PDA

View Full Version : Solo trip in the planning

Goofeygal
01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Has anyone ever done a trip to WDW alone? If so how was it. I am going in May alone and am just wondering if it is worth it? Any input I would really appreciate. I am a little nervous about it because I have done a park alone on family trips and sometimes you feel like you are getting this sympathy looks from people or a weird like why is she alone look. Let me know how any solo trips went. Thanks

faline
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I've spent some solo time in the parks but never have done a completly solo trip.

That said, many folks on Intercot have done solo trips and I'm sure they will be along shortly to share their experiences.

shan1021
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I have myself have not experienced it (I'm 18) but my dad has went by himself a few times in March because he's a huge Disney person and went down for his birthday. He is an outgoing person and loved going by himself and had a great time. He went down to the bar at the hotel and had a great time and he talked to people on lines and restaurants and all that stuff. He had a great time and is thinking about going down again if he has the money. Any trip to disney will be worthwhile and even though you are vacationing alone doesn't mean you won't have anyone to talk to. I would def consider it based on what my dad has told me.

Also, if you are having a good time it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just enjoy it and don't let anything or anyone bother you-- it is not worth it! And you could be with family but just going on a ride alone or meeting your family elsewhere-- what do they know?

Enjoy it!

NLODisney
01-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I have gone on several solo trips as well as family trips. Both are great but I love going solo once in awhile. It's alot less stressful going solo- you don't have to plan as much and it's easy to make yourself have a great time. I always have a good time going on my favorite rides and eating wherever I want to. I also enjoy the things that the family doesn't like to "waste time doing" like CoP and exploring the shops at WS. I highly recommend a solo trip at least once.

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I've been on a solo trip and had a great time! It allows you so much freedom to move at your own pace, eat when and where you want, get up and go to bed when you want and do whatever you want whenever without having to worry about other's enjoyment. I personally didn't worry about what other guests thought of me being their alone as I was enjoying myself. I did carry a small notebook and pen with me so that I could take trip notes when I had quiet moments such as when I was waiting for meals (yes, I did sit-down meals by myself) or when waiting for a show to start.

I did spend part of my trip with other INTERCOTees, so that provided me with opportunities to talk with others, but I also found that it was pretty easy to strike up a conversation in lines, etc. If interested, you might take a look in the Disney Meets forum to see if others are going during your timeframe and if any meets are planned. I've met a lot of INTERCOTees and have had a great time with all of them!

Have a great trip!

Taja
01-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Out of 8 total WDW visits, 5 have been solo, although one was a planned meet with about 40 other people for several days!

What's terrific about solo visits:

1. Rise, shine and retire when you feel like it.
2. Visit the parks and attractions based on a schedule that makes sense to you. Or no schedule at all!
3. Eat what you want when you want it--and where you want!

Essentially--it's all about you!

Enjoy! Don't worry about what anyone else thinks!

I tend to chat with other park visitors in queues--whether I'm solo or with others. Dining alone isn't an issue--I do take a book, magazine or small notebook with me in case I'm bored and the meal is lengthy, but rarely use them. On a recent visit--with friends--I met a couple at PC. We kept crossing paths and eventually sat down at the food court with our meals and chatted for a bit while we ate. We've struck up a casual email friendship--they live in the UK.