PDA

View Full Version : Bongos: Your Opinion Much Appreciated

DizneyFreak2002
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you all for answering my San Angel Inn post.... Now, how about those of you who have tried Bongos.... Is the food here good??? I heard wonderful things about this place, but I have yet to try it.... Those of you who have, tell me about this place....

PetefromRI
01-17-2008, 06:43 PM
We went to Bongos for lunch a few years ago.The place is themed like what one would think a Cuban nightclub might look like.We were waiting for Ricky Ricardo to jump out and start singing.We had Cuban sandwiches which were awesome and we've been wanting to go back ever since,it's just that Disney has so many places to eat and we like to try new places every time we go.Give it a go,the food is great.

DizneyFreak2002
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I like to try new places too Pete.. I just want to make sure the place is over all worth it... I have to mark down Bongos as a place to try now lol....

hooberry
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
word of caution if your a big dessert lover-when went went a while back there was no chocolate dessert:jaw:simply unimmaginable:D

DizneyFreak2002
01-18-2008, 07:56 PM
word of caution if your a big dessert lover-when went went a while back there was no chocolate dessert:jaw:simply unimmaginable:D

I am not big on dessert, but, I may have to try the flan...

disneylovinmom
01-19-2008, 06:59 PM
We ate there for dinner on 12/21 and HATED IT!!! :(The food was terrible (we are not picky eaters, either.) We had to sit outside on a cold night. They have heaters, but it was still a little chilly. I told them I did not want to eat outside and they made us anyway. If you are thinking of ordering the sandwiches, go for lunch. They will not serve the sandwiches after 4:00.

Madame Leona
01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Dh and I have been twice and loved it both times. I would like to go back again but like others have said, there are so many places to try. Plus, we have little ones now so it's fun to go for the character meals.

DizneyFreak2002
01-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Would you all say Bongos is better at night than during the day?

prprincess
01-21-2008, 11:55 AM
If you are a fan of Cuban food, then I wouldn't suggest trying it. I'm Puerto Rican and our cuisine is very similar to that of Cuban, so I thought I knew what I was getting into. Nope--no one in my party liked any of our dishes.

But if you've never had Cuban food, give it a try. You might like what Bongo's has to offer.