PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Montana Movie

Lulie
01-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know why the movie is only playing for one week? Also, the tickets at our local theater are $15.00 vs. $8.00 for any other movie. I was just curious and thought someone here could answer.

scootch713
01-18-2008, 10:23 AM
My "guess" ... the supply/demand theory, if they only have it a week, they can try to sell it out for that higher price. I am gathering it will probably come out on dvd after that for a large price($30 or over)... but that is just my "guess". We were fortunate enough to go to the concert. There is no way I would spend $60 for the four of us to see it in a theatre. I will probably buy the dvd if it comes out, just as a momento from the concert and the option to view over and over. My kids only spent $10 on lights at the concert, so would be like a souvenier for us.

mickey&missy
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
My thought is that they made the 3-D concert movie because of the controversy over the tickets for the live concert going sooo fast.

As to why the tickets are $15, probably because they think they can charge more for 3-D and because they know that its a lot cheaper then a concert ticket. I also think, that if it wasn't such a short run they couldn't charge as much.

I'm interested to see what its like. I'm taking DD and a friend on 2/2.

Lulie
01-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I understand supply and demand but I think the "people in charge" are making a mistake of letting the movie run for only one week. A mistake that could blow up in their face! Many of my friends have had enough of the disappointments from our kids. I understand not being able to add more concert dates because afterall, HM is a real person but to limit the movie to only one week is selfish in my book.

All this being said, myslef and three friends were able to get tickets to the concert in Houston in March. I am not against HM in anyway. She is a great role model for my 8 YO DD. I just hope her promoters don't ruin her with some of their decisions.

tinksmom02
01-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I was thinking it was more $$ because it was 3-D.

I ordered tickets for me and DD5 on 2/5.

She has only recently discovered Hannah Montana; right now she enjoys the show but doesn't know too much about the music. BUT, I figured she would enjoy the movie...

I don't mind the show, I think it's actually very well done. It's just HER I don't like...

NotaGeek
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
The price difference is more likely to the fact that it's a special engagement, and not a normal movie. The 3-d is an added bonus, but since it's only running for 1 week, they are likely trying to maximize the revenue.

elmjimmlm
01-21-2008, 12:08 AM
For a family of 5 will be 75.00!?!? We didnt get to the concert and my kids really want to see this movie...I dont think that the prices are fair...I cant say no, but at the same time I cant see spending that much for a movie that is only 1hr. and 14 min. long...:(

DisneyLandMomma
01-21-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm thinking ticket prices must be up to individuals theaters maybe?? We got tickets to our local theater for only $8/adults and $7/kids. When checking out prices I saw them ranging from $7/8 to $24.

katzctkpt
01-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Why does tickets for Hannah have to be so much? She is talented and a pretty girl and a lot of little girls want to be her but, I think that the prices for her 3D movie and even the prices for her concerts are just ridiculous.

tinkerbell04
01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking ticket prices must be up to individuals theaters maybe?? We got tickets to our local theater for only $8/adults and $7/kids. When checking out prices I saw them ranging from $7/8 to $24.

We paid 15 dollars here also, regardless of child/adult. They were one price per ticket. So, you might be right about the theater prices??? Although it sounds like 15 is about going rate.

goofyrules
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I can't stand hannah montana/miley cyrus. She annoyes me so much. Expecially her voice. The show can actually be pretty funny sometimes, but a movie of a concert, thats a waste of film. Plus, the world has youtube, it won't be full concerts on it, but it will be some for free. You dont have to pay 200-400 dollars on a ticket or 8 dollars to see a movie of it!!!! A lot of you think what im saying is stupid, but anyone who has an obbsesive sister over her, hopefully will under stand what i am saying!!!:thedolls:

Figgyluv03
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I haven't seen any of this advertised and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Does anyone have a website or a link that I can do to purchase tickets and see where it playing closest to me?

NotaGeek
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I haven't seen any of this advertised and this is the first I'm hearing about it. Does anyone have a website or a link that I can do to purchase tickets and see where it playing closest to me?

