PDA

View Full Version : superbowl sunday

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-17-2008, 10:28 AM
I will be experiencing the magic on super bowl Sunday I need some suggestions on the best place to watch it.I am staying at wilderness lodge and think they have a lounge just don't know what the tvs are like.Im a big screen freak.Any help will be appreciated.

Gottaluvgoof
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
ESPN would be a fun place. Better get there early though. The place fills up real quick for football.

sillyolbear
01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I know Territory Lounge in the Wilderness Lodge has flat panels, but I don't recall them being especially big.

I do seem to recall that they were positioned so that you could sit close and see them well.

ESPN at Boardwalk was a good suggestion.

DisneyTeen
01-17-2008, 01:56 PM
If you have a car, try buffalo wild wings at Crossroads. They have a few projection TVs around the whole place.

#1donaldfan
01-17-2008, 02:13 PM
Well, my Steelers are out so I'd just do the parks and have fun......but.......next year when the Steelers are in the big game, I'd do like the others have mentioned........good luck to you....:thumbsup:

DDuck66
01-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Almost every place that has a TV will be tuned into the big game. You might think of having a Super Bowl Party in the room...order some pizzas, buy some snacks, and ENJOY!!!!

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
ESPN would be a fun place. Better get there early though. The place fills up real quick for football.

I agree and the Boardwalk is so cool too!

lockedoutlogic
01-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, my Steelers are out so I'd just do the parks and have fun......but.......next year when the Steelers are in the big game, I'd do like the others have mentioned........good luck to you....:thumbsup:

as a western pa native....i can say with authority that the Steelers.....aren't that close

They are still much better than the Eagles ever will be.....but what else is new

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
01-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Dont be a hater.Is there anywhere in downtown disney espn scares me I know its gonna be a mad house.

mjesq
01-18-2008, 01:19 PM
We'll be there at the same time (at the same resort! Wilderness Lodge)

MANY have suggested just watching the game at the Territory Lounge, which is what we will probably do. We have 2 kids and there is NO WAY we will even attempt to squeeze them into the ESPN Zone... Everyone says it'll be NUTS there...

:cheer: (as I sit here at work in my Packer jersey ...;) )

TheRustyScupper
01-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Territory Lounge, just remember . . .

1) It is a small bar area
2) The TV screens are smaller, and not meant for sports viewing.
3) You aren't the only one with the idea, get there very early.

tjstrike
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Just dvr it and watch it when you get home. Spend your time in the parks.

Tinkerbellfan
01-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Are you staying at the concierge level at the WL?

If so, we very much enjoyed the Pats vs. Ravens game on the extremely large big screen team on the concierge level. The lounge area had a wonderful comfortable leather couches right in front of the tv.

ibrowse17
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
We will be arriving that day, but I really do not plan to take time to watch the game. That is really strange for me to say as I am a high school football coach, but I guess it is just a Disney thing. We will be enjoying Ohana's that night:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
We experienced the World Series at ESPN many years ago-get there early and be prepared to wait for service. The place was so crowded and the wait people were overwhelmed.

GO GIANTS! :football:

Bohms4
01-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Have fun and GO GIANTS!!!! :number1::football::fball:

JerseyMouse
01-21-2008, 03:22 PM
The Tambu Lounge at 'Ohana is another good spot. ESPN is simply too nuts now, the last time DW and I watched a game there, we got there early, got our table, and proceeded to be the only ones at the table who couldn't see anything because of everyone else who helped themselves to the rest of our table. Not worth it.

rubato
01-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Packers lost! Boo Hoo! I'm not watching the game. :( I'll just enjoy the parks and hope everyone else is watching the game!

Go Eli!