PDA

View Full Version : Confused about park tickets with water park and etc option!

applecore72
01-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I feel really dumb, but I simply don't understand the Magic Your Way Ticket including Water Parks and etc. I've read several explanations on these boards, seen the film at DW-website, read the information on Intercot and other DW-related websites and I still don't get it. Maybe it's because my native language is Swedish and not English ;) We have just booked a package with a 9-day ticket (incl water parks and etc).

So here's the question:

Does this mean I get to 9 visits at each of the "parks/places" MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Pleasure Island and Disney Quest. For instance - if we want to do MK one day and end the same day at Disney Quest - would that be 2 visits (out of 9 total)?

Or do we have 9 visits to the main parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS) and also a number of visits to the other places (the water parks and etc)? If ths is so - how many number of visits do we have? One for each place? 9 visits for all the places (plus the 9 we have for the main parks)?

If someone could please explain I would be eternally grateful!

Tygger7
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Actually, it's much easier than you think. The Magic Your Way Park Hopper tickets with Water Park option basically allow you "unlimited" access to all the parks, water parks, and Disney Quest. So, for example...on Day One you could go to the Magic Kingdom, decide you want to go to Epcot, then decide you want to go to Disney Quest. Day Two you could go to Animal Kingdom, then spend time at Blizzard Beach.

The tickets don't "count" how many times you do any one park. You can park hop every day, multiple time...the ticket just keeps track of the number of days you're there. So, with a 9-day ticket, you have 9 days of access to any of the parks, as many times as you want to go within that 9 days.

If you still have questions, just private message me and I'd be happy to help.

And welcome to Intercot!! :mickey:

faline
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Tygger7: Actually, your explanation is not quite accurate.

applecore72: Magic Your Way with the Water Park and Fun Option can be looked at as two separate tickets combined in one.

First, your 9 day park passes.

What this gives you is 9 days to visit the four parks - Magic Kingdom; Epcot; Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios. Once you enter one of these 4 parks, you have used 1 day off your 9 day ticket. If you decide to visit the Magic Kingdom for instance, you will have 8 days left to visit the other parks. You can enter the Magic Kingdom 3 times on that same day and you will not use any more park days off your ticket that day. You will have 8 days left.

With the basic 9 day pass, you cannot visit more than 1 of these 4 parks on the same day. Disney does sell an option that is called the Park Hopper option which you can add onto your ticket. With this option, you can visit the Magic Kingdom in the morning and 1 or more of the 4 parks listed above on the same day. In this case, you will still have 8 days to visit the 4 main parks.

The other part of your ticket is the Water Park and More Option. This part of the ticket (with a 9 day pass) gives you 9 visits to some combination of the following:
Blizzard Beach
Typhoon Lagoon
Disney Quest
Pleasure Island.

Each time you enter one of those locations you deduct a visit. For example, you go to Blizzard Beach one day, head to Disney Quest in the late afternoon, and finish up your day at Pleasure Island. In this scenario you have used up 3 of the 9 visits you have in the same day and you will have 6 visits left to listed venues of your choice.

For another example, if you visit Typhoon Lagoon in the morning and then go to the Epcot in the evening, you will use up 1 of your Waterpark and more visits and 1 park day.

Hope this helps!

Tygger7
01-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Okay, now I'm confused.

On my last trip, we visited all 4 parks in one day, and even hit MK twice....and we didn't "run out" of admissions into the parks. At a minimum, we visted at least 2 parks each day, and as I said, even visited 4 different parks in one day on a park hopper. I'm a Disney veteran and your explanation left me scratching my head. Have rules for the park hoppers changed for 2008?

Sorry if I screwed anyone up...I was just going off how it worked the last time we were there in 2006.

DizneyRox
01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Maybe I can help...

Don't confuse theme park entry with water park, Disney Quest, etc entry.

The "days" on a ticket count only towards theme parks. So, if you get a 5 day park ticket, you can enter A theme park for 5 days (within 14 days of first use). Park hopping I think applies ONLY to theme park entry. Getting Park Hopping allows you to enter as many theme parks as you want/can on those 5 days.

The Water park option basically adds entries to the water parks to your ticket. The number of entries is based on the number of theme park days you purchase.

If you add the water park option to a 5 day ticket, you would get 5 water park options, where you can go to a water park (or other qualifying extra) up to 5 times.

So, a 5 day MYW ticket with water parks does have 10 potential days of park admission, you really could use the entire ticket up in 5 consecutive days (with poor planning). You CANNOT use a water park entry to get into a theme park, and I don't believe you can use a theme park entry to get into a water park.

It really sounds like you are talking about the old Length of Stay passes that allowed you to do just about whatever you wanted from the day you check in to the day you left. Those do not exist anymore.

Beast_fanatic
01-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Okay, now I'm confused.

On my last trip, we visited all 4 parks in one day, and even hit MK twice....and we didn't "run out" of admissions into the parks. At a minimum, we visted at least 2 parks each day, and as I said, even visited 4 different parks in one day on a park hopper. I'm a Disney veteran and your explanation left me scratching my head. Have rules for the park hoppers changed for 2008?

Sorry if I screwed anyone up...I was just going off how it worked the last time we were there in 2006.

You've got the park hopper feature correct as far as the 4 main parks are concerned, but the original poster did not say they have the park hopping feature, so Linda's explanation covers just having base passes for the 4 main parks.

As far as the water parks, fun & more option is concerned, park hopping does NOT apply to those options, so you do not get unlimited admission to those. You get as many admissions as you have on your ticket - in the original poster's case, this is 9 admissions to those various venues (water parks, Disney Quest, Wide World of Sports and Pleasure Island).

applecore72
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Thank you all!

It's correct that we did not purchase the Park Hopper ticket (since we never "park hop" - we like to visit one park each day). The 9 day-ticket will give us some extra option when it comes to dining.

I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong) this means we can use one of our 9 main park admissions to, for instance, go and eat at Epcot, after spendning a day at Blizzard Beach (on our other set of 9 days dor the water parks and other places!). That's great news!!!

Once again - thank you everybody! :thumbsup:

CleveRocks
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Thank you all!

It's correct that we did not purchase the Park Hopper ticket (since we never "park hop" - we like to visit one park each day). The 9 day-ticket will give us some extra option when it comes to dining.

I'm guessing (please correct me if I'm wrong) this means we can use one of our 9 main park admissions to, for instance, go and eat at Epcot, after spendning a day at Blizzard Beach (on our other set of 9 days dor the water parks and other places!).
YES!

Theme park tickets and Water Parks Fun & More (WPF&M) tickets work differently.

With your non-hopper 9-day theme park ticket, you have 9 DAYS of admissions to the theme parks, with the limitation that you can only go to one theme park each day. In other words, on Tuesday if you go to Magic Kingdom in the morning, you can't go into Epcot that same night.

With WPF&M, you are not buying DAYS, but rather separate admissions. In other words, if you really wanted to, on Tuesday you can go to Blizzard Beach in the morning, Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoon, Disney Quest in the evening and then the nightclubs in Pleasure Island late that night. This would cost you 4 of your 9 WPF&M admissions, but it can be done.

And you CAN use a theme park admission and one or more WPF&M admissions on the same day.

As long as you can see the theme park admissions and WPF&M admissions as two separate things, it will make things a lot easier for you.

Niecyboo
01-18-2008, 05:50 PM
It sounds like everyone explained it well. Just in case, I'm sending you an email to help clarify it.