PDA

View Full Version : January 2008 Trip Question

shan1021
01-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Hi guys, I've been to Disney World 15 times already (I'm 18) so i know everything about Disney basically, but i never went in January before, and me and my boyfriend are going in 9 days. (Jan 27th-Feb 1st)
I know it has been posted before, but i just wanna know what is good to pack but most importantly how the crowds are and how were your experiences.
Thanks so much if you could reply!

:pooh:

AllDisney
01-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Be sure to bring sweaters & turtle necks as the weather CAN get pretty cold. However, pack the shorts too!

One year we arrived and the temps were in the mid 80's, but, by the end of the week the temps were in the mid 60's during the day. The evenings got chilly so the turtle neck was a very welcomed addition to our clothing attire. Dress in layers and you'll be just fine.

The crowds, when we were there, were very low. I think the longest wait we had was 30 minutes but most of the time 10 minute or less wait time.

Have a great trip:mickey:

shan1021
01-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Thank you alldisney for your imput, it was very helpful-- and i'll have a lot of fun, thanks! :minnie2:

Jenemmy
01-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi -- I just got back last night and can tell you that we had NO need for shorts!! We had one day that was downright C-O-L-D and we all had on jeans, long sleeve shirts with sweatshirts on over them. The next day, I wore capris and a short sleeve shirt and was comfortable. I kept a jacket with me at all times.

Just check out a forecast before you pack....Storm Chaser posts weather reports here daily that really helped me and you can always go to the weather channels web site. Have fun!

chick20679
01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
We have vacationed in WDW this time of year many times and have always found that while it warms up a bit during the day, it's still not really very WARM.

We always layer, layer, LAYER! A jacket will probably be needed for the mornings and definitely for the evenings when you're out sitting by the World Showcase Lagoon waiting for Illuminations to start. Trust me.

I think you should pack stuff with the plan for the high temps (during the day) to be in the mid 60's. If that seems cold to you, plan accordingly. The lows at night time will probably be in the 40's!!
But, like I said, just bring a jacket/coat that you can tie around your waist or put in a backback if it warms up enough to go without it. But you probably won't need to pack very many shorts. Capris/pants/jeans would be the way to go I think. IMO.
Hope this helps! :mickey: Have fun!

shan1021
01-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Thank you both for that, it's was very helpful-- just how wwere the crowds? :mickey:

chick20679
01-19-2008, 11:12 AM
We have always had really good luck with no crowds this time of year. Hardly a wait for anything, in our experience.
Here's to hoping that's the case this year, as we'll be there just after you (Feb 1 to 5)! :beer:

shan1021
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
That's great! Thanks. Hopefully it will be like that when I go down, and you too! Have a great time, let me know how your trip goes. :party: