PDA

View Full Version : The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day Last-Part One

WDWCrazyKaren
01-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Cast:

Me-43, Event planner by day, Disney planner by night
DH-40, Cranky Disney Nay-sayer

We awaken on Day 6, our last day home...ooops, at Disney World. It's 7:00AM, and we must be on a plane back to 8 degrees, snow, work, house, family, pets, laundry, telephones, bills, bad TV shows and real life in 11 hours. Now, I know how old I am, I know DH has 3 less years under his belt than I do, but dear readers, I'm tired. DH is exhausted. His cold hasn't let up all week, and it's all he can do to keep buying those $84 boxes of Sudafed at the parks to keep himself moving. As a little aside here, the weekend before Christmas, I had gone to the ER with a blistering headache, which I thought was quite possibly my first migraine. I'd never had such blinding pain in my skull before. Well, in the ER, after an CT scan and a SPINAL TAP (Dang! That Hurt!) they tell me I have Meningitis. What? I have WHAT? Who gets that? What? Now, it turns out to be viral, not bacterial, so it's not the kind that will kill me, just annoy me. I ask them how I could possibly get Meningitis! Unsatisfactorily, they tell me just by going out in public will do it to you, the virus is everywhere. I tell you this, because this Disney trip was only 2 1/2 weeks post 3 day hospital stay. With something they tell me, while I'm not contagious (after everything they gave me, I couldn't give you a cold!), I am tired. I've never been tired at Disney World before, but I just am. I know it's the after-effects of being sick, but I HATE it. I should be good to go for another 10 days, but I'm just not.

Do not misunderstand me. This was one of the best vacations I've ever had. I saw Surly McCrankyPants turn into Happy McDisneyDrawers. If DH and I were walking, we were holding hands, pointing out amazing sights, breathing in the 80 degree and sunny weather. It was sheer bliss, and there was not one second I would change (well, maybe those neighbors). But people, I want to go home. I want to hug my girls, I want to scratch my dogs ears, I want my own pillow, I want to turn on my fan at the foot of my bed for some white noise. It's time. But we still have a few hours to get in those last few Studios things we didn't hit, and I'm ready to tackle it!

We got ready slowly, packed up our bags, cleaned up the room (yes, I'm one of THOSE people...I clean my hotel rooms) and head down to check out. We take our last walk past the quiet and loud pools (who really can stand the music at that loud pool? I'd have to hurt someone if I had to listen to that drivel). We check out, check our bags at baggage hold until it's time for ME.

We still have 8 snack credits left, and 2 counter service meals left. If you read Day 5, you know I won't let those go to waste! We use 2 snack credits and just grab croissants for breakfast at the food court. It will get us through until lunch. We nibble as we take in the last morning of the food court, watching the crowds swell. The half marathon was that morning, and many of the people at the food court were back from thier run, enjoying breakfast with their families. They should be very proud of themselves. I'm trying to talk DH into running it next year. He's a runner, I think he'd enjoy it.

We make our way to the busses, and hop a quick bus to the Studios. We get there about 5 minutes after park opening, and it's not too busy this morning. I spent the entire week trying to talk DH into TOT. He did not think it was wise. I knew he wouldn't do RNR (which I love) but I knew that once I got him on TOT he would like it. We walked over, assuming we needed fast passes, but NO! Glory day! Standby said "13 minutes" of course. So, we walked in. I recalled the story of the woman who was so upset about hour dirty this ride was, and that Diseny should clean up the cobwebs in the hotel. Had to chuckle.

DH was crushing my hand after we left the Twighlight Zone movie portion, waiting in the basement. It took us about 10 minutes to get to our elevator. We climb in, buckle up right to left (why aren't all the rides the same???) and off we go. I love the effects, the stars twinkling, everything. Then, the little drop, SCREAMS, the doors open, the flashbulbs, and WHOO HOO! Off we drop! It was great. DH was laughing and having a ball! Remember, if you don't buckle up tight, you can get some decent air on this ride. Awesome. Love that ride.

Giggling and skipping along, we try to think of the other things we need to do here. We have to see Indy, the car stunt show...wait. That's it. Well, we have far too much time! And nowhere else to go! Dang. We're going to have to waste some time. Ok, Star Tours was on the agenda, since DH loved that one. Did it again, fun again. I know it's showing it's age, but it's still fun. We decide to head to Indy to get some good seats. It's about 30 minutes to the next show, and the theater is about 2/3 full already. We go on in and grab seats. Indy was fun, DH was aware long before the secret was out that there was a plant in the crowd. He's sharp like that. (DH is genius level smart-seriously-he's got a photographic memory-very scary! There are some things I wish he'd forget!)

Continued in next post...

Karen

T-Belle
01-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Enjoying you report, as usual......off to read more!

tinkerbell04
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I think I have figured out why I love your trip reports so much. It is like we are just having a conversation, you are such a great writer! I am looking forward to the last post, but I am also sad that it is coming to an end!:mickey:

SBETigg
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry that you were run down, but you really did rally and make the best of that last day. Sounds like fun!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-18-2008, 12:30 PM
To tell you the truth, I am pretty sad your trip is ending... I am going to miss reading your reports!!! lol

pogo
01-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Once again.... another wonderful day ! And another great trip report ! :thumbsup:

Got to read part @. :D

dolphinmickey9170
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Say it ain't so......does it have to end?

Four weeks before we left for our christmas trip, I spend a week in the hospital too, so I understand how tired you can get after that. Glad to hear you are feeling better though. Off to read some more.........................................

RedheadWriter
01-18-2008, 10:19 PM
To tell you the truth, I am pretty sad your trip is ending... I am going to miss reading your reports!!! lol

Me too!

pdrlkr
01-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Nice day, so far - even if it is the day you have to go home!