When all else fails, GOOGLE. :mickey:

The Official Hannah Montana 3-D Movie Site (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/hannahmontana3d/)

ncscgirl2005
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I can't stand hannah montana/miley cyrus. She annoyes me so much. Expecially her voice. The show can actually be pretty funny sometimes, but a movie of a concert, thats a waste of film. Plus, the world has youtube, it won't be full concerts on it, but it will be some for free. You dont have to pay 200-400 dollars on a ticket or 8 dollars to see a movie of it!!!! A lot of you think what im saying is stupid, but anyone who has an obbsesive sister over her, hopefully will under stand what i am saying!!!:thedolls:

Ok I'm not going to take it that far but I do agree with you to a certain degree. My kids love her show and her music but I don't see what the big hype is about her. I don't really think she can sing very well. The funniest person on the show to me is Rico. That kid is hilarious. And Billy Ray (Bobby Rae) is very nice to look at. We are going to pass on the movie and perhaps add it to our Blockbuster cue when and if it comes to DVD.

tinkerbell04
01-22-2008, 08:16 PM

I searched for tickets and purchased them on fandango:mickey:

J9
01-22-2008, 11:30 PM
The tickets are more expensive because of the 3D, no question.

I saw Meet the Robinsons and Order of the Phoenix in 3D and they were the same price. Those same movies without the 3D were cheaper. It's because not many theatres are equipped with the 3D projectors and the 3D technology is more expensive to produce (plus they have to provide all those disposable glasses).

The higher ticket price for the HM movie is not because they are trying to milk money. It's par for the 3D course.

Figgyluv03
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm being corny and going to see it. Just got me ticket. I figure there shouldn't be too many kids on a Tuesday Night going to see it at 9pm. The tickets weren't sold out yet.

mickey&missy
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone else saw Hannah Montana 3-D and what they thought.

I took DD and her friend yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Not the greatest thing ever but good. DD and her friend enjoyed it, thats whats counts.

DisneyLandMomma
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
We went today with our girl scout troop. It was good. They girls LOVED it and that was the point of going. My daughter is trying to talk me into taking her and a friend again this week but I think I'll pass. :blush:

merlinmagic4
02-04-2008, 06:47 AM
We went on Saturday - closest theater was just over an hour away but it was worth it. I thought it was well done and it was a nice afternoon with just my daughter and me :)

The funny thing was that I bought these tickets in December. I went to the website a couple of weeks ago to try and buy another ticket so she could bring a friend. They were all sold out :( So, I get to the theatre to pick up my tickets and the machine spits out THREE! I had purchased three tickets in December and totally forgot. They were nice enough to refund the 15.00 for me but I sure wish I had remembered so she could have brought a friend! I don't usually do things like that .......:blush:

2Epcot
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Gee ... nobody saw this coming. :rolleyes:

Miley film engagement extended

Published: Feb. 4, 2008 at 7:10 AM

BURBANK , Calif., Feb. 4 (UPI) -- Hollywood's Walt Disney Studios said it is extending the theatrical run of its new 3-D movie "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert."

The teen concert movie, which also features a special appearance by the Jonas Brothers, earned a three-day take of $29 million.

The film opened in 683 3-D venues Friday and established an industry record -- not only for Super Bowl weekend -- but for a Digital 3-D film opening with a per-screen average of more than $42,000, as well, the studio said.

The movie's run was initially set to last a week.

"Audience reaction for the Disney Digital 3-D presentation of 'Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert' has been so overwhelming that we've decided to extend the film's theatrical run," Mark Zoradi, president of the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Group, said in a statement.

"The extra playing time will give more fans a chance to see their favorite performer in an exciting new way that brings the concert experience to life on the big screen. It will also accommodate those fans who want come and enjoy the experience again."

poohluva
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
I took DD 10 Saturday, she loved it, I thought it was good, but the part I really liked was the behind the scenes stuff, I think it's good that they showed the kids how much work goes into the whole production.:number1:

elmjimmlm
02-04-2008, 11:18 AM
We went Sat. and had a great time...My daughter loved it...She sang every song and screamed when the Jonas Brothers came on...The crowd was clapping after every song...I am glad that we went...:thumbsup:

murphy1
02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I wasn't planning on taking the kids, but I might now. I guess they are banking on people like me who have been on the fence by doing an extended run.

Ian
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Okay, so I'm a dork ...

I really enjoyed it! We took DD today to the 1PM show and had a great time. The 3D was very impressive ... very crisp and clear with no distortion of any kind. It felt so natural that it really enhanced the experience, as opposed to that forced 3D you get sometimes where it's more annoying than anything else.

The music was great ... the performance was great ... DD was in 7th heaven.

Disney's got a winner on their hands with this one!

Jeff
02-04-2008, 04:14 PM
:thumbsup:My 17 year old daughter and 15 year old neice saw it yesterday. They absolutely loved it!

tink'72
02-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I didnt' think the price was bad. The tickets normally by me are 10.75 so I didn't think 15.00 was to far off. I figured it was due to the cost of the glasses to see the 3-D.

I have to say I took my DD11 and her friend on Friday night and thought the movie was very cute! The kids loved it. They were dancing in the aisles and signing along. I felt it was well worth the 15.00 a ticket!

wdw_bound
02-05-2008, 12:03 AM
I got cool Mom credits with this one!

