PDA

View Full Version : The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Thank You

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Cast:
Me-43 Happy Traveler
DH-40 New Happy Traveler

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your very kind posts and comments on my recent trip report. I know I tend to wander off subject, and you all put up with my ramblings quite well.

My typos were plentiful. My grammer was questionable at best. But let me tell you, did I have fun writing it.

If I could figure out how to get paid for travelling, I'd never sleep in my own bed again. I pretend in the recesses of my mind, that I could write for a living. I know better, but one can dream, right? I love to travel. Anywhere. Even DH is coming around to my way of thinking. Before he met me, he'd taken one vacation in his entire life. We don't sit still these days. If we aren't working, we are going somewhere.

I loved reliving this Disney trip. I tried writing a trip report once before, but since I was the only one who found myself funny, I gave up. I didn't want folks to waste time on my ramblings! Need to be engaging!

Thank you once again for all your kind thoughts and posts. You are great bunch, and I promise to stop LURKING on these boards and start posting. You can see I've been a member since 2003, and only have like 39 posts. I'll tell you though, I read it every day. Those eyes you've all felt on the backs of your heads have been mine.

Thanks to all of you who keep me coming back to these boards every day. You keep me sane until my next trek. Bless you all.

Karen

pogo
01-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks again for sharing your trip, your thoughts, your humor and your dreams with us.

:cloud9:

It's been a blast ! :yes:

So you love to travel and love to write ! Why don't you try writing travel reviews and get the best of both worlds. :confused:

We've got to party together sometime ! :D

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Maybe you can talk DH into a May or Aug trip. This way we can get together and have twice the fun! Hopefully we can catch up with you at some mini meet some day! Thank you again for your great writing. I agree with the previous poster, become a travel writing reviewer.

How 'bout them pix?:mickey:

MizMissy
01-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Thank You for your reports! They were an absolute delight to read. And, it sounds like you have a Disney convert on your hands!

SBETigg
01-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Karen, if you want to write for a living, go for it. I don't know much about breaking into travel writing, but a little research into the field and you could be on your way. I believe in following your passion. Look into it. It may not be as far-fetched as you think.

Jeff
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I enjoyed your reports.
One question: out of all the beer choices around the WS your husband couldn't find one he liked?????

DisneyBarb
01-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Next time you need to go away longer so you can post more reports! They were great!

No beer at the United Kingdom he liked?

Hope you go back next year!

DakandZakMom
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Karen,

I too am a "lurker" but I had to tell you how much I truly enjoyed your trip reports. Thanks for posting!! :)

SBETigg
01-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I enjoyed your reports.
One question: out of all the beer choices around the WS your husband couldn't find one he liked?????

My thought as well. I can definitely understand not being a Bud or Miller fan, but what kind of beer does he like outside of Disney? Is he a microbrew fan? An ale fan? We love the UK.

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, after the title of these reports, you'd have think I'd thought of mentioning the "beer" issue. Duh! Brain meltdown.

First thing to tell you. I am not a beer drinker. At all. I think if I totalled up all the beers I've had in my life, I could count them all on 2 hands. And I'm old! So, while I cannot tell you WHY he didn't like any of the beer offerings, I can tell you he found nothing, not one beer, that he would choose, over his favorite, Miller Genuine Draft. That is the only beer he enjoys. He's been forced into Sam Adams once or twice, and while mildly palatable to him, a very distant second choice. I've seen him drink Miller Lite, ONLY when there is no MGD. And he complains, loudly, while doing so. I cannot comment on smooth, sweet, bitter, light, dark, heavy, bulging, belching or any other adjectives towards beer. I just simply do not know. I only know he opted for a diet Coke more often than getting beer. Which is the only reason he agreed to go along in the first place.

I am choosing NOT to inform him of the fact that you can get MGD at Universal.

Karen

MOJoe
01-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah, and in my next life i want to come back as Samantha Brown too.

Zippy 1
01-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Thank you so much for the enjoyable reports. I can tell you had fun writing them. I am glad you had a good trip and am sorry to see the reports come to an end. I glad your DH has come over to DW side and enjoyed himself.:mickey: Hope he is feeling better!

T-Belle
01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks again for the great reports. It's been such fun. I feel like I've made another Intercot friend! You know, we're all a little(Disney) crazy!!!

Jimenyfan
01-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I thought your trip reports were great, I had a good laugh everytime I read one. I find you to be a very good writer.:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
01-18-2008, 06:25 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad you made another Disney convert. Stay warm this weekend. Going to a frosty one here in the upper Midwest.

BMan62
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, and in my next life i want to come back as Samantha Brown too.

I want to be Samantha Brown's husband - all of the bonuses of travel without the hassles of looking good for the camera!!! (And you get to be with her to boot!!) :blush:

tinkerbell04
01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Karen,
Thank you for sharing. I think that you should definitely think about travel writing, your witty comments would definetly keep people reading!

PS...I wouldn't tell him about MGD either! Next time, place a Garden Grocer order and have some of his beer delivered to the room!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us, your writing style was very entertaining.

RedheadWriter
01-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Karen, if you want to write for a living, go for it. I don't know much about breaking into travel writing, but a little research into the field and you could be on your way. I believe in following your passion. Look into it. It may not be as far-fetched as you think.

I second Sherri's comment! :number1:

pdrlkr
01-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

willowpondarabians
01-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Karen, I am just like you - I read these posts just about everyday, but hardly ever leave a post back, until yours! I SOOOOOOO enjoyed your trip reports, and have even gone back and read them a second time. That's how much I enjoyed them! I have a friend in San Diego who visits restaurants and writes reviews about them in the paper. She got that job just by sending the paper one of her earlier reviews. You should do the same thing! Print out your report and send it out to different travel companies! Even the Travel Channel. We all love Samatha Brown, but she's been out there a while. It's time for a change! :cheer:

c&d
01-22-2008, 10:29 AM
What great trip reports. I enjoyed reading them very much. I'm happy to see you were able to "convert" DH.

faline
01-23-2008, 12:41 PM
From your title, I would have guessed that your husband like to sample multiple beers. I would never have guessed that he truly only enjoys one kind of beer! Pretty funny!