PDA

View Full Version : Best Spot To Watch Parades

Airblue1
01-18-2008, 12:53 PM
What spots in the parks do you recommend to watch the various parades offered at the Disney World Resorts?

Bri
01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
I have never seen the parades at MGM or Animal Kingdom but I have seen the parades in MK. For the spectromagic parade, I would say to sit close to the corner at the end of Main Street, the parade starts at the bottom of Main Street and goes up towards the castle. Like if you are walking into MK, it's right where Main Street comes together. Also, if you are walking up Main Street to the castle, sit on the corner on the left side of the street. As the floats come around the circle, they will be facing you. I hope you understand that explination. For the afternoon parade, really anywhere on Main Street on the curb is good.

NJMan66
01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Here is where I go for each park parade:

MK - Near the Hall of Presidents.
AK - Near the entrance to Africa.
HWS (MGM) - At the ATAS Hall of Fame Plaza

I found these places to be the least "stressful" of locations to set up shop and watch the parades.

JMTStone
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
MK - Frontierland
AK - The walkway down from Everest

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
These are the two I thought we had good spots for

AK-across from the fruit market in Africa
MK Spectro Magic-Atop the train platform

Polynesian Dweller
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
MK - our favorite spot is at the Emporium corner for Spectromagic
HWS(MGM)- Backlot Express, great view where the parade starts

joanna71985
01-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Here are my parade spots:
MK- next to Barber Shop for both
AK- across from KS
MGM- across from Star Tours

phillydan
01-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Spectromagic is great from Hall of Presidents - especially in the summer when it is hot -> the doors are open and the A/C is blowing out on you. Get there at least 45 min before - we usually stake out our spot as soon as they strat setting up the ropes. 2nd choice is the train platform.

The Dreams parade at 3:00 is pretty good from the flag pole area just in front of the train station. The parade is coming from the castle and everyone is on that side of the circle. If you face the train station, the parade wraps around a you have a perfect view.