PDA

View Full Version : Which Disney movie was the Worst!

jclightchasr
01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
OK I am picking flops based on Critics reviews and overall sales or lack of sales. Cast your vote and mention why in a reverent Manner please we are afterall Disney fans but may not be fans of everything. Have fun and e respectfull.

NotaGeek
01-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Not sure where you got your list, but some of the titles included are considered to be the most loved films in the Disney Vault (so to speak) ... I am just not a fan of focusing on the WORST of anything Disney...

Moderator Alert

This thread has the potential to go South quickly ... while participating please be aware that there are strong feelings about all things Disney and for the most part INTERCOT tries to be a positive, friendly place! :hug:

Ian
01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
I actually liked Atlantis a lot. I picked Home on the Range ... I couldn't even get through that entire movie.

Although you left Chicken Little off your list, which was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I would have picked that if it was an option.

jclightchasr
01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Not sure where you got your list, but some of the titles included are considered to be the most loved films in the Disney Vault (so to speak) ... I am just not a fan of focusing on the WORST of anything Disney...

Moderator Alert

This thread has the potential to go South quickly ... while participating please be aware that there are strong feelings about all things Disney and for the most part INTERCOT tries to be a positive, friendly place! :hug:

As the Moderator states and I will further emphasize I am wanting poll opinions not bashing of films. These films were not picked because I disliked them but to the best of my recollection were disliked by critics and did not meet sales expectations. There are movies listed I could care not to see again and others I thoroughly enjoyed.

PirateLover
01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
I also picked Home on the Range. It was blahsville. I enjoy Pocahontas's soundtrack, but dislike the storyline which is very off. Aristocats has always been one of my faves, though. Everybody want's to be a cat, because a cats the only cat who knows where its at! :cat:

thrillme
01-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Home on the range just didn't do it for me. I can't say it was actually "bad" but there usually something in each Disney movie that makes me refer to it all the time...even if it wasn't a "favorite" there's still songs and quotes that stick in my mind. There was really nothing in Home on the Range that really stuck out to me.

But I did like the others. Pocahontes was a little slow for me but the musical score was BEAUTIFUL. "Colors of the Wind" still sticks in my mind. I hum it all the time

My DS used to watch Aristocats almost everyday when he was a baby. If I or Grandma needed to get something done like make dinner or dishes and we needed a moment and it wasn't naptime...we could almost guarantee if we put that movie in he'd be laughing, clapping and trying to sing to the jazz.

I enjoyed the first Atlantis the second one not as much.

mjaclyn
01-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I really like Pocahontas, Aristocats and even Brother Bear - although I do agree that they are 'forgettable' in comparison with other Disney classics. I didn't like Atlantis or Home on the Range at all. I voted for Home on the Range because I thought that was worse.

TTA Metroliner
01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I picked Home on the Range. Just not the same as the traditional Disney classics or some of the newer movies. Not a bad movie overall, but it was my least favorite of the bunch.

CaptSmee
01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Well, it was easy to narrow it down because I liked Pocahontas, Aristocats, and Brother Bear.

dolphinmickey9170
01-17-2008, 09:44 PM
I hate the animation of Atlantis. Starting with swuare fingers....I just don't like it. Bring back the real animators.

Meghan
01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Woahhh.... I love Aristocats and am very suprised to see it on your list. Maybe it didn't make much money. I guess it makes sence since it's not one of Disney's biggest movies (but then again, look at the competition it has) but with Marie being one of Disney's more popular characters for girls merchandise outside of princesses, I'm just a little suprised. Oh well though.

I didn't vote because of the choices listed, I've only seen Aristocats and Pocahontas. I love Aristocats, and can't really remember much of Pocahontas since I only saw it once right when it first came out. Didn't see the other 3, so I really can't say.

Had it been a choice I definatly would have voted for Chicken Little. I didn't even finish it when I rented it. It was that bad for me.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
01-18-2008, 06:38 AM
I thought Aristocats did okay..there is another DVD-release special edition planned right? They haven't done those for their more succesfull movies such as the Rescuers and Oliver & Co, so I'm not so sure :D

But from this list, I also would have to say Home on the Range..Pocahontas is somewhat boring, but very beautifully animated, Atlantis was kinda cool, Aristocats is a classic!

Marker
01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Not gonna vote. For me, I don't see a reason to focus on bad thing.

However, I must say that I am surprised at the list provided. Those are not a list of what I consider my least favorite Disney movies. In fact, I thought Atlantis and Brother Bear were very good. I also enjoy Pocahontas and Aristocats. So, of those offered, I'd consider Home On The Range my least favorite.

Call me a rebel, but I dare say I never form my opinion of any movie from what critics say or what ticket sales were. I go with whether or not I liked it. For what it's worth, Haunted Mansion tanked too, but I really enjoyed it.... so there. :mickey:

Davyjones
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Do you have to vote? My pick for the Disney film I liked the least would be "The Black Cauldron". I've seen it a few times, but I still can never really get into it. I thought the ones listed on the poll were all movies I got into, unlike "The Black Cauldron". So, I honestly couldn't vote for anything on the poll.

IloveDisney71
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
I didn't really care for Atlantis or Home on the Range. I just couldn't get into either of them.

Figgyluv03
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
I think that I agree with majority of people that Home on the Range was the worst. I fell asleep during it, but I can't believe Arisocats is up there. I loved that movie.

murphy1
01-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Sorry, but you're gonna get flack for a poll like that! Just a friendly warning :mickey:

DisFan01
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I didn't really like Home on the Range as much as the other ones. :cool:

LibertyTreeGal
01-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Dude -- the Aristocats? And Brother Bear wasn't a classic, but for someone who grew up in Canada, Doug and Bob McKenzie as Moose brothers was a real treat!

Atlantis was bad, and Home on the Range, Pocahontas was too preachy and they did an injustice to the real Pocahontas, a very brave and intelligent TEN YEAR OLD GIRL, who probably never had her lips filled with collagen and didn't wear off the shoulder fitted leather dresses.....

But for the worst I would have to go with something like one of the Eddie Murphy or Robin Williams remakes! Or one of the Tim Allen movies!

The Black Cauldron was bad, those were my favorite books in the 6th grade :( and Disney butchered them! Treasure Planet I hated, Hunchback -- I don't want my kids watching pole dancers... oy vey!

BouncingTigger
01-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I've only seen two of those movies, both when I was little. I don't really remember Aristocats but I know I liked it at the time. I really like Pocahontas when I was younger. I still like it (Meeko! :D ) but it is a very strange, almost insulting view of Pocahontas. Pretty white-washed.

For worst Disney movie, I'd say Haunted Mansion. I'm not a big Eddie Murphy fan to begin with, and that movie quickly lost my interest. Or, and this may not be a popular opinion, but I thought the third Pirates movie was really bad. I loved the first one, really liked the second one, but I thought the third one just tanked. Very disappointing because I loved the first two Pirates movies and the concept as a whole (especially the characters!).

offwego
01-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I know I've seen home on the range but since (aside from the bit about Roseanne being a voice in it and some mine cart scene) I can't recall much of it I picked it.

For the record Aristocat's is one of our all time faves as well..in fact DH knows I better see that for Valentines day or he's in trouble!

Goofster
01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
I actually liked all the movies listed (with the exception of Home on the Range - never saw it).

If you included Chicken Little - that would have been my vote. It didn't seem 'Disney' to me. It tried too hard to be similar to Shrek, Madagascar, etc. (and I can't stand those movies and the constant pop culture jokes and references).

I also would have voted for Santa Clause 3 - bleh!

Janmac
01-19-2008, 12:09 AM
I wonder if Disney has a target audience in mind when making these movies, because the worst movie would be different, in our family, if the voting were done by adults or by my 3 yo grandniece.

She won't watch Brother Bear, and asks to watch Aristocats and Home on the Range over and over and over. Hard to say which is her favorite but I think it might be Home on the Range.

She has not seen Atlantis or Pocahontas.

I kind of liked that Home on the Range didn't have any princesses. As you can imagine, with a 3 yo girl we get a lot of princess requests.

Jan

RAIDER
01-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I went for Home on the Range
but i think Chicken Little and Dinosaur were there worst ive seen under the disney banner

Meghan
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I thought Aristocats did okay..there is another DVD-release special edition planned right?

Yup! February 5th. I can't wait!

ASweetLov
01-25-2008, 07:53 PM
I voted for Home On The Range, it just didn't do it for me. I loved Brother Bear and Pocahontas. Atlantis is good and I have not seen The Aristocats so I can't wait for the DVD release :mickey:

Rhetoric2000
01-30-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the poster who said Haunted Mansion is the worst movie Disney has ever produced - IMO it's one of the worst movies pound-for-pound (in terms of what they should have been) ever made.

From the animated canon I'll have to go with Pocahontas.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen Home On The Range but Aristocats is one of my favorites. Marie is just so cute! Also I liked Atlantis. It was different from most of the animated Disney movies.

GrmGrninGost
02-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Out of your selections I picked Home on the Range. Not to say I didn't enjoy it! I just finished watching it before I got on Intercot this evening! :mickey:

DizneyRox
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Happy to see Brother Bear has 0 votes. Probably one of the best "recent" movies from Disney.

jeddalynn
02-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Haven't seen Home on the Range and don't really plan to. I remember seeing the trailer for it with my husband, who's an animator and screen writer (not for Disney) and he commented "why would they think kids want to watch a movie about middle-aged cows?" Thats basically how I felt.

I loved the look of Pocahontas and the sound track was beautiful, but I felt the story was kind of....odd. Not anywhere near historically accurate. Not that I don't mind a bit of "stretching" of a historical story for a film, but thes just felt....not right.

Crow
02-04-2008, 11:02 PM
i picked Home since i havent seen it
Atlantis had a good idea
Pocahontas is cute...i mean the person
Brother Bear had Bob & Doug Mackenzie...
Aristocats is gettin a new release

Mickey91
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, I picked Atlantis. I based it on if I were to watch a movie right now, which one would I pick. Atlantis came in last.

I actually enjoyed Home on the Range. I thought it was a nice change from all the more thought provoking movies of late. Just a cute, funny, feel good movie.:chicken:

DisneyDD2
02-07-2008, 11:58 PM
It's been awhile since seeing Home on the Range, but I picked that one as my least favorite. I'm not sure if any movie that had a cow as a main character would be my cup of tea.

However, I am interested in seeing it again after reading Mickey91's favorable report.