PDA

View Full Version : Guide books?

BouncingTigger
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't know if this is allowed or not, so I wanted to check here first.

I bought an Unofficial Guide book to WDW and used the touring plans in it. I was wondering what other people thought of those touring plans since the book claims to save at least 3 hours waiting in line by using the touring plans. Is that okay to discuss on this site?

If not, I understand. If it's not okay to discuss here, do you know of a site or forum that I can discuss it in?

Thanks!

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 05:58 PM
I guess you can discuss it since they only moved your post.

I have the 2007 Version, and it didn't really help, but I just read the descriptions of the rides, and Behind the Scenes Facts. Did it save you any time? :mickey:

BouncingTigger
01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I also have the 2007 version and used the plans last week at WDW. I didn't follow them as closely as I was planning to (it just wasn't realistic to follow it exactly!) but I did like having the plans even if I just used them as guidelines since it was my first time at WDW.

I tended to follow them closely at the beginning of the day and they seemed to work. As the day progressed, it was harder to stick with them because of meals, snacks, shows/parades, etc. Also, the FASTPASS return times sometimes threw things off. Sometimes, especially later in the day, we'd go on a ride if we saw it had a short line even if it wasn't in the touring plan.

A problem I had with the touring plans is that it only accounted for riding each ride once, so it wasn't really helpful when I wanted to ride my faves again. Of course, I can understand that would be impossible for them to incorporate since everyone has different favorite rides!

Overall, I'm very glad I got the book because it gave so much info on the rides, parks, and hotels. Also gave tips on the best spots for viewing nighttime shows and estimated how early we should get to those shows to get a good spot. I liked having it for my first trip, but I probably won't get another one for future trips.

Edited to add: I don't know if it really saved much time since it was my first trip to WDW (nothing to compare it to) and we also went in the off season when there aren't massive crowds anyway.