PDA

View Full Version : Adding on a day

ljv1975
01-18-2008, 07:07 PM
I would like to add a day of park admission to our current package. I have numerous questions about this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

First, if I add another day will they just charge us the difference between the 4 day and 5 day ticket package? We bookd with the free park hopper, water park, etc. deal.

Secondly, I want this extra day to be at the begining of out trip. We are also on the dining plan. I don't really want to add another day of dining, but I know you have to buy the plan for each night of your package. If we stay at a hotel off property the first night will I be able to add the tickets but not the dining? How will I be able to get the key to the world card so that I may be able to go to the parks that first day?:confused::confused::confused:

If I stay at a different resort on property that first day I will probably still need to add the dining I'm guessing. I hope this isn't too confusing. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me sort this whole thing out!

MMouse6937
01-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Let me see if I can help. You should just have to pay the for the extra day. Just instead of a 5 day ticket, it's a 6 day ticket. If you look on Disney's site you can see the difference in the day prices. As far as staying off property for the first night you would probably have to either buy a one day, one park ticket, or a one day magic your way ticket seperately, I don't think there would be any way to add that on to the front of the package. You can buy MYW tickets for any amount of days up to 10 days but I think once it's part of the package with dining, it's tied to your resort.

I hope that was helpful, I'm sure someone else will come along that has some more information too. Have fun!

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
So, it sounds like you are arriving a day earlier than your package is planned for. If that is the case, you won't be able to get your tickets until the day you check in on your package as the tickets are part of that package.

Staying at a different resort for that first night would require a completely separate reservation.

Adding a night on to the beginning of your current reservation might cause you to lose your existing deal.

E-OR
01-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Yesturday I went to make flight reservations and found that we are having to fly down a day earlier (isn't that a shame - ha ha) than when our package starts. Rather than change our package and pay extra money for dining and a moderate we are going to spend the first night at Pop Century, a resort we have been curious about and spend the day resting. We are taking a red eye flight down and we may need the day to recharge. We might go to DD or to the Boardwalk, lay by the pool at the resort. It will be fun to just spend a day doing nothing. We also have some old tickets that have a couple days left on them. We had upgraded them to the no-experation when we purchased them.

DANAM
01-21-2008, 05:32 PM
We where in Disney a couple of years ago (May 2006) and tried to add 2 days to our trip and we wanted the dinning plan also. They told us we could add the days but we needed 48 hours notice to add the dining plan. I doubt you want to wait til the day before just to get out of paying for the extra day of dining but that is one way of doing it.
I think the best thing to do is what has already been suggested stay one night at a value resort and do a room only reservation.