Took DD and a friend to see it Friday night for the first show. I'd bought tix through Fandango just before Christmas, and our theater was sold out for the entire weekend when we arrived.

For those of you who haven't gone yet, plan on arriving really early. We got there at 6:20 for a 7 pm show, and the line for seats was already wrapped around the lobby. Our seats were off to the side, but still not bad.

I enjoyed it as well - I've had a Jonas Bros. song in my head all day :blush:

Mufasa
02-05-2008, 02:05 AM
A positive outcome of this (can't believe I'm actually saying that with regards to Hannah Montana) is that for as much effort Disney has put into getting Digital 3D adopted and installed by more theaters it might just finally be the movie that changes the industry.

A lot of cineplexes that were on the fence about investing the money needed to install the projectors and equipment as they worried about getting a good return on their investment. Disney had been aggressive with releasing their films starting with Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons and Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D and while they've done better per-theater averages than the standard 2D versions it's still slow to be adopted.

Up until now 3D has been mostly seen as a gimmick but I think all the studios will start to take notice of this and the upcoming wide release of U2 in 3D and there could be more films as well as special events shot in 3D and exhibited this way.

Who knows, in a few years they might make it a special event to see the Super Bowl shown live in Digital 3D projection.

Disneyatic
02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I took DD to this on Saturday and it was really great! I wasn't super excited going into it, but it was more than just Hannah Montana singing the same old songs, it had great variety and energy. I also loved the behind the scenes stuff and the Jonas Brothers stuff.:thumbsup:
We got there about 1 1/2 hours early and there was already a pretty good line so we jumped in. The theatre was packed and we saw many unhappy people that came in close to start time and couldn't find seats together.

I agree that the 3-D was well done and balanced pretty well.

I hope that this does encourage more of the 3-D in movies, the preview for I think it was Journey Into the Center of the Earth 3-D looks great and we can't wait to see this!

DisneyDudet
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
How long is this extended engagement?

Also, would I, being 24, look silly for going alone?

:party:

murphy1
02-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Alright, you guys convinced me, I will take my 8 yo:mickey: I am actually looking forward to it, since I have heard so much good about it. I know 15$ isn't a lot for some people, but I really have to think about it for something like this. Thanks!

Disneyatic
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
How long is this extended engagement?

Also, would I, being 24, look silly for going alone?

:party:

I think it was extended 1 extra week.
No, you wouldn't look silly. We saw quite a few older people going when we went on Saturday.

Ian
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I read that Disney is now going to let the film "run its course", which I took to mean it will have a normal run in theaters and they'll pull it once it stops making money.

I'll tell you ... to piggyback off of what Mufasa said a little bit ... I think Disney may be on to something with how to get people back into theaters to see films. That 3D was something else and we saw previews for at least two or three other 3D movies from other studios.

This looks like a trend to me.

DanDisney
02-18-2008, 10:36 PM
I saw this movie yesterday(sun) and LOVED IT!! This movie was very awesome! I know im 30 but what can I say im a big kid! I enjoyed the music alot and was tapping my feet the whole time even though I didnt know all the songs. I liked miley cyrus's music(as herself) the best! The Jonas bros were a suprise cause i never heard there music before. I mean the 3d effects were good and just added to the energy that the music gave off. I mean ive seen the tv show but didnt know much about the music. I am such a fan now! I liked the funny parts of the movie!

I kinda think though that the whole 3d thing wasnt needed and they just couldve released it as a regular movie but mabye they needed something to get people to come see it. But no mistaking the 3d was an added benefit to this concert film. The 15 dollars was kinda steep for a movie but i guess cheaper and more convienent than going to a real concert. I just cant wait for toy story and future movies in 3d!! I would hope as more movies come out they would give you something off for already having the 3d glasses.

2Epcot
02-22-2008, 12:43 PM
I wasn't planning to see this movie anytime soon, especially since I have a few Oscar films to see, though I was curious about the Disney Digital 3D presentation. Yesterday I had a few hours to kill so I walked around the Kodak looking at the Oscar setup. Across the street is Disney's El Capitan theater showing Hannah Montana. I walked by the theater 5 minutes before the start so I decided to see it. I really enjoyed the film. My two favorite types of music are pop music, and symphonic and orchestra music (kind of opposite), but I love both. Great music, great 3D, and at the El Cap they added a nice ending touch by having confetti fall in the theater to match the confetti on the screen. I thought the documentary footage blended well with the concert footage. I'm glad I went inside to see it, and not just because it was raining yesterday.