PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Cape May for Dinner !

GINNY69
01-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me there opinions on Cape May. I am going there for dinner and I am very excited. I love seafood and being from New England I know the seafood will not be the same as what I get here but I was just curious as to people's dining experience..

thanks

Donald A
01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
I am NOT a seafood fan, so I was not as impressed. However, many in my party loved it when we ate there a couple weeks ago. The buffet is also very crowded and they only had one central location in the middle of the restaurant, but crowded usually means good food, right? ;)

Since I am not a seafood lover I am not sure what the seafood opinions were, but once again, I know the seafood lovers in my group were pleased. I am sure you can find a menu online, perhaps even here at intercot.

PoohsGang
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
We stay at our home resort which happens to be the BCV's & we eat there very often. They have soups to choose from (one is clam chowder), salad bar, little neck steamers (a lot smaller than what we get here in New England), mussels (very good), corn on the cob, carving station, cornbread, ribs, roasted chicken, vegetables, dessert table. We have the DDE card and we have a good meal for around 40.00 total. What a bargain!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sassafras
01-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Cape May is always the "official" start of our vacation (at least for DH). I can honestly say we've never had a bad meal there or bad service! Love the peel and eat shrimp!

Jared
01-18-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not from Massachusetts, but I do spend my summers on Martha's Vineyard, so I've had a lot of traditional New England seafood in my life. I definitely am not an expert, but I think my opinion is somewhat worthwhile.

My family loves dinner at Cape May Cafe, including the chowder and other clambake menu items. No, it's not the great stuff you'll find on Cape Cod, but I don't think even the most ardent New Englander would be disappointed by the meal.

I've eaten dinner at Cape May Cafe two or three times and definitely will return.

:tasty:

pox24
01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
A great meal!:thumbsup:

Shugoondola
01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I haven't eaten at Cape May Cafe in two or three years due to timing, but it has always been a favorite of mine. I hope it's still as good as I remember it to be.

:mickey:

DANAM
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I LOVE SEAFOOD but I am from New Orleans and we don't eat alot of clams or mussels down here. I read on several menus about shrimp and other seafood but I didn't see any of those other things on the buffet. The did have some sad looking boiled shrimp by the salads but if you are used to the good stuff you wouldn't like it. In short if you don't like clams and mussel's don't go!!! If you do this is where you would want to be.

I will also add I have been here 2 times once for breakfast and once for dinner, and I have waited over an hour at breakfast and 45 minutes at dinner for my table with ADR.

Hull-onian
01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
We are going to Cape May for the first time ever in April. The revues are great, I am looking forward to it.:eat:

AdventurerKim
01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
I love the Cape May! We got for Thanksgiving every year! I've never had a bad meal there in 5+ years. Love the clams!! The shrimp are ok, but I'm spoiled by LA seafood. The oreo dessert is perfection! :thumbsup: