PDA

View Full Version : DVC and hotel discounts

Kidsmom
01-17-2008, 12:03 PM
We are using our DVC in April. We just found out some friends are going to come at the same time.

Can we use our 25% hotel discount for these friends (we pay for it for them and they pay us later) or is it only for if we are staying in their room?

Thanks!

ThanxForNoticin
01-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I am sure the room just needs to be part of your reservation. You do not need to stay in the room to get the discount. We did something similar several years ago. Have a great time!

JMTStone
01-18-2008, 09:24 AM
I just talked to MS yesterday. We wer thinking of making it a family trip in June and have my sister's family down at the same time. I was told they had to stay at Boardwalk Villas (where we will be) and then after checking our ressie, I was told that there were no rooms available at the discount. I ended up contacting Magical Journeys for her instead.

Kidsmom
01-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Does that mean they had to stay in a villa or could they get a hotel room?

We are going to be at AKLV and would get them a hotel room. Could we do this?

Thanks!

JMTStone
01-18-2008, 01:39 PM
My DVC MS lady looked up a studio for them and said there were none available at the discount rate. Its a good idea to have them stay at AKL. I'd call MS and ask.

dlpmikki
01-18-2008, 06:04 PM
The 25% discount only relates to DVC accomodation. You may be able to get AP discounts at hotel accomodation.