PDA

View Full Version : The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Last day-Part Two

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Continued from previous post....

After Indy, we opted to use our last CS credit. Hopped into the ABC Commissary and had some fish & chips and a burger. A little choclate mousse for dessert, and we're fortified for whatever comes next. We walk through a few gift shops, find our last minute "needs" (the "I'm bringing Grumpy back" t-shirt. Very appropriate.) and walk the city streets of New York. The Osborne lights are still covering all the buildings, but aren't on. I could only imagine how cool that would have been. It's about 20 minutes before the first car stunt show, so we walk into the theater and have a seat. We read the trivia questions (DH obviously gets each one of them correct-I can't play trivia games with him. It's rather unfair, if I must say), and just enjoy the beautiful day. The car show was a lot of fun, we decide that would be a really fun job to have, stunt driver in a car show at Disney World. My dad used to say his dream job would be a La-Z-Boy tester, but I think DH would love the stunt driver job. Either that, or professional beer taster. Sorry honey.
To quote Mick Jagger "You can't always get what you want".

We need to be back at ASMu by 3:00 to collect our bags and ME was to pick us up at 3:15. So, we lazily walked to the front of the park, grabbed us some frozen cokes, and headed to the bus. Back at ASMu, we retrieved our bags. Picked up a few items we had shipped to the package pickup. We each went into the restrooms to change into long pants and sweatshirts. Ugh.

Well, DH had a little meltdown here. We had some glass items that needed to be packed into our bags. I took my suitcase into the ladies room while I changed, and tried to fit them into my suitcase. No way. I moved everything, tossed things, everything I could think of. Nope. Not going in. So, I brought it back out with me and asked DH if he could fit it into his suitcase. So he wanders into the mens room. Comes out a few minutes later with a completely crushed box (with the item still inside, but miraculously unbroken) and said nope, and tossed me the box. What the heck am I supposed to do with this? Well, I unpack the box, throw the tattered cardboard in the garbage and decide it will have to be stowed into my carryon bag. I didn't want it in there, but didn't have another choice. DH then gets all upset and says "Well, why the heck would you have me try and put it in my suitcase if you knew it would fit in there???" He said it very snottily. I didn't think that deserved a reponse, so I didn't give him one.

I then put on my happy face and told him we needed to spend those 8 snack credits! Into the food court we went to get 8 Mickey Rice Krispie Bars! Oops, sorry, they are called "Crisped Rice Treats". Sorry Kelloggs. Meant no trademark infringement there. Don't worry, I use "facial tissues", not "Kleenex". Into the carryon when those Crisped Rice Treats.

Walked to ME, and a bus was there within about 10 minutes. After about a 25 minute wait at Coronado Springs (where we didn't even pick anyone up! What was that all about?), we were off to the scareport. Checkin, security, tram to the gate, all went quick and smooth. Then, we waited. For a flight that was obviously delayed. Crowded gate area, had to watch Packers/Seattle game, so we had to find seats that faced the TV. The only two seats available were next to a family where they were treating their little girls to tuna sandwiches. Wow, that smell was so disgusting. I actually had to dig out the Rolaids, it was so nasty. I have no problem with these very nice parents having their children eat a healthy, nutritious sandwich while they waited very patiently for the late plane, but OH! That smell! I walked around a LOT, just to get away.

Finally, we board our plane, no exit row, but empty third seat next to us! Whoo hoo! We got onto THAT flight though. You know the one. With the baby who screams bloody murder the ENTIRE flight. Yup, we were on that plane. I most certainly felt bad for the parents, but there was this little tiny part of me deep down inside that wanted to give that kid some Nyquil or Benadryl or a shot of whiskey.

Other than that, it was a smooth flight, DH was in good spirits, if just very tired.

My mom picked us up, and was waiting for us when we landed. A quick trip home (20 minutes) while she updated us on the local news. We let the three dogs outside BEFORE we walked in the house, because we knew after 6 days, they would be just a LITTLE excited. After all three of them left us "peesicles" on the sidewalk, we had to let them in so they could sniff and lick for about 15 minutes, all the while circling, barking and jumping up and down. They thought we were never coming home! Ever!

We left our suitcases in the middle of the living room floor. We took out our toothbrushes, but that was it. We were in bed about 20 minutes after we walked in. DH was snoring in less than 20 seconds. I watched a little local news before powering myself down.

Vacation was over. I reflected fondly over the past week. Yes, the vacation was over, but the memories were just beginning. I can feed off these memories for a lifetime. Contentment washes over me as I sneak a look at DH, snoozing contentedly, with his faithful pooch laying next to him. I love him at Disney World, but I love him at home too.

Now, I await me new memories for next year.

Karen

T-Belle
01-18-2008, 11:12 AM
Karen, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports. My birthday trip is coming up soon and I needed some "reports" to keep me grounded until then. Thank you for giving us a few chuckles and several "ahhh's" as you've taken us along with you and your DH on a very magical vacation.:mickey:

IloveJack
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
This was a great report! So funny and real. I really enjoyed it. I'm very happy your hubby found his way over to "our" side. I'm looking forward to more of your trip reports!:thumbsup:

BMan62
01-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I laughed, I cried, I wanted to trade places with you and your DH!!!

I was much like your DH prior to our first trip, now I'm a Disneyholic!!! Unfortunately my next 'fix' wont be until September.

SBETigg
01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Great reports, thanks for sharing.

Tygger7
01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I have absolutely loved reading your trip reports!! You are a fantastic writer....ever thought of doing travel blogs for a career? :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-18-2008, 12:21 PM
What a great trip and trip reports. Thanks for sharing them!:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
You are absolutely wonderful! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your reports. I am so sad you didn't stay longer...lol Thank-you so much for sharing!

pogo
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Karen.... what can I say.... I've really enjoyed reading your reports and I wish I had half of your talent for writing. :yes:

It sounds like you love your DH very much and after all he did on this trip to see that you were happy, I can see he loves you too !

I can't wait to see the pictures. :blush:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us. :D

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Another great day, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. My DH was almost your DH's twin, until he got to WDW. Once he made it there, he was hooked. So hooked, he bought DVC for my wedding present. You can't beat that. He never complains about the plans I make or ressies for food or anything. He just can't live DISNEY everyday like I do, but eventually I'll get him!! Hope to see some pix soon!!

Please post more about your plans for next January and the kids reactions to you DH's thoughts about returning. I am curious to hear.

MOJoe
01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Great trip report. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for taking the time to write.

RedheadWriter
01-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Great stuff! :thumbsup:

tinklover
01-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I so loved all of your trip reports ... felt like i was right there withyou and your DH. glad you had a magical trip.

pdrlkr
01-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

A Mouse Fan
01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip reports! They made me laugh and sometimes tear up a bit. Disney truly makes dreams come true and I am glad your DH had such a good time. Looks like you will get to go back next year...I look foward to your trip reports!

KylesMom
01-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Karen, it was truly a pleasure to read about you and "McCranky Pants" - especially the parts where you surely converted him!

Thanks for taking the time to post your wonderful, magical vacation! :mickey:

faline
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Terrific reports! :thumbsup: Thanks for posting! I've enjoyed reading them!

Disneypixie513
01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Great trip repot! Loved reading it :)
Glad your Husband changed his mind about Disney :mickey: