PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Accessories/Playsets- What's Available/Where?

RoosMomKanga
01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
My Roo does a WDW train board for Christmas with the monorail and a Lionel Disney train:train:. He's got some of the accessories (Monorail, Parks Signs/Trees, Dumbo, SM, SE, Tree of Life, lots of diecast ride vehicles-he makes a parade of, & some of the Magical Key sets). I bought these on other trips and have been slowly giving, but now I'm out. I'd like to restock:shop: up on more gifts this trip (few weeks) to put aside. I'm wondering what is CURRENTLY available in the stores, and what store I'll find them in? I remember looking at the following on our past trips, but I had to choose others, are they still there- huge Cinderellas Castle (wonder how much these cost now?:spend:), Haunted Mansion, TTC-Monorail Switching Station, resorts-Contemporary, Polynesian, G. Floridian? Is there anything new (I saw a thread about a :pirate:Pirate ship:sail:- would this go with Monorail setup) and where do you get them (WoD only?)? Thanks!

wendy*darling
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
The World of Disney definitely would have the largest selection.
But I have seen a couple of pieces here and there- in resort shops and in the parks.
The larger stores in the parks- like the Emporium in MK and Maouse Gear in Epcot- would have the most variety.

Joy2theworld
01-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Once Upon A Toy in Downtown Disney has the biggest selection. When we were there in late fall, most of what you mentioned was still available except for I believe the Haunted Mansion. There hasn't been many new additions to this set recently.

Quasimodo
01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
One thing you may want to get is extra monorail track. When I was a kid and played with trains and race cars, I always wanted more tack. I have seen extra track available in the stores mentioned already.

MickeyMousse
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Last trip we picked up extra monorail track at Once Upon a Toy. They also had a great selection of both large and small accessories. :thumbsup: