PDA

View Full Version : Poly beach watching wishes Q???

jedi jen
01-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi all,

Just booked a stay at the Poly for the 1st time. I have a question about watching Wishes from the Poly beach. Would anyone mind telling me if you can hear the music or if they pipe it in at the beach? It sounds so wonderful. I love Wishes, and am wondering if I will be able to hear the music down at the beach. Thank you.

:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
yup! The music is piped in on speakers all along the sidewalk down by the beach. We have gone to Poly just to watch Wishes on the beach. One thing though, the closer to the water you get, the harder it is to hear. There are lots of places along the sidewalk (where the sand meets it) that have deep curbs and make for nice little seats and are right by the music.

DDuck66
01-18-2008, 09:36 AM
If you want to know everything about the Poly, then go to Tikiman's website. It is dedicated to the Polynesian and we have found it extremely useful as we have our first stay planned for the POLY in May.

May524
01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Yes they do pipe it in! It's a lot of fun!

vamaggie
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Do they pipe it in down the whole beach area? We were there in Nov and watched Wishes on the beach area by Tokelau and did not hear the music. Were we just lulled into the beauty of the castle and missed the music?

Polynesian Dweller
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Do they pipe it in down the whole beach area? We were there in Nov and watched Wishes on the beach area by Tokelau and did not hear the music. Were we just lulled into the beauty of the castle and missed the music?

We found in October that you had to be near the pool area or the dockside to hear the music. We could hear it on our blacony in Hawaii.

Years ago they did pipe it in to near the Tokelau end but hasn't been that way for the last few years.

vamaggie
01-18-2008, 03:16 PM
We found in October that you had to be near the pool area or the dockside to hear the music. We could hear it on our blacony in Hawaii.

Years ago they did pipe it in to near the Tokelau end but hasn't been that way for the last few years.

Glad to know that I have not completely lost my mind (or my hearing !)

splashtest
01-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Awesome place to watch the fireworks from. Love it!!

IloveDisney71
01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
We were there in December and watched Wishes from this area. You could barely hear the music, but that didn't bother me. Wishes was still beautiful!