PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Express

BouncingTigger
01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
When we were at WDW last week, we went to Downtown Disney once and found the place PACKED! The only places we saw with vegetarian options had such a long wait! Finally we spotted Wolfgang Puck Express and saw it had some veg options (pizza and pasta) at a reasonable price.

However, it was a HORRIBLE experience. There was an over 40 minute wait before our food came out and the place wasn't even that crowded. To make things worse, there was hardly any seating - just a couple tables outside and not even enough chairs for the tables! I asked an employee (are they still "cast members" if they're not at a Disney park/store/hotel?) if there was more seating and he kind of laughed and said nope, you just got to wait for one to open up.

It was fierce competition for seats - we grabbed one within 15 minutes (and I mean grabbed - I didn't know my bf could move so fast!). I saw people standing for at least a half hour - they put their numbers on their shoulders!

It was not a fun experience. For all that hassle, we should have just waited for a seat at Rainforest Cafe!

Has anyone else had this experience with Wolfgang Puck Express? Or did we just catch them on a bad night?

tinkerbell04
01-17-2008, 09:16 AM
We have always had great experiences at Wolfgang Puck's. We have been there when it was busy and did have to wait a few minutes for a table, but our food has always been out in under 10 minutes. I am sorry that you had such a bad experience there, it is one of our favorite places!:mickey:

disneymom15
01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
We've always had good service, maybe a little wait for a table, but not long. Food has always been very good.

robemcdo
01-17-2008, 09:53 AM
We eat at WP express twice this past trip. The fact that we went twice was due to the fact that we thoroughly enjoyed the first meal. The bbq chicken sandwich was great, my wife had a pasta meal that was great, and the 4 cheese macaroni satisfied my daughter.

We were on the DDP, and this was by far the best counter service we had. Plus the cashier, let us substitute a ceaser salad in place of our dessert.

We arrived once before lunch and once after lunch, so seating wasn't too big an issue, granted their are not a lot of seats inside,but their seems to be abundant outside.

Give it another shot.

eam
01-17-2008, 10:17 AM
We have been to Wolfgang Puck Express twice. The first time was okay, the second time was awful. We will not go back. As stated, the wait time was too long, and on the second visit, our pizza was burned. After taking it back and asking for a new one it finally arrived, and was even more burned than the first one. Apparently the cooks thought, "We'll fix her". More complaints would not have fixed the problem, plus we didn't have the time. My advice, go to Earl of Sandwich. The lines may be long, but it moves so fast, and you can always find a seat (after a bit of a hunt).
Sorry about your experience, but at least it was a learning experience.

May524
01-17-2008, 10:21 AM
This is a must do every trip for us. We really LOVE WP Express. We love to get the Rotisserie Chicken and garlic mashed potatoes! We have had to wait to get a seat, but it was no more than 5 minutes. I'm so sorry your experience was so awful! I know if that happend to me, I'd be upset also. Maybe give it another shot on your next trip!

PrincessCandaceMarie
01-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I love WP and never had a bad meal there, either express, or full service....it also depends on what time you go because it does get crowded....try it again! :thumbsup:

swampfox28
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
When we went it was very crowded, but we sat outside at a table and really REALLY enjoyed our meal. We liked it so much - and the best part was that it was considered a CS meal, not a table service. Therefore we got an awesome meal and felt we'd gotten a GREAT deal!

DDuck66
01-18-2008, 09:55 AM
We eat there all the time and have never had that problem. It is my understanding that the restaurant is now closed for refurbishment and they are redoing the seating. Maybe they will extend the enclosure and be able to add more tables. We do try and hit it either for an early lunch/late lunch to avoid the crowds.

January-2007
01-18-2008, 10:31 AM
We went here for dinner during the Free Dining promotion back in September and had a really great experience, we would return. I'm sorry you didn't care for it.