PDA

View Full Version : Yet another magical journey's ?

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
When you book with MJ do you make your payments to them or to disney? We always book online so we can make online payments. Thanks.

ibrowse17
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
You can make payments through MJ, just as if doing it yourself. The only difference is that you can not access the reservation on the Disney web site as you might be used to to, MJ can only do that. You can still set it up under My Vacations to plan days and all.:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
01-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Ok, I've also heard of people saying MJ would change there package to get the better deal. I'm sure you can't like combine discounts so what do they do just get the one that's the most bang for your buck?

BigRedDad
01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
My understanding is they will automatically change your reservation to a discount if it matches your current reservation. If the discount is to change from a preferred to a standard room or upgrading from value to mod to deluxe, I think they contact you to agree to the change.

KylesMom
01-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Although you make the payment through MJ, it goes directly to Disney - i.e., you'll see Disney on your CC statement, not MJ. I just let Terrisue know how much I want to put on my reservation, and she follows up with a confirmation from Disney on how much money has been deposited on our room to date.
Ok, I've also heard of people saying MJ would change there package to get the better deal. I'm sure you can't like combine discounts so what do they do just get the one that's the most bang for your buck?

Here's an example:

Back in August, we set up a room-only ressie with AAA discount for WL with Terrisue. (We found AAA through MJ a few years ago & have gotten the best rates available through AAA discount). However, if an A/P rate, Disney Visa or other discount rate is released for our travel dates, she'll automatically get us the lower rate. Also, it's noted on our file that if perchance any of these discounts are released for CR & it's comperable to WL, we'd like to upgrade.

Typically the discounts released go fast, and it's one way of not having to call Disney every day or hit Intercot as soon as I wake up to see if anything's been released.

Discounts are getting far and few in between for the summer months, but it takes the stress out of trying to get the best deal. AND I can concentrate on my ADRs & such instead of worrying if I'll be locked out of a room rate! :mickey: