09:41 PM
We are planning our trip June 15-22. Since it is going to be hot and crowded, I'm trying to plan the best I can. Having used the Unofficial Guides suggested days I came up with the following skeletal plan. I'd appreciate any and all input, suggestions or advice on anything I can do to tweak the plans a bit.

*We are staying at WL
*we have park hopper
*my kids are late risers but also nighthawks!

Sunday ---June 15----
arrive in afternoon, settle in,
dinner at Whisp. Canyon at 5:00,
go to Magic Kingdom for evening emh

Monday---June 16-----Epcot
dinner - Coral Reef - 7:00

Tuesday---June 17----Dis. Studios
Dinner Mama Melrose for Fantasmic

Wednesday ---June 18---MK
11:00 am BBBoutique (at castle)
1:00 lunch at Cinderellas
8:00 dinner Liberty Town Tavern

Thursday---June 19--
Animal Kingdom and DS
8:00 dinner 50's prime time cafe
Hubbies and my 15th anniversary!!!

Friday ---June 20 ---Dis. Studios
8:00 Sci Fi DIner
MK for evening EMH

Saturday ---June 21---kids choice
Chef Mickeys

Thank you so much for any input!!!:mickey:

Pipalotta
01-18-2008, 10:30 PM
I have never been during that time of year but we just returned from wdw and this was what we did:

Sunday-Animal Kingdom
Monday- Epcot
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom
Wednesday- Hollywood Studios
Thursday- Epcot (Hopped to MK to see Spectro)
Friday - Magic Kingdom, then hopped to DHS and then finished the day at Epcot

cruellalvr
01-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I am in the planning stage (June 12-18) and according to Passporter's...they recommend you stay away from Magic Kingdom for the weekends. Also, Star Wars weekends :darth::trooper::yoda:are going to be ongoing for the month of June so if there is a member of your family that would appreciate it, Hollywood Studios for one of the weekend days might be good. If no one would be interested though, you might want to stay away from both parks for the weekend and high tale it to Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Not that I am doing that. I can't imagine not taking my nieces to Magic Kingdom on the first day we are there since this will be their first trip ever!!! I can't wait to see their faces!!! But hey, you might be smarter than I am...hehehe

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-18-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it looks great... parks spread out. I sorta agree with the stay away from MK on weekends thing, but for just the evening and for EMH, it probably won't be too bad... I dunno for sure though.

Good luck planning the rest of your trip!

chick20679
01-19-2008, 11:43 AM
:wave: I'm guessing you & your family really love Disney Studios, as you seem to have alot of time planned there. :thumbsup:
Although I've never been that time of year, (I'd never last in the heat!) you're plan looks pretty great to me, and your dinner choices look wonderful too!
Have a great trip and a happy anniversary! :pixie:

DreamFinder2
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
It's not listed in your plan, but I'd make sure you plan some "nap" time back at WL on at least a couple of your days. From your schedule, it looks like you plan to spend ALL DAY in each park...ouch! I'd strongly suggest a quick (1-2 hour) retreat back to WL for some R&R. Especially if you're planning to stay out a little later, and since you have several evening ADRs it'd be nice to clean up a little before meal time.

And yes, it will be HOT. We've been several times during the first part of June and...whoa...very toasty! Even more of a reason to plan some down-time.

No matter how you do it...HAVE FUN!!! :D

ChrisF
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree with Dreamfinder....R&R is a must in the hot months I was there in June 2005 and it was really hot. If you can swing it add the water parks to your tickets. The kids in our group had a blast! and it was their first time to WDW. :diver:
Drink lots of water, and if you can find them before you go get the water bottles with the misters on them, something that has a strap you can carry around your neck.

Have fun.:party:

Janmac
01-19-2008, 01:54 PM
We visited WDW in June of 2004, planning to sleep later (we usually do rope drop in the mornings) and tour the parks later in the evenings. Three of our grandkids were with us and being teens at the time, were happy to sleep later and stay up later. We had 2 E-ticket nights planned.

The E-ticket nights worked out fairly well, but most of our early evening touring was a literal washout. We encountered long thunderstorms almost every late afternoon/evening, instead of the 30 minute showers we were expecting. The thunderstorms closed some of the rides were were hoping to experience. The stores were crushed with folks getting in out of the rain.

We had come with ponchos but the length of the storms really put a damper on our touring. That and some attractions being closed.

We will probably not visit in June again. Even tho the storms moved out and we were able to utilize our E-ticket nights well (E-ticket has been replaced by EMH evenings) we have abandoned the later touring approach and have gone back to being at the park at rope drop. We visit our resort in the afternoon for a swim and tour again in late afternoon/early evening.

I hope that your touring plans work for you as it sounds as tho you've done some good homework. Hopefully the afternoon showers will be brief - bring ponchos! And please be sure to write a trip report when you get back home.

Jan

junedis
01-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so excited about the trip but anxious about weather and crowds during June. If I could go at any other "off" season time I would, but being a teacher that's not possible. So---I truly appreciate the feedback and advise so that I can make planning as workable as possible.
:teach: